• Join Us

Sev en Ester
  • Challenge Sev en Ester in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 01:59 AM

Share holiday catastrophes and joys!

My fondest memory is when my older brother came running into MY room to wake ME up at 6 in the morning and I'm just like 'Fine. Whatever.' Now days he's slower than a brick...

Best memory that I DON'T remember...A 4 year-old me wakes up my parents and tell them the cat knocked over the tree and them not believing me until they see it for themselves xD

So, what about y'all?

Demoncat
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat
  • Challenge Demoncat in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:17 AM

My funniest memory is when one year I was SUPER tired because we did a lot of random stuff on christmas eve, and I didn't wake up untill 9 AM and my parents were waking me up. Its just funny to me since I always wake up at like 6 AM. XD

One year I got something I REALLY wanted so I just stared at it wide eyed and my parents were just like O.o since I was so speechless. XD

Sev en Ester

Old 12-25-2009, 02:30 AM

Lol, sounds like fun :3

shinjuuchan
  • Challenge shinjuuchan in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:31 AM

One of the funniest memories in my holidays past... Hmm... I'd have to say when my grandpa got my mom toilet paper for xmas! He wrapped it and everything, and then proceeded to laugh about how "You aren't gonna run out now!". lol

Ananas à Pois
  • Challenge Ananas à Pois in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:38 AM

I don't think I actually have a best holiday memory...

One of my favorites I think was last year when my boyfriend gave me a present for Hanukkah, it was a shirt that he made with "Ducky" written across the back of it. Just because I asked what he was getting me for Hanukkah and I mentioned I wanted a shirt that said "duck" on it. Not at the same time. It was sweet. n_n; lol

I also miss ever Christmas that I had a Christmas tree. I miss having one. n_n

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:49 AM

Lol, well my best memory was back in second grade. My twin bro and I decorated our house for Christmas since our mom wasn't well. I remember looking down the basement with the lights off and being memorized by the beauty of the colored lights leading down there.

The worst Christmas was that same year since it was the first and only time I wasn't with family for Christmas. I was so homesick it wasn't funny, but then we managed to move back :)

Lady Luck Infinity
  • Challenge Lady Luck Infinity in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 07:26 AM

My boyfriend mailed me a box of herseys kisses with some jewelry this year. It was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me and i'll remember it long after I eat the last chocolate kiss.

Kyle
  • Challenge Kyle in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 07:52 AM

christmas with my whole family when i still had my step brother and step sister, they were so cute waking up in the morning wanting to open their presents, i miss them, they made christmas a million times better :3

Wicked
  • Challenge Wicked in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 12:02 PM

I don't know if it's the BEST but it is one that sticks out in my memory.
Not sure how old I was four, five something like that. I was wearing a black velvet dress, white stockings and super shiny black dressy shoes. When I would twirl around the dress would float around me.

My brother, older by four years used to pick on me a LOT and he was at it again. He was bullying me and wrestled me down to the ground and suddenly one of those shiny, shiny shoes kicked him right in the nose. I remember being shocked and pleased and then shocked at my pleasure.

Ooh I've got another one.

It was Thanksgiving and one of the few years where the WHOLE family was present and accounted for.
My brother was off playing video games and I was sent to fetch him. Dinner was ready. Being an annoying little thing..
I went in and chirped, "Rob. ROBBIE. Rawb. Rah-Bee. Dinner's ready. RAWB!!" until character died.
He hissed "..thanks a lot ass hole" and I fled the room and went to tell on him.

Rob said a bad word, MOM oh my gosh you won't believe what he said. Dad? No one cared.
It upset me and my grandma saw this. "Oh, honey what did he say" well of course I couldn't tell her! It was a BAD word. We went back and forth on this until she gave me one free pass to say that word. I still didn't want to but she HAD to know what he said. So I took a deep breath and said "Well. It was the word that comes after ASS" the whole family stared. Then burst out laughing, "You mean HOLE??" and I was horrified that they would all say the word hole so casually. All day long they would pepper their conversations with the word hole, just so I would cover my ears and look at them in terror.

The Enchanted Tiara
  • Challenge The Enchanted Tiara in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 02:53 PM

XD OMG, Wicked, I laughed so hard at your memories.

Mine would be when I was 11 years old. I made this list of things I wanted for Christmas and I woke-up and went downstairs and we had two couches in the living room. One had mine name on it and the other had my brother's and they were both piled with toys on them. I got everything I wanted and more. None of them were wrapped and I remember just going down and being greeted by a whole couch full of amazing things.

CuddlyQuiche
  • Challenge CuddlyQuiche in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 04:03 PM

Best Christmas Memory is me (being the eldest sister) going around the rooms to wake up my younger brothers. When they groaned and grumbled, I told them I'd steal their stockings that Santa gave them and they chased me out of their rooms in hot pursuit of me with their christmas stockings and ran straight into my mom who was outside her room with a devil look on her face and she pointed to our rooms and in a really evil voice told us to go back to bed. We stayed in our rooms too scared to get up till 10am.

Best Christmas Memory I don't remember. Running into my mom's room to wake her up and tell her that santa broke all my chocolates! And he left a note to say sorry! I was really upset because I apparently thought Santa hated me and stood on them on purpose.

Sev en Ester

Old 12-25-2009, 05:57 PM

xD It would be terrible to think Santa hated you. My parents felt my bro and I were a little les behaved than we should be one year, and gave us a sack of coal-like gum in our stockings. We were horrified back then...

Cherish
  • Challenge Cherish in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 06:10 PM

Hmmm... it's tough to pick just one.
Probably one year when I was little, and I actually slept in, because I'd been up so late the night before. My mum couldn't wait any longer for me to wake up, so she woke me up and waved my stocking under my face. It had a doll in the top with a huge pretty dress, that my mum had arranged to kind of flow over the top and sides of the stocking.
I was still half-asleep, but so shocked that I forced my eyes wide open like 0_0

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 06:48 PM

New favorite...I'm staying at my brother's house for Christmas and sleeping out on the couch. I was settled in and pretty much fast asleep when I vaguely remember him bringing in an extra blanket and laying it on top of me :) I get cold easily so it felt good to know he was trying to be thoughtful :) I really appreciated it at anyrate :)

Sev en Ester

Old 12-25-2009, 06:53 PM

;_; so cuuuuuute

Explosion On Contact
  • Challenge Explosion On Contact in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 08:44 PM

Trying to stay up all night to catch a glimpse of Santa!
I always tried every year when I was younger. ^^
I just couldn't do it, though! xD

captain mophydra
  • Challenge captain mophydra in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 09:25 PM

my sweetest memory is when my family and i went holiday to Malaysia .. .. btw , that the first time we go for a holiday outside of my country .. .. we had so much fun there...

Anna_Crackers
  • Challenge Anna_Crackers in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 09:27 PM

I've had fun on all my holidays. My fondest memory would probably be when my grandpa died near CHristmas, and we visited the house for the funeral. After the funeral it snowed, which was rare for the area, and we had a white christmas.

This year we had a scare, my grandfather had a stroke last night (Christmas night), our family still needs to go and visit him. Poor guy.

ObsidianRose
  • Challenge ObsidianRose in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 10:41 PM

My best holiday memory was when we first got our christmas tree. We bought a lot of ornaments, decorated the tree together and it felt like christmas for the first time ever. Very sweet.

Pulla
  • Challenge Pulla in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev en Ester View Post

My fondest memory is when my older brother came running into MY room to wake ME up at 6 in the morning and I'm just like 'Fine. Whatever.' Now days he's slower than a brick...

Best memory that I DON'T remember...A 4 year-old me wakes up my parents and tell them the cat knocked over the tree and them not believing me until they see it for themselves xD
That's so cute xDD

My best memories are from Lapland..When I was a kid, sometimes many of my motherside relatives spend the christmas together in Lapland in their childhood home/grandma's house. The house is old and the nature is so gorgeous in Lapland..reindeers and stuff too. <3 I also got to play with my best friend and cousin the whole holiday, which was the best >w<

Anna_Crackers: I hope your grandfather gets better! How wierd that all those things happen in chirstmas time for you. :/

Sev en Ester

Old 12-27-2009, 06:29 AM

@Anna_Crackers - Your grandparents don't have very good Christmas luck ;_; Hope your Grandfather's okay!

@Pulla - Sounds like a Christmas Wonderland :3

Akuma-hime
  • Challenge Akuma-hime in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 06:51 AM

back when i was young and all the family gathered and me and my cousin would compete who got the most presents and the best one too.

Bunai
  • Challenge Bunai in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 07:11 AM

Playing "Tinsel Battle" with my brother, over one of the heaters

Arechi

Old 12-31-2009, 07:15 AM

Mine was probably the times I watched my mother try and prepare the Christmas feast. It usually ended in cursing turkeys. XD Although it does rival with my grandmother who use to make Candy Cane Bread for my sister and I every year when she was able to.

bloodstainedwings

• Challenge bloodstainedwings in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 01:14 PM

when i was little, my nonno dressed up as santa clause and his accent is really thick right? so we are all waiting and my nonno comes out and is all "a oh a oh a oh, merry christamas" we were laughing so hard because at that moment we knew it was him. my dad tried to cover it up by saying that he just finished his run to italy and came streight here. what a terrible cover. it was so funny.

either that or in july, my brother wanted tit o be christmas so badly, he dressed up as santa, and walked around the house with the garbage bag throwing garbage everywhere and singing carols. he was 4.