hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 01-07-2016, 03:35 AM

"'I don't know. I wasn't allowed to ask. Some crates are light and calling to me and others are darkness and like Courscant. You know why I stay far from the Core? It's that darkness. " Tela said and shivered, since she sensed darkness in Enzo , but she did know he was a good man. " He isn't taking all the crates. He's leaving a few of each of the dark and each of the light. " She said and didn't like The man taking the ones that called to her.

Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 01-07-2016, 03:58 AM

Enzo thought that over for a moment. She didn't know what the crates were but they either felt light or dark to her? The only things that those could be were. . . "Artifacts. Those crates were carrying artifacts. We've got to get those back! Wait here for me. I need ten minutes!" Without saying another word he darted off after the Imperial Emissary with his blaster in hand. Even if he didn't take all of the cargo he took some of it and this was likely to be a crazy stunt he was about to pull but the Force had guided him thus far and so he would follow.

The crates were about to be loaded onto a transporter when Enzo arrived at the location a bit down the corridor. He hid behind a pillar sticking to the shadows as he checked out how many men he was going to have to kill to get the cargo back. There looked to be about ten stormtroopers and the Emissary was armed as well so he was looking to deal with eleven people. That was a lot even for him. He's have to use his head if he was going to make this work and he couldn't harm the cargo.

He unequipped his modified blaster and quickly thought up an impromptu plan. He would need to take out two of the troopers immediately and then he would have to separate the rest from the artifacts which would be easier said than done but it would have to do for a start.

Keeping to the shadows he crept as close to the party as he could before firing off two quick shots and downing two stormtroopers as planned. "We're under attack!" the emissary shouted promptly. Then Enzo threw a thermal grenade at the crowd of four trying to thin the masses before they had time to return fire. He took cover behind a large set of metal crates sitting off to the side that were waiting for transport. The grenade took out two more of the troopers and the rest of the unit was already shooting off suppression fire while the emissary barked off orders. "Get the crates loaded up quickly! And kill that interloper!"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-07-2016, 04:33 AM

"Take cover! " Tela said and was angry that Enzo had attacked the troopers. She didn't want the Empire after her, since she did business with some of the remote outposts. Not that she liked working with them but they paid her well. She was glad that there were no cameras here if this contact was killed. But if he was they would need to hide the bodies and that was something she had done before.

Marsyas

Old 01-07-2016, 02:05 PM

Enzo was surprised Tela had scored to come with him though he want sure if she was going to help or not. That's didn't matter to him right now though. He had to get possession of those crates again and right now his chances were slimming. A few of the stormtroopers were laying down heavy suppression fire while the others were loading up the last few crates. Enzo had to think quickly on his feet. He had a few more grenades to spare but he would risk damaging the cargo if he used them. There had to be something he could do.

Just then, Shal and his crew arrived laying down heavy blaster fire themselves and forcing the imperials to take cover. Shal took up a position near Tela and looked over at Enzo with a scowl on his face, "I don't want you to get the wrong idea. I'm not here to help you. I wish that she had just left you to die but I realize we'll all be hunted now if we don't clean this up so I'm gonna make sure that we have a bunch of dead imps." If Enzo's mask had been removed Shal might've seen something like a smirk on his face but that was a luxury that few got.

"Dammit!" The emissary shouted. "Kill them all!"

Well at least they all agreed that the other side needed to be killed.

One by one the stormtroopers fell until it was just the emissary left.

"Wait! Wait! Hold your fire! I surrender!" He shouted with his hands in the air.

Enzo and Shal both approached the emissary cautiously. "Drop the blaster." Enzo commanded him and the man did so.

"So tell me, what's in the crates that your boss wants so bad?" Enzo asked.

The imperial had an incredulous look on his face, "You mean you attacked us and don't even know what for?" That made the man laugh out loud almost uncontrollably. Until Shal's fist went across his face nearly flooring him.

The man spat blood and smiled. "Why you'll you attack us if you didn't know what it was for?" This time Enzo gave him a hard uppercut to the guy that knocked the wind out of him and sent him to his knees. Then quickly Enzo drew one of his blades and placed it to the man's neck. "I don't have a lot of patience. If you choose to extend this conversation any further then my hand may get jittery and slit your throat."

The emissary swallowed hard at this, sweat dripping down his brow. "Okay okay! Promise you'll let me go when this is all over?"

Enzo gave a nod, "I promise."

Shal immediately spike up, "Wait you're just-" Enzo held up a hand to silence him.

"Speak emissary."

The man swallowed again feeling a sudden pressure come over him. "The crates contain several rare Jedi and Sith holocrons. The emperor wants them personally."

Shal's mouth dropped as they all stood there in silence. They had been carrying some seriously dangerous cargo. It was a miracle that they hadn't just been attacked by the empire on the way here. Why had they not been forewarned about this? It was unacceptable and more pressingly they needed to leave. The empire would be wondering what was holding its agent up.

Enzo was the first to break the silence saying what Shal had just been thinking, "We need to leave. Now."Shal barked a few orders and jumped on his comm to get a few of the other crewmen to come pick up the crates so that they could leave.

The emissary sat there in his knees looking hopeful. "I can leave now right?"

Enzo cut him down without hesitation. "Unfortunately you're a loose end. I don't do loose ends." Then he and Shal worked with the rest of the crew to get the crates loaded back up and get out of there as fast as possible.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-07-2016, 04:55 PM

Tela helped get the crates back in her ship and had to think of something quick. " Make sure the homing beacon on thier shuttle is disabled. We don't want anyone thinking that it was smugglers. " She said remembering that Imperials had caused her trouble in the past during missions like these and had never gotten caught. Tela was in shock that they had been in possession of Jedi and Sith Holocrons. She had heard stories about the Jedi but they hadn't been good ones.

Marsyas

Old 01-07-2016, 05:58 PM

Shal ordered a few men to take care of Tela's orders and once they were done everyone rushed on board the ship and they took off. After making sure that everything was situated with the crew he approached Tela. "Where to Tela?" He didn't know what their next move should be.

Enzo on the other hand didn't care. He was at the back of the ship prying open one of the crates with a Sith holocrons in it. He had learned that the Jedi and the Sith were two opposing sides of the Force and that the Jedi believe that the light side would bring peace to the galaxy whereas the Sith believes that the Dark side would allow them to rule the Galaxy. Two very different opinions but the philosophies we're extremes as well. Enzo wasn't sure if he agreed with either too much. What he truly wanted was power. However that revealed itself.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-07-2016, 06:06 PM

" To Garrus. That will give us time to regroup and figure out our next plan. Maybe we can get someone else to take these holocrons. " Tela said and shivered. She didn't know why this was happening or what to do , since she feared the Empire would take her away like they had Samel. Though she didn't have evidence that it had been them. " We can always tell any Imperial Agents that the Emissary was the one who started this fight. " Tela said and for some reason didn't blame Enzo for doing what he did.

Marsyas

Old 01-08-2016, 12:43 PM

Shal quickly barked orders to the pilots to go ahead and plot their course to Garrus which they eagerly obeyed with a swiftness. He also told them to avoid any cruisers and stay off their scanners. They were likely the only ships doing any traveling out this way which would incriminate them if the imperials got suspicious. The rest of the crew was abuzz with a nervousness about what would happen if they met with any imperials. Most of them thought they would be imprisoned or worse.

"I think we should avoid any imperials altogether Tela. There aren't very many ships traveling out this way. We will look bad if we're caught." The imps would assume that they were at fault no matter what so there was no other option. Especially since they had the cargo on board. That idiot merc was definitely at fault Shal thought.

-------

Enzo sat in he cargo hold after retrieving what was one of the Sith holocrons. It was what had been calling to him. Beckoning him to come. He stared at the small triangular prism in his hand and he knew that it was powerful. Whomever had created it was definitely a powerful Sith. The holocron oozed with such power in the dark side that it looked like a mist was seeping from its form. Now the big question was how to open it.

"You can feel my presence can't you my new apprentice?"

Enzo tensed up. The powerful voice had spoken directly into his mind and he knew for a fact that no one else was in the cargo hold with him. "Who are you?" He asked tentatively.

There was a harsh chuckle from the voice, "I am the master and you are he new apprentice. Although I can sense much has changed over the years. You have potential, it is different from the other two who rule right now but you can match if not surpass the master."

What was he talking about? And what did he mean by the other two? "You never answered my question?"

"I have answered what you asked but if you're inquiring about my identity then you must submit me to me and unlock my vessel. A portion of my spirit has been kept here so this will be me and not just my teachings. You are fortunate that I have chosen you above the others." The voice bellowed.

More riddles from this mysterious voice but for some reason he felt that the voice spoke the truth. "So, how do I open this device?"

This time the voice sounded amused, "If you do not know, which you do, then you are not worthy to be my apprentice and my secrets and teachings are far too precious to be passed to you."

That annoyed Enzo. This voice seemed to enjoy toying with him and making it seem like he was inadequate. He held the device in his hand and mulled over it for a moment before he understood. The Force. Concentrating, he focused on unlocking the device and then he felt it. It opened...

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-08-2016, 03:01 PM

" It would look bad. " Tela said. " We have to do something with the holocrons. " She said and felt sad. " You remember the Jedi at all? Were they as bad as Samel and the Empire say they were?" Tela asked and thought about the chest she had under her bunk. She still felt the holocrons calling to her and wanted to see what one looked like.

Marsyas

Old 01-13-2016, 09:31 PM

Shal smiled and placed a hand on Tela's shoulder, "The Jedi weren't bad. They were heroes. Nothing like the empire portrays them. They were some of the kindest people I e ever met. While I don't understand their religion or anything, they were genuinely an Order of individuals who wanted the best for people and they were protectors." An expression of sadness crossed the twi'leks face. "It's a shame that they're all gone."

-------

There was an audible click and then the holocron opened; the four rectangular sides of the holocron flattening out against its square base. Immediately Enzo was overwhelmed with the Dark Side of the Force. A pressure unlike any he had felt before. It was enough to give a cold blooded killer like him pause.

The form of the spirit that appeared in front of him was a creature he had never seen before. It was "humanoid" but not "human" like him. It was both majestic and fearsome. It had the gaze of absolute authority and power. Without even realizing it Enzo felt himself kneel before the presence.

"My Lord..." Was all he could muster as he averted his gaze from the spirit before him. Even with no formal training in the Force he could feel that this spirit was many times stronger than him at the moment.

The spirit looked down on him. An amused look on his face. "I see you can feel the difference in our strength."

Enzo nodded, "Yes my Lord."

The Sith Lord smiled. "Good. It's good to be confident in your ability but better to understand your opponent."

Enzo made no reply, he simply nodded keeping his gaze to the floor.

"Raise your head apprentice. I am your new Master, Marka Ragnos."

The miraluka did as he was told, although he stayed on a knee. Though he wasn't sure if that was out of fear or awe.

Ragnos looked down on him with an appraising eye. "You are strong in the Force," he said. "I can also sense that there is another nearby who is strong as well."

For a moment a quizzical look crossed Enzo's features before realization struck. Tela! Interesting.

"No matter. I can see you have an idea of who this person is but you've stayed quiet so I assume they are no threat."

"Yes Master."

Ragnos looked as though he was going to say something else but thought better of it. "I sense that something troubles you. What is it?"

The stern raspy voice came off as harsh to Enzo. "Forgive me, I'm simply curious. I don't understand why you would take me as an apprentice without question or any idea of my ability."

For the first time Enzo saw Marka Ragnos crack a grin. "You have much to learn in the ways of the Force my apprentice. Though what I will be teaching you will only be a minimum of what you will learn."

The reply only left the new found apprentice with more questions but he did not ask at that moment.

"Remove your mask. Let me look upon your face and tell me your name apprentice."

Without hesitation he did as he was told and took off his mask. As he did so a genuine look of surprise grew on the spirits spectral face. "A miraluka? How rare indeed. Your race is typically aligned with the Light so this is a rare find indeed..."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-14-2016, 01:13 AM

Tela listened and nodded. " I'm glad they really were good people and not who the Empire says they were. So what they attacked the Emperor, said since he might have done something to deserve it.Thank you Shal for telling me. I know you are telling me the truth. " She said and felt cold. " Is it cold in here ? It shouldn't be. " She said and had feeling she needed to go to the cargo hold and to the holocrons. " I'll be back. I want to see what a holocron looks like. "Tela said and went to the cargo hold.

Marsyas

Old 01-14-2016, 01:49 AM

"My name is Enzo and yes I am a Miraluka," Enzo said with a smooth but deep voice.

Ragnos nodded his head a few times. "Tell me-" The question was cut short. "It seems we have a visitor on the way. We will speak more when you have more privacy. For now keep me close and reveal my presence to no one."

Enzo nodded, "As you wish Master."

And with that the spirit of Marka Ragnos receded into the holocron again and it shut tight. Enzo placed his mask back on his face and tucked the holocron securely into a pouch on the side of his armor. He quickly stood to his feet and went to leave the cargo hold. Just as he was leaving he nearly ran over Tela.

"Come to inspect our precious cargo?" He asked calmly.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-14-2016, 02:44 AM

" I have. " Tela said not sure if she should tell him that the holocrons were calling her. " I do not know why I feel they are. It's like calm wise voices are guiding me to them and telling me there is more to who I am. "She said knowing that sounded crazy. " I can't be a Jedi. Or was my father one? I have to find out more. " Tela thought and still felt very cold. Not a good cold but a dark over reaching darkness far greater than the darkness over the Galxay.

Marsyas

Old 01-14-2016, 04:10 AM

So she was guided here as well. Though I don't think she is walking the path to power that I walk. . . No, her path is different. For now.

Enzo made a sympathetic head gesture, fully aware that she could not see his facial expression, "I hope you find what you are looking for then." He felt like saying just that much would be enough but part of him wanted to talk to Tela and explore her a bit more. Though he could tell she was not walking the dark path that he was journeying down. Still, it never hurt to have contacts and they still had to do something about these holocrons.

"What is your plan for the cargo now? Do you intend to sell these artifacts still or are you planning to do something else altogether with them?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-14-2016, 04:19 AM

" I'll hide them on Garrus. Garrus is largely ignored by the Empire and is a good place for us to hide and still find work. Though I want to know more about the holocrons and want to keep the ones that are calling me. " Tela said. " Is it possible for objects to do that? I even have a small chest of my father's that seems to want me to open it. I don't because I'm afraid to find out the truth about him. " She said and sensed a power around Enzo and wished she knew what his face looked like.

Marsyas

Old 01-15-2016, 02:02 AM

The holocrons are calling to her too? "I see. So you plan to study them then and see where that leads you. I hear they are powerful artifacts so they may grant you power." He would be smiling if she could see his face, but of course she couldn't and he preferred it that way. People needed to stay away from him. Keep him at arms reach. There was too much anger and hatred inside for anything else to bloom.

"I hear that Jedi and their counterparts are called and lead by the Force. Maybe you are too. If the artifact is calling you, then maybe you should listen."

He knew that giving her that kind of advice might be a bad idea. She was in tune with the Light while he took residence in the Dark. Yet oddly he was compelled to show kindness, though he wondered if the Force was guiding him for some purpose he was unable to foresee. His master had things to teach him now and Enzo was more than ready to learn. Since he was a child he had felt that there was this overwhelming strength within him and it had kept him alive. He was naturally gifted a quick learner, but he knew that his body moved faster than naturally possible at times, and there had been moments when strange phenomenon had occurred around him with him at the center. He was sure that all this was the workings of the Force. And now for the first time in his life, he was about to learn about it in earnest and wield that power to be his. He could barely contain his excitement. Soon the tools of the Dark side would be at his disposal.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-15-2016, 03:49 AM

" Maybe I am. I just wonder more about my father. Maybe he was a Jedi and left because he didn't agree with them. I don't want power but I just want to learn. " Tela said and gave Enzo a smile. He did have a darkeness to him but she was sure there was some light in him since she wasn't uncomfortable around him. Tela was willing to learn more about the Force and to be able to protect her crew. They were the closest she had to a family and wanted them safe. Even if it meant if that they had to join a rebellion and there was a possible cell on Garrus. Tela had always been a quick learner and was always trying to find good in people , even Enzo and those she worked for sometimes.

Marsyas

Old 01-15-2016, 11:52 AM

She was too, good for him. It made him feel like less. He knew he did dirty work and was willing to kill without hesitation. That was the life he had lived up until this point and it was the one he would likely continue to live until his dying days but for some reason she made him feel like he was supposed to be doing better. That stabbed at him like daggers. This was why he hated people who shined like the light. That good in them was too much for him to handle. Although he couldn't bring himself to hate Tela he knew that he wasn't going to be good for her. Destruction was what he brought about. She didn't need to be around someone like him. Shal had enough good sense to know that much.

"Good luck with your learning." And with those words he slipped past her and walked to the back of the ship, choosing a vacant room where he was alone. The quiet was going to be his comfort, though he was sorting through a few things in his mind. He removed his mask again and just sat there with his mind abuzz with thoughts.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-16-2016, 01:03 AM

Tela felt something was bothering Enzo and was concerned. She felt she needed to help him somehow and was wondering how she could. Tela opened one of the crates and found a small bronze cube.

" Don't be afraid. I will guide you through your journey. " A kind but wise voice spoke to Tela when she grabbed it. " You have just stepped into a larger world. You have a long but, promising future. " The voice added.

Tela felt a power awaken within her and had to put this in her room. Somehow she had to learn how to this power and keep this from those she worked with.

Marsyas

Old 01-26-2016, 03:11 AM

The next few days went by in a blur. Enzo was learning to use the Force through the teachings of Marka Ragnos but he was not anywhere near powerful. Ragnos had praised him on several occasions saying that he was definitely naturally gifted but he also made sure to let him know that he was still nothing but an ant in comparison to anyone who had any decent training in the Force. He had grown accustomed to the feel of drawing on the dark side. Utilizing his emotions of anger, hatred or even emotions like jealousy and was explained how even love could be a powerful emotion if used in the right scenario.

But one could only learn so much in a few days and Ragnos had said that he was barely scratching the basics. Most of his training thus far was meditation and image training and sparingly Ragnos explained stances to him which seemed to come quite naturally but he had not formally practiced them quite yet.

In the time that he was not using the holocron he was avoiding the rest of the crew and Tela specifically. He had rarely come out of the cabin and made it known that he didn't want anyone else coming in. He was sure he had officially scared everyone off when one of the secuirty crew had come in to say something to him and he had nearly decapitated the man with a swing of one of his sith swords. And then he had started practicing his Force technique by exuding malice which he was sure was helping.

Today they were supposed to be arriving at their destination and it was high time for him to make a formal appearance among the crew.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-26-2016, 03:50 AM

Tela had spent the last few days learning more on being a Jedi. She felt a deep need to open the maghgony chest and was filled with a deep longing the longer she waited. Something else was on her mind these last few days and it saddened her the more she dwelled on it. Her security chief Malar had nearly lost his head after he went to look for Enzo. " What's happening to us ? I don't know the man, but I know the light is drawing to toward him. I'm feeling torn that his darkness is growing and he is avoiding me because of my turn to the light. Why is this so painful ?" Tela thought as she meditated in the cockpit of her ship. Today was the day they reached Garrus.

Garrus was located around a yellow dwarf star and and located near a large nebula. It was a fairly remote place near some minor hyperspace routes and had a population of humans, Twileks, Gotals and Faresh. The Faresh were native to Garrus and a peaceful people who were known for the unique cloths they produced. The Empire had mostly ignored Garrus but Tela knew they wouldn't ignore it for too much longer since a large fuel deposit had been discovered on the southern continent. There were two main continents. The mountainous and populous north and the grassy rural farmlands of the south where the fibers that made up the cloth was grown.

"Everyone prepare for landing and meet in the main hanger for briefing. " Tela spoke over the intercom and felt a connection to somthing on this ship. She knew it wasn't the box but something else in the cargo hold. Almost like one more of the holocrons were telling her to open them. Tela was scared since she didn't know how to use the force beyond what she had learned in the last few days.

Marsyas

Old 01-26-2016, 04:30 AM

Enzo had heard the call over the intercom and had been in meditation up until that point. He knew over the past few days he had grown stronger and he was hoping that he could magnify that strength in the near future. The power of the Dark Side called to him and it was as tempting a call as any he had ever heard. Setting that fact aside, it was now time for him to emerge for the briefing.

When he came from his cabin, Enzo could immediately see the hatred and fear in the eyes of the rest of the crew. Shal particularly looked as if he wanted to kill him on the spot. He was giving off quite the bloody glare and dark emotions were seeping from his spirit. Despite that, there was one who did not seem to look at him with that sort of rage or hatred. She was a hard one to read. Nevertheless, the Miraluka stood away from the pack off by himself as everyone else gathered around their captain to hear what she had to say. He was not in the mood for a slaughter although he was never one to shy away from a good fight.

Before their leader was allowed to speak Shal decided to speak up, "I'm sorry captain but I've got to say something before you breif us." He looked back at Enzo and many of the crew members followed his gaze, although it was obvious. "That creature has to be left here. I can't condone us traveling with a wild beast like him! Our own crew is in jeopardy with him around!"

The murmurs and nods of agreement started immediately without need of further provocation. A man had indeed lost his life a few days ago. Enzo had been the culprit and he was not about to defend himself or say anything that would change the minds of anyone in the room. They all knew he had done it and no one bothered to ask him why or what had happened. They only saw the aftermath.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-27-2016, 06:46 PM

Tela nodded and didn't want to leave Enzo behind and knew the man that had been killed had some shady contacts.This was a hard decision to make but knew they couldn't risk leaving anyone behind after what had happened on that moon. " I understand your concerns Shal, but we need everyone that is left. I am concerned as well with everyone's and my own safety but we might be facing a difficult time after the death of the emissary. " She said and was concerned to what might happen now, though had a feeling those mean that Enzo had killed would have betrayed her and her crew.

" Garrus is a safe haven for people like us. We'll be able to find work here and a chance for other things. " Tela said and still didn't know what to do with thier cargo.

Marsyas

Old 01-28-2016, 07:41 PM

Normally Enzo was not the one to speak up and fan the fire but for some reason he needed to make something clear, "Let me make this known Dhal. If I wanted you dead or anyone else here, they would be dead. What specifically do you know about the circumstances of that man's death? Do you know why he died? Can you say for sure that he didn't come and provoke me? Answer me."

Shal looked taken aback by the sudden defense. Like he just expected Enzo to say nothing while they all bashed him.

"That dumb look on your face says it all. You don't know a thing. And now that we've established that I think it's best that we focus n real issues here rather than grown men acting like little boys because my presence makes them uncomfortable."

The twi'lek looked furious but said nothing. Instead he turned around to face their captain. "We'll follow your orders captain." He said begrudgingly. It was easy to tell he was both frustrated and embarrassed and so were a few of the other crewmen realizing their bias against Enzo. The murmuring had effectively stopped and now everyone was focused on Tela.

"So do you have a plan Tela?" Enzo asked.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-30-2016, 03:25 AM

" I don't. Which is unlike me. " Tela said and had wanted some input. " I have a contact that owns an old clothing warehouse and is willing to let us work for him. Though he said that they have been making custom fabrics that are sent to places that are under Imperial control. " She said not sure that her crew wanted to ship cloth. It made her fearful and sad that the last job went badly. Though it was a different fear she had , since she felt the Force was strong on this planet and it made her feel safe and confident that they'd be safe.