jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-13-2014, 02:46 PM

Quite possibly.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 04-13-2014, 03:13 PM

So many pretty nails! I have no patience for doing anything more complicated than a French tip or polkadots. Suo, you have some major talent. Maxi, I NEED that nail polish, haha. Jelly, that blue looks GREAT on your hands!

Maxipuff
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 PM

Steel that wasn't my photo! XD I just wanted to show
the nail polish. But yeah I like it a lot.

steelmagghia

Old 04-13-2014, 10:38 PM

So the performance went GREAT! I didn't pop out of my costume, even though it looked like I was going to. Haha.
Here is the picture I took before the performance:

It's blurry because I suuuck at selfies.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 05:16 AM

Haha, yeah there's some boobage going on there >< So glad it went well, and the top (just about) fitted! Is the belly dancing helping with your weight/fitness levels, can you tell? I'd have thought that would be good for strengthening your core and all that. Like Zumba but not as intense!

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 04-14-2014, 07:28 AM

Belly dancing does sometimes seem to help to get a flatter belly But I tried belly dancing for a day and my thighs they were dead the next day it sure is not easy as it sometimes seems >.< so I gave up

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 08:18 AM

Shows it does some good if it makes you ache! You should try it again, Lexie, it'll do you good if you can stick with it and get past the newbie pain.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-14-2014, 11:01 AM

Some late conversation stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxipuff View Post
Yeah, hahaha!
I know my parents and grandparents are all filipino, but I don't know any further back than that.
But I guess that isn't important.

I moved to america when I was 3 and my parents got divorced soon after,
so I pretty much lived a full american lifestyle. I forgot how to speak Tagalog
fluently even though it was my first language. But one thing I remember is the food...
Ohhhh the food. I miss it.
Ooh. Hey at least you knew it at some point! There was no one really for my mom to speak Tagalog to, so, I didn't learn it.
Mmm the food. I'm still pretty Americanized though so some of the food can . But lumpia and pancit and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmagghia View Post
Yep, the ones that stay light or reddish blonde tend to go grey early. But I darkened, so I should be good there.
But you're totally right. It's WAAAY easier to dye my hair. No bleaching required, even as dark as my hair has gotten.
Darn you light-haired-ones!

Guess I'm glad we at least have bleach in these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RFIM] View Post
Chipmunk and I!
Awww, cute!
And really nice hair color!

I finally took a picture of my face + hair so ~

Did a bit of fooling around with editing though. But that color is about right for the hair. For some reason my phone really wanted my hair to be this bright electric blue. Which would also be awesome, but I'm going for what my hair actually looks like, phone! Get with the program.

---
I saw some nails stuff. Something with moon or... ?? That looked neat!
And Suo's awesome nail painting skills. Dayum, gurl.

--
And I see talk of belly dancing. I'd like to try that. I'm a total weakling though. I'd basically like to do anything that makes me more flexible and stronger, but lazy wins out.

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-14-2014, 02:11 PM

Hmm... Maybe I should show my face here in Mene...

So Mene, this is me... Back in 1989.
Click on thumbnail for full view

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 02:49 PM

Aw, what a cutie! Hehe, maybe we need a thread for baby pics. :D

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-14-2014, 02:57 PM

A thread for baby pics is most definitely needed! Just imagine all those pictures of little babies or even cute children, that would brighten anyone's day!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 02:59 PM

Want to make one? =3

steelmagghia

Old 04-14-2014, 03:16 PM

Jelly: Haha, yeaaaah. I'm pretty sure no top is ever gonna fully cover the boobies. But hey, the arms fit and I could move! Huzzah! And bellydance has WAY helped with the fitness and health side of things. It works just about every muscled in your body. Lexa is right though, thighs get it like crazy. Core does too, but I actually have a pretty strong core left from ballet under all that fat, so I don't notice it as much.

Lexa: Awww, you should keep doing it! It's so much fun! And those muscles eventually get more used to things. It is harder than it looks though. Shimmies are brutal.

Ikuto: Aaah, you're so pretty! I used to really want black hair when I was little. But then I realized that it would look just awful with my skin tone. And you should try belly dancing, I'm sure you'd look beautiful doing it. It is a lot of strength training, but it's way more fun than using weights or anything at the gym.

D'aww Sestina was a cutie!

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-14-2014, 03:35 PM

Eep! >.< Ok, I'll make a thread for baby pics.

@steelmagghia Thank you!

Maxipuff
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2014, 04:08 PM

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa: Wow, you're gorgeous! You look so elegant! @w@

jellysundae: Pole dancing is also a really good way to get in shape.
I tried it out for about a month or so and I was aching in places I didn't know could ache. XD
To be clear, I was taking lessons. I didn't have a job as a stripper for a month. XD
But wow to anyone who pole dances well. That takes mad skills.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to wickedwonderland

Old 04-14-2014, 04:14 PM

steelmagghia

Old 04-14-2014, 04:15 PM

Maxi, you're so right. My belly dance instructor also teaches pole dance and sweet goodness that's crazy. I'm interested, but I don't want to do it until I lose some weight. It's a lot easier to haul 200 pounds up a pole than 300 pounds.

---------- Post added 04-14-2014 at 11:15 AM ----------

Wicked, you look suitably homicidal in that picture. :D

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-14-2014, 04:16 PM

@steel thank you very much =)

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-14-2014, 04:19 PM

@wickedwonderland Nice cosplay! American McGee's Alice version is definitely cooler and more haunting.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-14-2014, 04:29 PM

@Sestina I completely agree

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 04:37 PM

Woah Wonderland, that's an intimidating picture! Do you do that cosplay often? Much have been so much fun ><

Mags! I'm expecting pole dancing videos from you once you can take that up!

Maxi, pole dancing done to look balletic rather than sexy is totally amazing. Let's face it, it's a hard gymnastic sport, I applaud anyone who can do it with skill.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-14-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sestina View Post
Hmm... Maybe I should show my face here in Mene...

So Mene, this is me... Back in 1989.
Click on thumbnail for full view
How cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmagghia View Post
Ikuto: Aaah, you're so pretty! I used to really want black hair when I was little. But then I realized that it would look just awful with my skin tone. And you should try belly dancing, I'm sure you'd look beautiful doing it. It is a lot of strength training, but it's way more fun than using weights or anything at the gym.
Thank you! Yeah, that's another thing to keep in mind with hair color. Some of them might just not look so great with whatever skin tone you've got. Still want to do all super white one day though!
I should! Any media you recommend? Doubtful there would be a class around here.
I get bored really quickly with working out so I either have to keep trying different things or just not do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxipuff View Post
Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa: Wow, you're gorgeous! You look so elegant! @w@

jellysundae: Pole dancing is also a really good way to get in shape.
I tried it out for about a month or so and I was aching in places I didn't know could ache. XD
To be clear, I was taking lessons. I didn't have a job as a stripper for a month. XD
But wow to anyone who pole dances well. That takes mad skills.
Thank you~
Pole dancing is another one I wouldn't mind giving a shot. Talk about strength though!

steelmagghia

Old 04-14-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Woah Wonderland, that's an intimidating picture! Do you do that cosplay often? Much have been so much fun ><

Mags! I'm expecting pole dancing videos from you once you can take that up!

Maxi, pole dancing done to look balletic rather than sexy is totally amazing. Let's face it, it's a hard gymnastic sport, I applaud anyone who can do it with skill.
Haha, okay, I promise I will post a short video as soon as I take that up. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post

How cute!

Thank you! Yeah, that's another thing to keep in mind with hair color. Some of them might just not look so great with whatever skin tone you've got. Still want to do all super white one day though!
I should! Any media you recommend? Doubtful there would be a class around here.
I get bored really quickly with working out so I either have to keep trying different things or just not do anything.

Thank you~
Pole dancing is another one I wouldn't mind giving a shot. Talk about strength though!
Yeah, I really don't look good with very dark hair. I've come to accept this. :)
Here is a pretty good site for home study: How to Belly Dance
You may google possible studios, though. It's possible you have one in your area. I mean, I'm in the middle of the bible belt in the US in a smallish city and we have one, so, it's possible.