• Join Us

LunarShinobi
  • Challenge LunarShinobi in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 11:19 PM

What type of food do you eat during the Holidays?

At my house there are dozens upon dozens of tamales. We have some of the ones we froze cooking right now. <3 I'm so excited. I love tamales.

What about you guys? What's the best thing to eat?

neko xoxox
  • Challenge neko xoxox in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 11:27 PM

i think there is already a thread like this . . . but my favorite holiday food is Dutch letters, my neiborhs give us some every year as a Christmas gift they taste like almond paste

Alchemist of Anarchy
Send a message via AIM to Alchemist of Anarchy
  • Challenge Alchemist of Anarchy in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 11:45 PM

In my family it's always appetizers on Christmas eve and a big dinner on Christmas Day.

Daniel Cross wing
  • Challenge Daniel Cross wing in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 11:52 PM

For me, it's a pretty simple food, my favorite holiday food is home made mashed potatoes. The only time we make them is during the holidays.

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 11:56 PM

Lots and Lots of cake.:D

Sharl
  • Challenge Sharl in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 12:00 AM

Turkey, birthday cake (my brother and I are both December babies and Dad's birthday is in January), eggnog... hmm. Sweet potatoes are a staple, but there's only one way they've ever been put on our table that I like them. ~eww face~ Pumpkin pie is always welcome~

Tick
Send a message via AIM to Tick Send a message via MSN to Tick
  • Challenge Tick in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 AM

Eggnog is always welcome any day. <3 I hardly ever get to drink it though, so when I get the chance I tend to overdue it. That stuff is rich. >.<

Sharl
  • Challenge Sharl in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick View Post
Eggnog is always welcome any day. <3 I hardly ever get to drink it though, so when I get the chance I tend to overdue it. That stuff is rich. >.<
Oh man do I hear you there. It's so worth it, though.

purple_picklez
  • Challenge purple_picklez in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 01:45 AM

My dad made a bunch of cookies this year..

Merengue, sugar (round sprinkles and sugar crystal sprinkles), chocolate chip..

Yum!!

Alluring Siren
  • Challenge Alluring Siren in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 01:54 AM

My grandma makes a lot of snacks. But what we have every year is ham and deviled eggs! xD

TECHNOlogic ANDROID
  • Challenge TECHNOlogic ANDROID in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:00 AM

I love stuffing. YUMMY!

` B u t t e r
  • Challenge ` B u t t e r in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:59 AM

Well it all depends.
Our Thanksgivings used to consist of Glazed Ham, Stuffing/Dressing (what's the difference again?), sweet potato pie, a green stuff, lol.

But as of last year, my mom started making Cornish Hen instead.
They're so little and cute.
x D

Christmas?...I dunno. It's more of a relax with the family day.
And this year my Grandma actually barbecued.
She made some greaaaaat ribs, lol.

Tigermirage
  • Challenge Tigermirage in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 05:09 AM

We have Ham, turkey and all the fixings, pumpkin pie, lots of seafood and snacks galore. We have so much food over the holidays there is just too much to mention!

Happy New Year!!

Quixotic
  • Challenge Quixotic in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 06:43 AM

We had turkey, mashed potatoes, and ham, but I prefer the good old pizza. It's my favorite.

Erailea
  • Challenge Erailea in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Jamaican Rum Cake and Jamaican Fruitcake, both really yummy. Unlike the typical fruitcake Jamaican fruitcake is really moist and made with fruit soaked in alcohol for at least three months. The rum cake is basically a certain kind of cake doused in a rum sauce. My mum only makes them around Christmas.

marupiter
Send a message via AIM to marupiter
  • Challenge marupiter in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 PM

In my family, we just go out to eat most of the time. X]

Roxxxy
  • Challenge Roxxxy in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 12:59 AM

I looooove me some dark meat turkey! Green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, yams with brown sugar and marshmallows.. yummy! And let's not forget the desserts! Everybody loves a sugar cookie, am I right?! But my aunt makes these awesome little Russian Tea Cake cookies that are nothing short of amazing. Pumpkin pie, in my opinion, is the most perfect food. It would be my last meal if I were on death row! Except, I have to make it myself if I want it, b/c any store or restaurant will use eggs. Can't have em :(

sailor star rainbow
  • Challenge sailor star rainbow in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 02:41 AM

Each year my mom all ways buy a big ham and cook it up. with Coke,Cherry's and pineapple on it. then use the juices form the fruit with the coke to make a supra.

Renee the Rabid Squirrel
Send a message via AIM to Renee the Rabid Squirrel Send a message via Yahoo to Renee the Rabid Squirrel
  • Challenge Renee the Rabid Squirrel in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 02:53 AM

I love the 24 hour salad my mom makes. We take canned fruit - usually assorted, but this time we used just mandarins, fruit flavoured mini marshmallows, and sour cream, put it all together in a bowl and stir. Then you put the mixture in the fridge and let it sit for 24 hours so the sugars from the marshmallows and the fruit seep into the sour cream. When you serve it, it's sweet and delicious. Soemtimes people call it marshmallow salad, and there's lots of variants - some people use different fruit, some people only use white marshmallows, and I've even seen some people put coconut shredding in it, which can be kind of tasty if I'm in the mood for shredded coconut.

xnozomichanx
Send a message via AIM to xnozomichanx
  • Challenge xnozomichanx in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 03:17 AM

This year it would have to be the sweet potatoes my mother made. They were cut into these little cakes, and she put butter and brown sugar on top of them and baked them in the oven. They were heavenly. =3

Renee the Rabid Squirrel
Send a message via AIM to Renee the Rabid Squirrel Send a message via Yahoo to Renee the Rabid Squirrel
  • Challenge Renee the Rabid Squirrel in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 03:29 AM

I used to like sweet potatoes - but now the texture gets to me and I feel like I'm going to upchuck. It's really sad because my mother makes the BEST sweet potato casserole with orange juice and brown sugar.

Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie
Send a message via MSN to Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie Send a message via Yahoo to Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie
  • Challenge Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 04:03 AM

I like beef and chicken. Even rice, mash potatoes, and beans.

DexterousBane
  • Challenge DexterousBane in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 AM

We always have turkey, ham, and raviolis. We have raviolis at every family gathering! The other dishes vary, usually a couple of veggies and some sort of pie for dessert.
:yumeh2:

sjacklene

Penpal
  • Challenge sjacklene in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 07:51 AM

Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, cake, candy canes, ham, rice crispy treats, and peanut butter ball.

Yume
  • Challenge Yume in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 01:08 PM

hahaha, we make soooo much apple Streudel! <3 its so yummy, and the recipe has been in the family for GENERATIONS 8D I finally got the priveledge to learn it this year, huzzah! :]