(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 AM

That..... No words. D:

SilverPhoenyx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 AM

One year, my ex's mom got us toilet paper.

---------- Post added 12-26-2012 at 05:13 AM ----------

This year, I didn't get anything.

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 12-26-2012, 02:59 PM

I got a pair of shoes, €10- and of course the Christmas-boxes of my work...
I think the worst of all was that €10, my nan could atleast given me a sweater or something...I dislike getting money, I'd rather have giftcards for a specified shop or anything like that.
But it's all in the spirit of giving. So I shan't complain about it.

Fable
OH LEO~

Old 12-26-2012, 04:25 PM

Last year my dad actually bought me Dr.Suess footy pajamas. That same year, my grandma got me leopard print footies. My dad also bought me a snuggie with cupcakes all over it.

Now if you like things like this, that might seem pretty rad to get for Christmas. But I don't use any of them, and it was a little awkward opening up those leopard prints in front of my entire family.

Stellar Delusion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2012, 10:08 PM

I have a mini-tradition with most of my friends - we try and find each other something very practical...but very ridiculous.

I've received giant stuffed animals for use as pillows as a grown-ass adult man, and I love it.

I've given and received a lot of bad-good gifts...it's hard to say which one is the most ridiculous.

Hell, I've gotten socks. Just socks. But they were warm fuzzy nice ones and I like them a lot.

The only really bad ones I've gotten are from distant family that don't know me very well...or my grandmother on my father's side. She's just the stereotypical out-of-touch little old lady of the family. I really do appreciate the sentiment that goes into everything she sends, don't get me wrong. I still enjoy opening the things she sends...but that's largely because it's so damned funny to see how utterly unnecessary it all is.

She actually sent a velvet Elvis one year.

When I was 4, she sent me a dollhouse. Which really doesn't bother me except I really had no interest in a dollhouse (though I wouldn't have minded an Easy-Bake oven...SOMEONE in the family had to learn to cook and I didn't want to be That Guy who sets off the smoke alarms every other day as an adult). But I did have some unexpected fun with it; one of my cousins loved it and she made just about everything fun.

Now that I'm an adult she mostly sends weird little trinkets with some kind of religious sentiment...which is awkward because we're both atheists.

I'm starting to wonder if she hasn't figured out that she's terrible at giving gifts and now just does this for the laughs.