• Join Us

Lore
  • Challenge Lore in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 01:27 AM

Partying. Drinking. A quiet night at home with family. Sleeping through it. Hoarding items on your favorite site of choice.

They're all pretty good options depending on who you are, and there's always more options too.

As for me? I'm going out of town with my boyfriend for a couple of days. :heart: We've both had a really hectic year and we plan on starting our new year together completely away from everything but each other. We might have a small drink or two to kick off the year, but mostly it'll just be enjoying our time together. cx Sounds romantic, doesn't it?

So, what are you guys doing to usher in the new year?

Quixotic
  • Challenge Quixotic in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 02:05 AM

I never really celebrate the New Year, but this year I'm going over to a friend's house a few days before and I think that's as close as I'll get to celebrating. xD

Your New Year sounds like it will be really nice. I hope you two have a good time.

JessiFlakes
  • Challenge JessiFlakes in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 02:43 AM

I'm a little disappointed: My boyfriend and I won't be together this year. >: His mother decided on certain holidays he isn't allowed to see me. Even though he's 18. =/

So, I was thinking of finding a friend to go with me to First Night in Worcester. If not, I'll be staying home and drinking with my Aunt. And on Mene, of course. xP And watch the ball drop, probably.

akinmytua
  • Challenge akinmytua in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 02:47 AM

My family (mostly my mother) likes to have a party every new years. We normally deep fry stuff and have punch. It's an adult and kid party so we have punch for the kids and mixed drinks for the adults. It's pretty relaxed, and no, we don't give champagne to the kids. Recently we started playing DDR every year. It's been a big hit. Especially when the adults get drunk enough to join in :D

We have a ton of noise blowers that we blow at midnight. Every T.V. is the house is turned on, and we listen to the countdown. It's funny when once t.v. is slower then the other. "Ten (ten) NINE (nine)..."

and lots of food

I like new years more than christmas, even if I don't get presents.

Le Phantastique
  • Challenge Le Phantastique in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 03:07 AM

Well I am in Colombia with my family and am having a wonderful time. I hadnt seen them in five years, except for my aunt who has a visa. Its great!

blitzy
  • Challenge blitzy in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 03:20 AM

I'll probably just hang around the house with my family and have snacks and drinks and watch different New Years specials on tv. Then watch the local fireworks.

Unless my friends are doing something then, I might go to one of their places and do pretty much the same thing at their homes. But I don't thimk any of my friends are around right now, they are all out travelling.

Akuma-hime
  • Challenge Akuma-hime in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 03:36 AM

We just celebrate in family. stay up until 12 then just pretty much go home.

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 03:42 AM

Getting some chinese food is my plan, I have no intention of going out with all the crazies about.

fuyumi_saito
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito
  • Challenge fuyumi_saito in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 03:43 AM

To be honest, I'm not celebrating it at all. I'm making resolutions, but other than that I'll probably be asleep before midnight..Or I'll be online here on menewsha. lol.

KageShio
  • Challenge KageShio in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 03:49 AM

My friends and I are planning a big party. It has become a tradition. I am the chef and bartender so I'll have my hands full but it will be fun and worth it. We always have a Asian menu planned and this year I'm making fresh mixed drinks for all! (except me, I'll stick to my rum XD )

nike13
  • Challenge nike13 in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 04:04 AM

We're going over to a friend's house to just play games and drink ^_^ I'm bringing shot glasses this year.

Skrae
Send a message via AIM to Skrae Send a message via Yahoo to Skrae
  • Challenge Skrae in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 04:47 AM

I still don't know..
Kind of don't want to go to any parties, but have been invited to two.
:(

I really just want to spend the night with just me and my boyfriend, with some movies and champagne...

Synthetika
  • Challenge Synthetika in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 04:54 AM

I will probably be sleeping through it after this lame christmas i dont know if new years will be any better.... im just gonna go to sleep and wake up to a fresh start... im gonna work hard on fullfilling my resolutions, and hope I have a good time (since i will be turning 21 in june) im not one to party though so that might not be exciting either... i dont know hopefully it will be fun i just need to get over my heartbreak first but thats going to take a while...

Twisted Insanity
  • Challenge Twisted Insanity in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 06:00 AM

I'm not really sure. I'll probably just have a small party with my cousins and we'll be hyped up on sugar and stay up 'til 5 am or something. :/

Fire Cat
  • Challenge Fire Cat in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 06:03 AM

Probably stay up until midnight and watch the ball drop on tv, drink and then listen to loud techno for a bit.

Then sleep.

babykabukibrushes
  • Challenge babykabukibrushes in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 06:11 AM

I think I'll just spend a quiet night at home watching tv. I don't drink and I don't like being around people that just get drunk. It's not safe driving home.

Tigermirage
  • Challenge Tigermirage in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 06:32 AM

We are gonna get some munchies, rent some movies and just relax and ring in the new year together as a family. Nice, easy and quiet!

pinkii
  • Challenge pinkii in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 07:14 AM

I'm still debating whether or not to spend New Year's Eve with my family. The thing is, its always been a family event in my household so I was never aloud to go out and see friends that night.
But my parents realized that my brother and I adults and that we would want to go to other New Years parties. So I may go to a friend's New Years party and crash at my boyfriends that night, that is if I don't feel guilty of neglecting my parents ^^;

Katurine
  • Challenge Katurine in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 11:47 AM

Well, my friends and I are going to this one goth party hosted by friends of ours. :3

Ambi Kay
Send a message via Yahoo to Ambi Kay
  • Challenge Ambi Kay in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndroid View Post
Getting some chinese food is my plan, I have no intention of going out with all the crazies about.
This is exactly what I'm doing, only I'll be writing to my pen pals as well.
I want to be able to say I sealed all the letters in the first moments of the new year.

Angelic_Glowbear
  • Challenge Angelic_Glowbear in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 02:31 PM

no clue yet xD

Akstar
  • Challenge Akstar in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 03:23 PM

Not exactly sure how well it will go but on New Years Eve normally is just mom and I just staying home and watching a marathon of some sort which ever show happens to have one that day.

This year I spend it with not only those of my school that came but also with students from two different state high schools in the hotel to celebrate it, I know there are going to be some sugar highs.

Yeah
  • Challenge Yeah in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 PM

I'll probably be right here at home doing the same thing I do any other night, nothing.

Mobsy
  • Challenge Mobsy in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 07:43 PM

I'm going to my Grandmother's house on New Year's eve.. :] And then I get to dance and boogie all night on New year's ..Midnight?

Itsumou
  • Challenge Itsumou in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Usually, I sit at home on the couch, waiting for the clock to roll over so I can say something meaningful as the first thing I've said that year. It's ironic, because later, I never remember what I said. This year, though, it looks like I'll be going to a party, maybe, which will actually only be (I think) the second new year's party I've ever gone to- the first good one, since the other one I went to I went to with my parents, and you know how that is. I was like, six, and I spent most of the time sitting underneath the table, eating cashews and those little sausage/hotdog things that are always so delicious. Shit, I love those.