• Join Us

Imoto-chan_Always
  • Challenge Imoto-chan_Always in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:00 PM

Aww, I'm sorry. :( Maybe you could ask a friend or family member who's really good at wrapping to teach you?

As for me, I'm a master wrapper. Of all of my friends and family, I think I might be one of the best. I also always make sure to save any remnants that seem large enough to reuse. This does occasionally result in a 'Frankenpresent' or two, but they still look nice. XD I'm always careful about tape. I used to use soooo much, but now I only really use what's necessary. I think that's one important part of getting better. Also, it doesn't take me very long to wrap something unless it's an odd shape, but that can be fun to do too. <3 Honestly, I think wrapping the presents is my favourite part of the holidays. Family, food, and opening my own gifts are all great too, but I love wrapping up the presents to give out later. <3 There's something so magical and satisfying about it.

Kris
  • Challenge Kris in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:00 PM

I just like it for the artsy-ness. I especially like strangely shaped boxes, so I can figure out a cool way to wrap them. x)

The Magiek
  • Challenge The Magiek in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 01:39 AM

Same for I!

I am a epic fail at wrapping.

Naeru
  • Challenge Naeru in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 02:31 AM

I'm ok at wrapping stuff, but only if I spend a lot of time on it @@;

LaVida
Penpal
  • Challenge LaVida in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 02:34 AM

ditto, I totally fail at present wrapping too T_T but the good thing is that you can always put it in a nice box or a gift bag :D

RisikaFox
  • Challenge RisikaFox in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Well, I'm pretty decent at wrapping, but you should see the stuff my Mom wraps. I always feel sorry for the little kids, because she doesn't just tape adjoining edges, she tapes every available opening, making it almost impossible to unwrap them. Dx

Lura Crane
  • Challenge Lura Crane in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 05:31 PM

I love wrapping presents, especially ones with all straight and flat surfaces ( like a box XD )~ owo I think of it sort of in the same way as I think of making book covers for school textbooks (not the fabric slip cover thingies). I'm very much a perfectionist, and an artist, so I guess those two put together make for neatly wrapped presents, haha.

I'm terrible at wrapping oddly shaped gifts though, specifically because I'm a perfectionist and think too much about having the wrapping paper or clear wrap or whatever folding a certain way, coming to a certain point, etc. XD; So for those, I usually just go with the tissue paper + giftbag method. 8DD;;

PhantomLolita
  • Challenge PhantomLolita in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:20 PM

I'm not terrible at it, but I'm not really good either. I can wrap small things and clothes boxes pretty well, but it's those awkward and large packages that get me. I've discovered that I can't really wrap nerf guns or action figures...it turned out pretty bad. I'm getting better at wrapping since I have a kid though.

Pallas
  • Challenge Pallas in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM

I've stopped wrapping altogether, instead everything goes in gift bags. Sure, when I was younger my mother tried teaching me a dozen times how to properly wrap something, but I'm a terrible judge at how much paper I need and I can't seem to wrap things evenly, one side always looks awkward. The presents probably look fine, but I'm always wanting perfection.

Dingle Hopper
  • Challenge Dingle Hopper in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 05:13 AM

I rather like wrapping. The only thing that annoys me is when people do those crazy tight ribbons you can't get off without cutting. And then someone sitting around watching goes, you broke the ribbon, you have to kiss someone! ... where did that rule ever come from for wrapping ribbon?!

Kiyo Trishna
Send a message via MSN to Kiyo Trishna Send a message via Yahoo to Kiyo Trishna
  • Challenge Kiyo Trishna in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 05:15 AM

I can wrap paper alright, years of practice of being a elf.
On the other hand I just can't cut the paper right to save my life. ;-;
Thus it messes up my wrapping a wee bit.

sjacklene

Penpal
  • Challenge sjacklene in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 05:17 AM

Oooo! I love to wrap presents. That is one of my favorite parts of Christmas and birthdays..... Other than actually giving people presents. The best advise I can give you is practice. No one is perfect, but you can become better at something by practicing it. Perhaps you can find some videos on the internet and learn different techniques or wrapping as well.

Good luck! :vicky::)

Jarlina
  • Challenge Jarlina in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 05:19 AM

wrapping takes two things. practice and patience. I often have very little patience for cutting the paper right. My cutting is either jagged or at an angle. Folding the end over to appear straight usually helps, but not always. Oddly shaped packages are a separate story all together though. Those can be very aesthetically unappealing, and I try to put them in a gift bag if I can.

Yume
  • Challenge Yume in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 01:16 PM

that's why you get a paper bag thats all decorated, tissue, and viola! 8D I do that... haha