CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-09-2014, 01:17 AM

I don't know about the kiss when it's the approach that's wrong rather than the looks. xD (Though I could say similar about the original Frog Prince...) But I do agree with everything else.

Great pick! Congratulations, Velvet!

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-09-2014, 01:18 AM

Oooh Oooh, very nice! Good choice Jelly!

I do indeed love how the background makes the castle fit! Why didn't i think of that? xDD

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-09-2014, 01:39 AM

That one made me laugh, too.

Congrats!

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
It's time for Monday's Winner, and it's 2nd star time for Velvet:!

This...just You know what this looks like to me? The equine version of an extremely posh, rich and well-bred socialite, getting hit on by a slick flyboy from the 'hood. She totally does not know how to deal with it other than stare down her aristocratic nose in horror. xD If FroDonk takes just one step closer she's gonna be off like a shot!

And look at that background...I'm thrilled that we have a full sky that enables proper use of the fairy castle now, and the hill in front of it works a charm, doesn't it? A perfect fairytale look. OH!!

Maybe...maybe...

Maybe FroDonk is Prince Charming in disguise and it's all a test! Maybe she should kiss him after all!
I definitely agree with you on the castle thing! I was so excited when I saw Nephila: use it back in July that the castle could now have a full background, and it goes perfect with the new unicorns!!!

---------- Post added 12-08-2014 at 09:53 PM ----------

By the way, congrats velvet! It's a really funny avi, and I love jelly's description!!

Last edited by fireprincess; 12-09-2014 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: Autocorrect did it again <.<

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 03:10 AM

OMG Thank you for remembering fp! T.T When I saw this win I was like yes...very clever. >:(

I do like what the unicorns add to it though. Congrats Velvet. :D

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
OMG Thank you for remembering fp! T.T When I saw this win I was like yes...very clever. >:(

I do like what the unicorns add to it though. Congrats Velvet. :D
Of course! You definitely deserve the credit!! I hope you don't mind, I used it for my mule's avi (Angel<3) :3
I always give credit to you when I'm asked though I'm so glad you created that technique. I tried using it before, but just couldn't come up with something spectacular like it deserves when the unicorns came out I was like YES!! I immediately made an avi for it the very next day XD

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 05:12 AM

Finally got a second star! Thank you for the pick! And thanks everyone for all the congrats!

This made my day. <333

And jelly, that was what I was going for. Poor Afrodonkey is waaaaay out of his league hitting on such a mystical creature. But he has to try, right?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
It's time for Monday's Winner, and it's 2nd star time for Velvet:!

This...just You know what this looks like to me? The equine version of an extremely posh, rich and well-bred socialite, getting hit on by a slick flyboy from the 'hood. She totally does not know how to deal with it other than stare down her aristocratic nose in horror. xD If FroDonk takes just one step closer she's gonna be off like a shot!

And look at that background...I'm thrilled that we have a full sky that enables proper use of the fairy castle now, and the hill in front of it works a charm, doesn't it? A perfect fairytale look. OH!!

Maybe...maybe...

Maybe FroDonk is Prince Charming in disguise and it's all a test! Maybe she should kiss him after all!
Congrats my friend.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-09-2014, 05:29 AM

Yeah, I saw it originally on Angel
I'm not surprised Neph came up with it, though. She's very creative.

Lol I get that same feeling sometimes, neph!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 AM

Guys - sometimes multiple people can have the same idea without copying someone! I've seen it happen all the time. Especially if you run in different circles and don't really pay attention to avvies outside your group of friends.

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Yeah, I saw it originally on Angel
I'm not surprised Neph came up with it, though. She's very creative.

Lol I get that same feeling sometimes, neph!
I know! I'm always surprised by her creative avis! Her layering skills sometimes take it to a whole other level. I couldn't believe how well she pulled off the castle/sky/hill combo back in July, and just had to use it for my mule's avi with the unicorn <3

---------- Post added 12-09-2014 at 06:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Guys - sometimes multiple people can have the same idea without copying someone! I've seen it happen all the time. Especially if you run in different circles and don't really pay attention to avvies outside your group of friends.
We know, and we're not accusing Velvet of anything, don't get me wrong. I just saw Neph use that combo way back in July, and she was the first one I ever noticed to come up with it. I just thought she deserved some credit too, since it was about 5 months ago when she created it

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-09-2014, 11:45 AM

I didn't know Neph had discovered that combo back in July, I never saw that I saw it on fp's mule, too Neph, did you save the avatar that you made so we can see? I really love it when people find great new background combos, and I love it even more when it filters through and becomes a regular thing.

I wonder if there's any chance of getting the evil version of the castle to work as well...

TO THE DAC!!

I realise now that Velvet's avatar could actually be a pretty hard-hitting social statement, couldn't it. Privileged white girl and ghetto black guy, and so on...

Last edited by jellysundae; 12-09-2014 at 11:49 AM..

AliciaNwonderland
Halloweiner

Old 12-09-2014, 12:25 PM

congrats velvet! awesome av!

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Congrats velvet! It is amazingly beautiful!

I have made similar avatars that other people have, like this one for instant, without knowing it. I knew the new CI had been released, got on and went straight to buy it and made my avatar before I had even seen everyone else's. But there are also difference between mine and everyone else who choose to make a similar avatar using the same items and I am sure the same can be said between Velvet's and Nephila. Everyone has their own style. I wish I had seen Neph's, because I am sure it is lovely!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-09-2014, 09:43 PM

I don't think anyone said she copied. Regardless it's amazing.

Angel<3
*^_^*

Old 12-09-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I didn't know Neph had discovered that combo back in July, I never saw that I saw it on fp's mule, too Neph, did you save the avatar that you made so we can see? I really love it when people find great new background combos, and I love it even more when it filters through and becomes a regular thing.

I wonder if there's any chance of getting the evil version of the castle to work as well...

TO THE DAC!!

I realise now that Velvet's avatar could actually be a pretty hard-hitting social statement, couldn't it. Privileged white girl and ghetto black guy, and so on...
Taaa daaa :D

Babyblueyez25
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-09-2014, 11:26 PM

Well done velvet. Cute avatar.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 12-10-2014, 04:27 AM

That's hilarious velvet , and pretty too
OF course AD would burrow in there to hit on the lady

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-10-2014, 11:06 PM

Time to congratulate kasakir:!

Look at these lovely colors! Everything about kasakir's avie seems to blend together so well.

I can just tell that this goddess is hanging around her personal Mount Olympus and looking down with disdain at all of us puny mortals. "Why must they eat and sleep so often? Weak peasants! They should be using those precious hours to worship me!"

Great job kasakir! You're gorgeous and you intimidate me, which is always a wonderful combination.

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-10-2014, 11:08 PM

Yay, i saw this one earlier in the rate your avi forum and i loved it!

Glad she got picked, congrats hun ^_^

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-10-2014, 11:08 PM

I love your avatar, Velvet! It tells such a fun story. Congratulations. :)

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-10-2014, 11:14 PM

I saw her's yesterday and thought it was amazing. A well deserved win for sure

Neller, you look amazing, too! I love what you've done

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-10-2014, 11:23 PM

Thank you so much!
As soon as I saw this CI, I just had to be a unicorn. :D

Also, congrats to kasakir! You have such superior layering, as always. You have such a beautiful avatar.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-11-2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Time to congratulate kasakir:!

Look at these lovely colors! Everything about kasakir's avie seems to blend together so well.

I can just tell that this goddess is hanging around her personal Mount Olympus and looking down with disdain at all of us puny mortals. "Why must they eat and sleep so often? Weak peasants! They should be using those precious hours to worship me!"

Great job kasakir! You're gorgeous and you intimidate me, which is always a wonderful combination.
Congrats my friend.

Babyblueyez25
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-11-2014, 12:13 AM

Well done kasakir!! Totally deserving of admins pick, gorgeous avatar!