~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 03-16-2023, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
You think that makes you feel old......iiiish. I was 28 in 2015
Samesies. But there are a lot of big popular games that I've never played because I didn't play PC games and only have an Xbox so I still haven't played any of the recent Zelda games. *Shrug* eh, it is what it is

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-17-2023, 03:57 AM

I was 36 in 2015. But you know what makes me feel really old? One of my managers at Applebee's was born two months after I graduated high school.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-17-2023, 05:40 PM

One of my biggest worries is that I'll eventually have a psychiatrist who is younger than me. Dx

I know it's going to happen eventually, but I have been in the system so long, I'm used to every psychiatrist I had being in their 30s and either married or living alone. It's so weird to me to think that I'm almost 30, so eventually, my psychiatrist is going to either be younger than me, or be my peer.... Dx

I know it doesn't seem all that bad, but the worst part of it is the comparisons I start doing. Like, "Wow. You're 30 and you're a doctor?! I'm 30 and I'm still living at home! D:"

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-18-2023, 12:06 PM

It is a weird feeling. I don't know about the psychiatrist, that hasn't happened to me yet but. I have always been the youngest at every job I ever worked. Here at my current job, I'm the oldest. It makes me feel very old to be working with people who are 16 years my junior.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-18-2023, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
One of my biggest worries is that I'll eventually have a psychiatrist who is younger than me. Dx

I know it's going to happen eventually, but I have been in the system so long, I'm used to every psychiatrist I had being in their 30s and either married or living alone. It's so weird to me to think that I'm almost 30, so eventually, my psychiatrist is going to either be younger than me, or be my peer.... Dx

I know it doesn't seem all that bad, but the worst part of it is the comparisons I start doing. Like, "Wow. You're 30 and you're a doctor?! I'm 30 and I'm still living at home! D:"
Those comparisons will get you. I do it too but mine is I'm 43 work in fast food and still live at home.

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 03-19-2023, 11:57 PM

for me it's weird going to the regular doctor or dentist and them being younger than me. like.... damn, you had the ability to choose a career, go to school for it, and get a job in your profession before you were my age. but i don't take it personally, it's more a genuine "good for you!" thought I try really hard not to compare myself to other people because then it just depresses me. Like i'm married and moved out of my mom's house in 2016 (for the 2nd time), but i don't have a career or anything. And right now we're living with his mom (which sucks. she's not fun to live with.)

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-20-2023, 01:41 PM

We all have different time lines. Though sometimes it is hard not to compare yourself with others.

Spaghetti
Alorrena's Mule

Old 03-23-2023, 12:08 AM

Yeah definitely.

In other news, I finished the skirt i was making for the next time I go to Disney! I'm working on uploading pictures.

SPOILERX

my skirt:

it's a square. and it has 1 pocket that's deep enough for my phone wallet and keyes

Last edited by Spaghetti; 03-23-2023 at 11:02 PM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-25-2023, 04:40 AM

Very cute. You going to wear Minnie ears?

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 03-25-2023, 04:53 PM

I might. I just don't have any that really match, unless you count the basic mickey ears (they're my hubby's). I have the princess and the frog ears, the encanto ears, and the minnie ears that have a blue polkadot bow with the little flower. I think i might just buy another pair when i wear the skirt instead. Not sure yet.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-26-2023, 01:34 AM

I found these on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/2213969...search_click=1

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 03-30-2023, 01:25 PM

Those are cute. My mom has a scrunchie thing that she's bringing with her for me that will match my skirt, which works for me because i always wear my hair in a ponytail lol So i might not get a new pair of ears this trip lol we will see.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-07-2023, 04:32 AM

I would buy all the ears and all the pins.

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 04-12-2023, 05:14 AM

Honestly, same. But maybe after i get another job lol

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 05-27-2023, 10:10 PM

Hope you were able to get another job, Alo!

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 05-28-2023, 01:56 AM

Iku!!! Hi!!!

Alorrena
eyyo!

Old 05-31-2023, 11:29 PM

IKU!!!! so good to see you!!! Haha no, not yet. but maybe soon. My mom's doing this thing with this company that provides a platform for basically freelance customer service jobs, and they have you set up a company, and then do the work and stuff, so once she's set up i'll be able to join under her company and do work that way. In the mean time, i do have a job that's probably going away at the end of the year when my sibling moves to seattle. I'm a caregiver for them, but if they move they lose that benefit, so i lose that job, which really stinks. but they're adamant about moving in with their partners, and doesn't want to listen to anyone else's opinions on the matter or ways around the main reason they're wanting to move (they want to transition, and surgery is not covered by idaho medicaid unless it's a life or death kind of thing. which is dumb).