Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-05-2011, 06:00 AM

Discuss? But keep discussion appropriate, even if the game is more mature... :sweat:

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2011, 02:42 PM

I haven't tried the game yet, but all the articles and such give me the impression of a very variant game. It has that twisted pervy story, a hard debate on cheating your love one and it's a... a... platform game. O.O Didn't see that coming when I saw the first pictures! :D I thought it was another dating game for men!

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 08-05-2011, 02:59 PM

Should I go on about my current love-hate relationship with this game? :lol: Catherine is definitely a good game. But some of these bosses are really killing me, er... Vincent.

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 08-06-2011, 10:09 AM

lol Lizzy.

I HEAR YA! But I'm a sucker for punishment and tower/puzzle games so I ADORE THIS ONE!

SOOO GOOD <3 <3 <3

I'm only in the first part of the game but I'm totally in love with it already. Atlus always produces though so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 08-06-2011, 08:59 PM

Same, same. I'm a huge fan of Atlus titles. And it would be great to see more games like this from Atlus.

Also, I want Trish's afro!

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-07-2011, 06:01 AM

Oh, I think the only negative thing people usually have to say about the game is that it's really difficult. I even read a review from a critic from one of those professional game review sites that said you should play on easy mode if you want to pass... How promising... :sweat:

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinn View Post
Oh, I think the only negative thing people usually have to say about the game is that it's really difficult. I even read a review from a critic from one of those professional game review sites that said you should play on easy mode if you want to pass... How promising... :sweat:

Can you change the difficulty during the game? Like in Dragon Age? :3 Critics warned about that game too, Nightmare mode was quite... eh, challenging... And I'm embarrassed to admit that I had to play the last boss on easy mode... :oops:

kiba-akina
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-07-2011, 06:15 PM

It looks like a good game, but for 60 bucks..when it doesn't take but 1 or 2 days to finish..is a rip-off..I wouldn't waste that much money on it..I'm gonna wait till it drops in price. My friend bought it, it only took her 2 days to beat it.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 08-07-2011, 07:16 PM

You can change the difficulty during the game. But not during a puzzle stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiba-akina View Post
It looks like a good game, but for 60 bucks..when it doesn't take but 1 or 2 days to finish..is a rip-off..I wouldn't waste that much money on it..I'm gonna wait till it drops in price. My friend bought it, it only took her 2 days to beat it.
Ah, but there is the replay value involved. You can't get all eight endings in just a day or so. Unless you're really good at the puzzles and get gold on them all. And there is the co-op.

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2011, 10:22 PM

Mhh, eight endings x 2 h = 16 h PLUS Co-op! And you can play it all again after it's been a year or two in a closet! :D

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 AM

Personally I would buy a used one, but I agree that it has replay value. Can you achieve perfect balance between Catherine and Katherine? Without a walkthrough? :sweat:

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 08-08-2011, 04:47 AM

Yeah, I normally go for the used copies. But Atlus titles tend to increase in price as they get older.

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 AM

I kind of want to play this, but I don't have the appropriate systems for it. From the sounds of it, it's worth a try? <3

Isendor
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 AM

Hey, everything is worth a try! Except drugs and such.

Drugs are bad, mkey?

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2011, 02:51 PM

I want to play it and I know two people who have played it. Or is it one? Well, I know for sure my crush is playing it since his status on facebook changed too "Why can't a girl like Catherine ever walk up to me randomly? D< God damn it". That was on August 6th at 8:33PM. I know for sure I want to play it. My brother-in-law as well but I know he won't ever buy it. He's way into CoD and Battlefield. =/

MadMustache
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-10-2011, 09:55 PM

This is further proof I need to buy some of the new gen systems. Regardless, I've been hearing a lot about Catherine, and after seeing someone play through it, it looks good. Challenging, but good.

Muraki
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-14-2011, 12:22 AM

My guy and I just bought Catherine yesterday. I'm enjoying it so far. Even though, I'm not much for tower/puzzle games. I'm playing it on easy or very easy because, I care way more about the story then the puzzle parts. I am a huge fan of Atlus games, but I like their other games more so then Catherine so far...like I said, not huge on puzzle games really. I really hope the story is worth how much time I'm gonna pour into this game.
Don't get me wrong, I do look forward to playing more of it. I'd recommend this game to others, especially if they are into puzzle type games and are looking for a challenge. ^_^