NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 08-02-2014, 02:20 AM

Alois inhaled slowly, trying to push away the lingering dread he had in the pit of his stomach. He explained that they should have been away on a holiday, perhaps the trip to Paris they had always wanted to do. It hurt that they had to lie. That Sam would remember his dream holiday and Alois would never. He wished they could have done the trip before Sam got ill. Tears formed in his eyes when he thought too hard on it.

He sat through all the necessary paperwork, drawing strength from Jaz. She was his rock and inspired him to be brave. Soon they would have their Sam back, even if it was just an expensive copy. He was exhausted when everything was done. It would take 24 hours to create Sam's body and upload his personality and memories. This gave him enough time to go home and clean up. He declined an offer from Jaz to go to a cafe for a cup of coffee. He was driven home in silence, though she stuck around to help him clean. She then cooked him dinner. He hadn't eaten in days, so the cooked food was appreciated.

When she left that night, Alois went to his bed and stared at the empty place where Sam had slept. He picked up all his clothes and neatly folded them, putting them away before retiring for the night. It had been a long day and he fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 AM

After leaving Alois, taking Samuel's wheelchair with her in the back seat, Jasmine returned to the compound. Her arms were crossed over her chest and her face was set in a stony determination as she studied the round womb-like pod Samuel was in. There were no marks on his body, nothing that wasn't there in his life. There were more human cells than inorganic, and since the introduction of his DNA, the fluid in the pod had begun altering his cells to accept the DNA change. Nothing would be programmed in via computer, except a memory for the blank space Sam would have had during his absence. His black hair floated almost serenely around his head, his body curled modestly around the tube attached to his navel. His wheelchair sat against a table behind Jasmine, who suddenly realized she wasn't alone. Turning, she found Adam.

"Hey, everything okay?" He approached almost cautiously, sliding an arm around her shoulders. Jasmine softened at the touch and sighed, nodding.

"I helped Alois clean up. Got the yard fixed and the garden made up the way Sam keeps it. God, you should've seen it..." She shook her head, breathing in carefully. "Um... Well... I'll wake him up soon... Tomorrow... It's..." Her voice faltered and she angrily swiped at her eyes, earning a squeeze and light kiss from Adam. "It's... almost too much. I can't imagine how Al feels. God, I hope... I hope it's gonna be okay for him. This... It's Sam, you see?" She pointed, but the form didn't respond. "It's... Sam."

Adam was silent, nodding but not saying anything. Jasmine lowered her head, but didn't allow herself to be taken away. Even when Adam mentioned finding Bernard and helping with the memory filling, she barely heard him. But she was sure he stood there with her for hours.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 08-05-2014, 09:50 AM

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Sam smiled and looked up at Alois, who nodded. The gardens had once been an overgrown mess, but Sam was adamant to clean them up. On whatever time he had off from work as a medical researcher, he was found in the gardens weeding and planting new plants. Alois would help him, though not in anyway to hurt the disabled man's confidence.

"You did a great job, Sammy," he agreed, bending over slightly to kiss his loved one's forehead. Sam smiled wider. Then he started coughing. "Ah! Are you alright, love?" Alois asked him, kneeling beside him to stare in horror at the blood that was coming from his mouth. "Sammy! Why didn't you say anything? We have to go to the hospital right away!"

Sam stopped coughing and wiped the blood from his mouth. "No, Al. There is nothing you can do. I'm already dead."

Alois woke with a cry, sitting up in his bed and staring ahead at the wall opposite. He looked to where Sam used to sleep, half-expecting the man to be by his side. Of course not... Sobbing quietly, Alois hugged his pillow. There was no way he could sleep now... Not without some... Influence... He found the half empty bottle of wine stashed under his mattress. It seemed Jasmine had missed this one. He drunk it all in one swig and fell asleep to the liquor's warm embrace.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 08-08-2014, 10:16 PM

Jasmine barely contained herself as the form was gently lowered into the seat. She had finally fallen asleep at nearly three in the morning, but when a blip in her ear woke her, Adam had already opened the pod and taken Samuel out. He had stood on his own for a time, until the lingering effects of pod isolation reminded him that his body was half broken, and sent him tumbling into Adam's arms. He was sitting in a set of clothes that looked just like something he'd wear, a light yellow short-sleeved shirt and lightweight gray jacket, and a pair of jeans and black and white sneakers. He had a little smile on his face and his eyes were half closed, the expression of someone that was tired, but content with his current situation. Jasmine pulled her hair back and smiled at Bernard and Adam straightened him up a bit, with a little help from Samuel himself.

"What will Alois say to wake him up?" Adam looked at Bernard as he finished jotting down a note.

"He'll say 'wake up, Sam'." Bernard replied simply. "Jasmine, ask him about the past month."

Jasmine nodded, and crouched down in front of Sam. He looked up a bit and gave her a little smile. "Hey, Sammy. What've you and Al been up to the past month?"

Sam seemed to perk up a little, but not much. "We... we've been in Paris. It was like going back in time, Jazzy. Just as amazing as when we got married, I can't explain it..." He broke off to yawn widely. "Ca... can we talk about this later on? I'm tired..."

"It's fine, Sammy. Let's get you home." Jasmine bit her lip, standing upright. Sam wouldn't remember anything until Alois told him to wake up. At her words, Sam nodded and sat back, letting his head go forward as Adam and Jasmine left Bernard to clean up the pod and introduce another. They got him into Jasmine's car easily, Adam lifting the man's body with ease as he was too lethargic to do so himself, and got into the back of the car with Sam's wheelchair. Jasmine turned before starting the engine. "Stay in the car when we get there, okay? I think Al won't want too many people around..." When she was answered with a curt nod, she started off.