Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-10-2008, 11:15 PM

the other day i got my new monitor...then a day later, i asked my parents to take it back to the store.

because

it was a Widescreen Monitor. :(

i didnt realize the issues i would have with it, until i really used it. and i did everything to adjust it.

Widescreen Monitor is not for me. i am not a Comp Gamer, nor a Photographer editor. and i dont type important documents.

i just surf the internet, and draw with bitmap.

i just found out yesterday, that Widescreen Monitors have taken over. leaving people like me, who prefer Square non-Widescreen, out to pasture. you can barely find a Square Monitor anymore! and if you do, its expensive.

why have companies just gone with such a trend and started all this widescreen nonsense? they should still make more non-widescreen monitors, and they have a lot of people who are willing to buy them

widescreen is good on laptops, but on desktops...no
my eyes did not adjust well to it at all.

one thing i will compliment, that it works. and its clear
but its just too bothersome to be comfortable with

at some point, hopefully this week. i will be getting my square monitor. a 19 inch...though i want smaller.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-11-2008, 03:45 AM

Um...I really don't see what the problem is with widescreen monitors, except for how difficult it is to find wallpapers to fit them. As long as I use firefox all of the pages show up just the same as they would on my old monitor. It doesn't feel so cramped and it's great for watching movies on.

I wasn't aware that widescreen monitors had taken over. I got mine for christmas, and the one that came with my computer was the traditional size. I guess I don't look at computers a lot, so I wouldn't know.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-11-2008, 07:09 PM

i got stuck with the "fat squished" look. when it came to the widescreen
and no amount of res adjusting fixed it.

that and its not easy on my eyes.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 09-12-2008, 02:27 AM

I don't particularly care for widescreens either, because I like to have a small laptop and having it wide feels awkward to me. If it wasn't extremely wide, I wouldn't care too much I guess. It depends on the overall size of the laptop. My boyfriend has a widescreen laptop and it's too big for what I'd want. In a way it's nice though, if someone posts a page stretching post, then it's not as annoying on a widescreen, plus there's more room for open windows and whatever. But I'm so used to the square screens.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-13-2008, 12:13 AM

alrighty
got my new monitor. its a 19" large square. and besides making the typical LCD color adjustments. its working fine.

here is the story...
the Monitor i have now...is the ONLY SQUARE monitor in Town! in big computer stores! my gawd!
me and my dad traveled to 6 stores! the first store went to, was Office Depot...
which had widescreens all over, but in the corner was this square 19". i happily took the ticket to show to the worker guy.
and he types on the computer, and GAH! not one in stock!

not even a shipment, not even sure they can order it!
so we leave.

after going through all those other stores. we come back to Depot.
and i humbly buy the Monitor that is on display.

all the while still wondering :
Widescreen really has taken over
Why put up a Display Monitor you dont even have?
Why have tickets available, when you know very well you cant even order it!?

though i am very very thankful for the people giving me the only square monitor they had.
i was a little jolted and bummed at the fact that, if this monitor were to stop functioning...
i dont have many options in getting one just like it.

seriously. Square Monitors are near extinction.

Last edited by Bunai; 09-13-2008 at 12:15 AM..

Captain Pandaman
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-13-2008, 06:12 AM

I love my square monitor, I don't know why widescreen is so special.
The only thing I can think of using it for is movies and I can just get a widescreen t.v for those, I never use my computer for movies anyways. anime yes but all the ones I get come in square and look funny on a widescreen.

Tsukihami
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-13-2008, 06:40 AM

I have one.
I honestly don't see the point of it.
Everything's too big and it just hurts my eyes.

fufufishie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to fufufishie Send a message via MSN to fufufishie

Old 09-14-2008, 10:54 PM

Why is widescreen so bad? All it is is a regular screen with some extra space so you can see more. You can view more of a website and web developers have more room to work with. You have a bigger desktop too. If things are too small for you, you can just lower the resolution.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 AM

as said. resolution did not help me