Cerena
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-20-2007, 12:43 AM

Link, he come to town! He come to SAVE! The Princess Zelda--

Ok, ok, you get the idea. XD The Legend of Zelda is one of my favorite gaming series personally because it's the first that I've ever played. Back when I was a wee tyke, my next-door-neighbor had an N64, and since he couldn't read yet, he would 'enlist' my help in playing Ocarina of Time.

The Legend of Zelda boasts some truly magical scenery and places. Though I used to hate Princess Zelda herself, she's eventually come to grow on me (mostly through the efforts of Super Smash Brothers, where I would kick people's arses as Zelda/Sheik. XD)

Of the entire series, I'd have to say that Majora's Mask is actually my favorite. It was the first Zelda game I ever owned and actually beat. I still secretly have a massive crush on Skull Kid. XD It's a lot darker than most Zelda games -- though I haven't finished TP yet, I'd still say MM has a darker feel to it than TP -- but that's part of the appeal, I think. I actually really liked the whole THREE DAYS BEFORE THE MOON CRASHES INTO THE WORLD shtick, I thought it was fairly original. I also really liked all the sidequests and personalities placed into the NPCs -- Anzu and Kafei, that crazy dancing dude on the mushroom, ect...

So how about you guys? What is your favorite game/character/scene/blah?

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-20-2007, 04:09 PM

• Hmm. I've played the original NES one, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, the first two dungeons of Link to the Past, all of Four Swords(GBA, not Gamecube), the first dungeon in Ocarina of Time, the first dungeon in Wind Waker, and I'm just getting to the third dungeon in Twilight Princess.

In my defense, I never had a SNES, N64 or GameCube. And the friends that do never wanted to just sit around and help me through those games. So, I'm quite satisfied that I've got a Wii now, so hopefully I'll be able to download the ones I haven't played/played much of as soon as they're added to the library.

I've always loved the series in general. Though the gameplay always seems to be the same(with the exception of Zelda 2, I believe)on the 2D and 3D planes, it's just the way that the stories are different-ish that makes me want to always pick up the controller/gameboy and play. :3

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 03-23-2007, 12:06 AM

Ehehe, I've played:

Legend of Zelda
Loz: A Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

I love all of those games, and I wish I could get them again. I would really want to play Zelda 2, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, and any other ones I can't think of that were released by Nintendo. The philip's CDi ones were awful, from what I've heard. xD I am planning on getting a Wii though, and then I'll buy Twilight Princess, and if they have good LoZ's on the Virtual Console they have for the older games, then I am so buying those. xD

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 04:49 PM

I loved Ocarina of Time...I want to play the new one that came out, but I want it for the Wii, so I have to wait :3

fawN
*^_^*

Old 03-25-2007, 01:41 AM

I'd not tried any of the Zelda games before we got a Wii, but we got ours at Sam's Club, and it came with the game!

I love it on the Wii, especially the beginning! And it's fun/interesting/different to have to fight the bad guys using the controller like a sword, but like all games, as it gets harder, I get more intimidated.

I'm currently stuck trying to find one of the light spirits, but I think I just overlooked the location, so I gotta go back and see.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-25-2007, 01:46 AM

I've only played Twilight Princess, & that one that was on Super Nintendo. XD

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 03-25-2007, 04:55 AM

I've always had an interest in the Zelda games, but I never got the courage enough to play until my brother got the wii and made me try Twilight Princess. After I played that game for a while, I immediately bought that 4 in one game for the gamecube and I'm now currently playing Ocarina of Time.

The water temple is next @.@

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-25-2007, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enniel
I loved Ocarina of Time...I want to play the new one that came out, but I want it for the Wii, so I have to wait :3
  • If you've got a Gamecube Controller and Memory Card, essentially you don't have to wait for it to be reelased via the Shop Channel. But, that is if you've got the $40+ to dish out for that one collector's disc that had both 64 games, the original NES, Link's Awakening, and a Wind Waker demo. xDD

Though, thinking about it now, it probably would be better to just hold your horses and hope they put it in the Shop Channel, 'cause that'd be way cheaper, and less painstaking to get a hold of that way.

Seika Arai
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2007, 05:24 AM

Ocarina of Time was the s***!! Its like the best game of all time.

I've played Twilight Princess, its complicated on the gamecube. Its soooooo hard on the wii.

eig
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to eig

Old 03-25-2007, 02:04 PM

TP isn't hard. o___o;

I LOVE LEGEND OF ZELDA IM OBSESSED.

nuff said ty. ;D

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 03-26-2007, 07:52 PM

I've only played Zelda on a nintendo... and I don't mean a nintendo 64, I mean the ORIGINAL nintendo... And it's hard for me >.<; Things seem like they are so much more hidden....

`Riku
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-28-2007, 05:32 AM

I love Zelda games. I'm just upset they only come for Nintendo consoles...
Majora's Mask was actually very different, in my opinion....but I liked it too.
<3

I just adore the story and character controls....and I LOVE Link. He's mah boy. <3

I SOO wanna get the new Zelda game and play it on wii. xD

Asham
*^_^*

Old 03-28-2007, 05:47 AM

Hehe, I loved Ocarina of Time. Arg, that game was so much fun. Dx!!

Majora's Mask always gave me a heart attack, since games with time-limits make me do that. I couldn't even play through the Anzu x Kafei story because I kept thinking there wasn't enough time during the end. @_@ Why was it cut so close?! Everytime I walked around, I kept staring at the moon's face and going, "omg, it's gonna fall on me and everyone's gonna die!"

.... It freaked me out so much, I had to ask my brother and sister to play it for me. x'''D It was still fun, though~

Super Pantless Girl
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2007, 02:05 PM

Perhaps it's my age showing, but I've been a Zelda fan since it came out for the original Nintendo. It was a challenging game for the time it came out, and then it jumped over to a new-but-the-same game after you beat it once.

I still have a Nintendo. It's in my basement, though. I'm going to have to drag it up for some nostalgia sometime soon.

I own all the games, and their respective systems. Zelda has always been one of the games I look forward to playing.

...hell, I like playing Link in Super Smash Brothers, and Zelda/Sheik in Super Smash Brothers Melee. Looking forward to Super Smash Brothers Brawl, for that matter.

...and, on a slightly unrelated note, I also have the little animated show on DVD, when it ran as a short cartoon on The Super Mario Brothers Show.

FinalBlackMage
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2007, 06:52 PM

I loved Majora's Mask. My boyfriend and I played it together and it was a lot of fun. The story is fantastic and so is the concept. I remember being saddened when I found out that all the work we had done the day before actually meant nothing in terms of what happened to the world. I also loved all the levels and characters, and the masks, SO cute sometimes. It was cool because you really had to plan out your days properly and one wrong move would mean everything was for nothing.

Moocat
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Moocat Send a message via MSN to Moocat

Old 04-01-2007, 03:39 AM

My favorite, by far, is Ocarina of Time. I just love the fact that I can play the Ocarina, and warp everywhere.

It's the only game I'll really curse and scream at, too. xD

When those zombies popped out, at hyrule field, for the first time, I started cursing and screaming my ass off.

Later, I still screamed whenever something hit me from behind, or frightened me.

Right now, I'm downloading the songs from it by something called The Hyrule Symphony, which has beautiful orchestral renditions of the songs. It's much better than the straight, 10 second versions of the tunes. I have a three minute Zelda's Lullaby song, and it's just absolutely gorgeous.

Buckwheat Noodles
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via Yahoo to Buckwheat Noodles

Old 04-08-2007, 04:12 PM

I adore the Legend of Zelda series, though I only have about four of the games in total... and none of them very new, heh. My favorite by far is Ocarina of Time for the N64, which I play obsessively even now. *Nods* I also have Majora's Mask, and... two of the games for the Gameboy Color. Wow, that console's old now, isn't it? XD

Riddle
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2007, 06:34 PM

I wanna play twilight princess... but honestly, I read they made the game easier before its release... and that just kinda kills me a little inside... :cry:

shutterslut
Vag Cat

Old 04-08-2007, 06:36 PM

Zelda is probably my favorite game ever invented.

Of course my favorite is probably OoT.
Cause it's friggin classic.

But besides that, I really like Windwaker and TP.

I could never get into Majoras Mask or the Four Sword type ones.
The gameboy-like layout of FS really bummed me out.
But my little brother was so into it.

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2007, 08:46 PM

Link all the way! Legend of Zelda rocks. (i still think it should be Legend of Link or something like that because he's always the character you play. and zelda hardly ever does anyhting at all very few of the games) Adult Link from Ocarina of Time is my shining star though! No other Link beats him! oh yeah!

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-08-2007, 01:34 AM

I think I'm probaly one of the very few Zelda fans who's top three Zelda games is Link's Awakening. I adore that game on so many levels. The storyline is very well writen, the dungeons are evenly spaced out, and it's just... I donno... The storyline had a great twist at the end... It was very well organized.

I also love WindWaker, even though it was very easy. It's the storyline that really makes me love it so. It's unquie graffics also give it a love-like feel to it, for me. >w< Link and Tetra is most difinatly my favorite pairing.

Oh, and who could forget Ocarina of Time? It's a common favorite, but, everyone can see why. xD It has an interesting storyline that emerges you into it, and it's long, if you take the time to get everything in it. There's nothing not to like about this game, really.

Now, I have yet to pick up Zelda II, but I really want to get it, either for the virtual console, or, the one for the GBA. It sounds like a really fun game, even though most people have yet to play it.

I'm borrowing Majora's Mask from my cousin right now, so I have to go and pick it up again some time. I have to admit, Majora's Mask is a really fun game, even if it is kind of annoying with it's time limit. XD The storyline is really interesting, even if I already know what happens in the end since I already read the manga for it. T-T But, the manga is a bit different from the game, so, it's not that big of a deal.