Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
My father, Dr. Zhicheng Hu, is an award-winning Chinese-American engineer whose work focuses on automobile emission control; he is listed as an inventor of 48 US, European and World patents. In November 2008, the Tianjin Police detained him while he was on a business trip to China after a competitor in Dagang-District, Tianjin, China accused him of “stealing technology.” In April 2010, Tianjin City Prosecutor’s office and Tianjin Court jointly withdrew the case against him and my father was freed without charge after 17 months of detention. Despite this, Tianjin Police has continued the border control that prevents him from coming home to the United States without giving any reason. My father has been separated from our family for almost three years due to this incident; he recently underwent major surgery to fix an injury that he sustained during his detention.

I was sixteen when we first learned of my father’s detainment. My world has changed a lot since then. My younger brother has been forced to grow up without a father for the past three years. My mother spent all of her energy trying to bring my father home and the stress has had a devastating effect on her health. We have tried many options, to no avail. Please, sign the petition and help us convince the Tianjin city government to lift the border control and let my father come home! Thank you!
THE STORY.
THE PETITION.
THE FACEBOOK PAGE.

I think this family deserves to be reunited. Spread the word! This is a very touching cause. :c

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 10-26-2011, 07:02 PM

A little hesitant at first, but signed~

I just hope there's not some deep dark secret to this. > A>;;

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 10-27-2011, 12:57 AM

You know, Ikuto, I hate to be a doomsayer but from what I understand, they're keeping him there for political reasons. I don't see anything about a dissident, but who knows? Not saying he really could be a dissiden't though. Sounds like false accusations to me.

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 10-27-2011, 01:44 AM

Meh. I'm sceptical.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 10-27-2011, 01:53 AM

-shrug- If my "signature" may get him out of there (assuming he hasn't done anything actually harmful) then it's something I can spare.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 AM

Those who have signed it, thank you.

Those who don't really believe in it, I apologize. Perhaps I did not provide adequate information for it to seem legitimate. I'm now going to link two articles about the ordeal, and hopefully this will help ease the skepticism.

[Associated Press article via Yahoo News]
[Associated Press via Bloomberg Businessweek]