Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 10-09-2011, 07:26 AM

being were talking about seasonal avis' anyway XD I'll just transfer our PM convo here where we can get some gold for it!
I'm excited to see what new costume items come out with the event and I'm planning on doing some impulse buying on Mene. As a kid impulse buying is kind of expected though. You generally don't have many mandatory bills so that responsible spending hasn't had a need to sink in yet.
You have more confidence then me! The most skimpy costume I've ever worn was a fairy and it had a short ish tutu type skirt, but it was all torn and jagged. So only some bits showed my upper thigh, it was my compromise to Russ for a sluty costume XD

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:29 AM

I like the way you think, woman. :heart: :lol:

I'm going to end up buying a lot if they have event currency again. These events are where I get most of my items. I hope the EI's are great. I'd love some more awesome focus pieces for avis!

You can say that again. The second I had to start paying for my car...impulse buying stopped immediately. I'll lurk in stores for hours before I convince myself that it's okay to buy myself something frivolous. I'm just glad security hasn't come up to me in one of them because of how creeperish I look while doing so! :XD

*coughs* A couple of years ago, the only thing that made up my costume was a corset, a red top hat, a see-through tutu and a pair of stockings/heels. I was a ring master for a circus. :sweat: The looks I got from my dad...:lol:

Bound Birdie

Old 10-09-2011, 07:41 AM

lol I'm still trying to be better about that lurking thing XD I'm watching Clean House though to so sorry if my replies are a bit slow.

I was SO happy that had just enough coding for event currency for the last event and I REALLY hope they do it again. It really keeps me involved for the whole event as opposed to me just buying everything as soon as it comes out and it's over. I don't need all the fancy coded games and layouts, but the event currency is awesome.

Security isn't allowed to say anything until you'e actually left the store XD so no worries. I generally will wait at lest a day if not to the next payday to see if I still really want it. Plus I always have to research everything I buy (like you saw with the lip tars) I think it took me about 2 months and in the end Russ was the one that bought them anyway! The price of the item plays a big part for me to, if it's a buck then I'm not going to be so uptight. My work really is probably where most of my money goes other then bills, which is pretty sad. but it's hard to see something you REALLY want everday and not get it.

Wow That is confidence, and my family probably would have not let me out of the house XD. however I do get pretty whore ish when it comes to clubbing/raves type outings. I still rarely where anything above my knees but I do tend to show of my rather large cleavage to an extream degree. Plus I have a lot of skin tight clothing, so while it is over the top sexy and shows off my figure, I'm still nice and warm XD

ElysiumFate

Old 10-09-2011, 07:47 AM

Don't worry about it. I'm in...like three other threads right now, so I'm not bored. :lol:

Yeah. It's really nice of them to do that, and I can't say how much I appreciate all the free common items they give us. And, by free, I mean we don't have to buy 3/4's of the shit with real money like on Gaia. It costs them a lot of money, but it's so nice.

Oh good! Haha. I tend to overthink some purchases to the point that they just don't happen. When I buy something right off the bat, it's because I know it's supposed to be mine. Like...I feel the "this will be important in your life" vibe, or "you'll wear this on a date that leads to marriage" kinda thing. I'm kinda superstitious/connected to things like that.

I didn't leave the house in that, but I did hand out candy for trick or treaters in it and had a party at my house while I was wearing it. :lol:

I'm the same way with my clothes. Very form fitting, but warm. My rentals have a hissy if I show off cleavage, so that doesn't really happen.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-09-2011, 08:03 AM

Indeed, when I first switched from gaia to Mene I was like..."no starter set how mean" and then a few weeks later was my first Halloween event on here and suddenly I had a whole free wardrobe. The cash shop was really Gaia's down fall, really not that they HAVE one but the way they operate it, and how rarely they make normal commons now, and even the "commons" are outrageously priced. Mene is really smart about how they let you have a lot but you still have to earn it.

I can be like that places I don't have the luxury of waiting, like yard sales, or thrift stores. I somehow always find these little things that call to me, or are just the perfect color or style. I try not to get TO attached to things though simple because I'm terrified of becoming like my hoarder mother. So now I can be a little OCD about getting rid of things when I get new ones to replace them.

Ah that makes more sense, I was remembering how cold Colorado Halloweens are and I was wondering how you could go out like that. Much better to stay at home and scare little children's parents XD Now I'm thinking maybe I should have a party, being this would be the first time I could really have ample room for one.
Well If my family saw the way I looked/dressed they would FLIP OUT. They cannot stand it when I dye my hair. Which pisses me off because I hate my natural hair color, and I adore my bright hair, as does 99% of the people that see it. Plus I don't have any piercings or tats, and my job encourages my dyed look so I can't understand what there issue is with it.

ElysiumFate

Old 10-10-2011, 12:27 AM

Exactly, and the things that ARE worth a buttload of gold tend to be worth it...like the crazy wings from Quercus Magic and such. I always laugh at the noobs who go and buy that crappy bag dress because they're so self-conscious about their avatars being nude. It's not like they themselves are. :lol:

Yeah, over the last half year I've really gotten into Habitat for Humanity, and even more so after I realized that all of the money I give to them when I buy stuff goes to building stuff for the homeless. I've gotten so many beautiful antiques from them, but I have to buy the stuff then and there or it's gone. I like to be surrounded by a lot of things, but I try not to go overboard.

Do you remember how it would be 70 degrees the day before Halloween, and the day of it'd be like...-2? It's horrible! :XD

I usually am not a fan of weird hair colors, but it looks good on you, namely because you seem to take care of it. I really hate it when people dye their hair an unnatural color like blue and let it fade out to the point of it being puke green. *shudders*

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy
Send a message via AIM to Rhumbullion Send a message via MSN to Rhumbullion Send a message via Yahoo to Rhumbullion

Old 10-10-2011, 12:29 AM

That bag dress always reminded me of the gear you were automatically given on Gaia online. You got the dress, and if you wanted you could get gloves and shoes to match.

You make me sad, Ely. I have naturally green hair. :(

ElysiumFate

Old 10-10-2011, 12:36 AM

Yeah, the free gear on Gaia wasn't much better. It was all pretty ugly, and you had to cough up thousands of gold to change your hair color and such. How hard is it to make that free?

I don't care that your hair's green, Rhummy. I care if you're one of those people who doesn't take care of it and it washes out so much that you can see the bleached hair showing through.

Bound Birdie

Old 10-10-2011, 07:38 AM

You have NATURALLY green hair? That's freaking amazing. *envy* Why can't naturally purple hair exist so I didn't have to re-do my roots once a month. My hair doesn't really fade much but that's the dye I use.

I liked the black rag dress from gaia, but the brown rags I would never re-use... so I never bought it. I do seem to recall there being a thread or contest about using the rag dress in a Avi. People got REALLY creative. Gaia did upgrade there free sets to some really ugly preppy clothes, that were only 5g so you couldn't even really sell them for anything. You could change your hair to some of the styles for free, you have to "delete" your avi and make a new one, I dunno if you can still do that, I just remeber it from the earlier days. Gaia's avi's are just such a pain to match stuff with! I'm not OCD with matching but I do like to color coordinate at lets a little.

Just as long as you don't end up like the people on Clean House/ Hoarders. XD I can be a little attached to things but those people go over board. It's crazy how someone will call a trashed junky doll a "priceless antique" Or this lady on clean house the other day had this massive broken piano, that she didn't even know how to play and she cried over giving it up. Even though they gave her a whole new living room set for it o.O I would make that trade in a heart beat.

Colorado's weather was always wack. I recall one year where I was sweating when I was out in a corn maze that day and it snowed that night while I was at Eliches haunted house o.O Or a few years before I moved there was a weekend in march where it was almost 90 and then on st. Patties a few days later was the biggest snow storm that year! Here the temp is almost always somewhere between 50-70 except for the very peak of winter summer and even then it varies by maybe 20 degrees.

ElysiumFate

Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 PM

I remember that contest, but I never went in and saw the finished looks.

I haven't messed with Gaia in years, so I have no idea if you can still do that. I hate that site. It's so boring and no one will talk to you on it. And, unlike Mene, you can't "make" new items out of old items. As you said, the colors just don't match well, so you pretty much have to stick to sets to have your avatar look any good.

Oh, I'm not that bad! It's just that once I get something nice, I'll probably keep it forever and never replace it. Trash is trash is trash.

I bet I know which blizzard you were talking about. We got two weeks off for spring break that year!

Bound Birdie

Old 10-13-2011, 12:48 AM

There weren't any good matchy matchy ones that looked good, but there were one or two theme ones that did okay. The one I liked reminded me of the little tinderbox girl.

I have two guilds on gaia that I still visit, but if it weren't for the friends I have in those guilds I wouldn't ever go there, I never pay attention to the rest of the site or the items. I couldn't even tell you what the monthly collectible is.

Well I get the phrase "one mans trash is another's treasurer" and I'll admit I have a few pieces of furniture that I found outside the dumpsters. But sometimes, its not even broken. A bit a go I found this perfect rocking chair, painted white without a scuff on it! But as soon as something is "unusable" generally I get rid of it, except for clothes. That's my falling point, I always think I'll be able to alter it, and there are quite a few I have, but right now, I don't even have a sewing machine :(

ElysiumFate

Old 10-13-2011, 03:39 AM

I never even had any guilds on there. I just thought the avatars were neat looking back in the day, and now I think they're hideous. I don't like the Mene ones too much sometimes, either, but I change them up with items so much that they hardly look like Mene avatars sometimes.

I know what the collectible for Gaia was two months ago because I bought it with some free Gaia cash I'd saved up, and put it on my avatar. That's the first time I'd touched that site in eight months.

I've never done that, but I consider the thrift stores I go to close enough. :lol: I get rid of trash, but I have trouble getting rid of items and clothing. Just to the point where I have to either sell them or give them away, not that I can't get rid of them.

ElysiumFate

Old 10-14-2011, 04:22 AM

Section Updated: "Just Close Your Eyes"

Bound Birdie

Old 10-14-2011, 06:59 AM

Oh Ely! That avi is so sweet and adorable it makes me crave candy XD I've only been on Mene and Gaia but I definitely like Mene's avi's better. Gaia's look like they got hit with a shovel or something o.O I have my neardy D&D guild that I play a few games on, and one angst-y goth guild that I have friends in. They are a really good source of where to spend my money XD They told me about the lip tarrs first. I don't really know a lot of people in my day to day life that get my sense of style so I cling to them a little.

Oh I LOVE thrift stores, but I've been amazed a what people throw away, so when bulk pickup day comes around I'm not to proud to scavenge XD I just hate to see stuff end up in a land fill. I'm more like you where I'm much happier about selling it or giving it to someone that WANTS it rather then just chucking it in the garbage. That is why I love Clean House so much and am so sad when I watch Hoarders, have you seen either of those shows?

ElysiumFate

Old 10-14-2011, 07:12 AM

Doesn't it give you a horrible toothache just by glancing at it momentarily? :lol:

That's a really good way of describing their avatars, actually. :P Looks like their faces got smacked so that they caved in, and they got smacked over the head and became midgets because they shrunk down like slinkies from the force of the blow.

People tend to like my style, and I've never cared how other people dressed. Though I do have a peeve about the slutty girls and older women who spend $1,000 on manis, pedis, and hair every year but never wear anything but sweats....

Did you see the Mischievous vampire tutorial, speaking of makeup? It's to die for!

I've seen both of those shows several times. I hate them because they make me so depressed...well, Clean House has just gotten old, but Hoarders makes me have one of three reactions every time: disgust, projectile vomit inducing sickness, or sadness, so I tend to avoid it. >.>

I know what you mean; people just chuck or give away the best stuff sometimes. I got a $80 Guess dress from a thrift store for $13, once, and an extremely expensive Geisha doll for $4 at a Habitat for Humanity last summer.

ElysiumFate

Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 AM

Sections Updated: "God Doesn't Choose" and "Just Close Your Eyes"

ElysiumFate

Old 01-09-2012, 02:19 AM

Section: "Just Close Your Eyes" has been updated.

ElysiumFate

Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 AM

Updated Section: Just Close Your Eyes...

ElysiumFate

Old 01-30-2012, 09:17 PM

I have had the extreme honor of winning Admin's Pick again, so that section will be updated!

Bound Birdie

Old 02-19-2012, 07:53 AM

*pulls up a chair* I know I've told you quite a bit about couponers, but I talked about Register Rewards in particular?

ElysiumFate

Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 AM

No, you've never mentioned that one.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-19-2012, 08:11 AM

A Register Reward (or RR's) is a coupon that prints AFTER you buy something, but is good of most things in the store with the exception of gift cards, buss pass, cigs stuff like that which is all detailed out in the huge paragraphs of fine print
so the ad reads something like this
Buy such and such at $5.99
Register Rewards -$5.00
LIKE PAYING --------- $0.99
so in a way they can be very confusing but on the other hand if there are other things you want in the store they are basically like cash, so couponers LOVE them. Employee's do to because we get them even with our discount so I pay 5 instead like getting it free!
anyway that's a small bit of it but still more then you need to know for the rant

ElysiumFate

Old 02-19-2012, 08:15 AM

Ahh, I get it. So who screwed what up?

Bound Birdie

Old 02-19-2012, 08:23 AM

lol you asked for the long version XD
Anyways another piece of background information is that my store can be very "relaxed" on a lot of policies. Not me but a few of my managers. One of my managers has even sold things that we didn't even HAVE to people so they could have the RR. Or the "limits" people barely enforce limits and then not at all on Sat. because thats the day the sale ends so it ends up being a free for all. You know how you sometimes see a thing of coupons attached to a display of something so when you pick it up to buy you can grab the coupon as well? We had to start holding these hostage at the Cos counter (so if you get any make up at walgreens go to the cos counter XD). But then if the mangers were short on coupons at the end of the night they will just take a totally random coupon from the cos bin and submit it instead. So basically the policy at Walgreens is as long as they can still get the reimbersment from the coupon they don't care. So when me and three other employees actually enforce rules there were some managers who would actually be annoyed and just over ride the coupon and let the people do whatever. Which always upset me, A. because it is wrong B. because it makes me look like a lying bitch
So just take this as the atmosphere that I've been working in for four years and the other girl that is involved 2 years

ElysiumFate

Old 02-19-2012, 08:30 AM

And I suppose reporting all this wouldn't do ya any good, huh.

Yeah, it's not good to work somewhere that makes you go against your own morals.