• Join Us

darkwingedfaerie
  • Challenge darkwingedfaerie in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 02:18 AM

Last year, my entire family didn't get me anything. It wasn't like this year (we didn't have money for gifts)...They just plain didn't. My sister's boyfriend got me candycanes because my sister told him that's what I wanted. :-/

jessieomer
  • Challenge jessieomer in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 AM

I think my letdown has spanned two years actually. I mean the presents are okay enough, its just the fashion they were given to me in.

Ever since my dad started dating a hoebag. I honestly do hate her, he never bothered to wrap our presents. For two years I never got to unwrap my presents. And on the third year, not only were they unwrapped, he threw them at me D:<.

And then he broke up with the hoebag like a week later and said I was making his life a living hell.

I'm just thinking wtf?! Now that is a letdown -nods-

Lore
  • Challenge Lore in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 02:38 AM

My biggest let down was this year.

A week before Christmas, my mom was completely crazy and had to be put in a mental hospital for close watch. I've had very little food and no money to get by on since then and since she got back on Christmas Eve, but I tried to stay positive.

This year was supposed to be my big first Christmas with my boyfriend, and I was really excited about it. I put a lot of thought, time and effort into the gifts I got his family. I even made most of them by hand and was really proud of the quality of them.

.. Out of all of the gifts I gave to everyone, I only got one sweater from them. The worst part? One of them cared so little about my gift that they just left it there and didn't bother to take it home.

To make the day even gloomier, my boyfriend's cousin that lives with him is dying of cancer and his girlfriend broke up with him after opening a mountain of gifts from the family.

.. I'm a little bitter, to be honest. Not even my friends that I got gifts for bothered to get me anything either.

u_u;

fuyumi_saito
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito
  • Challenge fuyumi_saito in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 04:37 AM

Well..it's not that anything horrible has happened..but yeah I've had simple things, like my mom buying me things I didn't ask for/want, or giving me gifts like video games that I have to share with my little brother, when I was the only one that asked for it. Then there is the whole hardly ever getting what I want. I would get girly things..I mean..I guess I have boyish tastes..but is it really so bad that I wanted a beyblade too? My brothers had ones, and one of them didn't even like beyblade. It was really not fair. then she would get me things like clothes I would never like, that she herself likes..like stuff.. that's just so..not me. Last year was a total let down, but I don't want to talk about that.

This is actually the first year I've actually gotten what I wanted. well..except for the bible cd my mom just had to add to my presents. Always something religious. No one else got bible stuff. I mean, just because I think gay people should be able to marry/adopt, that means I need religion shoved down my throat? but yeah.. she always does stuff like that. it's like every christmas/birthday I get a new self-help christian book. which I think I've only read one. I mean, seriously a waste of money. I'm not some hellion. Come on T_T.. but other than that, she listened to me this time, got me slippers, a mic for my computer, and a hair straightener. So I'm happy with that. She also says she's giving me money, but she might forget.

Another thing that bothers me, is that most of my relatives act wkward around me. I mean.. idk what my mom has said about me. "Oh, she's hanging out with all these homosexuals...blah blah." and the only people in the family that talked to me at the gathering were my aunt, my little cousin whos 3, and my grandparents.

There's also the whole thing with my step dad, saying a mean thing to me whenever he's around me -_-' I really want to leave because of that, but I have only one more week till my friends get back..

I've had good times though too, so don't get me wrong. The major things this year is really just my step dad saying mean things. That's really just the most bothersome thing.

BlueEyedWallflower
  • Challenge BlueEyedWallflower in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 06:11 AM

I am a generally depressed and unsatisfied person. Holiday anticipation keeps me going for most of the year. It makes me feel hopeful and excited. I prepare with decorations, dressing up my many avatars on several sites, making music playlists and watching appropriately themed holiday movies. Then the holiday comes, and it's not as great as I want it to be. I'm so into it, but other people seem not to be. Halloween is less fun at age 18. People look at you like you're insane and/or selfish to go trick-or-treating. And even if you go out of your way to dress up! Also, everything just become about dressing trampy or getting a store-bought costume. No one I know wants to plan it out like I do. Christmas was just, bleh. I'm not even talking about the gifts. Those were great, and I got a lot. It just seemed like it wasn't really happening. I felt like I was in my own little world. I hate turkey and ham, and my mom made us ALL say grace. I'm a commercialized celebrator of Christmas. I am not a Christian. Plus, my fiance had to spend the holiday with his brother and grammaw. I hate holidays and the aftermath.

KittehMEW
  • Challenge KittehMEW in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 05:23 PM

Oh wow, I feel kind of greedy and like a jerk to think this Christmas was awful, compared to some of the stories I've read...

But this year was likely the worst Christmas for me, considering everything. It started Thanksgiving, when I got into a huge fight with my family, and thus had not talked to them since. Then it got close to Christmas, and I had to work on the 24th, until 6pm, and my family wasn't willing to wait two hours for me, to eat, so they basically had the party without me. I went there, picked up the little bit of food that was left, they didn't even put anything aside, and they didn't make my cheesy potatoes because I wasn't there. Then we just opened our gifts, me and my sister, that night... and I got a lot, I mean, that was no problem, I got my new DSi, and stuff, but I hate that my mother always buys us nice stuff on Christmas to make up for all the stuff she does during the year. It's always been that way though.

Then now she's out of money, and borrowing from me to pay bills and stuff, because she bought her BF's children a ton of gifts, when her and her BF are not even getting along. They're still sitting under our tree...

Lore
  • Challenge Lore in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 05:48 PM

I think it's safe to say a lot of us had a really rough time this year. >:

Hugs for everyone! Hopefully 2010 is better.

II-PixehStick-II
  • Challenge II-PixehStick-II in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 PM

that sucks D:
my xmas was good :o

hirokotan
  • Challenge hirokotan in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 11:52 PM

My birthday is the sixteenth of December. Back when I was turning sixteen, I ended up getting a BAD case of the stomach flu right before my birthday. We'd already planned the party, so we ended up sticking with the plan. Unfortunately, the plan was to go to this really nice all-you-can-eat buffet. I ended up just being able to choke down a little bit of broth.

Of course, while the bug only lasted for four days, I was still feeling ill during Christmas. By that point I'd lost thirty pounds in all, and I know I looked like a complete wreck. And I was still feeling vaguely nauseous and could only really handle cup ramen.

So what happens? My uncle brings this GORGEOUS triple-chocolate cake with him when he comes to visit for Christmas. Just the sight of it made me feel ill, but I still wanted it so bad! It was horrible.

So, whenever I think I'm having a bad birthday or holiday or even WEEK, I just think back on that time and realize it could be so much worse.

Torrinne
  • Challenge Torrinne in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 AM

Probably the most disappointing Christmas was my first one as a college student. I had asked my mother for cooking supplies, because I had been using the kitchen in my dorm a lot and there were very few dishes there. Instead, I got a printer. I get way more printing as part of my tuition than I can ever use. I don't even use the printer anymore, because it costs close to $150 to put new ink in the thing, which I can't afford. Now I have my own apartment, and bought my own cookware for it.

Itsumou
  • Challenge Itsumou in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 12:14 AM

My mother does something that irks on my nerves a little bit. I'm not much of one for surprises, so every year I bounce things I want off her. And every year, she picks one of the things that I remind her that I really, really want... and she gives it to someone else. She denies it, of course. It was only a little bit annoying at first, but when she bought a Nintendo DS and gave it to my Dad a few years back, I was furious. It wasn't the object, really- it was just the fact that I knew he didn't want it, and that I had been asking for it for months. It seemed just like spite.
Now I think she just likes to shaft me. It's left sort of a bitter taste in my mouth every year, because I know it's going to happen again. And it did.

Feral Fantom
Send a message via AIM to Feral Fantom Send a message via MSN to Feral Fantom
  • Challenge Feral Fantom in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 01:55 AM

My aunt and uncle usually come down for christmas but they couldn't make it this year because their car got stuck in the snow and they screwed up their transmission. :/

LunarShinobi
  • Challenge LunarShinobi in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 02:26 AM

Ugh. Well, I'm normally with my mom's parents, and I don't usually stay with my mother for Christmas. This year, I did. My mother made me go with her to my step-father's parent's house. The second I was in there, everything was really awkward. It got more show when we did the gifting. My mother gave me two gifts, and I got one from my step-grandparents. My sister had so many gifts, the corner of the couch was covered to the point where I had to scoot over. To make things worse, my brother began throwing a fit, and we had to leave and go back home.

I was happier when we went back to my mother's house, and not surrounded by strange non-relatives.

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 02:47 AM

I remember one year I got a certificate for a playhouse of my own from santa, but I didn't get the thing until July.

amyrex2
  • Challenge amyrex2 in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:10 AM

I got a new netbook and NOTHING is transfering over to it. NO games, NO tool, not happiness. I wanted a dell, but my husband didn't like it being vista, which I was using before the upgrade, and now I have windows 7 and am ready to cry,

Not really a drama letdown, but certainly a really bad one for me. Next upgrade I will insist on a dell.

Bandit of Love
  • Challenge Bandit of Love in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:10 AM

This Christmas I asked for a couple of big gifts from my dad such as a External Hard Drive and the Twilight Saga books, but end the end my step mom's mother got it all for me....it was kind of a let down because then it left nothing for my dad to get me, and opening gifts with my other siblings/step-siblings really sucked.

katkitoshi
  • Challenge katkitoshi in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:28 AM

Hmmm... my Holiday Letdown had to be... it was a few years ago. My brother and I were in our teens already, maybe 14 or so, and our parents didn't have much money to get us gifts. It wasn't too bad though I must admit. They gave my brother and I enough money for us to buy one gift each. We each bought a video game lol. So sure, we didn't get the mountain of gifts we used to get as children, but luckily my brother and I, despite that, weren't spoiled kids. We understood that our family was going through a rough time and money wasn't coming in like it used to. But we were happy with what we got lol. We played the heck out of those games XD that's for sure! LoL.

So, I guess it really wasn't that much of a let down. Though now that I remember, there was one year were seriously we didn't do anything. We put up like... one or two lights and that was it XD. No gifts, no dinner no nothing. It was pretty depressing @_@. But it was ok I guess. We just took a lazy day ^_^

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
  • Challenge XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:36 PM

Awe, that sucks...*hugs* I hope next year is better for you.

neko xoxox
  • Challenge neko xoxox in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 05:59 AM

i have never really asked for one specific thing, just what seems like something i would like :) it usually works out well

Hayzel
Send a message via AIM to Hayzel Send a message via MSN to Hayzel
  • Challenge Hayzel in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 06:37 AM

We were supposed to go to a Japanese restaurant that's a family favorite but they closed!! =(

Leye
  • Challenge Leye in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 08:56 PM

This year the day after christmas four girls on our basketball team were hit by a car. Two died, and the other two are in the hospital.

William
  • Challenge William in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:25 PM

My holiday's been okay, actually, I hope it stays that way! Apart from a week without my girlfriend, but that's minor so I'm not really unhappy about it. I hope the rest of you feel better =(

TECHNOlogic ANDROID
  • Challenge TECHNOlogic ANDROID in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:31 AM

Well......Nobody let me down.

Erailea
  • Challenge Erailea in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:01 AM

My Christmas was pretty good. My baby niece was up at the house and she was healthy and happy, which was a relief because she was a day short of a month old on Christmas and for the first 2 weeks of her life she was mostly in hospitals. So having her health made the day a good one in and of itself

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX
  • Challenge Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leye View Post
This year the day after christmas four girls on our basketball team were hit by a car. Two died, and the other two are in the hospital.
Awww...that's so sad. T_T
At least they got their presents, right?

I never really remember my Christmases... Santa wipes my memory. >.>
My worst probably was when I learned that Santa doesn't exist. D:

Tags