Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-14-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
Me too. That's why I haven't pinged her or asked her to take a look at my shirt. I don't want to add to what she's got to do as it is.
I try not to ping her unless I'm close to done with something and need her opinion on the final say or if it's done done. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoscout View Post
Yeah I do too. Even though I pinged her in the discussion thread, I don't expect her to respond right away.
Especially after her being gone for Easter - she's got so much to do D:

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post

Especially after her being gone for Easter - she's got so much to do D:
Mhm it's too bad it seems like she's the only one on the staff who haswork with this section. I do know for a fact that the other mods get preoccupied with their designated forum sections too, though. ^^;

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 04-14-2012, 09:13 PM

All of the staff has been busy little bees.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 PM

I think it's just an extra work she picked up to help the site. She took it on knowing it would be added work but she believes in us and that's why she does it :D She's the one to go to about pixels anyway - her and CK do some pixelling of items when Wishie can't.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:29 PM

Yeah I didn't even know that Jelly pixeled until you said that she does the re-colors! I thought it was only Wishie and...someone else. I forgot the user's name. ^^;

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 PM

Wishie does the bulk of the work - she does all the EIs and stuff. But you know all the items from Winter Event? All the EIS were by wishie but the commons were by Jelly and CK. Jelly also did most of the items in the ST. Patty's Day bag...I'm not sure what she did for the Easter event. But I'm pretty sure they said Ikuto has done a couple items for St Pattys and Easter as well just to help out :D

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-18-2012, 04:36 PM

I see I see! :O
Well that's good to know miss Ivy. ;P

Edit:

Okay I finished SOME things and am working on a sort of dress thingie. :lol:
First off, I thought of a corsage.

Then I thought of a version of it that would have a spiraling vine going up the arm.

The dress is still in progress and will probably be a while before I finish it. Mina's red dress inspired me to go bigger than little accessories or single shirt.

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 04-18-2012 at 09:28 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-18-2012, 06:22 PM

The flower corsage with the vine going up the arm - I would use that ALL the time - I love it!!!!

As for the dress:
I like what you have so far!!

I don't think you need the extra lines where you are showing the fold after it goes past the hip - how it's double lined there....I know why you did that - but you could also show that in folding - keep it there but maybe use shade 4 for it and let it blend more with the shading than be extra lines....does that make sense?

I think the top of the avvie - the avvies left...looks a bit off to me....and i"m not sure what do do to fix it.

I'm think that either the line where it comes from the boob to the shoulder could come in one pixel....OR change the shape of the line from this: "(" to this: ")"

oh man - am I making any sense?

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-18-2012, 06:33 PM

I....sort of get what you mean! xD hold on let me redline to see what you maybe mean.

Did you mean either of these two? xD
The first one is just me flipping the arc and the second one is just me moving the line over one pixel.

As for the extra line that comes down on both sides, I plan on lightening up the line as I shade so it will blend better. ^^

I'm glad you like my bracelet enough to want to wear it!

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 04-18-2012 at 06:36 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-18-2012, 06:41 PM

Yeah that's what i meant for both - but looking at your red lines i like just inverting the line best....it just looks like it lays more naturally to me that way - but please...if you disagree just tell me and I'm okay with that as well!! I don't want to take over YOUR vision :)

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 PM

No no you aren't making me do anything I didn't want to do! I like both ways too, really, but I already decided on the first option. I think if it were angled more, the second option would look better. Thanks for your input! ^^

----------

Here's where I'm at now. I need a break. xD

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-18-2012, 08:01 PM

Oh, that's a pretty top, Demo!
I'd like to wear it right now!

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 PM

Aww well thank you! It's not quite done yet. I would continue working on it, but my eyes still need a break from staring at it at 600x its normal size. xD
I know for sure I especially still need to work on the shading of the folds. Folds in fabric can get so complicated sometimes. :gonk:

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-18-2012, 08:31 PM

There's a reason why I'm not a pixelist....
I just couldn't get that shading down right.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-18-2012, 08:39 PM

I only have minimal experience in shading things like folds in cloth on paper so in transferring what I know from pencil to pixeling, my lack of experience shows from time to time. I have the most trouble shading really foldy things like the bottom half of this top. xD

----------

Edit:
I worked a little more on the shading of the bottom half. I think I like how this version looks more than the last screenshot.

----------

I feel pretty happy with this top now. I feel as though I'm finished with it, but if anyone has any suggestions I am open to them.

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 04-18-2012 at 09:48 PM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-20-2012, 03:32 AM

Here is the latest addition to my group of pixels. The head ribbon I made gave me the idea for this chest ribbon.

jellysundae: Hey you! I was wondering if I could get some expert advice from ya. Ya know, just take a gander at what I've got at tell me what works and at the same time tell me what needs more work. I know you're a busy bee, so come on over when time permits it! ^^

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 04-20-2012, 03:39 AM

Love the top, Demo! I also like that first ribbon over the second one.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-20-2012, 03:43 AM

Oh yeah? Well thanks!
I admit that the second ribbon isn't quite as cute as the one the female is wearing, but I wanted to differentiate a little with the genders. I was going for kind of cutesy lolita with the female version and a kind of cutesy sailor boy with the male version. We'll see what happens whether or not I want to just make it the same for both. xD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 AM

The ribbons are cute!

and I like the progression with your shirt - the shading looks so much more natural in the latest version than in the first couple versions :D

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:15 AM

...I quite like Demomo's style.
My preferred style. XD
Keep going~

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-20-2012, 11:38 AM

That top is very pretty! Nothing immediately jumps out at me as "omg, that bit needs editing!"

With the bows, I like the loops of the first one, and the tails of the second one xD The loops of the second one look kind of sad, like a dejected bunny :c emo loops :O That straight diagonal line on each of them is too long :yes:

The tails on the first one seem a smidge too fat, though trimming their width down will make them too thin, so it's not that xD They just seem too bulky in comparison to the size of the bow.

Was this bow originally meant to be for the centre of the head?

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
That top is very pretty! Nothing immediately jumps out at me as "omg, that bit needs editing!"

With the bows, I like the loops of the first one, and the tails of the second one xD The loops of the second one look kind of sad, like a dejected bunny :c emo loops :O That straight diagonal line on each of them is too long :yes:

The tails on the first one seem a smidge too fat, though trimming their width down will make them too thin, so it's not that xD They just seem too bulky in comparison to the size of the bow.

Was this bow originally meant to be for the center of the head?
Ahh I can see the kind of sadness int he way the second ribbon lays down. I think that the smaller tail on the female's bow is just a little too fat which throws it off a little. I can try editing that and seeing how it looks. These bows were meant to go on the chest as an accessory. I might even take it a step further and add sailor straps to them.
Kind of like this

Or like how the Sailor scouts have

I have some floral bows that are meant to be head accessories.
Thanks for your input Jelly! :hug:
If I desire advice from ya again I'll give ya a ping, but I'll keep it to an "every once in a while" thing. :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
...I quite like Demomo's style.
My preferred style. XD
Keep going~
Well thanks! I'm happy to hear it. I'm motivated to pixel something new now! I still wanna try making a yan bag to go with Mina's yan shirt, but that's still in the beta stages! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
The ribbons are cute!

and I like the progression with your shirt - the shading looks so much more natural in the latest version than in the first couple versions :D
Thank you! Also, yes I agree. I am happy that I wasn't content when I almost was. I knew that SOMETHING was off with the shading, yet I couldn't place my finger on it. Getting up and away from the computer, doing something else, and then coming back to the dress worked wonders. xD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:14 PM

aww... I miss that Sailor Scout... <33
When I say style, I actually mean the design/style/fashion of the clothes.XD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-20-2012, 06:12 PM

-grabs at order items- Oooo so pretty. I want!

Will there be a skirt part to the dress? Or do we get to wear other things underneath it?

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 04-20-2012, 06:13 PM

Haha thanks again, then! xD
I kinda figured I didn't have my own style of pixeling since I'm trying to make the items seem like something one would find on here. It's hard to pick at Wishie's brain, though. xD
I'm happy you like my sense of fashion.

By the way, I edited the bows and made them look more sailor-esque.
I THINK I'm satisfied with them. haha These make me wanna pixel some over-sized puff hats to match them!

---------- Post added 04-20-2012 at 11:15 AM ----------

@Shadami:
Well the dress-top was really just something to test myself. I think it's a wee bit fancy for the newbie shop, but, hypothetically, I think a skirt would be best suited to go with it. :)

---------- Post added 04-20-2012 at 11:17 AM ----------

Edit: Oh wait, I see something wrong with the male version. *flitters off to fix*

---------- Post added 04-20-2012 at 11:26 AM ----------

Okay, I'm happier with it now.

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 04-20-2012 at 06:16 PM..