Dustywebs
Greetings Traveler!

Old 03-02-2014, 02:22 AM

“Good Morrow Briar. After many years on the road, I can sleep through just about everything. Nerves just don’t have as much impact on me anymore.” Rylaf had a slight grin as he watched Briar get into the booth. He thought back to his days when he just started to travel. Although, the fate of the world wasn't in his hands then.... Rylaf's grin quickly faded....

“I think we should head to the Isle of Vaetin. The stones of Etos are there and I think it will be a great place to get some answers. Maybe the other people we saw in the vision will be there. After we get the group together, we can figure out what to do next.”

There was a 'clunk' sound from the weights around Rylaf's wrists as they hit the table. He started to organize his maps and papers.“I have charted our course out on this map here.” Rylaf pushed the map closer to Briar so she could see the lines he had drawn. He pointed at a small town. “This is Greyview, where we are now. If we follow this road to the east, we can grab the main road that will head south towards the coast.” Rylaf traced the entire path out with his finger stopping at the coastline. “Once we get to Gallus it will be nearly dark. We will have to stay the night and then catch the ferry over in the morning. Are you up for a full days ride? We can stop at the road junction to eat and take care of personal needs before riding the rest of the day south. Are you ready to begin a new chapter in your life Briar?”

“Excellent, glad you have a horse. I will just have to get one for myself then. That will save on the initial cost. Adventures can get quick expensive. Hopefully we won’t have to be washing dishes for meals by the end of it….. Hopefully there is an end to it…..” Rylaf just sat there for a moment in his head, just thinking.

After several moments of silence, Rylaf waved the barkeep over. “Let’s see what he says about a horse. We can also get him to get your's ready as well.”

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 03-11-2014, 08:30 AM

Briar stood up and peered over the map, followed Rylaf's words intently. "The Etos stones. It would be silly of us not to head there first. A days ride doesn't sound bad at all, I actually expected it to be much longer."
Her thoughts lingered on the monk's question for a while. A new chapter. Briar slowly sank into her seat. Could possibly the closing chapter to her story? She answered with small shrug and a smile, not wanting to add to Rylaf's worries. But no matter what, their imminent task was weighing down on both of them. This was apparent from Rylaf's sudden silence.

"We will make sure that there is an end," said Briar straightening up," We haven't any other choice. Many lives are depending on us." In that moment, many of Briar's fears about what lay ahead melted away. She began to feel like her old confident self again. The world depended on them, failure was not an option.

Soon the bar keep appeared next to them, wiping his hands with a cloth.
"Mornin' sir, young lady," he said cheerfully," Hope 'ya both had a good rest. How can I help 'ye?"
Briar answered," My friend here is in need of a horse and I'd like mine to be saddled. Both of us will be heading out today."
The barkeep furrowed his brow thinking." Well now," he said after a short while,"I've got two in stables strong enough fer travels. Ya can come out an' 'ave a look at 'em. Draydon'll see to yers, dearie. Draydon!" The young boy scurried out from the next room with a nervous look on his face
"Saddle up the young lady's horse. Make sure she's fed, ya hear?"
Draydon nodded and ran off to the stables. The barkeep shook his head.
"Such a jumpy lad. Always getting worked up over wee things. Hardly ever says a word, ya know? But, atleast 'e's quick. Come along, sir, and we'll have a look at those horses."

By the time they had got to the stables, Briar's horse was saddled and happily munching from a bag of oats. Draydon stood next to her with a brush in his hand. When he looked in their direction, Briar smiled at him. But he turned his head a way quickly and continued with his brushing, not know that his ears were bright red. The barkeep lead them towards the end of the stable and stood with his hands on his hips.
"There ya go," he said gesturing towards the two horses," Take yer pick"

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 03-11-2014 at 08:33 AM..

Dustywebs
Greetings Traveler!

Old 03-13-2014, 01:39 AM

“What are the prices for each horse?” Rylaf said as he walked up to pet the white horse. “Uh. That one il’ be 600 pieces. Dat one is 500 pieces.” Said the barkeep as he sat down on a hay bail. “Hmm… A little steep…. I will give you 400 pieces for the gray horse.” “Ha! You are the one in need my friend, 500 take it or leave it.” Rylaf relutanctly took 500 pieces out of his bag and handed it to the barkeep. “Will you at least prep the horse for me?” Rylaf said noticeably disappointed. “HA! DRAYDON! Prep the gray horse please.” Chuckled the barkeep.

Rylaf and the Barkeep shook hands as Draydon ran over to prep the horse.

“Well let’s be off then Briar….” Said Rylaf as Draydon handed him the reins to his horse. “Stay close to make sure to avoid any thieves along the road. They can try to split us up if we arent careful.” Rylaf checked to make sure that Briar got situated on her horse before mounting his.

The road was kind to Briar and Rylaf. They made good pace along the road on their way to Gallus. As the sun was nearing the edge of the world as the travelers could see the town in sight. They trotted into the town and started to look for the nearest inn.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 03-25-2014, 03:22 PM

The sun had begun to set over the coastal town of Gallus. Briar had thought that Greyview was and absolute marvel, but the sight of this town, engulfed in pink, orange and red light, was overwhelming. It was difficult, though, to pin point the exact style of Gallus as the buildings that made up the town where entirely dissimilar to each other. Briar was able stop at least ten different styles of architecture that she was familiar with, although there were a few more styles that she didn't recognise.

Her attention was brought to one particular building, an inn. It had various archways, an elaborate fountain, various bronze and gold decorations and was done entirely in sand tones. It's style looked precisely like that of Jinan. Bringing her vision to mind, Briar remember the look of the man with the white hair. Both she and Rylaf agreed on the fact that he was probably from Jinan. Could it be possible? She had run into Rylaf by coincidence after all. Briar began to ease her horse into a slow trot.

"Rylaf," she began, keeping her voice low so as to not be over heard by the people buzzing about," Do you remember in your vision... there was a man with white hair who looked like he could be from Jinan? Well, that building is decorated in typical Jinanite style and... I have a feeling that we should look around inside. Perhaps our white haired companion thought to come to Gallus just as we did."

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 03-25-2014 at 03:24 PM..