Old 12-25-2009, 03:42 AM

for me im giving my mom a drawing since she's in the hospital
and gets depressed so i thought i would make a couple of my drawings
so cheer her up and make her happy i think that is the best present for my
mother ^^

mwahhaha
  • Challenge mwahhaha in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 04:01 AM

The best present I'm giving this Christmas is either the binoculars for my dad or the snow fort I'm building with my little sister. I HATE being out in the snow (or outside for long), so that's actually a lot. Of course I bought her a present, too. One of those FurReal Newborn Panda things. She's 7

Kamikaze Kendra

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra
  • Challenge Kamikaze Kendra in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 04:04 AM

Well, my best friend always jokes that she's going to turn into a crazy cat lady when we're older... so I found her the perfect gift: The Crazy Cat Lady Board Game!

The goal is seriously to end up with the most cats at the end of the game. I can't wait 'til the day after Christmas when we can exchange gifts and play it!

Lady Luck Infinity
  • Challenge Lady Luck Infinity in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 07:20 AM

I found some really pretty scarves and gifted them to the people that I pay my rent to. They absolutely loved them.

kurashi
  • Challenge kurashi in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 12:25 PM

I got my wench a custom Zippo lighter, a plush zombie and many other things to tickle his fancy. I'm quite proud of myself this year. Sadly, I didn't get to see him open his gifts because he was away at his parent's for the holidays.

Lucid Hallucinogen
  • Challenge Lucid Hallucinogen in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:08 PM

Well I gave a lot of gifts this year. . ____.;; I don't really even remember all of them. I'd have to say the best gift I bought this year is probably a tie between an old school pac man shirt, a starwars lego set, or an mp3 player. I guess it just depends on who's reaction is the best. . .> .>;;
My favourite part about giving the gifts is watching them spaz all over the place~! <3

Pickles
  • Challenge Pickles in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:10 PM

I gave a friend of mine 4 lbs of Japanese candy.
Aside from that, I'll be giving my brother a massive dose of candy and a $5O pre-paid Visa card.

okamimyst
Send a message via AIM to okamimyst Send a message via Yahoo to okamimyst
  • Challenge okamimyst in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:37 PM

I'd say that the best gift I'm giving today is being home for Christmas. I've been abroad for the past two semesters now, and I think my mom is really glad to know I'm going to be in the States with only an hour time difference for a while. Even if I am already planning to go abroad again this summer...

Otherwise, I'm mostly giving scarves. When a poor student takes their measly amount of dollars over to Europe and then changes it to euros.... Let's just say I was poorer in France than I was in the States. And, therefore, scarves were inexpensive. And easy to take back.

Quantum Angel
  • Challenge Quantum Angel in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 05:24 PM

All of my friends open presents on Christmas Eve, so...all my gift giving is done and done. Except for my parents, but...:sweat:
The thing that got the best reception was a near perfect condition copy of FF7 (not even a single mark on any of the discs) that I gave to a friend who has been looking for said game at a reasonable price for years. I teased her about it a LOT in the days leading up to it - I was a MEAN friend for the first time in my life, just to make her even more excited when it finally came out of the "box." ...it worked. xD

Some other good ones that I gave to her were three pairs of earrings that she had been wanting to buy herself but didn't have the money for. xD ...and I swear I didn't even know. I just know her that well and thought she'd like them. xD

For another friend, an onyx necklace was the big hit. Also, thank goodness, the little sculpture I made over a week and a half went over QUITE well. |D Even if all the smaller areas were full of Rice Krispies. xD I come up with very interesting packing material.

Mageling

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling
  • Challenge Mageling in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 05:25 PM

I gave two complete Build-a-Bears. My roommates deserve them for putting up with me for two years.

EternalHearts
Send a message via AIM to EternalHearts Send a message via Yahoo to EternalHearts
  • Challenge EternalHearts in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 05:28 PM

The best gift I'm giving is a toss-up between a Patriots jersey for my girlfriend, or a hollow Lord of the Rings book to my uncle.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
  • Challenge Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 05:40 PM

The TouchCube for today. I bought a laptop online but it said it wouldn't arrive until sometime before February first! D;

Mercury Lamp
  • Challenge Mercury Lamp in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 05:43 PM

The best present I'm giving away is my love for my fiance. 83?

katyasha
  • Challenge katyasha in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 05:45 PM

I got for my mom a book from neil gaiman's sandman, a CD for my bro, and a LOTR's sword for my dad

`Apple
  • Challenge `Apple in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 05:50 PM

The best gift.. hmmm.

well i would say it is the gift that my sister bough for our parents. that i am pitching in on.

We got them something that they needed to change.
for our mom we got here a watch that had diamonds on it , my sister said it was mother of pearls and this watch is eco so it recharges when it is exposed to sunlight, which means there is no need to change the battery

for our dad, we got him a new shaver. he just explained the problems of his old one.

i'm glad my parents like their gift. both realistic gifts that will be used for another few many years untill it dies.

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 07:00 PM

I'm mentioned my brother, but I wanted to mention also my mom. She once said she never had a teddy bear and that was something she always wanted...so simple. So I found the softest, silkiest bear I could find and got that to her for Christmas, among other things.

mooglebunny
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 12-25-2009, 07:03 PM

When my Aunt finally gets better, I'm giving her a card from her dog. I found it yesterday and it was so silly that I had to buy it.

I think she'll like it though. xD

pinkii
  • Challenge pinkii in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 01:47 AM

The best gift I have given for Xmas was an iPod for my boyfriend. It came preloaded with our favorite songs and an 'I love you message'. <3

Lore
  • Challenge Lore in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 02:04 AM

I made a lot of my gifts this Christmas this year, so I was really excited to give out all of them.

I made a homemade bath scrub for my boyfriend's overstressed grandma, hand poured, scented and colored candles put into collectible, antique tea cups for their house a collective gift, a scarf that I knitted for my boyfriend ( learned him to knit just for this gift! ) and I made dry butterfinger cookie crunch and cinnamon apple pancake mix in pretty jars for my boyfriend's aunt and uncle.

They're not particularly large or amazing gifts, but I hope the liked them.

nike13
  • Challenge nike13 in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 02:46 AM

I think the best present I gave out this year was to my husband ^^ We just got married a few weeks ago and there was this stand mixer that we had registered for that no one got so I bought that and a few other stuff for our kitchen. I know it sounds weird but he loves to cook and was really hoping someone would get us the mixer.

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 02:48 AM

@moogle - I love what your doing with sending a card from her dog. That is a really sweet thing to do for someone :)

@lore - homemade gifts are the best :) Some that I gave this year were also homemade.

@nike - that is really neat that your husband likes to cook. by the way, I love your outfit, it fits the season and the weather outside very nicely :)

ThyFaerieQueen
  • Challenge ThyFaerieQueen in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 03:22 AM

I think my best present this year was Gigi, my Toshiba laptop, and my Alice in Wonderland Red Queen bag. They're both badass. :D

Yeah
  • Challenge Yeah in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 03:58 AM

We got our daughter a laptop, I think that qualifies as the best gift this year.

Akuma-hime
  • Challenge Akuma-hime in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 06:13 AM

well this is my second year not giving gifts because we cant really afford the gifts that i want to give and something small will break or be easily forgotten. but when i do give gifts i always take my time and find something they like or will keep for more than 5 mins. It makes you feel good when you open a present and see their face of delight

Robard
  • Challenge Robard in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 06:26 AM

I haven't actually gotten anyone anything yet. n_n;;
I know they aren't very useful, but I was thinking of making my friends some needle-felted sculptures. Cute little animals, or perhaps some Dr Who monsters.

Tags