Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2011, 12:26 AM

I've been thinking for a while about a roleplay where people dissappear from the world annd reappear in another world where magic is possible, common, even, and adventuring is an accepted way of life. I don't have a name for this place yet, but I have a rough plotline of my character trying to get back home and helping the other people she finds.

Anyone coming from the real world will of course need to be human, but if you want to be from the other world, you can be human, elf, dwarf, whatever. I just ask that we don't have any angels or demons, that drives me CRAZY. And just because you come from Earth doesn't mean you can't use magic; my character will be able to.

Also, I'm going to require at least a paragraph per post, if not more, and no TyPiNG leiK Th1S!!1!1

Also, I'm doing this from my Droid, so ignore the typos please.

Last edited by Squeegepooge; 03-09-2011 at 09:27 AM..

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 03-05-2011, 12:31 AM

oooo id be interested. :3

I'd like to be from the 'other' world if possible..and I was wondering. :3 if i could be a phoenix. ^-^ It has a downside to it so i wont seem like he can never die. :33

Last edited by happydeath; 03-05-2011 at 12:34 AM..

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2011, 12:46 AM

As long as you're not godmodding, I'm fine with it! :) Would you be a bird or a humanoid?

And I'm going to need someone to tell me where to post the actual roleplay, I've never participated in an rp on here and I need help.

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 03-05-2011, 12:59 AM

I'll be in a human form but able to change into the phoenix. When you read the bio, you'll understand. :)

and if you want to post up the rp. Go here. Roleplaying Forum - Menewsha

Than click on the button that says 'New Thread'.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 AM

This sounds interesting.

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2011, 04:00 PM

This is a little smidgeon I thought up to give you an idea what's going on, but I didn't include much about the world because I thought it would be fun to make it up together. After this I'll be accepting character sign ups, so just post it however you want as long as it gets the point across. And this isn't the best example of my writing abilities, I'm slightly hungover.

I hated leaving him. What kind of screwed up system only let's a kid see their mother every other weekend? I sighed as I got in my car and started driving home up Highway 101 back to Oregon. At least it's nice out, I thought, listening to a Lady Gaga cd. It was nice to look outside as I drove home, the blooming flowers and verdant green foliage making me feel a little better about leaving. After all, the kid was only a year old, it's not like he would remember all this. My stomach rumbled as I passed through a small town just past the stateline, and I stopped at a donut shop for a quick bite.
My hunger satiated temporarily, I got up to leave, but turning to the door, I was struck by a sudden dizzy spell. I groaned and grabbed my head, but it was already over. I looked up and my jaw dropped. "Oh my god..."

I almost fell down; the donut shop had dissappeared and I was now standing in the middle of what looked like medeival Europe! I started to panic, what the hell happened? It was then I started to notice some oddities about this new place. A woman selling flowers looked like she had cat ears and a tail, and I could have sworn I saw a dwarf being thrown out of a building, that upon closer inspection appeared to be a bar. I backed into an alley and sank onto the dusty ground, feeling the urge to cry start to prickle behind my eyes. "This has to be some kind of Life on Mars shit," I said under my breath, and I wondered if I was about to hear David Bowie's dulcet voice start singing in the background.

After some time, I got up, wiped off my face and decided to find out exactly what the hell had happened to me.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-05-2011, 04:06 PM

I has seen this, it interested me very much, but now this means I might have to draw myself another picture for appearance =3= [has lots of time at the moment xD]
This is really catching my eye, and, I feel stupid to ask, what's a humanoid?

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2011, 04:42 PM

I believe there's no such thing as a stupid question! A humanoid is someone that LOOKS human, but isn't, such as an elf. I think, anyway, lol! If someone else can explain it better, feel free.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 03-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Name: Makoto Daishi
Race: Phoenix
Personailty: Quiet, caring, very diffcult to anger. He tends to keep to himself as much as he can.
Dislikes: Murderers, death, hunters, people with cold hearts.
Power(s): Able to go between the form of a phoenix and human, only when in phoenix form is able to create fire in anyway. He also doesn’t need to go into a complete phoenix if he wishes. For example: he can make his arms seperately change into the wings of a phoenix or only his legs or even his head into the head of a phoenix.
Weapon(s): He always carries two small daggers in small pockets of his boots. He only tends to use them if he notices how the surrounding area would be in danger if he uses his phoenix form.
Bio: Makoto was born more rather in the form of a phoenix bird, than the human form. This was due to the fact that both his parents were full breeded phoenixes as well. The reason they looked like humans when they gave birth to Makoto was because they were able to fully control their power. Without realizing though, when he was born; Makoto also received a strange illness that nobody knew about; not even his parents or the doctors. The good news was that the illness wouldn’t take affect until he was older. So throughout his entire childhood and teenage years, his father had trained him to control the phoenix power and help him be able to go into a human form just like his parents. The risky part of this was that whenever he would train, this would mean he had to let the phoenix side of his body take complete control. Everytime he did that, the phoenix would always overpower Makoto from within killing him and reborning him through his ashes. The side affect of all this was that everytime he would get reborn through the ashes, his illness would become even worst causing his lifespan to shorten even faster. After several years, on Makoto’s 19th birthday; he was already able to control the phoenix within him, so he was able to stay In his human form along with changing into his phoenix form whenever he wanted. That wasn’t all though, also on his 19th birthday, bounty hunters had come to his home; destroying the entire place. This hunters had found out about his family being phoenixes, and they had thought that killing the entire family and taking their blood would also make them immortal. Makoto’s parents did whatever was needed to protect their only son as they told him to run away on that very day. It was diffcult for him to accept it, but he knew that if he were to stay; it wouldn’t have changed anything. Doing as he was told, he ran away from his own home, knowing his parents died that day. Ever since then, he had been venturing on his own, completely unaware about everything.
Appearance:
Human

Phoenix

I had already had this character ready for any super natural rp so it was easy for me to get started ^^;

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 PM

oohhh.......=3= what kind of humanoid..... scorpions would be cool ~0w0~ are we allowed to have more than one character?
[Thinking of making twins~] either that or i'll just make a guy =w=
I like your character Happy, so jealous of your character >D

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2011, 05:24 PM

Sure! Two characters would be great, and I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE the idea of a scorpion person!!

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-05-2011, 05:26 PM

Scorpions, now how to draw a scorpion tail...... =w= I'm just gonna guess xD first, I must eat pizza!~

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2011, 06:04 PM

Name: Cassidy Frank
Looks: Chesnut brown hair in an inverse bob cut, about 160 lbs, five feet nine inches tall, blue eyes. She has an athletic build and is slightly muscular. Has a few scars as well as stretch marks from her son, so almost never wears revealing clothes. Slightly tan, and she is usually wearing leather armor.
Personality: She doesn't like to get emotionally involved with people due to a failed marriage and suddenly being ripped from her world and away from her son, but she's passionate and caring, and very protective.
Race: Human
Powers: Magic, she's very much like a warmage
Weapons: Short sword and daggers.
Bio: She's been travelling all over since her arrival four years ago in what she likes to think of as Otherworld, and learning about her new abilities. Along the way she's been taught how to use her weapons as well as blend in with the natives. She works on learning magicas hard as she can, fearing it could be her only hope of returning home. Although she's conflicted, loving her temporary home and feeling like this is were she's meant to be, but she misses her son more than anything.

Last edited by Squeegepooge; 03-05-2011 at 08:20 PM..

puppetmaster999
DM Extrodinaire

Old 03-06-2011, 02:16 AM

Name: Dimitri
World: Other
Race: Soul Weaver
Powers: SoulBinding- he's able to attach a soul to an object, giving that person immortality at the price of having to haunt that objects forever. Occasionally a odd occurrence happens that allows the person to leave the object and wader
SoulWeaving: He is able to take pieces of his own soul to "stitch together" other's souls effectively healing the persons body.
SoulReading: He can tell the guilty or innocence of a person. Occasionally he attacks the guilty and kill them but he is fighting to control this.
Weapons: Claws, bound to his hands, disappear when not being used
Personality: Quiet, Reserved, and simple.
Looks:
He normally wears a lot of dark clothes. His clothing is almost always rugged and has some form of armor on it (normally on the shoulders or arms). He has white hair with silver highlights. His is very skinny and has very little coloration to his skin. The Tattoo on his chest is a symbol of Soul weavers.
Bio: Born hundreds of years ago... died at 17... with amnesia... has been "undead" for 5 years but hasn't age. He does not know if he is immortal or not but he can take on a lot more than a normal human.

Last edited by puppetmaster999; 03-07-2011 at 01:20 AM..

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-06-2011, 04:56 AM

I'm not so sure about your character, puppet, it seems kind of sci fi, and you didn't say if you were from Earth or the Otherworld.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2011, 08:12 PM

>D Close to being done with the appearances *Cheers like an idiot*
Let seeee here~

Name: Chika Mangosteen
Personality: He's calmer, well, most of the time. Usually he's trying to keep Chiki under control. Even if he was older, his maturity is about the same as his twin sister's. He can keep a conversation with out having a massive mood swing. A napping cat, you would call him. He has a tendency to sleep a lot, with meant Chiki sometimes would carry him around. Chika, is actually a girls name, and by his looks, you would think he's a girl. Tell that to him and you will surely get stung. He's a bit over protective, probably because they were from earth and he was often flirted with as a child. [They thought Chika was the girl and Chiki was the guy.] There were many unusual scorpion stings that day.
Race: Human/Scorpion
Powers: Poison control [Immune to some extent.] His other eye is also cursed, so he has a dark alter ego, the alter Chika can teleport very quickly. [real Chika has no idea of this.]
Weapons: His tail.
Bio: He was originally from Earth, part of a family which consisted of 3 other older brothers, Chika, and Chiki. After his scorpion side kicked in, after a few weeks of unknown scorpion stings, Chika awoke from his nap and found himself in the Otherworld. He was freaked out at first, but then there were people who had "mutations" just like he did. He fit right in. But he was a half scorpion, and not too many of those would pass by. So people told him to do tricks, and he did. Demonstrating tricks he would show to Chiki with his tail. He became a hit. After a few weeks, he was in his daily show when he spotted Chiki in the crowd. Running over to her, he was happy, since, he wasn't alone in the Other world anymore. They became the Scorpion twins, and would travel every month to a new location.
Chika was happy, but he does wish to go home at certain times.

Looks!~

Name: Chiki Mangosteen
Personality: She's ditzy, cute, and kind of a dumb person. One thing is, she is a real hard worker. Whatever the task, she'll work to the best of her ability, if you give her an orange in return...
Chiki's strange, she can have extreme mood swings, and by mood swings, when she has a change in mood, her tail actually SWINGS. Every expression you can think of, it goes into a literal sense with her. She's a childish for her age, a very close to being adult, but she does know how to fix things, and how to survive on her own thanks to her brothers.
Race: Scorpion? [She's actually not so sure herself....]
Powers: Poison control [Immune to some extent.] She can swing on trees with her tail as well.
Weapons: Her scorpion tail, and a wrench.
Bio: She was originally from Earth, part of a family which consisted of 3 other older brothers, Chika, and Chiki. After her scorpion side kicked in, she wasn't allowed to go outside, in fear that she may be caught and sent away. When Chika disappeared Chiki was devastated. She wouldn't eat, sleep, or yell out. So her older brothers got worried. 3 weeks after Chika's disappearance, Chiki also woke up in the Otherworld. She followed her nose, and went to the nearest town, where she saw Chika displaying his tricks. Excited, she watched also. Then, Chika got to her, and afterwards, they would be the Scorpion twins, toxic, but entertaining. Chiki actually loves it in the Otherworld, although Chika wants to leave, Chiki's stubborn mind has her set on staying.

Last edited by Sezumie; 03-06-2011 at 08:27 PM..

puppetmaster999
DM Extrodinaire

Old 03-07-2011, 12:45 AM

I will edit my charecter a bit. but just so u kno... I made up the codebreaker race to fit into a fantasy setting... anyway I'll edit my post with a different charry.

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-07-2011, 01:44 AM

I like your soul weaver idea, puppet, and yours, sezumi! Maybe one of your characters ancestors could be from other world? As soon as I can get on the computer (since rift came out, my dad has barely gotten off the computer) I'll post the rp. But people are MORE THAN welcome to still sign up.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-07-2011, 01:49 AM

Yes, that was what I intended, I got lazy on the bio since I was working too hard on the appearance, so it's probably a few generations back I suppose? But teh twins are more or less a gag to the rp xD they will probably be of more importance, but Chikis mood swings sure bring that down quite a bit!

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-09-2011, 09:25 AM

Otherworld The roleplay is up people!! :)

Here's the OOC thread: Otherworld OOC

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 03-09-2011, 01:03 PM

Sounds neat.

Squeegepooge
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-10-2011, 02:51 AM

Just so everyone knows, the roleplay is good to go.

Amberoga
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-23-2011, 05:49 PM

Name: Viori Mizara
Race: Angelic Elf
Personality: appear calm, doesn’t get too close to people…
Power: magic; healing, barrier
Weapons: long sword, and tween blade guns
Bio: Traveling where ever information on a pasted with this world can be found, and training her new abilities in any way she can sense the day she found herself in this world.
Looks: short raven black hair, blue green eyes, 95 lbs., 5 feet 2 inches in height, athletic build, light peach skin, pointed ears. Weirs lather armor with some plat mill.