• Join Us

SSCeles
Send a message via AIM to SSCeles Send a message via MSN to SSCeles
  • Challenge SSCeles in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:34 PM

I got to see my family yesterday, also! In my case though, its my younger nieces and nephew. Eight, ten, twelve and fourteen. The only boy is the twelve-year-old and his voice is so... gah, cute? I'm not sure if its right to put it that way, but now that he's going through all those voices changes, he's sounding like Sora from the first KH. xD

My nieces... well, one doesn't like the dog, so she hid. The youngest is surprisingly the best with the dog and can tell it to 'sit' and it'll listen, whereas her sister would rather flee and the dog would only give chase. -_- The oldest is the easiest to talk to, always has been. I got informed that my sister updated her cellphone plan without telling me... (and I'm on her plan) so now I have unlimited texting. Yay? I don't text much... but its nice to know for when I do! Half the reason I never did was because I wasn't allowed to.

The four of them were the ones to get me into the Kingdom Hearts series, so I was happy to show them the trailer for the newest game, Birth by Sleep, coming out in Japan on January 9th. >w< My parents were in awe I had their quiet, full attention for seven whole minutes.

(I'm only five years older than the oldest. They love having such a young aunt. My sisters are from my mother's ex, so... the age gap happened.)

The Enchanted Tiara
  • Challenge The Enchanted Tiara in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 12:33 AM

Luckily, on most holidays, besides Thanksgiving, I've gotten out of having to be tortured by spending time with my relatives. When I move out and I'm visiting my Mom and Dad someday for holidays it will be fun, but my distant relatives are torturous to be around.

Sharl
  • Challenge Sharl in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 12:37 AM

I don't really have much of an extended family, so the closest to 'relative inundation' I get is my irritating younger brother coming home for winter break.

lillita
  • Challenge lillita in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 03:09 AM

This year was my first year to spending the holidays with relatives, and it was relatively quiet. Though I think my dad nearly died choking on his drink when my grandma said that she wanted a stripper pole for Christmas.

purple_picklez
  • Challenge purple_picklez in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:04 AM

We haven't really gotten together with my realatives since my grandma died.. We just send gifts to them and vice versa.

Also, tanks is a very boring Wii game, so it's understandable. The cows one, though, I like.

Lura Crane
  • Challenge Lura Crane in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:47 PM

I used to love spending time with my cousins and other relatives over the holidays ( at least, the relatives on my dad's side >o>; ), because all of us cousins are pretty close in age, I guess? But there were a lot of us, so it was always really busy (the good kind), and most of us are close in relationship anyway so spending time with my extended family is always fun. 8D

Rather than Christmas though, often it was over summer vacation or Thanksgiving that we'd be able to spend time with each other (some of us being separated by the Pacific Ocean or living on opposite ends of America). But then as we (the cousins) started to get older, we got more and more busy, and not many of us go to these family gatherings anymore. And I look back missing those fun childhood holiday times, but, oh well, point is-- my time spent with relatives over the holidays are more often enjoyable than not. XD ( Unless it's with relatives from my mom's side, but that's mostly because of the partial language barrier. >^>; )

It's funny, now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever bought any Christmas presents for my cousins before.. which is kind of sad, really. owo;;

Maria-Minamino
  • Challenge Maria-Minamino in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:49 PM

This is the first christmas in years that my whole family was there. And by my whole family I mean both my brothers, grandma, mom, stepdad, and myself. One of my brothers has been in and out of jail for a while but he's finally turning his life around and actually wanted to come home for christmas, it was nice!

midnitemyst
  • Challenge midnitemyst in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 03:58 AM

My family cant all be in the same house for holidays let alone the same room. Everybodys always mad at someone. And my husbands family always has to go pay homage to their mother the queen. Which makes me sick. If I am lucky I get the flu or something at Christmas. I am so glad when the holidays are over.

Yume
  • Challenge Yume in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 01:17 PM

My grandmother set he dress on fire one year when she lit the candles on the tree from the BOTTOM UP :l lawl

sjacklene

Penpal
  • Challenge sjacklene in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 05:48 PM

I am around basically everyone all the time that I am for Christmas. So it is nothing unusual. Usually there is at least one fight going on constantly... I wish it would stop. :(

rampartte
  • Challenge rampartte in the Arcade

Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 AM

I just enjoy spending the time with immediate family. If we had to do more I might go a little crazy!

Emo Teddy
  • Challenge Emo Teddy in the Arcade

Old 01-03-2010, 01:05 AM

None of my reletives came to my house this year, thank god. But- omg they're coming in 3 days!