Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 10-30-2008, 06:18 PM

lol I hate my small town. </3 It's...so dull!

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 10-30-2008, 07:28 PM

hehe ours is dull too but no one uses their head here! People never shop at second hand stores or good wills etc they think the best deal is ALWAYS at walmart... When if you really compare prices that is only true some of the time!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 PM

lol it's rarely true here. our wal mart is super over priced. -_-
We buy our groceries at farm fresh, and save about 10% compared to wal mart, and yet the cashiers at farm fresh always comment on how they do their shopping at wal mart! I think wal mart just has people brain washed into believing that they have the lowest prices on everything. $15 for my favorite laundry detergent? I don't think so, I can get it for $10 elsewhere!

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 10-30-2008, 11:00 PM

ENTRY 1 of 4 ^.^ The others require either an oven or actual preparation (grating, mixing and such) so I will have to get those in later! ^.^

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
Username: Jaz
category: Desserts
creation name: Mommy's Psychedelic Marshmallow Mummies!
link: the magic LINKIE!

Oh and as if it REALLY matters Here's some proof that they are delicious!

The first taste

The critics opinion!

O.o does this mean I am the first entry???

Last edited by Jaz; 10-30-2008 at 11:02 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-30-2008, 11:37 PM

You are the first entry! and it's totally adorable. <33

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 10-30-2008, 11:41 PM

I had to go back and look at the deadline but I think I will be ok. I'm going to a little halloween party tomorrow night and have an idea on what I'm making and what it will be called. *crossing fingers*

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 10-30-2008, 11:51 PM

Why thank you! I have one for each area and one that I am not too sure where to put it >.< our whole meal is halloweeny tonight ^.^ That last one was Mikes snack (not all of them of course LOL!) we are working on the two that require the oven now I had to recruit Dillon for them because we are switching off taking care of the boys and cooking...

EDIT: We finished 2 of the items! YAY... The third I will submit tomorrow as I am exhausted now ^.^ so here they are

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
Username:Jaz
category: Main dish
creation name: {Monterrey} Jack-o-Lantern
link:Yummy Pumpkin Face!!!

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
category: Dessert
creation name: "Snow White's Poison Apple" (I was going to make Medusa Apples but my worms kept escaping T.T)
link:Top view note the wormy!

side view the wormy is hard to see in this one T.T

Last edited by Jaz; 10-31-2008 at 03:55 AM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-31-2008, 09:31 AM

those are cute jaz. <3

I'll go update the first page. xD

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 PM

Haha I even broke out my good china for these ^.^ Seriously those were presented on my china plates... Too bad I don't have nice cook wear... The pumpkin face was way too big to put on a plate (even one one my lame early 60's plates from my grandmother with the burnt yellow flowers >.> ) And it was still hot when I took the picture so I could serve it right after So you get to see my gas stove as a background rather then what I wanted (I was going to put it on the table but the table cloth is vinyl so it would have melted... I think the face turned out good though I was really happy with it because it looked better then the one in the picture XP

EDIT:
Did you consider the apple a side dish? Tei (er Dillon) and I debated over that last night because it is a pretty healthy dish... I said side he said dessert... I do have a side dish I will be entering today but it is totally up to you where you want to categorize that one ^.^

Last edited by Jaz; 10-31-2008 at 04:48 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-31-2008, 06:12 PM

It looked like it was more of a dessert since it was spiced and such. Sort of how a caramel apple is dessert ya know?
I figured it was glazed in sugar and cinnamon... >.> I guess it all depends on what the glaze on it is! just let me know and I'll decide from there.

So I finally made my cupcakes...but only got to take pictures of my spiders. We were in such a rush to get going that my pretty grave yard and pumpkins had to be rushed, sprinkled and out the door, and then gobbled down by coasties with a sweet tooth!
On the plus side, they loved them and I got a lot of pictures of my kids being cute. <3 I'm totally looking forward to trick or treating tonight. Even met the people we are going with. They're super sweet...and I'm hoping to become good friends with the Mom. She's a doll. <3 *happiness*
Haven't decided on dinner tonight yet... will have to come up with something soon though! xD

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 10-31-2008, 06:45 PM

I would agree it's a dessert Mel. I will have my pic later this evening.

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 10-31-2008, 06:53 PM

(you have it as a side dish and I entered as a dessert) It has a cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and nutmeg as a melted topping ^.^ but it is cored (from the blossom end since so you can still see the stem!) and stuffed with raisins and pecans! I think I'll just leave it where it is so you don't have to mess with stuff too much ^_^ I should probably finish my last entry! It isn't hard I think I am just being lazy today >.<

Last edited by Jaz; 10-31-2008 at 06:56 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 10-31-2008, 07:00 PM

Roo- awesome! xD

Jaz- did I? That's what happens when I update entries at 4 am. I lose track of what I'm doing. xD sorry. ^^;;

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 10-31-2008, 07:07 PM

LOL I understand...

My final dish!

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
category: Side Dishes
creation name: Bat Wing Coleslaw
link:Mr. Bat himself!

It is more or less the colors that matter in this one! Purple, Black, Orange... It does have pumpkin seeds though! But as I was making it I realized how much the cabbage looked like a bats wing (hence the name!) So I attempted to make the whole dish look like a bat!

Last edited by Jaz; 10-31-2008 at 09:05 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2008, 01:04 AM

Ya know Jaz, if more people don't get their entries in you are automatically awarded first place in all categories. xD

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 11-01-2008, 02:49 AM

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
roocee
category:Main Dishes
creation name:Fright Night Chili
link:

Edit: If you can fix it Mel so the pic doesn't show. I can't seem to remember how.

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 11-01-2008, 05:13 AM

Grar... I tried helping but it showed up as a link I am sorry (even put it as a code T.T

It is adorable Roo!

Black Kat
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2008, 07:01 AM

Oh my god o.o I just realized that I didn't include my username in any of the pics *dies* I was in such a rush to cook and take them that I completely forgot that part! xDDD I'll have to do re-shoots I guess :P but not now x.x so tired. We can enter until the end of today right?

It was fun and made the day more interesting :)

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2008, 12:25 PM

yup you can enter until the end of today. xD

Roo- that's so cute! xD *goes to put it up*

Black Kat
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2008, 08:08 PM

Sweet! I'm entering ^^ It was all pretty easy stuff to make and kinda sucks xD but still fun :P mealtime

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
Username: Black Kat
category: Side Dishes/Appetizers
creation name: Rotten Eggs
link:
Mmmm green

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
category: Main Dishes
creation name: Bloody Guts Pasta
link:
can I get maggot cheese on mine

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
creation name: Candy Apple Mouse
link:
ran out of toothpicks xD / toothpick!

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
creation name: Iced pumpkin? xD
link:
left item!

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
category: ?? o.O
creation name: Muddy Water Liquor
link:
right item! / it looks better here
note: I recreated the liquor with coffee so it melted the chocolate xP

hehe Everyone's creations looks neat ^^

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 11-01-2008, 09:27 PM

If I had more time, I would have entered something, Melody. Unfortunately, this has been a very busy week for me. The entries you have received are pretty cool, though. I love the candy apple mice and the marshmallow mummies. The batwing coleslaw is pretty awesome looking too, hehe.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2008, 10:19 PM

Those are really cute black cat! I'd have never thought of cutting the apple to make it look like a mouse! ^0^
Oh! I added the muddy water liquor thing to desserts since you said it had chocolate. xD I should have had an entry for drinks. I'll try to remember that for next year. :lol:

Fiz- it's ok. <3 I've had a really busy week too. I don't think I've managed to get anything done for the other contests I wanted to enter. ^^;;

Last edited by Melody; 11-01-2008 at 11:02 PM..

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-01-2008, 10:32 PM

The contests end tonight? x.x I never had a chance to do stuff. XD My life is too busy. </3

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2008, 10:57 PM

I'm actually thinking of extending it a day or so since the event didn't start when it should have... and we have a lack of entries. xD
I don't think there is enough even to have a first second and third place in all the categories! D:

Psychominako
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2008, 11:25 PM

MUMMY I MADE MONSTERS!
Username: Shadowfflur
category: dessert
creation name: spooky brownies
link:

So yeah, not the most creative thing, but I did have to hand mix all the colors from white frosting. Plus fight off a hungry hubby who snagged one of the bats wings when I wasn't looking. *grumbles* And even though taste doesn't matter, he wanted to make sure everyone knew "They're DEELISHIOUS!!" Per him. :P