Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 03:04 AM

"I guess we should. There has to be someone around her somewhere." Jack said. "the receptionist is probably snogging the bag boy in the broom closet. Look that says employees only." Jack motioned towards a doorway on the otherside of the lobby from the desk "Lets try though there." He made is way over to the door, pausing by the entrance to wait for Jill.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 03:07 AM

"Maybe we should follow their example," Jill joked, poking Jack's shoulder. "I dunno, what if they don't like us trespassing and then refuse to rent us a room? That would suck..." she said, unsure if Jack's plan was a good idea.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 03:11 AM

Jack say a broom closet off to the right of the employees only door and looked back at Jill with a suggestive look. "Not a bad idea..." He said winking. Jack walked over to Jill, grabbing her hands in his, "Well would you rather just wait here in the lobby, sit down on the floor and take a nap? What if no one finds us tilll morning? They could all be asleep like we should be doing now."

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 03:15 AM

Jill laughed and gave Jack's tush a playful slap. "Maybe we can walk around and see if any of the rooms are open? We could make due with those crappy chocolate rations for tonight and come down to pay for the room in the morning?" It seemed like a feasible plan to her at least...

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 03:19 AM

"Ooo!" Jack exclaimed playfully. "I suppose that's a good idea. I'd rather take a room and apologize for it later than hunt around for an employee where I'm not supposed to. Better than staying in the lobby all night too" Jack started towards the staircases with his arm around Jill. "seems like the rooms would be up this way don't you think?"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 03:26 AM

"Alright, sounds like a plan!" Jill exclaimed, leaning into Jack as they walked towards the staircase. "Seems as good a place to start as any," she exclaimed. Jill paused to sit down on the bottom of the staircase to remove her boots. "Aaah, that's so much better," she said, rubbing her the heel of her foot with her hand. She tied the laces together and threw the shoes over her shoulder for safe keeping. "Okay, ready!" she said, taking Jack's hand and leading the way up the staircase.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 03:35 AM

"If you didn't look so good in those shoes, I'd tell you to get rid of them." Jack mused at Jill, watching the display before him. "How about, we find a room, brake out the food cubes and I'll give you a quick foot massage before bed?" Jack offed as they mounted the stairs, Climbing from the lobby to the first floor. At the top of the stairs a large stained glass window offered a look out onto the forest below, behind the inn. The wind had really picked up since they got inside and large dollops of rain were beginning to splatter against the glass. Looking left and right, Jack saw two staircases reaching up to the second floor and, beyond those, long halls on either side with room doors towards the front of the inn and windows toward the back. "Well.. Left or Right?" He asked.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 03:41 AM

"Oh my god," Jill groaned, "That sounds AMAZING..." When they reached the top of the stairs, Jill noticed the rain splattering against the window. "Looks like we made it in the nick of time eh?" she commented before Jack drew her attention to the choice that they needed to make. "I don't know...Right?" she said noncommittally. Either direction seemed as good as the other since both hallways were deserted.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 03:46 AM

Jack nodded in agreement at her response. He was glad his shoes were more functional than hers for the trek they had gone on. Jack shivered a little, remembering back to the red eyes in the forest and the furry body he had run into in the dark. He took a quick glance behind him to reassure himself that nothing was back there. "Yeah for sure," Jack snapped out of his fearful memories, "I'm glad we didn't have to walk all that way in the rain!" He shivered thinking about being soaked in the same situation. "Right it is he said and made off in the direction Jill chose. Reaching the first door, Jack tried the knob carefully but it was locked. "Shoot, Locked..." He said moving on to the next door. It was locked too. "Do you want to split up and try both sides at the same time?"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 03:54 AM

Jill nodded, "That's for sure," she said, following Jack down the hallway to the right. She was quite relieved the be indoors where it was warm and dry. Even if they didn't manage to get a room and had to sleep on chairs in the lobby that would be better than wandering around in the rain at night, especially given the creepy things that had happened. Which reminded her, what was that wet thing that had brushed against her hand? Lifting her hand, she looked at the back of it and gasped when she saw a dried red smear on her skin, "Jack? What does this look like to you?" she asked, interrupting his question about splitting up.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 04:05 AM

"JILL! What happened? Are you alright??" Jack exclaimed when he saw the smear of sticky blood across the back of her hand. All thoughts of rooms or exploration left his mind. Grabbing her hand, Jack examined it closely but couldn't find any cut, scrape or wound on her skin. "Is this yours? I don't see an injury on your hand. Are you hurt somewhere else?" Jack started to look over the rest of Jill, opening her jacket and checking her shirt for signs of blood

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 04:10 AM

"I'm fine," Jill said, "It isn't mine... Back when we were outside, something brushed against me," she explained, shivering at the memory. "What do you think it was?" she asked. And then almost as if she didn't want to hear the answer kept on talking. "This place is creepy..." she said quietly, "We should be at home in bed already," she added sadly. The stress and fear of their extended night were obviously getting to her.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 04:18 AM

"I don't know," Jack replied, "I'm just glad it isn't yours! Hopefully whatever that thing was is long gone by now. It was probably some wolf or something that had just eaten. Once we get into a room, we'll wash it right off ok?" Jack said giving Jill a big hug, " Lets try another door and see if it opens alright? I know you'd rather be at home right now. I should have listened to you and just stayed in the car then gone out in the morning. But we are here now so lets make the best of it!" Jack finished by giving Jill a kiss. "I bet this door is open! I can feel it in my gut!" Jack reached behind him and checked the knob of the door they had moved infront of and it turned with a click, opening. "AH! Madam.. Your room awaits!" Jack bowed his head and opened the door leaning out of the way for Jill to enter.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 02:51 PM

Jill nodded absentmindedly at what Jack said. That made sense... Still, the though of a wolf brushing against her wasn't all that reassuring. She was lucky it hadn't tried to attack her... Either way, she would feel much better with the gore washed off of her skin as Jack said. Jill leaned her head on Jack's shoulder as he gave her a warm hug which was quite welcome at the moment followed by a sweet kiss. "Alright, let's have it," she said feeling a little bit better now. She watched as Jack to try the next door. "Ah!" she cried happily as the door sprang open to reveal a darkened room, "What luck!"

Jill entered the room first, looking around in the dim for a light switch. Finally she found one and switched it on to reveal a pleasant looking room. There was a large king size bed in the middle with various furnishings filling out the room. To her right was what she assumed was the bathroom. "It looks like we hit the jackpot!" she exclaimed excitedly. "Ill just go wash up and then we can get some rest..." Not waiting for Jack's response, Jill slipped into the bathroom, her spirits light. They would have a nice sleep and wake up in the morning feeling refreshed. The receptionist would help them call a tow truck and they'd be home before evening.

All of this ran through her head as she slipped her hand along the bathroom wall searching for the light switch. Her hand paused halfway up the wall when she encountered a sticky substance on the wallpaper. Perhaps the maid hadn't visited this room yet, she thought, slightly disgusted but not feeling particularly concerned as she was about to wash up anyway. Finally her fingers brushed against the plastic parturition of the light switch and she flicked it on. The breath wooshed out of her chest all at once as a gristly sight greeted her.

((Sorry so long! ^^;))

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 05:30 PM

Jack replied "we sure did! this is a nice room!" he watched Jill scamper off to the bathoom. "Oh ok then! I'll just be in here! Waiting till you get back!" Jack called after her. Not receiving a reply, Jack started exploring the room a bit. A larger wardrobe was opposite the bathroom and he decided to peak inside. Nothing particularly exciting was in there. Just a bunch of bathrobes. Jack pulled onw out, and threw it on the bed. "Jill I found a bathrobe you can use when you are done cleaning up!" He called to her. It looked as though she was still trying to find the light switch. Jack closed the door to the wardrobe without turning back to it and so faild to miss the streaks and smears of a dark liquid all across the back of the wardrobe and the pool at the bottom.

Jack turned to the bed next and started pulling down the coverlet and sheets, getting everything ready for a nice night of sleep. Or at least the last few hours of the night. Any sleep was better than no sleep at this point. Jack sat down and was about to start undoing his laces when he realized he didn't hear the water running in the bathroom. Looking over he saw jill standing stock-still in the doorway, the light inside framing her body. "Jill?" Jack asked getting up. He walked over to her putting a hand on her shoulder. "Is everything ok?" He turned to look at the bathroom and gasped.

---------- Post added 02-15-2016 at 09:30 AM ----------

((It's ok! XD))

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 06:45 PM

Jill nearly jumped out of her skin when Jack's hand came down on her shoulder. She let out a terrified squeal, her face as white as a sheet. Every inch of the bathroom was splattered with a sticky red substance that could only be blood, the walls...the floor...the shower...even a few drops were dripping down from the ceiling. It was clear that the markings were fresh. A pair of bloody hand prints streaked down the mirror and beside it a message written in blood read simply "help me". Sickened by the gore, Jill tried to back out of the room but couldn't move with Jack behind her.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 11:06 PM

Jack felt Jill bump into him as she tried to back out of the bathroom. Jack was almost too shocked to move but he started to back away with Jill. How did all that blood get there? What had to have happened in there to splater the blood over every surface wall and ceeling? Did a human body even have enough blood in it to cover that much of a room? Jack was feeling light headed and woozy. His thoughts felt foggy. Dimmly he was aware of exiting the room next to Jill and walking back down the hallway. He made it as far as the landing before he doubled over a nicely shaped vase resting on the floor and retched into it.

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 02-15-2016 at 11:48 PM..

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 11:41 PM

Jill's mind blanked in her panic. It was like the gears were turning in slow motion in her head. All she knew was that she needed to get away from that room. Pushing harder against Jack, the two of them backed out of the room and out into the empty hallway. Jill used the wall as a guide to keep herself standing as she walked mindlessly with Jack back towards the staircase. When Jack retched, Jill clamped her own hand over her mouth to try to keep the contents of her stomach down forgetting in her haste that her hand was covered in gore. She realized her mistake too late and let loose the contents of her stomach on the fancy carpet. When the heaving stopped, she frantically wiped at her face with her sleeve, doing her best to wipe the blood off of her face. No matter how much she wiped however, she still felt dirty imagining that vile substance on her body and her motions became more frantic until she was sobbing in her panic.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2016, 05:17 PM

Jack snapped out of his fog when he heard Jill sobbing and wipeing her face in a panic. There were some blood smears on her face transfered from her hand. "Jill.. JILL. Snap out of it. This is no time to freak out and panic! Lets go to the lobby, I think there was a bathroom there that we can use really quick and then we are gonna get the HELL out of this freaky place! I'd rather risk walking back to the car than staying here any longer than we have to!" Jack started tugging at Jill, guiding her down the stairs and to the lobby. "It's ok Jill, We'll get you cleaned up and then it will be like it never even happened! Just hang on a little longer ok?"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-16-2016, 07:12 PM

Jill could barely make out what Jack was saying. Something about the lobby and getting the hell out? Yes, that seemed like a good idea she thought as Jack guided her down the stairs toward the lobby, her sobs slowly faded to snuffles as they walked. The sound of the rain pelting against the window drew her attention. “It’s raining…” she said slowly, as if only noticing it for the first time. Looking down at her hands she noticed that she was still carrying the dead flashlight though she didn’t have the slightest idea why. Soon enough the familiar sight of the lobby came into view and Jill was not in the least bit surprised to see that the area was still empty for which she was actually thankful.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2016, 07:30 PM

"it is. Maybe we can find an umbrella in the broom closet before we leave." Jack suggested. "It's just straight up creepy in this place." He muttered stearing Jill towards the bathroom. Before stepping in, Jack carefully peaked inside to see if there was anything hinky inside. Switching on the light switch, there was nothing out of the ordinary in the room. "Comon Jill, lets get you washed up." Jack grabbed a towel and turned on the faucet. The water that came out was cold but it looked and smelled ok. Wetting the towel, Jack went to work cleaning up Jill's face of blood smears. That done he went to pull her hands towards the sink and noticed the flashlight. "Here, I'll take that while you wash your hands" Jack took the flashlight from Jill and put it in his back pocket, freeing Jill to wash up in the sink.

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 02-16-2016 at 07:45 PM..

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-16-2016, 07:41 PM

((I didn’t know Cora was in this RP… >.>))

Jill stiffened as Jack peaked his head into the bathroom just off of the reception area, petrified of them stumbling upon another horrific scene. Thankfully everything inside looked perfectly normal and she followed Jack over to the sink. The water was chilly but it helped to clear her head. Grabbing a bar of soap when prompted, Jill scrubbed her hands for longer than was necessary then dried them. Grabbing a wad of toilet paper, she blew her nose and checked her appearance in the mirror. Satisfied that no traces of blood remained she turned back to Jack. “I wonder if they would have some batteries for that at the reception…” she said, pointing to the flashlight in his back pocket.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2016, 07:59 PM

(( ROFL! I had just replied to th other thread so she was on my mind XD))

"That's a great idea! Lets go look!" Jack lead the way over to the reception desk and quickly went around behind the counter. Bending down, he searched though the various cupboards and slots, rifling though papers and assorted junk. "Do you want to check the drawers while I rummage around in these?" Jack asked, pausing his search momentarily. He got down on his hands and knees to look in the lowest shelf. It was so dark he almosted neded a flashlight to look for the batteries FOR the flashlight! "I can't see a dang thing!" He complained. Reaching his hand in to the back of the shelf, Jack swiped his hand back and forth trying to feel for something resembling a battery. "OW!!" He yelped pulling his hand back quickly. "Something bit me!" He showed the bit of blood on his finger to Jill when a large rate came scurring out of the shelf and across the carpet, making Jack swear in fright. "Did you find anything?" He asked Jill after the rat dodged out of sight.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-17-2016, 07:44 PM

Jill followed Jack back to the reception area, looking both ways to make sure nothing had changed since they last passed through a few minutes ago. Everything appeared normal to her but they couldn't be too careful after the number of odd occurrences that had happened so far that night. Walking around the counter with Jack, she nodded when he suggested that she search the drawers.

Opening the top one, she riffled through its contents. There were a number of common items but no batteries. She had gone through the second drawer and was on the third when Jack hollered. Jill about jumped out of her skin, "Are you alright?!" she asked, grabbing his hand to make sure he was okay. She jumped again when a rat scuttled out from underneath the shelf. Breathing a sigh of relief she couldn't help but laugh. "Something normal for once!" she joked, doing her best to make light of the situation. "Not yet…" she responded to his question once the rat had disappeared, let me just check this last drawer…"

Bending down, she pulled out the last drawer and gasped when her fingers brushed against something round an cylindrical. Pulling it out from underneath a bunch of papers, she showed it to Jack. "Bingo!" she said, handing it over. Renewed in her search, she emptied everything out of the drawer hoping to find another one but no luck. "Well that blows... Maybe one will be enough to get us a little ways at least?" she thought aloud.

((Another long one. ^^;))

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-17-2016, 09:32 PM

((so long!! XD I think it's good to put some long ones in here and there!))

"Normal, right," Jack muttered under his breath, "I'm alright though." He answered when Jill checked his poor bitten finger. "It was only a nibble." Jack sucked on his finger while Jill went back to searching the drawers. He looked around the room while he waited for jill to finish. It was too bad this inn was so freaky. It really did have very nice decor. Jack's gaze wanted to the door and the two thin windows on either side. He could see it was still raining outside though his view was blurry due to the glass being old wavy. Something moved... Jack strained his eyes harder trying to see what exactly it was. Though the windows and rain, it was hard to make out but it looked big and... Jack let his hand drop away, his mouth hanging open slack. Could that be what was out in the forest with them earlier?

Jack jumped hard when Jill exclaim "Bingo!" Tearing his eyes away from the spot where he thought he saw the beast, Jack turned his attention back to Jill. "What? Did you find something?" Jill handed him the battery. "Nicely done! See if there are anymore!" jack urged while he took the old batteries out of the flashlight and placed them on the counter. He put the new battery in while he watched Jill make an absolute mess of the counter by dumping out the drawer. "No more batteries huh?" Jack reached over and grabbed the spent batteries. The flashlight only needed two and it was possible that one of the dead ones still had some juice in it. "Lets give it a shot!" Jack popped in one of the dead batteries and flicked the switch. "Nothing." Jack sounded disappointed. Putting in the other one, he tried again. The flashlight turned on. "YES! it works! It's a bit dim but it's better to have a little light when we need it than no light!" Jack handed the flashlight back to Jill. "Here you take this. you can use it for protection if you need to. Where do you suppose they would have an umbrella in this place?" He said turning to look around the lobby. He had all but forgotten about seeing the big creature outside the window.

((Oops! Long too! ))