• Join Us

stephstar101
  • Challenge stephstar101 in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 05:29 PM

i luve the two sided wrapping papers, each side has an awesome design :3 and u only hav to buy one roll to get 2 designs!

EternalHearts
Send a message via AIM to EternalHearts Send a message via Yahoo to EternalHearts
  • Challenge EternalHearts in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 05:32 PM

My brother always used the comics from the newspaper and duct tape or electrical tape. Eventually, it became a lot more tape than paper and we needed knives to get into our gifts.

@Wynna, that's a really adorable idea, I like it!!

Cherish
  • Challenge Cherish in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 06:17 PM

I like to make my own wrapping paper.
I just wrap it in plain paper of any colour (but preferably not white) then decorate it myself, either by drawing or adding glitter and things like that.

But I only do it for maybe one or two presents, as it takes too long to do it for all of them.

4nj3L
  • Challenge 4nj3L in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 06:27 PM

Oh that's a tough one. I think there was this one I used a few years ago that I bought from a Chinese store that I believe had a Saniro character depicted on it (well actually I bought two, but that's besides the point). I can't remember who the character was (not Hello Kitty), but it was the character sitting a toliet lwearing a shocked expression repeated on a yellow and orange. XD I think there was a catch phrase too, but overall it just made me smile. I need to go visit that store if I can remember which Chinese mall it was in. >_<

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 06:42 PM

I take back my previous answer, the best wrapping paper is a walmart shopping bag :) Mom's favorite ;) Actually this year she just bought a pile of stockings and put everything in those and handed them out...

Nekuyo
Send a message via MSN to Nekuyo Send a message via Yahoo to Nekuyo
  • Challenge Nekuyo in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 06:47 PM

I like just the plain ones that are shiny foil type gold, red, or green.

pinkii
  • Challenge pinkii in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 01:30 AM

My favorite wrapping paper was glittery and sparkly owo
I loved it! I wanted to keep it and use it for something else xD -I love shiny things ;w;-

Lore
  • Challenge Lore in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 01:32 AM

I haven't used any notably cool wrapping paper lately. But for what it's worth, I DID have to make a strange, triangular box to put a weird shaped gift in this Christmas.

But for some cool, or at least quirky wrapping paper, I saw some at the dollar tree that was like.. candy princess pink, had white fluffy cats wearing sunglasses and sparklies on it.

babykabukibrushes
  • Challenge babykabukibrushes in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 02:11 AM

I like to use the colored comic strips to wrap gifts with.

Lilith W
  • Challenge Lilith W in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 02:13 AM

I've used everything; tin foil, newspaper, pages from coloring books, comic books, fabric.

My favorite was the coloring pages. I printed them off online, colored them myself, taped them together and wrapped the presents. It was really cool because I actually wrapped a homemade coloring book.

I just used store bought paper this year though.

purple_artemis00
  • Challenge purple_artemis00 in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 02:15 AM

I always co-ordinate all the presents I give and wrap them crazy beautiful! I'm anal about making sure the presents are Bendels-perfect!

ThyFaerieQueen
  • Challenge ThyFaerieQueen in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 03:23 AM

I think the best wrapping paper I have ever seen was pink with swirls on it.

Tigermirage
  • Challenge Tigermirage in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 09:19 AM

The best paper i ever used was the brown parcel paper that the kids rolled out on the floor and spent the afternoon coloring and decorating it with pictures and stickers and anything else they could get their hands on. Everyone who got a present wrapped with it loved it and hoped the kids would do it again!

Caroline
  • Challenge Caroline in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 10:20 AM

I don't wrap presents anymore. Lazy, never been too festive, plus I suck at wrapping things. This year, my friends got their presents (ugly holiday sweaters) out of plastic bags, and my dad got his tea set out of the box it was shipped in. lol.

I think the best "wrapping" I've seen was when my friend got a giant Crockpot box. We were all like, "what???" He opened it up, and it was full of 40s.

Erailea
  • Challenge Erailea in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 03:29 PM

My grandmother likes to use thick, sturdy, two sided wrapping paper that's really pretty.

I just use whatever is in the house XD Usually that's dollar store flimsy paper, but who cares. It takes two seconds to unwrap a present and the patters are usually appealing enough.

Elleyena Rose
  • Challenge Elleyena Rose in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 05:26 PM

heh, I've used bubble wrap as wrapping paper before. That was fun. I was very tempted to use bubblewrap and duct tape, but I'm not sure how that would go over with the giftee XD

Guivre
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 12-26-2009, 07:12 PM

About 10 years ago I could still wander around and find old drugstores that had wrapping paper from the 70's that they had never quite cleared out. That stuff was fun if you are a big fan of kitsch and cute. =D

Otherwise, I'm not picky, but I think the stuff you buy in the packs rather than on the rolls is a bit better to work with. What I really liked doing was folding these great, seamless lifesized origami wallets to put gift certificates in. They weren't really complex, but they started out using one whole sheet of wrapping paper, for some reason, that size was perfect. Nowadays, in the era of gift cards, that just doesn't work. ._.

I'm going to read through this thread for fun ideas for the future. =D

Chalkboard
  • Challenge Chalkboard in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 09:30 PM

The best wrapping paper I've ever used is paper I'd drawn on myself... it rocked! The best wrapping paper I've ever gotten was for my birthday, a bag covered in shiny, rainbow-seizure-inducing HAPPY BIRTHDAY letters and stripes. :D

nummykiwi
  • Challenge nummykiwi in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 11:27 PM

the sunday comics form the past month... all perfectly readable! it was soo cool!

stephstar101
  • Challenge stephstar101 in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 11:30 PM

O.o stockings remind me of pantihose...

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
  • Challenge Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 11:40 PM

I don't recall wrapping paper I remember. This year we used this red paper with cute snowflakes and penguins on it. :B

DizzieDummie

Old 12-26-2009, 11:45 PM

lol, I love wrapping things in non-traditional wrapping material just for fun :'D

i've tried wrapping stuff in toilet paper, then tissue, then tape
plastic/clear tape/plastic/clear tape (you couldn't tell the layers apart cuz they looked the same and it would fustrate the giftee :'D)
and i've stuck some clothes into big envelopes too and then drew on them C:

Angelic_Glowbear
  • Challenge Angelic_Glowbear in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 PM

Well there was this one that I actually used this year that had penguins on it, and it was all blue and pretty. loved it!

Chalkboard
  • Challenge Chalkboard in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 05:20 PM

@DizzieDummie: The clothes-in-envelopes thing sounds so cool. XD

I remember for one person's birthday I put their presents into a wooden box and decorated it as a present so they get to keep both the presents AND the wrapping =D and I always draw and colour in a card for them, I never buy cards.

Yaleni
  • Challenge Yaleni in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 08:07 PM

I find most commercial holiday wrapping paper really boring, but I'm very lazy so I normally end up using that. xD When I'm feeling a little more motivated, though, I get some cheap acrylic paints and a roll of cheap newsprint, and mutilate some potatoes into festive shapes. I dunk the potatoes into the paint and shove them all over the paper, and sometimes it doesn't look half-bad. One year I got REALLY creative - or went overboard, I'm sure both are fair to say - and cut little snowflakes out of paper to use for gift tags. That year felt pretty awesome. xD

Best paper I've recieved a gift wrapped in, someone had used the comics section of the newspaper. I loved it. x3