Palmoun
I miss it here, send a message t...

Old 10-09-2014, 05:06 PM

As they followed behind Vincent the worry in jess grew with every step. When she saw the door and the others inside she knew she had to stop. Tugging on Vincents sleeve, he stopped and turned to her, "what? we are almost there can this wait?" he asked as he looked at her looking very annoyed now. "uh… i was just wondering… what exactly are they going to be doing? I wanted to know if I could be apart of it." she asked quickly, hoping she sounded convincing. Vincent just stared at her for a little while and then smiled, "oh, well we have figured out that there are two things that we need to replace in it to be perfect. The one is obvious, its eyes since they stand out too much. The next one would be it's brain since it seems like that one in incompatible with what we are going for." He said and smiled more, "Since you spent time with it, you have more knowledge it then any other. So having you work with us would be nice." he said and missed the visible sickening look on Jess's face. They were going to destroy Todd. Looking at him, she knew she had to do something, but what?

"Todd… Run…" Was the only thing that she could say as her body started to move on its own. Pulling her Lab coat off, she held it by its sleeves as she through it around Vincent as he turned around to head back to the others. Pulling it tight, she heard vincent choking but closed her eyes and just pulled it closer, "Get out of here… please." she said softly and hoped that Todd would listen and go. She could hear Vincent try to call out to people as he tried to pull away from Jess.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-10-2014, 02:12 AM

Todd didn't hear the conversation about what they were going to do to him. He didn't hear them calling him "it" as if he weren't alive. He was focused only on the room full of people waiting to cut into him. He was so focused, he almost missed the moment when he was given a choice. The only reason he heard Jess's warning was because she used his name, which only she had ever done. He looked up, as if in slow motion, to see Jess fighting Vincent, trying to buy him time to run. For a split second, Todd had a choice whether to follow orders and run, or to stay and fight. The choice seemed easy. For the first time ever, Todd defied orders. The world sped up again as he jumped into action, knocking out three scientists before any of them knew what was going on. His greatest advantage was the fighting skills they had given him, and the deep resentment he had of his creators. He felt no remorse at all in dispatching them, though he was careful not to kill them. "Jess! Come with me!" He was going to leave, all right, but not without her.

Palmoun

Old 10-10-2014, 02:59 AM

Jess was busy making sure that Vincent didn't get away from her and when she saw him finally starting to go limp she looked up. It was then that she saw Todd didn't run away. In fact todd was standing among knocked out people and when she heard his words she nodded without hesitating. If she stayed here she was going to get in trouble and kicked out or something worse. "Come on, we need to get moving before they wake up." she said as she looked at him and started to head out of there. She didn't need to see that he was following her and hurried out the front door. Right now she had to think… but that was hard with everything that was going on in her mind. Her mind was racing too much to think after that. All she knew was that she had to get Todd out of here and as quickly as possible.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-11-2014, 03:05 AM

Todd nodded and followed Jess without hesitation. He probably could have found his way out under normal circumstances, but at a time like that when he was a fugitive and had no time to think, it was easier to follow someone who had actually been through those halls. His own mind was racing as they ran, wondering if they would make it out before anyone woke up, what they would do if they ran into someone, and where they would go once they got out. If they got out. One thing he knew for sure: things were never going to be the same after this. That, and that he would protect Jess with his life.

Palmoun

Old 10-11-2014, 05:11 AM

Jess's mind hadn't calmed down as she continued to head through the halls but finally snapped out of it as another man stepped out from the office. Without thinking, she threw a punch at his face and knocked him out. Her fist her and the pain cleared her mind even more as she looked down at the unconscious man. Her brain was finally starting to move. "Come on, we need to get a car and drive as far from here as possible or hide." she said as she started to run down the hall knowing that time was something precious to them now. Jess couldn't' help but smile as she saw the front doors come into view and ran a little bit faster. So far no one was stopping them and she hoped that would continue. Pushing the doors open she smiled as she sun hit her face but knew she couldn't enjoy it now. Looking around desperately, she finally spotted what she wanted, her car. Pulling out her car key she looked at Todd, "get in, we need to get out of here before-" A Alarm sounded and Jess cursed softly. "get in." she said as eh jumped inside and started the car, hoping that no one would stoop them now.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-11-2014, 05:35 AM

Todd was rather surprised when he watched Jess punch a man across the face. He didn't say anything, though, knowing that time was of the essence. He felt just a little relief when he saw the door come into view, though he didn't bother asking what a car was. He had a vague idea, anyway. When they got to the car in question, it took Todd several moments to figure out how to open the door. Once he figured it out, though, he jumped in and sat down, learning from watching Jess that he had to close the door and pull a strap across his chest. "Where are we going?" He asked, even though he knew that it didn't matter. He wouldn't understand the location she gave, anyway. It was just a question to fill the silence.

Palmoun

Old 10-15-2014, 03:01 PM

Jess started the car and quickly put it in drive. She wasn't sure how many people would be after them but she did know they would come quickly. "To my house and then as far away as we can get from here." She said as she headed down the road and kept her eyes on the look for anything that looks odd. But after 15 minutes of driving and no one following or chasing them she pulled into her driveway. "Come on, we need to get supplies." she said as she got out and headed towards the house. She never expected to be doing anything like this, leaving a house she lived at or being on the run. Yet life was like that, odd and never predictable at times. Opening the house, she hurried inside and instantly headed over to her room and started to shove clothing in a bag. She needed to think now on where to go and where others wouldn't find them, but where? She was too busy thinking to hear the sirens that seemed to get closer and closer to them.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-16-2014, 03:20 AM

Todd nodded and rode in silence, trying to calm his nerves. Had he really just run away from the place where he was created? It seemed impossible, terrifying...and yet, somehow, freeing. When they got to Jess's house, he followed the woman inside, barely taking the time to wonder at the "house" as it was called as he trailed behind her. He watched without shame as she packed a bag with all manner of things, since he didn't know the difference between clothes and undergarments. It didn't take long for him to notice a sound that was unfamiliar, yet it somehow set off an alarm in his mind. "Jess. Jess, what is that sound? I don't like it."

Palmoun

Old 10-18-2014, 01:36 AM

Jess jumped when she heard him and finally she screeching of the sirens entered her ears. Cursing softly, she slung the bag over her shoulder as she threw her phone onto the bed and looked up at Todd, "Come on, we need to start running before they get here. We can't use the car since they can track it." She said and without thinking grabbed ahold of Todds hand and dragged him outside. She was now very glad that she lived close to the edge of town because after walking for a few minutes they were already getting out of sight of houses and heading into heavily forested areas. Hopefully they would think to only look at her house for now and didn't get the dogs to look for them. She just had to think of where they could go now, where they could possibly live, and how to get there. But right now, moving forward seemed like the best and only solution.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-18-2014, 04:12 AM

Todd let Jess take his hand and pull him along. Truthfully, she was running a little too slow for him. The only reasons he didn't just run at full speed were that Jess wouldn't be able to keep up, and he didn't know where they were going. "Jess, are you sure you want to run away like this? You could go back. Just tell them that I made you do it, that I threatened you. I could run, and you'd be safe. You wouldn't have to leave your home." He said after a while. Though the thought of being all alone without Jess made his chest hurt, he didn't want to put her in a situation where she was running for her life. She didn't deserve that.

Palmoun

Old 10-18-2014, 05:00 AM

When Jess heard him she came to a screeching stop. Turning to him, she looked up at him, "I am not leaving you by yourself." she said simply, "If I go back there they will make me work on someone else, maybe even make another like you. I can't do that, I don't want to hurt anyone else or again." her voice grew weak as she remembered everything they put Todd though, al the experiments. Turning, she started to walk again and tugged him along with her, "I would rather be here with you, showing you the world, and having fun then be back there. You can always make another home as long as your alive and your with people you care about." she said as she continued to walk, glad that the sirens were behind them and so far no one sounded like they were coming after them.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-18-2014, 07:21 AM

Listening, Todd nodded, feeling a strange warmth in his chest at her words. "I...thank you. I am glad that you are here with me." He said. And even though they were on the run, with no idea where they would go or how long they would be chased, he couldn't stop the soft smile that spread over his features. "It is...very nice out here. There are so many trees." He said, allowing himself to wonder at his surroundings.

Palmoun

Old 10-19-2014, 11:09 PM

Jess smiled when she heard him and continued to move forward, trying not to trip on the tree roots now. Though when she heard him, she nodded and looked up at him, "yeah, it is peaceful and nice but sadly me and nature have had our di-" Right as she said that her foot bought on a root and she fell down. Groaning she sat up, "disagreements but we should be safer if we head into the forest more. not many people live out here so we might be able to hide out here for a while." she said as she looked up at him and smiled. "but I am glad that you like it out here since we may be living out here possibly." She said as she slowly got to her feet and started dusting herself off.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-20-2014, 03:31 AM

Todd reacted quickly, trying to catch Jess before she fell, but managed to catch only air. Embarrassed, he helped her up. "I am sure that we will be fine. I was created to survive in such conditions, after all. We can help each other." He said, sounding completely sure of himself. Even though he was a failure, there were still some things he could do right. "If we go farther in, we may find water. That's where we should head to. The most important thing is water." He added, looking around as if he were going to spot a river or lake somewhere nearby.

Palmoun

Old 10-20-2014, 04:59 AM

Jess smiled as Todd helped her up, "thanks and I hope your right." she said as she looked at him and found she did trust his words. He was made to survive and maybe they would. Hearing his words about water she nodded, "then lets head in further. Maybe we can find a place to stay for the night and lay low for a while. After we know they have stopped looking for us maybe we can find a place to actually live." she said as she smiled at him and took his hand again, "just to make sure that I don't fall again." she said as she walked with him deeper into the forest.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-21-2014, 03:45 AM

Todd nodded, agreeing that they should keep going. He felt his cheeks heat up slightly when Jess took his hand, but he didn't know why or even what it was called. Instead of asking, he pushed the feeling away and continued walking. "How will we know when they have stopped looking for us?" He asked after a while. The thought had been bugging him for a while, and though he didn't want to bother or worry Jess, he felt that he had to ask.

Palmoun

Old 10-22-2014, 06:08 AM

Jess slowed her pace when she heard him and thought long and hard. How would they know? "I am just guessing but when we come out and there isn't news about us for at least 3 months. Then I think they will have stopped looking for us." she said and hoped that sounded good because honestly she had no idea. All she knew was that they had to stay hidden for a long time and hoped that no one realized where they were. If they found them it would be off to the lab or Todd and off to prison for her. She then paused as she listened carefully and then smiled up at Todd, "I think I hear water."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-23-2014, 04:00 AM

Todd nodded, accepting the answer. He wouldn't know any more than she would. Pausing, he tilted his head slightly, then sniffed. "Yes, I hear it, too. I also smell water, and the air is getting cooler, which means we are getting closer to the source." He said. "I think it's coming from over this way." He added, pointing ahead of them and slightly to the left.

Palmoun

Old 10-25-2014, 09:41 PM

Jess smiled when she heard him and nodded, "then lets get going." she said as she took his hand and started to lead the way. After a little bit the sound of water flowing became clearer and once she pushed back a bush they finally saw it. It was a small little lake with a small stream flowing in and out of it. Smiling, she looked around and noticed the area was rather nice and secluded, maybe even good enough for them to stay at for a little while. Looking up at Todd, she smiled, "I think for now we can relax here."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-26-2014, 03:50 AM

Todd followed Jess dutifully, secretly liking the feel of her hand on his. When they reached the source of the water, he couldn't help but smile, his eyes lighting up. He had never seen anything so...pretty. "It's a good spot. Should I try to make a shelter?" He asked, looking around for the materials he would need to do so. Mentally, he listed what he'd have to use: leaves, wood, maybe mud, pine needles for the floor...

Palmoun

Old 10-26-2014, 10:42 PM

Jess smiled as she looked up at him and loved seeing his eyes light up like that. If she had let him go back… she would protect him. She would protect him and let him enjoy being alive. Hearing his words, she nodded, "That would be good, do you need my help or should I find some food or make a fire?" she asked as she thought about everything that they needed. Thanks to the lake they didn't have to worry about water and maybe it would have fish in it. If it did they didn't have to worry about food for now. Hopefully things would start going there way for now.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-28-2014, 03:29 AM

Todd thought for a moment, trying to figure out how to get things done in the most efficient way. It would be nightfall soon, and it would get cooler... "I think a fire would be the best place to start. I'll build the shelter while you build the fire, and then we can look for food." He decided, already picking up long sticks for the shelter's bones.

Palmoun

Old 10-28-2014, 06:24 AM

Jess nodded and started to look around for what could help her make a fire. Gathering a few sticks of her own, he settled down at a dirt clearing so that she wouldn't set anything on fire. Looking at the sticks, she gathered a few of the smaller ones and looked at the two largest ones. She had never made a fire like this before but she knew of it. She just had to make sure the friction was high enough. ONe way was to rug the sticks together but that might take a while. She needed to accelerate the fruition more then she could on her own. Thinking quickly, he ripped a piece of her lab coat and tired it to another stick before placing it on the end of the one. Smiling, she then rapped the string around before pushing it down, causing the stick to spin faster then she could on her own and just started to pump it, hoping that she might get a fire sooner or later.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-30-2014, 02:48 AM

Todd worked quickly, using vines to tie the sticks together at the top. After that was done, he started taking large leaves and bark and layering them over the stick-structure, using mud every once in a while to stick something together. The shelter itself was backed against a large rock, making it a cave of sorts. Within an hour, he had finished it and set up pine needle beds inside for both of them. Then he went to see how Jess was doing with the fire.

Palmoun

Old 11-03-2014, 04:14 AM

Jess continued to pump her little contraption trying to get a spark out of it or something but slowly smoke started to rise up. It was small, only a wisp of smoke at first but she continued her work. Gradually it started to build and soon she saw a bit of light. Grabbing a bunch of small sticks she started to put it on and fed the fire little by little. Hearing Todd coming over, she looked over at him and smiled happily, "just got the fire going, how does the shelter look?" she asked happily as she continued to feed the fire. Part of her still couldn't believe she had actually made a fire, she failed at everything when it came to the outdoors but for once she didn't. Maybe things would be okay for now, things would be fine as long as she had todd and they continued to work together.