jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-29-2012, 03:36 AM

Personal stuff like birthdays, and random gift giving, I love it!

Hence what I've just spent for my sister's 30th birthday on January 4th

Because I really like buying gifts because I want to, but I hate having to buy because it's what the world has decided I should do at certain times of the year.

Am I weird and the only one who feels like this? Does everyone else love Christmas shopping

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 12-29-2012, 03:38 AM

I feel the same way. Too much pressure, you know?

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 12-29-2012, 06:05 AM

I didn't really do any Christmas shopping. So many people have lost the meaning of the holiday.
This year my husband & I decided to make stuff. We spent the better part of 2 weekends making cookies, cupcakes, breads, brownies, gingerbread men, assorted desserts & cheese balls. Then packaged up different stuff & started delivering. We gave stuff to the people working at the gas stations & mechanic shops we always go to, then the local barber (which my husband goes to) & then to a few neighbors. We only bought a few gift cards to a local restaurant & some blueberry bushes from a local grower. We wanted to do stuff because we felt like it not because of being pressured into doing stuff.
I guess the closest I came to Christmas shopping was getting bakery/treat bags & boxes to put stuff in. It felt nice to make stuff & not get caught up in all the rush & craziness of Christmas shopping.
I hope next year I will have some time off of work before the holiday so that we can do this again.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-29-2012, 06:46 AM

hope your sisters birthday is a happy one!t
nice shoppe!
my car has been ill so i did some shopping online for a few friends.
got some dark chocolate and sea salt caramel covered apples for my mechanic.
i give them to him every year,i give him so much money i feel like he's my adopted father.
the apples don't get me any price breaks,sadly,but he looks for me each year like a little kid waiting for santa!
i gave a few giftcards and felt like i didn't even try,but at least i know they will get what they want from their favorite stores.
my Tia's usually have a crazy baking weekend and i miss doing that and they knit/sew/crochette things for family and friends.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 12-29-2012, 06:53 AM

Easy solution: Gift Cards. No muss, no fuss.

I like spending my money when I want to... so, I bought the majority of my gifts for Christmas back in October, right after I came home from New York Comic Con! My wallet has yet to cease its screaming. ::kicks it::

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Maybe it's because I have a strict limit on each person.

I think I'll try to learn how to knit and make blankets for everyone!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-29-2012, 06:54 AM

how was the con?
blankets would be a welcome gift.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 12-30-2012, 01:12 AM

I asked people not to get me gifts. My tastes are elusive, I don't want people just spending money on 'stuff' just because they need to throw things at me.

The Real Nikki
One more time to Pretend.
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki

Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 AM

I shop all year round and tend to save it until their birthday/anniversary/Christmas. Unless it's super amazing and they need it at that moment.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 AM

I'm the same way. I even told my bf just to give me cash since no than likely that's what he's getting. XD

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 AM

i tend to like christmas shopping for people becasue i just love the hodiday season but i do hate shopping.. every year i never have them oney so i always feel horrible i can't get people something.. and if i thought they would of done it and i had thought of it at the time i would of made my family take my gift back.. they had no food until christmas day when they cooked everythign they'd bought for the day.. i was horrified.. i mean really.. i know im out of food but thats well becasue i christmas shopped 'flushes'

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 AM

lol. That is why I like my Chinese New Year.

Cash instead of gifts.
XD No wonder it is Chinese.

Miscreant74
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2012, 02:16 PM

Too many people go crazy with the shopping.
Practical gifts are best or books.
First Christmas after getting married gave Damia a coleman stove, & extra fuel & sleeping bags.
Great anytime the power goes out.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 PM

I sometimes think that gift cards aren't personal enough. Then again, I only shop for my family(Mother, father, brother, and close friend. Last one is a maybe.) Gift cards are for people that you on't know what to get, and thus, let them pick it out.

I like personalizing things. I gave out a few cookies we made for friends and stuff. <3 But, bought my family some stuff.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 12-31-2012, 01:21 AM

I love buying gifts for my friends and family, but I hate buying for my stepdad. What the heck do you get a step dad? He's not into anything. He doesn't game, he doesn't build cars, he doesn't do what other stereotypical dads do. I always have issues buying for him XD I hate just buying chocolates or smellies for anyone though, it's such a "I couldn't think of anything, so here's your present." Kinda thing.

Avalei
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 AM

I dont mind the shopping what I dont like is the crowds and traffic. Thats why if I go shopping I try to knock it all out in one day. Thankfully I dont have that many people to shop for. My mom dad brother sister in law and two nephews.

Stardragon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 AM

I don't mind shopping just hate the squalling kids.