View Poll Results: Do you have a theme song or a playlist for your characters?
YES! They also have their own blogs complete with RP Commentary. That's normal right? 1 9.09%
Yup, I have a song or few that describes them and their personality pretty well. 5 45.45%
Hmm, I never really thought about that before. 4 36.36%
Not really, maybe a snippet of lyrics here or there makes me think of them, but nothing specific. 1 9.09%
No, that's not really my thing. Thanks for asking though. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 PM

So I was wondering, does anyone else make theme songs and playlists for their characters? If so, then who is the character you write now and what song describes of them best? If you have more than one song for them feel free to spill! :D

One character I have is Chris Nance and his theme song is "Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects.

What about you?

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 12-08-2013, 10:57 PM

Absolutely. I find that I have a much easier time jumping back into a particular character's mindset and figuring out their motivations if I've set up a playlist for them. Mind you, I'm a music junkie and have always used tunes to help me focus, so it's not all that surprising that I tend to go this route.

Hmm...lessee, I wrote a character over on Pre named Jacobi Harris, a power hungry politician with a knack for speechifying. Found this little gem, which suit him perfectly. The best part, despite being song that explained him better than I ever could have, I didn't find it until I'd been writing him for a few months.

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-08-2013, 11:06 PM

Oh wow! What a find!
Yeah, sometimes the music will just sneak up on you like that. I have another character nicknamed Lolipop and I already knew her song from when it was on the radio. She came much, much later but her personality and history just brought it to the forefront of my mind again. The fit is undeniable.
Feel free to share more than one if you like and it's always good to meet another music lover! :D

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 12-09-2013, 01:32 AM

Yeah. I have a couple for each character.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 AM

I have trouble finding something for most characters or couples (though I look) but Jarred and Derek have a few like: Beat me Up by Allison Ireheta, Bruises and Bitemarks and a couple lines from The Heat by Good with Grenades, and random songs by Nickleback. >.>

And then Shin has a playlist of music I think is similar to his band or whose dance style he would like.

but I've been inspired or used songs more in the past. It's only now that my characters defy all music I know and won't fit songs well.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-09-2013, 04:35 PM

Yup, yup! Some of my characters (Renner in particular) have a complete playlist. Actually, he has two of them! I also have RP playlists to help people get in the mood for stories.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-10-2013, 03:04 AM

Nope, no theme song for my characters, Never really thought about it.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-14-2013, 10:48 PM

I do, most often finding a song for them or the like gives me inspiration for them. Weather it is posting for them, creating a profile or just overall for the character it really kind of helps.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-16-2013, 02:05 PM

Oh yeah! But I work a bit differently. I don't go according to lyrics, I go according to the tune and the vibe that it gives off.
For example:

Briar form The Mark of Etos reminds of the tune from this song:

The Mad Hatter from Fairytale Apocalypse is this tune:

---------- Post added 12-16-2013 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
Absolutely. I find that I have a much easier time jumping back into a particular character's mindset and figuring out their motivations if I've set up a playlist for them. Mind you, I'm a music junkie and have always used tunes to help me focus, so it's not all that surprising that I tend to go this route.

Hmm...lessee, I wrote a character over on Pre named Jacobi Harris, a power hungry politician with a knack for speechifying. Found this little gem, which suit him perfectly. The best part, despite being song that explained him better than I ever could have, I didn't find it until I'd been writing him for a few months.
Lord have mercy! That was such an awesome song! I'm like dying now