Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 PM

Banner by Cardinal Biggles!

Enter your homemade crafts in this contest and win!

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 12-23-2012 at 10:16 PM..

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-13-2012, 11:10 PM

The Categories

Winter Wonders

These are items that fit within the classic Winter theme. They'll typically involve snow (real or fake!), snowflakes, ice, and anything that's freezing cold. If you're lucky enough to have real snow sitting outside your house, then feel free to arrange it into an amusing or beautiful shape. Yet if you're not so lucky, fake snow and ice can work in a pinch.

Suggestions: Paper snowflakes, styrofoam snowmen, and frozen ice vases

Household Decorations

Are you proud of a table spread or decorated Christmas tree? Submit it here! This category is intended for all decorations that are displayed within your home for a cozy, festive feel.

Suggestions: Homemade wreaths, tablecloths, and Christmas lights

Festive Fruits

Decorated oranges have long been a part of Christmas traditions. Brighten up your breakfast table with some fancy fruits!

Note: This category does not include all foods. It is limited only to decorating fruits, such as clove oranges. You may use other fruits and citrus if oranges are not available to you. If you want to cook your food and serve up some tasty dishes, then check out Iku's Contest instead!

The Glory of Gifts

All crafts in this category must be given away as gifts! If you handmade a present for anyone this year, then take a photo and submit it. Crafting your gifts shows that you care about a person enough to dedicate hours and hours of your time to their gift. When submitting entries here, please mention who you gave the gift to!

Suggestions: Knitted scarves, hand drawn cards, and painted mugs

Last edited by Knerd; 12-14-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-13-2012, 11:24 PM

Rules

1. All work must be handmade by you. Passing off another person's crafting as your own will get you banned from this contest!

2. To enter, please submit a clear photo of your entry using the form below. Your username must be included: Please write it on a piece of paper and place it within the photograph.

3. Do not add your name using a CG program. If you do this, your entry will be disqualified!

4. You may enter as many categories as you like, but please only 2 entries per category.

Entry Form

Code:
[COLOR="navy"]
[SIZE="4"]Deck the Halls!
[B]Category:[/B] (Choose 1: Winter - Household - Fruits - Gifts)
[B]Description:[/B] (What is your entry?)
[B]Entry:[/B] (Paste image here)
 [/size]
[/COLOR]

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 PM

Prizes

Each Category will receive:

1st Place - 5,000g
2nd Place - 2,500g
3rd Place - 1,000g

Overall Winners will earn:

1st place Medal of Totally Epic Win
2nd place Medal of Shiny Awesomeness
3rd place Medal of Super Spiffiness

Last edited by Knerd; 12-14-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-14-2012, 03:11 PM

Submitted Entries

Winter Wonders

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila

Deck the Halls!
Category: Winter
Description: One of the happy little snowmen I made for our mother daughter Christmas tree. XD Nothin' fancy but it's wintery.
Entry:

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description: Yeah, I'm a little strange when it come to colour choices sometimes. Blood red snowflake? Hell yeah!
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxotanashi

Deck the Halls!
Description: My cute small snowman I made today :)
Entry:

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description: The larger, not as cute snow man me and my bf made xD Rockin' a Hello Kitty hat!
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: i live in maine and there is plenty of snow outside, but i don't really fancy playing in it soooo i made some paper snow flakes! (my roommate made a couple too!)
Entry:

and each window up close... 1 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadsvich View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: Winter Wonders
Description: A little star I made out of the snow~ o uo
Entry:

Deck the Halls!
Description: Also made a bird. x'3
Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: Part of a totoro made out of snow~ Sorry, he's a little creepy, but I guess Totoros are sorta creepy. X3
Entry:
Also: Me writing my name and a different angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness129 View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: A paper snowflake.
Entry:

Deck the Halls!
Description: A paper snowflake.
Entry:

Household Decorations

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: Household
Description: Simple paper chains,which I enjoyed making as a child and still enjoy tofay.Perfect for decorating trees,decking the halls,or hanging from banisters =)
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: A wreath of cardboard and green puzzle pieces,topped with a tissue paper bow that I made in fourth grade,which my family still uses to this day.
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ling View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: It's a Christmas coloured fish and flowery thing and puffy star made with glossy paper gift ribbon. I stick these around the house with blu tack for decoration.
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia

Deck the Halls!
Description: It's, well, a toilet seat cover and the, thing for the tank on top of the toilet? XD
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishunki View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: Householdz
Description: Christmas Palm Tree! Our apartment is too small for a real tree, so I made one! Why palm tree? Because Mele Kalikimaka!
Entry:
z

Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: Just a wooden Reindeer box my pap helped me build with a beautiful arrangement of flowers my mem helped me arrange. Haha. This was a lot of fun! My mem and pap are a creative bunch. :)
Entry:z

z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clair Voyant View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: Householdz
Description: A Christmas tree ornament I made: Santa Spoon. I used a plastic spoon, felt, fabric paints and ribbon. :)z
Entry:
z

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description: Pop corn garland to be put out for the birds boxing day, snow men, beaded snowflakes, clove oranges and pipe cleaner candy canes are all found somewhere on the tree. We like adding or slightly changing it every year. We also put whole peacock feathers near the top. It's symbolic in magic just like the tree itself. It's just a tiny table top tree but it has seen a lot of love threw out the years.
Entry:

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description: My stocking for this year! Burnt myself several times with the hot glue gun.
Entry:
z

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description: Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree! I hope this works just fine. It's not at my house, but my friends house, in which I helped put up their Christmas tree, lights (which didn't work so it was a huge pain fixing them. But I succeeded), etc.
Entry:
z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: Household Decorations
Description: A little Christmas tree that I made. :) I used a chopstick and pieces of white A4 paper, which I then painted green with water colors, and then coated with nail polish that had silver and blue glitter in it. Last I added a large shiny gold flower at the very top as the 'star' of the tree. XD Unfortunately my cellphone camera's resolution is crap so you can't really see the shine in the images...T__T
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-pancake View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: Christmas tree :)
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea

Deck the Halls!
Description: an applesauce and cinnamon decoration. add these ingredients then some glitter and let the harden for a lovely smelling ornament.
Entry:

and up close... 1

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description: a christmas pumpkin. this little pumpkin was left over from halloween and it still hasn't gone bad! i painted him for halloween and now he gets a repaint for the wintery season!
Entry:

and the other sides ... 1 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: My tree! I've been collecting/making ornaments for years now, looking for just the right colors to go. It's green, purple, and blue with a bespangled sea star to top it all off! Don't worry, no real sea stars were harmed ;)
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness129 View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: Household Decorations
Description: A Bead Candycane on a white pipe cleaner
Entry:

Festive Fruits

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alorrena View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: Fruits
Description: clove orange with yarn sewn in! :3
Entry:

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description:This is something that I can't believe I haven't tried before. XD I did two using clove and one with licorice candies. They were so juicy and made the whole room smell sweet, I'm going to have to do these every year now. I tried to spell out Mene, not sure if it's readable or not XD
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: FRUIT!
Description: Carved and cloved tangerine
Entry:
z

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_mew View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: So, I'm not sure if this technically counts so feel free to not include mine if it doesn't! I made... An orange peel rose and swirl!
I snagged the idea from my friend and these two were the only ones that came out nice. C,:
They've dried so that they keep their shape (:
Entry:

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description: carved hanging oranges. a carved patterns in the oranges and hung them in my room so they can make the room smell delicious!
Entry:

and different angles... 1 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: Festive Fruit
Description:A pomander with longitudinal lines crossing the surface of the orange, with little stars at the most convex points of the equator.
Entry:

The Glory of Gifts

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexous View Post
Deck the Halls!
Category: Gifts
Description: Snowflake Earrings
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: An itty bitty felt Grell keyring/decoration. Made for Charlie who is a Grell fan.
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona_Watergate View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: I made a doll for my sister ^_^
Entry:
I added a hat.

A dress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
[/COLOR]
Deck the Halls!
Description: Note cards I made for my grandma.
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxotanashi View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: This is a painted ceramic set of frogs. I made them twins. It will be for my cousin, who adores frogs!
Entry:

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description: Cards Galore! Each one different and geared toward their favorite characters. Everyone was really pleased with them. zMy mom almost cried with hers though because Tinkerbell was what grandpa had called her when she was young. zHe passed away earlier this year. zNot what I intended, but it touched her and many hugs were had. zMy Nephew LOVED his Slenderman card, he saw it the night before and was asking where the gift came from. zI was just like I don't know, maybe open the card. Inside I wrote "You shouldn't have opened the card RUN!!" Hilarity ensued. My sister was asking what medium I used for her Monster High because of how smooth they looked and I told her they were just my prisma-color markers. zDad even chuckled at his Mistletoe Exterminating Dalek. zWhich was just awesome, he's a tough stiff liped trucker type till you get to know him and his awesome laugh. zz
Entry:
z

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyKeehl View Post

Deck the Halls!
Category: Gifts!
Description: This is a kitty ear headband for my friend Misaki. I took an old bow from an old Hello Kitty headband, faux fur the color of her hair, and sewn it onto a black headband covered in white fabric.
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellar Delusion View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: So, this year I was having a really hard time coming up with a gift for my partner. Didin't know what I could buy OR make that would be meaningful AND be appropriate for opening in front of his parents (hopefully this is the last time that's a concern). Then I found this necklace on Etsy - the pendant is a vial of moon dust. But the chain it came with - a simple, thin cable chain - didn't really feel right, and it DEFINITELY seemed too thin and delicate for him to be accepting in front of his parents. So I stopped to think what I could do with it, and then I found these nice onyx and silver beads.
The pendant took a long time to arrive, though. I started to panic. I wanted the whole thing to be a surprise, and it wouldn't be if I had to mess with it on Christmas Eve or, well, today. So in fact, today, it arrived...in two parts.
This is why the ring in the middle. I needed a way to slip the focal piece on when it arrived while still letting me make it ahead of time. We've both agreed, though, that it actually looks better this way too, in our opinions.
This is probably the gift I am most proud of giving, ever.
Entry:

^ I like these two photos because they let you clearly see one of the inclusions in the beads. When it comes to semi-precious stones, we're both a lot more fond of included ones - gives them more character. Can you tell one of the classes we took together was geology?

^ Couldn't figure out where to put the name label, but you can tell it's the same item, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochiel Silverfire View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: I found instructions on how to customize a mug using only a sharpie marker and an oven. So I decided to put my artistic skills to work to make this custom mug for my best friend! We've been friends for almost a decade now and we have a tradition of making each other special gifts for the holidays. She loves blues and greens and purples, so I used those colors as the base (though it's hard to tell in some of the pictures). I decided to add some peacock feathers because she loves those too =^_^=
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxi Shiagami View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: Various animals that I have knitted. They were gifts purchased by co-workers.
Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-pancake View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: A bowl made completely out of buttons stuck together with a lot of glue and acrylic. For my sister to put her keys since she always loses them ^^
Entry:

Quote:

Deck the Halls!
Description: a sinfully soft scarf. i made this for my roommate for christmas because she has a hat that matches already!
Entry:

and the scarf on me! 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post

Deck the Halls!
Description: These are ceramic holders. You can put a few flowers in them and hang it on the walls, or just hang them on the walls by themselves. <3 I made four of them, but two of them I gifted to my mom. She chipped one. v.v;
Entry:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps6dc16feb.jpg

Last edited by Knerd; 01-03-2013 at 02:47 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 PM

I am totally hitting this up! (because I'm broke and will, primarily, be hand making Christmas gifts this year) ^.^;

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 12-17-2012, 07:14 PM

Hooray! I need to make some myself. No idea what I'd make though.

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM

Can we enter a christmas trees that we decorate?

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 PM

If you handmade the tree and/or the ornaments, then yes. There needs to be some element of crafting in there for it to count.

Mimmu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 PM

I could try this! I just can't decide which one I should entry...

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-17-2012, 07:44 PM

Ooo this is new. I like this idea.

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 12-17-2012, 08:03 PM

Ah... so would my Rudolph ornament count?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 PM

Sounds like it could go under "household Decorations" to me. *nods*

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-17-2012, 09:23 PM

Yep! As long as you made the ornament yourself, then it would definitely count.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 PM

All of this is so nice, the moderators work so hard to make a nice event, it's so lovely!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 PM

Ooh, I am going to enter my Christmas tree. xD And enter the Winter Wonders contest. Those two for sure.
<3

Vexous
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 PM

Awesome i'd love to enter these:

Deck the Halls!
Description: Snowflake Earrings
Entry:

I'm actually making them as Christmas presents for family ^_^
These Pair are for my aunty Jen
(excuse the random red bead in the background i missed one when i cleaned of the bench xD
I have beads EVERYWHERE from these lol)

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 12-17-2012, 11:22 PM

I'll have something shortly. I've got to finish them, and will be taking a picture to put up.

This one is right up my alley. I love to knit.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 PM

Knerd: HIM maded someone something but it's already gone so can HIM post the picture of the proper one and take a photo of the one HIM buggared up with the username on ?

Lukrycia

Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 AM

Lucky for me I made some freakin' amazing paper snowflakes a few days ago :'3

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 12-18-2012, 12:34 AM

Would it count if I put together something together? I arranged the elements but did not really make it... (its a wreath of a sort)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 AM

So.. I tried the orange thing. SO not happy with it. I'll have to try again tomorrow. Its such sticky work because the orange squirts everywhere. XD

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 12-18-2012, 12:44 AM

Nephila what's with the decorative orange thing?

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-18-2012, 01:42 AM

Awesome, we have our first entry! I've gone ahead and updated the front page with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post
Knerd: HIM maded someone something but it's already gone so can HIM post the picture of the proper one and take a photo of the one HIM buggared up with the username on ?
As long as its obvious that the two items were made the same way and that you're capable of making the "good" one.

But this contest will be open for a while, are you sure there's no way to get a photo of the original? If you mailed it out, ask you friend to get a picture when it arrives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertdesiert View Post
Would it count if I put together something together? I arranged the elements but did not really make it... (its a wreath of a sort)
I....don't understand what you're talking about.
You made a wreath? Or you took a wreath and beautified it? As long as you were involved in crafting the item and you personally worked on it to achieve the finished product, then it could probably count as a household decoration.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-18-2012, 03:38 AM

Deck the Halls!
Description: Simple paper chains,which I enjoyed making as a child and still enjoy tofay.Perfect for decorating trees,decking the halls,or hanging from banisters =)
Entry:

---------- Post added 12-17-2012 at 10:41 PM ----------

Deck the Halls!
Description: A wreath of cardboard and green puzzle pieces,topped with a tissue paper bow that I made in fourth grade,which my family still uses to this day.
Entry: