Cybertronic Butterfly
ISS Agent 42738BUI

Old 02-21-2014, 02:04 AM

Amaya laughed at Trisha's response and filled her in on the fighting between her and Heverd."When we were children, Heverd and I would often spar. It was illegal for me to fight when I became a priestess, but before then I always beat him. We would go home and Papa would ask how he did."

Heverd laughed aloud again and stood beside her."I'd be covered in mud and drenched to the bone, Mother used to laugh at me every time."

"I want to see a... Magnolia.."Amaya tried to imagine what it looked like as she stared at the tree, but when Trisha nudged her shoulder she was confused."Why would we misbehave?"

When Trisha fell Amaya was the first at her side, as Henry had missed a step and collapsed as well. She watched her new friends fall to the floor and she placed her hand on Amaya's stomach to find the problem, sighing with relief when she found the cause."Heverd help me get them into the bunks."

She carried each of them in turn with her brother to respective beds and began caring for them. She knew it would be a few days before the magic would take to their body in an effect way, so she immediately began helping the magic; pulling it through their bodies in a way. Her whole body glowed as she helped her friends get through the Changing alive.

Days passed, and she catered to each one personally, and as the four day mark come to pass she had become worn and haggard, falling asleep against the wall between Trisha and Henry's beds, as their bodies had taken the most healing and watch.

HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 02-21-2014, 04:11 AM

How long had they been out? What happened..? Trisha wasn't sure, every inch of her seemed to buzz strangely, her whole body felt weird. Her memories of the last moments of the Magnolia were fading, but she clung on to it a little, the rumbling of the hull when a meteor shower blindsided them, something on the planet had been messing up their sensors, she was almost willing to blame this strange power the people were displaying. Next thing she knew she was running through the halls, stumbling as the ship clattered down towards the planet, jumping into the escape pod with several people and praying that this wouldn't get any worse.
Didn't really seem like god was there for her on that one.

She tried to push her mind back, realizing there was something she missed. Who else had climbed into the pod? She remembered Brandon, Henry and Edward, maybe because she woke up with them, but every attempt to see the others faces seemed clouded. Finally she gave up, which was the point that she pushed herself up into a sitting position. There was a strange surge in her, so much so that her dreary eyes shot open as if she'd been pinched or something and she looked around in a slightly confused fashion. The others were there, they were all in one piece, but she wasn't sure what happened. Was she the only one who had collapsed? Or was it all of them..?

And what was this strange feeling? She couldn't just feel herself, it was like everyone around her had an aura about them, like this outer shell that let her knew they were nearby in her mind. Without even looking at them, she knew exactly where Edward, Brandon and Henry were, and of course Amaya. Trisha stared over at the girl. She was clearly exhausted, the blonde could tell, had she been looking after them all..?

She pushed herself off the bunk, reaching up to her head again, that strange buzzing in her head kept bothering her, it didn't exactly bother her so much, it almost felt natural.. Trisha stood up, looking down at her hands, then to the others once again, especially Amaya. She did a lot for them, she didn't even know them, she didn't even know the truth yet she was faithful. There wasn't a lot Trisha could do, but if there was anything she would do, it was protect them. Four-hundred years down the line, everyone she knew back at Terra were dead, these people were her family now.

She jumped when her right hand seemed to spark slightly, electricity seemed to jump between her fingers before fading as quickly as it had appeared. She stared at her hand, opening and closing it before clenching it entirely. Whatever that was, it felt right.

"I need a cigarette.." Edward's voice made Trisha turn around, the scientist was sitting up, his labcoat seemed to have been discarded onto a nearby chair, leaving him in his standard casuals, "I would hazard a guess that-"
"Amaya probably took care of us, yeah." Trisha interrupted. She wondered if the others would wake up soon too, Edward meanwhile managed to push himself into a sitting position, brushing his hand over his face, even he could feel that things were different, but there was no scientific explanation he could give it, it would probably be a good idea for Henry to give them all a check up and make sure it wasn't some kind of sickness.

Brandon remained asleep, like Trisha, his dreamed were stuck on those last moments before the ship fell. He'd always gotten good grades in combat simulations, frankly it was the only thing he had to do on the Magnolia, if anyone on that entire ship had been ready for a fight, it was him. When action finally came around, it was like the whole world played at a pace only his mind could understand. He remembered every face he passed in the hall, he remembered every step he took, every spark and flash of a light. he was the first to the escape pod, but he practically dragged people in, pushing them one after the other into the pod.

He practically saw each face as they passed. Henry was the first, the Navigator, three more, Trisha, Edward, then he followed. He made sure they each entered their cryo-pods. He set each of them up, activated their pods before climbing into his own, set it to automatic and watched as the doorway locked, he felt the pod detach and blast away from the ship before he was finally put to sleep.

That feeling of magic from before, it was getting stronger, that instinct he'd had when Amaya was healing them,
"It's like magic..!" He suddenly stated, sitting up, almost delirious, but then looked at Edward and Trisha. Both of them were staring at him, looking almost as dumbfounded as he was when he realized that he'd almost yelled it out loud, of course Trisha then burst out laughing, having to steady herself against the wall in order to keep herself from falling as Edward also chuckled, adjusting his glasses on his face,
"Oh my god.. Brandon, seriously..?" Trisha struggled to breath but Edward shook his head,
"Of all the possible things to say.. Of all the theories and possibilities.. It's like magic.. If I had a thousand years, I don't think I could ever have considered something so.. Simple.." Edward sighed, "Yet he's probably closer to the truth than I could have hoped to get just thinking logically about the illogical.."

Brandon smiled a little, though he was still blushing from embarrassment, at least they weren't mocking the idea, although Trisha seemed rather bitten by the whole thing, only just managing to control herself as Brandon rubbed the back of his head,
"I'm no scientist.. Magic just seemed like the better answer.."
and the machinist sees three idiots sitting on the tracks.

Cybertronic Butterfly
ISS Agent 42738BUI

Old 02-21-2014, 06:06 AM

Henry had jumped awake when Brandon had shouted, his eyes wide and heart thumping. He felt different, almost... new. Not in the sense of being something else, or someone else; but settled and fulfilled. A feeling that only a piece of you that was missing could give. He felt a stiffness that was neither a pain, or a burden, it was as if he had overslept and awoke refreshed and ready to do what he needed to do! He sung his legs over the end of the bed and nearly stepped down on the sleeping native girl that had helped them through the whole ordeal they had been thrust into. He looked to Trisha and Edward in confusion, but the unspoken question was answered by a familiar voice in the doorway of the bunkhouse."She hasn't left your sides. Caring for you night and day nonstop so the Change didn't harm your bodies."

Henry furrowed his brow and stepped over Amaya carefully so he wouldn't wake her, taking the clay cups of water from Heverd and passing them out. "Drink it everyone. You said night and day, how long have we been out?"

"Four days now."

Henry choked on his water, his eyes wide and mouth agape."Four days!? She's been caring for all of us nonstop for four days!"

Heverd smiled at his sister and nodded."She has always been the best healer, she knew that in lesser hands your bodies would have been destroyed by the Change. She's always been... so much stronger than me."

Henry could hear the regret and shame in Heverd's voice even though no part of his appearance showed it. He changed the subject quickly."What is the Change exactly?"

Amaya had awoke with Henry's shout of surprise at her insistence to care for them while they slept, now she stretched and explained it to them."The Change is when someone who is not native to our village develops the magic we are born with. It's a long process, the body shuts down so much that some do not survive it. Those who's bodies don't shut down that far may also end up dying from the magic building inside their bodies. A healer is needed to be present to be sure the magic is.. stretched, into the body; and along the correct pathways. If it is not in the right pathways there can be horrible side effects. Madness, hostility, even suicide have been experienced."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."Henry responded sheepishly, but the look of boyish embarrassment had disappeared as she explained what it was. He could suddenly see the signs of strain the healing and [I]stretching[I] had taken on her body, his heart dropping.

Amaya took the clay cup of water from the tray and smiled, thanking her brother before taking a drink, then putting the cup down she moved to Trisha. "I don't mean to invade your personal space, I need to be sure you're alright."

She placed her hand on Trisha's forehead and smiled, nodding before moving to Henry and doing the same thing. She followed the pattern with Edward and Brandon and grinned in relief. "You'll be alright. You may want to rest for today though. Magic is often very tiring."

Henry nodded, happy she was practical; even though all she had to do was touch a person and she knew what was wrong with them and be able to heal them in seconds.

HC-Gal

Old 02-21-2014, 08:04 PM

Brandon's face lit up almost like a child's when Amaya herself used the word magic. Of course no scientist could ever fully accept that as a concept but at least there was a name for it, but honestly, he was surprised she'd went through so much trouble for the four of them. Four days with little rest.. What did she say? Magic is tiring? She certainly could talk. But before he could even say anything, Trisha chuckled,
"Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop you right there, but until we've been looking after four other people for four days straight and exhausted ourselves, you cant tell us to rest." She chastised Amaya jokingly, staring over at Heverd, "You make sure she gets some rest, as for us-" She faltered slightly, doubling over a little as her stomach growled, "-.. I think I need a little more Iron in my diet.." She muttered. They'd gone four days without food, she was definitely hungry.

Edward rubbed his chin softly, he wondered if it was Amaya's talents that made that other woman feel so threatened, forget the fact that she had four gods to contend with, Amaya clearly had been a concern for much longer than them. That Leco was probably jealous as well, at not being able to keep up, however he looked over at Henry next,
"Once we get the systems up and running.. I'd like you to take a few blood samples from us and examine them. Just to be safe, see if there's any anomalies." He suggested it calmly, though even he was feeling pangs of hunger, and worse, withdrawal, that was something magic couldn't cure, he rubbed at his temples, stress was building up pretty quickly this time,
"And while we're at it.. I need to see about setting up a regimen for quitting.." He grumbled to himself, it was hard to focus, he could feel a great deal of irritation building up in his mind and much of it was focused on that troublesome woman that had been giving Amaya so much grief.

"I'll get things powered up and running again," Trisha finally added, staring over at Henry, "After all, I've got a backlog of things I need to do already, right?" She was of course referring to when Henry had called her for assistance, she could only assume the systems had locked up. Given this ship was now over four hundred years old she wouldn't have been surprised if it was an internal issue. If she could get the generator back online then that could probably get the rest of the ship working, power was critical to the majority of the systems, even the onboard computers, the backups weren't good enough to let them function properly.

Before anyone could say otherwise,s he'd already left the room to start rooting back through the ship again. She'd made finding some cigarettes for Edward a priority, she knew that the withdrawal would probably cause him withdrawal problems sooner or later and the group needed him at his best.
Brandon meanwhile was still sitting on his bed, staring at the others thoughtfully as his stomach growled,
".. So much to do, but I think my stomach has decided for me.. We really should eat."

Last edited by HC-Gal; 02-22-2014 at 12:25 AM..

Cybertronic Butterfly
ISS Agent 42738BUI

Old 02-28-2014, 04:33 AM

"But if you don't rest you could have a magic meltdown. Your body needs time to understand the magic."Amaya mumbled, rubbing her head."And I did rest, I've had sleep.. more than you guys. You didn't sleep, you were in comas."

Henry smiled and patted her shoulder before wandering off into the hall to do more exploring."I'll join you guys soon."

Amaya resigned to helping them find food, heading to the kitchen in a deflated manor. Her hands worked quickly as she chopped, stirred and minced what they would be eating. She boiled the water without a fire and continued cooking; it wasn't long before she had started a nice stew containing a strange meat that was moderately close to the cow, and various strange vegetables that had no relation to the earthen ones.

It simmered at her concentration, but she didn't let it cook very long. It was a good strategy for the meat to be fully cooked, but the vegetables to still be firm and crunchy. She went to the room again and served it into four bowls, telling one of the guards to find the others so they could join them.

HC-Gal

Old 02-28-2014, 11:10 PM

One of the first things that got sorted was opening one of the cargo rooms. The place was musty with the smell of having been left alone, the stale air almost choked Trisha the first time she entered, but once fresh air started pouring in, it got easier to breath. The problem then was finding the manifests for the containers, luckily the old papers were still available. Even in an advanced society, paper seemed to keep flowing.. She identified the right container, cranked it open and pulled out a container of cigarettes for Edward. The older scientist was pretty grateful to have something to smoke once again as he returned to his own labs.

It was getting the ship to return to full life that proved the trickiest problem for Trisha as she eventually broke deeper into the bowels of the ship, eventually reaching the reactor. It had long cooled down, the automatic systems must have shut it off to preserve its stability, but getting a generator up and running alone was a daunting task. With her box of tools she hammered away at the bulkheads, opened access ports, made sure the wires were all in good condition as well as the surrounding hardware before she started attempting to bring the reactor itself on.
Even as hunger was settling in her stomach, she worked near tirelessly on every console, jumping from place to place to monitor everything, every engineer of an explorer class vessel had to be at least capable of keeping it running until they could find a safe place to land. The latter part was clear, but now the real challenge was keeping it running and making sure it would stay stable.

And lo and behold, a miracle, after kicking a few of the old systems sharply, the machine started to sputter to life, the gyroscopic center of the core beginning to rotate and turn, lighting up with life as Trisha whooped with joy. How many engineers had the pleasure of saying they brought a four-hundred year old wreck back to life on their own?
The effects of her bringing the ship online would have been felt by all as the emergency lighting systems reverted, turning off briefly before the main lightning lamps began to flick on. The cargo holds were suddenly lit brighter than before. Where the villagers once only had the emergency back-lighting and oil lanterns to light them, suddenly they were bathed in the bright overhead lights. The combat units gleamed in spite of their old age, at least their covers had been taken care of. The hum of the reactor core would have reached outside of the ship, filling the air with that gentle sound. When the engines weren't powered it felt almost harmonic, the internal systems of the ship humming to life. Exterior landing lights began to flicker on and off gently and the internal computer systems started to function once more, no more lockouts due to low power.

Brandon looked up as the light in the kitchen area came to life. Much to his amusement they'd turned the relaxation area of the barracks into a kitchen. He'd originally just followed Amaya to keep an eye on her, he was of a similar mind to Trisha that maybe the woman shouldn't be up and about whens he'd been exhausting herself to look after them. However once the power was back he turned to one of the many once-secured doors that lead to each of the personal rooms.

It took but a touch of his hand on a panel at the side and the door hissed open softly. He entered and the door closed behind him. Inside he found the rest of his gear, some old pictures, a few collectibles, a shitty old rifle he'd laid to rest long ago. And of course his own clothes. He pulled off his armored gear, setting it aside in a locker before going to his personal shower. There seemed to be water in the reservoirs still, may as well use it. As soon as he was done, he switched into some standard slacks, a jacket, some boots, gloves and a chest-holster to hide his pistol in his coat. He emerged just in time for food to be ready. The smell of the food hit him instantly, he knew he was definitely hungry after all that had happened.

Edward had meanwhile managed to get back into his labs. There was definitely some mess to clean up, luckily nothing too corrosive or harmful, but needless to say, some of the experiments had been completely destroyed, whether it was during the crash, or the long passing years. He sat in his office, finally smoking one of his much needed cigarettes. He wasn't lying about having to quit, if he only had a limited supply, he was going to have to forcibly wean himself off them.
When the guard found him he was up and about again, still clearing some of the mess away, he returned without much fuss. Probably the one it had taken the longest was Trisha, finding her was considered impossible until she practically burst from one oft he access hatches and shut it behind her, her clothes were even dirtier and dustier than before, to the point that even she recognized she needed to take a shower and get something new on. Of the crew, she was probably the last to appear, having found her own quarters, showered and replaced her cloths with a similar set to before, only this time it was clean.

Bradley and Edward were probably the first to dig right into their food. It may have looked alien but it was edible and even tasted quite delicious, it certainly seemed like their body make-up was more or less the same as these people of Ysnaan, their needs were likely no different so there wasn't much risk of the food being poisonous. It would have been considered almost impossible for such a parallel evolution to exist in the universe, but clearly Impossible had to be written off as a taboo word at this point.

Trisha was a little more tentative about the food. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate the meal, it was that she was more skeptical about its affects, but between watching Edward and Bradley happily scarf down their meals and her own stomach growling at her she finally picked up the bowl and began to eat, before realization spread across her face and she stared at Amaya,
"This is delicious!" She stated bluntly, "Forget military rations, I want home-cooked meals from now on..!" She announced before beginning to devour the meal quite hungrily.
and the machinist sees three idiots sitting on the tracks.

HC-Gal

Old 03-29-2014, 03:28 AM

[I'm going to consider this RP dead, sorry.]