• Join Us

serenitykit
  • Challenge serenitykit in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:05 PM

alright so i know its late but i was curious about everyone's christmas trees.

When do you put yours up and when do you take them down?

Its tradition in my house to put up the tree on christmas eve and take it down by January 15th

Interested to hear the answers

Kurai Amaya
  • Challenge Kurai Amaya in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:10 PM

We usually put ours up anywhere from the 18th to the 23rd...
Then, depending on when we put it up, we take it down around the 28th-31st.
We use a real tree, and it's annoying keeping it up tooooo long because of all the pine spills. ^^;

Maria-Minamino
  • Challenge Maria-Minamino in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:40 PM

We put ours up this year the weekend before thanksgiving. We usually do it the friday after thanksgiving but my parents work schedules just get super crazy and they work at least 50 hours a week each once december hits. So they decided to do it earlier while I was still at college so that they could do it before it got crazy XD And we're taking everything down today!

RisikaFox
  • Challenge RisikaFox in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Well, we have a fake tree. So it usually goes up the first week of December. And... Looks like Mom's dismantling it now. ^^ So ours is usually up the whole month of December.

Lura Crane
  • Challenge Lura Crane in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:55 PM

My sister and I used to put up our fake (and rather small) Christmas tree up around a week or two before Christmas, and put it away around New Years? (Or was it Christmas day, after having ripped open all our presents at midnight, leaving the floor littered with wrapping paper?) But out of my mom, my sister, and me, I was the only one left to really care about putting the tree up, and eventually we just left it standing (decorations and all) in its corner for a whole year and some months (laziness clearly runs in the family) before my mom finally decided to get rid of it. >^>; I think we've officially stopped our Christmas tree decorating tradition, though it probably only lasted four or five years anyway. XD;
It was fun while it lasted? owo;;

Agent HEY-LEE
  • Challenge Agent HEY-LEE in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 05:50 PM

This year we put it up a week or two after Thanksgiving. One of my cousin's needed some money so we had to wait for him to come help us. And we took off the ornaments about two days after Christmas, and packed up the tree the next day. Personally, I think we should put it up right after Christmas and take it down on the 31st but.. my grandma thinks it's too much of a hassle. What can ya do?

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 06:03 PM

We usually put up our tree during the first half of december (this year I did it during thanksgiving weekend) and we usually take it down at the beginning of january.

` B u t t e r
  • Challenge ` B u t t e r in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 06:08 PM

Ummm...
I'm not sure exactly, but we put ours up a while before Christmas eve.
And decorated it on a later day still before Christmas Eve...more than two days before it....
And it's still up right now.
: D
This is the first year we got a real tree.
I feel a bit bad about cutting down a tree for decoration, but it's our first year doing it.
Maybe next year we'll find a good quality imitation.

neko xoxox
  • Challenge neko xoxox in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 06:17 PM

we put ours up pretty early in the year and i think were taking it down today :(

koshkatamara
  • Challenge koshkatamara in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 06:20 PM

Well, we don't have a real tree, just a mini light up one. We usually put it up about a week after Thanksgiving and take it down mid- or late January. Me and my dad love to put up Christmas lights outside, that is our version of a Christmas tree because that way my cat can't tear it down. I think Christmas tree's should be kept up for a while, they are just so beautiful!

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX
  • Challenge Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 06:44 PM

We have a fake tree. We put it up a few days after thanksgiving, but by December 5th. Then we take it down befor New Years Eve.

KittehMEW
  • Challenge KittehMEW in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 06:56 PM

We take ours down... when we're done being lazy. Except my tiny one, the one in my room, I have thus decided to leave up indefinitely. -nods- It's an awesome little tree... Silver, with pink ornaments and tinsel and a giant silver star on top!

'Cept my cat likes to know it down...

PhantomLolita
  • Challenge PhantomLolita in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:14 PM

I haven't had a tree since I was pretty young. My mom didn't feel much like doing Christmas stuff after her and my dad split up. I wanted a tree this year, but I was afraid my daughter might knock it over. If we live in a house next year, I plan to get a tree though. I think at 2 she should understand why she can't attack it.

Cherish
  • Challenge Cherish in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:18 PM

Oh, I couldn't wait until Christmas Eve to put my tree up!

I always put mine up right at the beginning of December, usually the first or second. I like having it around throughout the Christmas period, and watching the pile of presents gradually growing underneath it.

I like to have it down by New Year's Eve, though.

Pallas
  • Challenge Pallas in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:24 PM

Usually we put the tree up in the first week of December, and take it down sometime in the beginning of January when we're not feeling lazy. Our tree is fake and getting old, needles keep falling from it and no one ever seems to want to assemble or dissemble it. That, and our decorations keep breaking because of age; some of our ornaments were from my dad's childhood.

Turtle Pirate
  • Challenge Turtle Pirate in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:31 PM

We have a fake tree and my mother insists on using red gold and white as the color scheme. But then she goes and buys all these other oranaments we'll never use. XD
Also we put it up when my parents get around to going up into the attic to get it down, same thing with putting it back.

LaVida
Penpal
  • Challenge LaVida in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:34 PM

lol, Christmas trees XD we either put ours up really early and don't take it down until Easter OR we just don't put it up at all if we go on a trip for the winter break.

Bonnie
  • Challenge Bonnie in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:36 PM

We put ours up the day after Thanksgiving and take it down after New Years.
We leave it up for its festiveness...

ThyFaerieQueen
  • Challenge ThyFaerieQueen in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:37 PM

I sadly, didn't put up a tree this year. :( The dog tried to eat the ornaments on the bottom.

The Enchanted Tiara
  • Challenge The Enchanted Tiara in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:56 PM

I like to have it up all throughout December and we usually use a fake tree, but this year, it just didn't get done for several reasons unfortunately.

Merrihop
  • Challenge Merrihop in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 12:47 PM

I didn't get to put up my tree this year. But when I get to, I don't have a set time to take it down. Usually within the first week or two of January, I guess. Or sometimes before New Years. Depends on how industrious I feel.

When I get to put it up, though, it's got lots of pink, orange, blue, and green on it! It's one of those bright colored trees! Anything metallic is silver, and I have a few pretty glass things I put up that aren't colored. I'm crazy about snowflakes, so they're all over it!

One of these days I'll get a topper and a good tree skirt.

Yume
  • Challenge Yume in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 01:27 PM

we used to put it up on Thanksgiving when the family all got together, but that doesn't happen anymore...

but this year, we put it up for my birthday (the 11th) and its still up... my dad wants to take it down this weekend :x

sjacklene

Penpal
  • Challenge sjacklene in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 04:57 PM

We have a fake tree. My mom is allergic to real Christmas trees. It usually goes up a couple days after Thanksgiving.

When I get my own house, I plan to get a real Christmas tree.