• Join Us

Petals Out to the Moon
  • Challenge Petals Out to the Moon in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 AM

I'm actually fairly good at wrapping presents. If they are shaped like a box at least. And other awkward shape and I suck. :3

ToriKat
  • Challenge ToriKat in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 09:15 AM

I loooove wrapping presents. Give me some wrapping paper, bows, ribbons, and whatever else you can think of, and I'll have a field day! It's a pity that I don't have any to wrap...I have a lot of stuff to ship back home though. ^^; Even though I can be a perfectionist at times, I have fun with it rather than going nuts over details.

lunanuova

Penpal
  • Challenge lunanuova in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 10:01 AM

Haha, I love wrapping presents too. I wish I had presents to wrap though! It's so hard to buy things for people that I have hardly anything to wrap -.-!

Robard
  • Challenge Robard in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 10:08 AM

I like to think I can wrap gifts presentably, at least. But thanks to my aunt, I have a number of pretty cloth gift bags on hand.
I'm usually not at home, though--the last few gifts I gave were either unwrapped (although I did make some paper flowers to put on top) or wrapped in the store. Because I tend to get things ready at the last minute, and have no time to go buy paper. ._.

The Wandering Poet

Penpal
  • Challenge The Wandering Poet in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 10:51 AM

XD I don't even bother trying lol it'll get shredded anyways

Marquisse

Old 12-24-2009, 10:56 AM

Bags!! take the easy way out! Ha ha ha, actually I'm a pretty good wrapper. I usually do the small box inside of a box inside of a box trick for my friends and brother so I get a LOT of practice. We gotta use the boxes my mom insist's on saving lol.

yar im pocky
  • Challenge yar im pocky in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 11:01 AM

I'm not very good at wrapping gifts too.

~LONGCAT~

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~
  • Challenge ~LONGCAT~ in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 01:56 PM

I'm not that bad at wrapping, my problem is getting gifts of unusual shapes. my dad's gift this year is like a lopsided pyramid on a lopsided base, I'm gonna have fun wrapping that one.

topostarlight
  • Challenge topostarlight in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 02:09 PM

I can't wrap either, that's why I use gift bags and those decorative boxes. I did wrap one gift though, it just looked all lumpy but the person I gave it to didn't notice or care. :)

The Enchanted Tiara
  • Challenge The Enchanted Tiara in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 02:50 PM

I always cut the wrapping paper cookedly, but that's okay, because my Mom showed me how to fold it so that it looks straight. The problem is, I also fold it crookedly. XD And I cut too much off so it's too big so it looks all lopsided and wrinkled whenever I fold presents. My Mom's really good at it though and I think I will get better with practice. Also, all those commercials with that knife thingy that cuts the paper straight and that hand free tape looks intriguing to me. I'm sure that would help me as well.

I will never ever ever be able to do that whole magically scissors curling ribbon thing people can do that. I swear that people use supernatural powers to make it curl that way because it never works for me when I try to do it.

amyrex2
  • Challenge amyrex2 in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 02:57 PM

I love wrapping gifts, I don't know why, but somehow making them all girly and pink makes my day. Yeah I use pink even for Christmas on some years. If you are having problems keeping the paper tight, then try taping a free edge to the gift its self before the wrap. It makes mine look great.

kaihkc
  • Challenge kaihkc in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 02:59 PM

lol i dont even try anymore lol

Lucid Hallucinogen
  • Challenge Lucid Hallucinogen in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 04:15 PM

I try to wrap presents, considering I wrapped them all this year. Most of them look really lumpy, but I don't suppose it matters, people are going to tear into them like savage animals in any case.
D;

Alegretto
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto
  • Challenge Alegretto in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 04:20 PM

I am terribad at the art of wrapping things. Not like it matters- people are gonna tear into that junk so fast they won't look twice at my failtastic wrapping skills (or lack thereof). I could always go with the fancy little bags and boxes and stuff, but they cost more and I am one cheap basterd. Why spend an extra 11 bucks on bags and papers when I can do it for a mere $1.25?

SouLSuRv1vER
Send a message via AIM to SouLSuRv1vER
  • Challenge SouLSuRv1vER in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 04:23 PM

I am good at it until it comes to the part where I have to fold up the open sides. I fail at that part lol.

reddeadauron
  • Challenge reddeadauron in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 04:25 PM

I have never been able to wrap presents or even come close to getting it right. When I wrap presents it looks like the guy from Scary Movie 2 with the small hand tried to do it.

Mari Monn
  • Challenge Mari Monn in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 04:34 PM

XD So do I. Looking at my wrapped presents makes me laugh every time. :'D

Sam.
  • Challenge Sam. in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 04:47 PM

I love wrapping presents! :D I like doing it, and I like to decorate my presents aswell XD

Tigermirage
  • Challenge Tigermirage in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 04:55 PM

I'm good and fast at wrapping, i have had lots of practice and i end up wrapping most of the gifts in my house. After a while i usually resort to gift bags cause i get tired of wrapping.

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 05:57 PM

I'm good at it, but I always recommend using gift bags, them people have something they can use to carry the presents home.

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX
  • Challenge Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 05:58 PM

My mom refuses to wrap presents, so my sister got really good at it.; Then my sister taught me, so now I'm pretty good at it. I now wrap everyone's presents. Including my own. But I don't get to know what it is. >.>

sweet windmelody
  • Challenge sweet windmelody in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:05 PM

I can wrap presents nicely sometimes. But most of the time I either got really lazy or I wrapped it like it's some sort of garbage so I just buy those gift bags and put the presents inside. It save time and I don't have to get frustrated about it. XD

CuddlyQuiche
  • Challenge CuddlyQuiche in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:13 PM

My presents end up looking mangled and chewed up by a dog (they get chewed up a little by guinea pigs if left to close to cages like last year, which resulted in complete re wrapping DX)

Synthetika
  • Challenge Synthetika in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:16 PM

Lol i know i suck at wrapping but i like to think it looks decent xD i usually buy gift bags and just stuff those but when it comes to the big stuff i wrap them and boy do they look odd sometimes.... i usually pull out too much or too little paper so they end up having bulges of paper on the side or i tape more paper over the parts i couldnt cover hehe... and sometimes they arent wrapped tightly around the stuff so its all poofy... and my ends always have wierd angles not the perfect little triangles O_o and oh gosh i rip alot of paper when im cutting it >.<

Wicked
  • Challenge Wicked in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:32 PM

Awww. I'm pretty good at wrapping.. so long as it's box shaped.
Odd shaped items tend to get stuck in an extra box first or else they come out looking rather like messy. Sometimes the corners aren't as crisp as I might like even on boxy gifts. I wonder, could you perhaps google wrapping tips and practice? I like to think everyone can learn just about anything if they make the effort.