• Join Us

KidK Mirai
  • Challenge KidK Mirai in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 05:46 PM

I think my favorite part of the holiday season is giving things to people. XD I just looove searching for gifts that really mean something or that will be useful to the receiver.

So what kinds of presents have you given so far this year, or will you give in the days to come? Is there any gift you're particularly pleased with the idea of, maybe?

For myself, I can't give away my most favorite gift I'm giving on here, because my BFF that I sent it to is a Mene member and she might see before she opens it tomorrow, you never know. >.> But my second favorites are a box set of one of my brother's favorite old TV shows for him, and an IOU for a display table for my parents' den (I'm waiting to order one or the other of two designs, until after they choose the one they want). =]

wishie

Pixel Pixie
  • Challenge wishie in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 05:57 PM

I gave my friends little things that were on sale on a website that sells japanese stuff. I think the best thing I gave away was this little key chain that makes little popping sounds as if your popping bubble wrap. That thing is such a time killer *got herself one* XD

CuddlyQuiche
  • Challenge CuddlyQuiche in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 05:58 PM

I think the best present I've given this year was a giant stuffed hippo for my mother with a ribbon and name tag on it. She will be grinning constantly tomorrow, she's a hippo fanatic! I've been giving alot of hand made present though this year since I finally understood what my grandma said that'd she be happy with just a hand made present.

ainebella
Send a message via MSN to ainebella
  • Challenge ainebella in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:16 PM

my best gift was giving my mom her new sterio! she loves it. my sec0ond best gift giving this year would be ether my dads big bang theory season 1 and 2 box sets or my sister 2 purses and book pressent, she loves pureses

SSCeles
Send a message via AIM to SSCeles Send a message via MSN to SSCeles
  • Challenge SSCeles in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:17 PM

=D!! Yes, its better to give! I've given a lot of my gifts to my friends early this year, because either I thought they could use it or early or I didn't think I'd see them anywhere near a good time to give it to them.

I got my old high school buddy who just moved in down the hall one of those bath sets ($16), I gave another high school friend who's been in and out of homelessness $10 in cash and a $5 Littlest Petshop toy for her to give her little sister, I got my online friend on the east coast the code for the WoW:Wrath of the Lich King expansion ($35!), and I've drawn odds and ends for people because I'm an artist.

It's ironic because I spent all the money I was given early by my parents and grandparents to buy my friends gifts. And you know? I don't feel bad for it. I really don't have 'wants' right now. I've been living on a tight budget for over a year now, and needs come before wants. All I wanted this year were some needs - a jacket and some gloves. My mom splurged and talked me into letting her buy me some new boots and some nice socks to go with them.

Synthetika
  • Challenge Synthetika in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:22 PM

It feels so good to give people gifts ^_^

Well i think this year i have gotten some of the best presents ive ever gotten for anyone =D I got a really cool gift for my boyfriend but he left me broken hearted...

so now my favorite this year is what i got for my dad its a business card holder/ clock and picture globe/ pen stand with a custom plate on it that says 'Dad, I appreciate everything you do for me, Thank you for all that you have done, Love Nicole' it was expensive but worth it because of how much he helped me out this year.

alltogether i spent over 600 dollars on gifts for everyone and i think theyre all such good gifts =D i already gave my dad and step mom their presents i cant wait to give the rest to everyone else tomorrow

neller
  • Challenge neller in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:25 PM

I suck at fantastic gifts. :3
I usually give stuff that isn't great, but sentimental. ;)
I gave my mom a beautiful white sweater. She loved it. ^_^

KidK Mirai

Old 12-24-2009, 06:31 PM

=D Wow, sounds like everybody here's in the giving spirit! I love giving personalized things, or contributing to people's collections, myself. XD Like every year I give my piano instructor something with angels, and my dad's secretary gets something with fairies, 'cause they collect those things.

TheMorningStar
  • Challenge TheMorningStar in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:33 PM

I have gone a bit crazy with my Christmas spending this year... I think the best gift I have gotten for someone this year would be an Xbox360 for my friend Susie. She recently had stomach surgery and will be confined to bed for several days, but at least now she will have something to do during that time. ^_^

Keyori
  • Challenge Keyori in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:33 PM

I bought gifts for all of my housemates. I gave the most ornery ones each a nerf gun. They loved 'em!

Though the best gift is probably myself, to my fiance, xD

Mojo817
  • Challenge Mojo817 in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:45 PM

A nice copy of Terry Prachett's 'Night Watch', a taro deck, a monty python card game, a pack of pirate band-aids...
My gifts are kinda lame...
except for 'Night Watch'... Terry Prachett is awesome!

JapaneseCherryBlossom
  • Challenge JapaneseCherryBlossom in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorningStar View Post
I have gone a bit crazy with my Christmas spending this year... I think the best gift I have gotten for someone this year would be an Xbox360 for my friend Susie. She recently had stomach surgery and will be confined to bed for several days, but at least now she will have something to do during that time. ^_^
Aw, that's a great present! You two must be really good friends :). I've had stomach surgery before, and it sucks bad. Playing video games is awesome when you're sick.

Condemned Citrus
  • Challenge Condemned Citrus in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 08:09 PM

Giftcards... lots and lots of giftcards... I'm so lazy... T_T

broadway_princessxo34
  • Challenge broadway_princessxo34 in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 08:11 PM

I made my friends all bracelets that were just like the one I have. They all loved them and thought they were really cool. Im also gave my friend a keychane with his name on it that I made in machine shop and I made my brother a baseball bat. I like to hand make things instead of buying them, It makes it feel more personal to me.

Elwing
  • Challenge Elwing in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 08:17 PM

I havent done presents for over 3 years...
There's no money for it =x

And simpily, every year it's like:
Pffff what am I going to give THIS year to [insert name here]?
Pff what am I going to ask for?? >____<
I mean asking for an electric base guitar or drivinglessons would
be a bit too much now does it? Better just save up for those myself.

xX Savara Xx
  • Challenge xX Savara Xx in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 PM

The best gift I'm giving this year is a whole bunch of hugs. I'm just too poor to get people stuff they want or need T-T

Lucitania
  • Challenge Lucitania in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 08:23 PM

I gave my best friend a christmas stocking full of headbands, earings, and lipgloss. I stitched her name onto the christmas stocking myself. I also gave her an ornament that said " Merry Christmas! From [my name here] and then it had a little gold heart on it. She cried when I gave it to her so I know she appreciated it alot. :)

~LONGCAT~

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~
  • Challenge ~LONGCAT~ in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 08:26 PM

I love giving gifts. I think my brother is getting the best gift from me. He's getting a hand carved (and pretty big) boat with all the riggings and I also got him a concert t-shirt from when I got to see Dethklok, he couldn't go mom and dad wouldn't let him. (they have no control over what I do at Uni XD )

Desunt Cetera
  • Challenge Desunt Cetera in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 09:11 PM

The gift that I'm most looking forward to giving is the drawing I drew for my bofriend.
He wouldn't accept anything in real life, so I had to settle with this.
I hope he like it, I worked really hard on it!
<3

Librus
  • Challenge Librus in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 PM

All of the presents I'm giving are awesome.
I can't choose a favorite! haha

babyangel
  • Challenge babyangel in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 09:19 PM

im giving my friend a book shes obsessed with books

StripedSocks`
  • Challenge StripedSocks` in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 09:45 PM

I gave my one friend a real antler. XD It sounds kind of strange, but it's a running joke because we all say that he's Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. Of course, he uses antlers in all of his decorating!

KidK Mirai

Old 12-25-2009, 02:14 AM

D'aw. ='3 It is so warming my heart to read all these awesome answers. All these homemade and specially-picked gifts, I'm sure will be appreciated.

I used to do a Christmas picture for my little brother every year, but lately with my job I haven't had time to make something as nice as usual, so I bought him some things and am still working on a picture...for New Year's!

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:59 AM

I would definitely say it was being with family. Material stuff is worthless if your alone...

But on that note I really love this huge stuffed horse I got back in 8th grade :)

Wynna
  • Challenge Wynna in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:59 AM

I'm giving my aunt a knitted penguin hat. It's adorable.

Tags