Quaking_Stampede
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-29-2010, 06:43 AM

Wanted to post my whole fanfic up here because I wanted some feedback. Originally posted it on my Deviantart account and had very little to none on the feedback. Maybe here will be better.

Overall idea for the fanfic was taking each line from Pink's song Glitter In The Air and making a small chapter piece for it that tied up together at the end. Each post will be one chapter, hope to hear some good feedback but not trolling or flaming please. There is a difference between flaming and contructive criticism.
Didn't quite post it right the first time, here are all 21 chapters though.
----------

She sat quietly in the chair, slowly peeling the green apple held between her slender hands. Her golden hair laid around her face and shoulders, curling slightly at the ends.
"Hawkeye?" Roy's voice sounded disoriented, sleepy.
She continued peeling the apple, staying silent as Roy woke up. She cut the apple into small slices, big enough to make a nice bite but not so big as to not fit.
"You need to eat, sir." Hawkeye stabbed a piece and hovered the food above his mouth.
Roy looked at her steadily, understanding why he was there and what had happened. He opened his mouth and bit the apple off the knife. As he pulled back the knife lightly knicked his lip making him instantly release the knife.
Riza noted the blood and felt a slight stupidity at herself for letting him hurt himself so easily after having failed him enough for him to be hurt as badly as he was.
She laid the knife down and looked at Roy, no fear ever showing in her eyes. "Sir, you do not seem to be able to handle eating with the knife. May I use my hands to give you the food?"
Roy looked at her kindly and nodded at her.
Riza picked up the next apple piece and fed him the next piece. She felt a joy and calm love bubbling up inside herself. For the first time ever she had fed someone she loved with her own hands, not some utensil.

----------

Hawkeye walked down the halls in full uniform and her hair up in its' usual pinned style. Something seemed off as she passed the rooms that were empty when they normal bustled with working people and bantering.
She reached the door to Roy's office and lightly knocked before walking in. Roy sat at the desk but there were no papers and none of the other desks had people at them.
"You called me, sir?"
"Yes, I did Leiutenant Hawkeye. I figured since the rest of the force was off today we could do something together."
Hawkeye raised one eyebrow, waiting for him to continue, her heart overflowing with hope and doubt.
"Just you and me. Maybe some drinks. Will you accompany me, Leiutenant?"
Hawkeye nodded and stayed still as Roy approached, she didn't know whether or not to trust what was going on. What had happened?
Roy leaned forward and whispered into her ear, "Trust it, just trust me." Riza closed her eyes and did as he said as he led the way from the room into a brighter hallway.

----------

"Wiiiiiizaaaa! I wan' pwetties! We shoud thwow pwetties in the aiw fow Ed's biwthday!" The brown hair on the girls head bounced as she came running up to Riza. Riza smiled gently at Elicia, loving how sweet and innocent kids could be.
"What type of pretties?"
"A pwetty that shines like this." Elicia picked up a handful of the glittering snow and tossing it in the air. Snowflakes catching the light to shine beautifullly as they fell slowly back to the ground.
Riza felt enchanted by the glittering of the snow with the Elicia staring so hopeful at her.
"Let's see what I have that we can use then, okay Elicia?" Elicia nodded happily and followed after Riza as she walked into the work building to Roy's office.
The room only had Roy sitting at his desk, who glanced up briefly before smiling at Elicia and Riza.
"Leiutenant Hawkeye, what are you diong with Elicia? I can't believe Maes would give her up easy."
"Daddy was busy and Wiza is helping me find Edwawd some pwetties befowe his biwthday!" Elicia's excitement had Roy and Riza wearing a big smile.
"The room is yours then, Miss Elicia." Roy then looked back to his papers, his smile slowly fading away as he read.
Riza looked around the room for something that might glitter like the snow.
"Would this wowk?" Elicia picked a jar of sand that was sitting on a shelf just low enough for her to reach.
"I don't think that would be a wise idea, Elicia. He'll get all dirty if you throw that."
"Oh." Elicia set the jar back before exploring the rest of the room. "I'm not finding anything Wiza." Her little face looked crest fallen at the idea that their wasn't anything like the snow.
"How about we try this?" Riza turned quickly to look at Roy, who had at some point put down his papers and pulled out an old alchemy book.
Elicia looked confused but nodded waiting to see what he was going to do.
Roy then led the way outside into the snow and drew a circle on the ground. He placed his hands on it, making it glow bright, highlighting his face.
Riza couldn't help but stare at his face, looking so happy as he did this for Elicia. She wanted to see him smile like that all the time but she stayed quite.
Elicia gasped at the creation that know laid at Roy's feet. It was a pile of glittering crystalized snow, so it wouldn't melt away. Roy smiled at Elicia who came over and tossed a small amount in the air.
"It's pewfect! Thank you!" Elicia grabbed a little bag from on of her pockets to put the glitter in. "We need to go Wiza. Ed will be hewe in a few minutes!" Elicia grabbed Riza's hand and led her away, leaving Roy to follow behind them if he wanted to come.
"Let's hide hewe Wiza!" Elicia hid around the corner after glancing around the edge and seeing Ed's red cloak. "Hewe's youw pwetties to thwow." Elicia put some of the glitter in her hand, smiling as she always seemed to be doing.
About this time Roy walked to where they were and Ed came into the same area.
"Now!" Elicia said as she tossed her glitter into the air.
Riza followed her lead and just watched as the glitter fell down over Roy and Ed, loving the beauty that the glitter lent Roy as he stood there.
She loved this joy she felt, this love but still she stayed quite just watching Roy smile and talk to Elicia and Ed.

----------

Riza stared at the nightmare before her, the destruction of everything she knew. She could feel a slight bubble of fear at what could do this. Then she heard a grunt and saw Roy slam into the, thrown from the other room. She ran towards him, pulling her gun as she went.
She knelt down in front of Roy facing a monstrosity, some chimera that was too much. It drooled large globs of red goop, had scales and fur intermixed, and green, slitted eyes. Claws on its' hands were covered in blood and debris.
It roared with a horribly screechy end sound, but Riza couldn't be afraid. Roy could not die because she was afraid.
Garbled noises came from the mouth of the creature, "Fweaw ghis fowew!"
Fear this power.
Riza looked coldly into the eyes of the beast and shot, clearly saying, "I don't care how strong you are. You won't win."
The beast roared again, pain coming through in the roar and screech as the bullet peirced the chest fur. The beast then charged as Riza continued to fire repeatedly into the heart before shooting it through its' sickening green eyes.
It slowed and collapsed no farther than 2 feet from her. It was dead.
Roy moved behind her, "Well done, Riza."
"Thank you, sir. Let's get you to the infirmiry." Riza put away her gun and watched as Roy got to his feet stiffly. He didn't appreciate being treated like a kid and he would complain later about the fact that he didn't defeat the chimera laying on the floor.
But still... She would follow him and protect him.

----------

Riza stood there, looking off at nothing but wide open space and vast skies. The stars shined but seemed small and pale next the the bright sliver of moon. She sighed, her breath forming a small cloud.
She had went past the point of no return and she didn't know where she should go from there. She was halfway between leaving and staying. She loved him and it had been wonderful but... He was her commanding officer.
The breeze picked up lifting her robe edges slightly and sliding in against her skin and night clothes.
"What do I do?" She asked the sky with no hope of a response.
"Come back inside, Riza." Arms wrapped around her from behind and pulled her back from the edge of the boulder she had been standing on.
Riza turned her head and looked into those dark eyes, seeing the kindness and sorrow that swirled in them. The he cupped her face and lightly kissed her.
"Everything will be fine. We're only half past the point of no return. No children right now." Roy smiled slightly for her.
Riza smiled back before letting him lead her back inside. For now things were perfect, why ruin such beauty before it could finish blooming.

----------

Riza walked along the edge of the iceberg she stood on. She didn't like that she was up so high or unable to chase the alchemist that left her stuck up here. She paced some more before something caught her eye. It was now sunset and the sky had lit up in shades of red, orange and pink all fading into the blues and purples of the coming night.
She stood there on the tip of the iceberg, watching the sun set, wondering what it would be like if Roy were with her.
Riza shook her head, how foolish could she get?
She went back to looking for a way to get down but had yet to find a safe way down.
"Lieutenant Hawkeye!" Roy's voice resonated up the ice to her.
"I'm here, sir! There is no secure way down!" Riza stepped back to the edge to look down at where Roy was standing. Suddenly Roy snapped his fingers, bursting forth flames up the iceberg, breaking the tip of the iceberg where she stood off.
Riza began falling, shocked that Roy would do that until he caught her.
"Are you safe?" Riza merely nodded her head as she regained her composure and had him set her down.
Yet, she would never forget this. Never.

----------

Roy sat at his desk running his hands through his hair repeatedly as he stared at all the papers before him. He had let his division off for the day, they were being overworked and he needed them fresh.
Riza walked into the room and eyed the mess before looking at her watch.
"Sir, it's almost eleven at night. Go home and rest, you're needed fresh bright and early tomorrow." Roy looked up at her and put on one of his cockiest faces he could. "This is nothing, I can have this done and be fresh tomorrow without a problem."
Riza sighed before walking over and placing her hands on his desk. "Go home, sir. This will await you later."
Roy laughed and argued only a little bit longer before leaving. Riza looked at the papers again, sighing she stacked them neatly and sat down to work on them. She would finish them before he returned and take at least a little bit off of his shoulders.
----- (8 a.m.)
Riza sat at her small desk in the room and put her gun back together waiting for Roy and the others to arrive.
"Lieutenant Hawkeye? Why are you here so early?" Roy sounded pleased and well rested as he walked over to his desk.
"To clean my weapons before the day got started." Riza stated as she filled up clips with bullets next.
"Thank you, Riza." Roy whispered before clearing his throat. "Looks like the paper fairy took care of another nights work for me." Roy laughed, making it a joke that his work had been done.
Riza smiled, feeling bright as the sun but without the burn that comes from it.

----------

Riza sat at her small table sipping her tea and staring at the gun she had used so often. She knew the feel of it and the comfort it provided. It was the only noise she needed when in a fight, not words.
She remembered all the training she had done to perfect her skills to protect and fight. She had just never known who she wanted to protect until she watched Roy try and fight in unfavorable conditions. Like that one day when it was raining and he though he could still make fire to attack the person.
She was always keeping Roy in line it seemed but... She didn't mind. He was her something to protect.
She wanted to always provide the thunder using her gun and let him make the red lightning with his alchemy.
With that thought in mind she went finished her tea and took her gun with her to bed. She would always be his thunder, she would make sure.

----------

Riza stretched, feeling the sheets against her skin and the warmth at her back. She was so comfortable she didn't want to move but she had to. She gently lifted his arm and rolled to face him. His black hair was slightly mussed around his peaceful face. She felt a calm happiness inside herself as she just watched him sleep.
Her mind began to wander through the events that had preceded to the calm. It had been a wonderful storm.
Roy took in a breathe and she froze, eyes focusing on his face once more. She felt like the breathe he had sucked in, frozen in place, waiting to be heard.
"I love you, Riza." The words came out whispered between his lips as he slept.
All she could do was stare at him, still frozen, still that breathe before the phrase. Then she released it.
"I love you too, Roy. More than you'll ever know."

----------

Riza was on house arrest for commiting some crime she never knew she had commited. All her doors were locked from the outside, her windows boarded. She stared at the dark walls of her house, wishing that Roy had been around when she was pulled away but then again, she didn't want to put his career on the line.
Maybe it was better that he wasn't there. Riza shook her head at herself, knowing that she was an idiot for getting in trouble somehow. But... Even though she knew she was a risk on Roy's career she still wanted to feel like someone was there, just someone.
She looked at the phone, attatched to the wall with bolts, its' dark, slightly bulky design standing out against the pale wall. She wanted someone to at least call, let her know what all was going on. She always knew what was happening, being in the dark angered her, made her feel like she had failed at her job. She couldn't fail, not now, not ever.
The room was eerily quite compared to the storm of thoughts in her head, seeming lifeless, dead. Nothing like a home should feel like.
Time creeped by, her thoughts swirling in the silence, continually swinging between the temptation of someone calling her, letting her know she wasn't left alone, and hating her weakness. She knew she was stronger than this but that didn't mean that she couldn't long for someone to call her.
"Roy.... I'm sorry." Riza had to leave the room, she could no longer stand looking at the phone, left with her thoughts and caged.
Her bed was cool, covered in plain brown blanket, no special silks or velvets or furs, just a simple cotton. The springs stayed silent as they took her weight, Riza had never enjoyed noise while she slept but she was willing to make an exception to the sound of breathing. Laying there was peaceful but her turmoil wouldn't make it that way all the way through.
A gentle tick tock was the only sound accompanying her breaths as she lay there until her phone began to ring, making her jump to her feet and move quickly for the phone.
"Hello?"
"Riza? I will be there shortly to get you out, you are not staying there alone. I have a safe house set up out of town, you can stay there until this matter is sorted out." Roy's voice held an undeniable command, a hint of worry undertoning the words.
Riza let a sad smile spread across her face, before she answered, "Sir, I cannot let you do that. It is against the law and would ruin your chances of climbing the ranks. I will be fine until legal matters settle themselves."
"Riza... Ok, but I will call you everyday to inform you of the matters going on. Be careful." The last words came out in a whisper before a click signaled the end of the call. The smile stayed on her face as she took back up her seat at the table, as much as she hated staring at that phone, waiting for someone to be there, she wanted to feel closer and this was her only way how to do that right now.

----------

On an infirmary bed Riza laid, bandages wrapped around her midsection, and right leg. Her hands had burn ointment on them from where her gun had exploded in her hands. She had a feeling she knew who had sabotaged her gun since she always thoroughly cleaned it on a regular basis.
She lifted up her hands to look at them, they looked blackened in a couple spots but other than that they were mainly an angry red that was distorted through the tan goop. Riza sighed only to flinch and lay her hands over the bandages on her midsection as red blossomed along the white.
"What am I supposed to do like this?" she mumbled to herself, knowing she was alone in the shadowed room.
A sliver of light widened into the room to be filled with the shape of a person walking into the room. The person went for the chair next to the bed, looking somberly at how Riza was bandaged.
"Riza... Are you ok?" Roy's voice was quiet as he set what was in his arms on the table piece by piece.
She nodded, staying quiet as she watched Roy begin his attempt at peeling an apple, sliding the knife along but taking small chunks of the apple with the peel. Riza wanted to take it away from him so that he wouldn't cut himself but the goop on her hands prevented this idea.
Roy glanced at her face with those dark eyes as he finished peeling, "You're smiling." His own smile broke over his face, small but still a smile, as he set the apple down. His hands were glove-less, not a very common sight, as he reached one out to gently touch one of the tiny cuts on Riza's cheek.
Tears gathered in her eyes as she closed them, one squeezing past and running down to land along the fingers on her cheek. A thumb rubbed along the tear track but he stayed silent, knowing Riza was not the type to openly cry.

----------

Rain was pouring down outside as Black Hayate sat in front of the door whining. Riza came walking out of the kitchen with a tea cup in her hand and looked down at Hayate before reaching for her ever close gun.
She looked out the window, staying hidden behind the walls of her home. Outside there was a lone figure standing in the downpour, the hat drooping slightly under the weight of the water. It approached the door at a slow pace, a slight limp in the steps.
Riza never released her gun as she cracked open the door to talk to the person.
"Good evening. What do you need?" Her voice held a command to it, making her voice just as cold as the steel in her hands.
There was no response from the shadow as it stepped up onto the porch and it held up one white gloved hand to lay upon the door. Red sparks danced over the door, leaving words burnt into the wood.
Will you please invite me inside to talk. It is wet and fire doesn't work well in water.
Riza looked at the words from an angle, a little harder to read but not by much. Uncertainty crawled across her skin, or maybe that was the night time chill, but Hayate was wagging his tail in welcome.
"Come in." With that she undid her lock and opened the door to let the person in.
Water dripped on the floor as the person walked to the kitchen, as if they already knew her house. Hayate followed right behind the person, completely content with a wagging black tail. Riza kept her gun close to her hand anyway, she wasn't one to just suddenly trust someone.
Once they were in the kitchen she poured an extra cup of tea for the person who was now sitting in her spare chair bringing back flickering thoughts with a splitting headache.
"What do you need that you have come at this hour?" Her voice was just as chilly as the rain pouring down outside.
The person cleared their throat and took their gloved hand to remove the dripping hat revealing black hair hanging straight around a pale, sad face.
"Do you remember me?" His voice was a deep honey to Riza's ears making her head feel like it was splitting in two but... his name and who he was wouldn't come to her.
"No, I do not, sir. Please, state your business quickly, I am very tired." Riza stayed cool on the outside while a voice screamed incoherently in her ear. Was it trying to warn her?
"I'm Leiutenant Colonel Roy Mustang..." His words faded off to her ears, the room turned black as she continued to stand there.
She turned in the blackness, cold slivering into her heart. Riza couldn't tell what was happening, all she knew was that she had invited a stranger into her home and now she wasn't there with him.
The gun went from being close in her hands to actually being in them, on instinct it was ready for her use. Stillness enveloped her with the quiet until something cut her heels, making her move forward only to be cut again.
To avoid the cuts she ran, gun pointed into the blackness behind her, trying to pinpoint what it was but not waste her bullets. Heels throbbing she continued this for an unknown amount of time until finally something grabbed her and held her back to the solid plane of their front.
"Riza. I'm here." The voice flushed memories into her vision of Roy, all the times they had been together and she relaxed into his arms, allowing the comfort this time because it couldn't be real, it wasn't possible for that.

----------

All that Riza could see was Roy standing in front of a huge door carved with a huge eye and other symbols. He was right there, so close that she could reach out and most likely touch him but something about the door had her staring at it, enraptured.
A burning sensation flared along her back, the burn scar over the symbol on her back not seeming to be there anymore as she felt warmth highlight what she knew had once existed on her back. The burning increased and broke her stare upon the door, making her eyes squint slightly as she flinched.
Still Roy stood enraptured by the door though, his dark eyes glued to it as it began to open slowly. Eyes stared out at both Roy and Riza, sending a warning chill down her spine. She moved forward to grab Roy and drag him back to protect him in some fashion, even though her gun was no where to be found.
"Roy, move away from the door." She had steel in her voice but it wasn't mean, just firm.
There was no response from him as he stayed still, unwilling to budge as the black strings with hands on the end came closer to them. They wrapped around his limbs, snapping him from his daze and making him try to pull back.
The hands were grabbing Riza's limbs as she struggled to push Roy back, trying to get him safe to the best of her ability. She felt like cursing the fact that she didn't have a gun in her hand or somewhere within reach as her attempts and Roy's own attempts were failing miserably.
They both began being dragged backwards to all those eyes and darkness.
Roy's hand grasped Riza as he shook his head at her to quit struggling, there was no way that they could escape and he knew it. All Riza could do was grasp his hands in return and pull herself closer, close enough that they were mere centimeters from each other. The love in her heart swelled to cover the fear that was cracking into her calm demeanor while she looked into Roy's pale face and dark eyes. He pulled her head in for a kiss, a solid one but tender, before pulling back with a small smile.
"So much for all those mini-skirts at the headquarters." Roy gave a slight laugh, mischief showing in his haunted eyes. Riza smiled lightly back before looking towards those eyes that had seemed to grow as they were already part way through the door.
"We're half past the point of oblivion. No turning back now. Just don't let go, sir... Roy." Riza said the words as she would normally state things to him.
With that they were dragged the rest of the way into the eyes, the door closing behind them, their hands still intertwined.

----------

Black Hayate was curled up under the kitchen table, sleeping soundly as Riza sat at the table, occasionally rubbing her foot down Hayate's back.
Sipping her tea casually as she sat at the worn table, only now it had an addition to it. A gift from far away lands with a note in it.
The hourglass sat as quietly as she did, it's intricate designs throughout only possible with alchemy of high skills. The sand inside was a mix of gold and red, the red making her think of the blood she had seen coat the dirt roads and sands of Ishbal.
On closer inspection though, it was easy to prove it wasn't blood, it was just the color of the sand worn out of clay on some piece of land.
The note engraved into the glass spoke of death when it ran out, that once the last grain hit the bottom someone would die, she just didn't know who. Scooting her chair back Riza took her now empty cup to the sink and washed it briefly, setting it upside down in the sink once she had finished. Hayate lifted up that black and white head, looking at her with very wise eyes before laying his head back down.
Riza grabbed her gun and coat, quickly leaving the house to go see someone before things went south and panic set in. The hourglass was only partially drained, there was at least another thirty minutes, if not more, left before someone was killed.
The walk seemed to take forever and each step had a doomed feeling setting harder into her chest but she kept going until she reached the place she worked. Pausing in front of the building her eyes roamed the windows, wondering if he was here and not off doing something else.
Footsteps sounded from the hallway to the front doors announcing the arrival of someone leaving the building. Out stepped Roy, his own coat on and his white gloves gracing his hands as they normally did.
He smiled when he saw her standing there, walking towards her with his arms hanging loosely at his side.
"What are you doing out on this chilly night?" His eyes sobered slightly as he got closer, a better distance for hiding expressions, "Time is almost up." His smile had stayed but the knowing in his eyes contradicted that smile.
"I have something to say, sir. I love you." With that she quickly kissed him and began to walk back towards her home.
Roy stood shocked for a moment before he hurried to catch her. "Why are you only telling me this now? Why not sooner?" His eyes seemed to plead for an answer, his usual cockiness well gone.
A small smile graced her lips, "Because now seemed like the best time."
Roy ran a hand through his hair, sighing, before he straightened and looked her in the eyes, a spark glowing in those dark depths. "I wish it hadn't taken a trick like that to get a confession from you." With that Roy pulled her into his arms and gave her a kiss.

----------

Stars glittered across the midnight blue sky, twinkling so bright and clear that the few clouds that floated by were almost a bleached out white. The moon sat amongst them, a large disk that seemed to close the Riza could reach out and pull it close but she knew it was impossible.
Her eye wandered from the sky to the calming sight of the river flowing beside her. At one point she had wished to catch some of the stars and the moon but those were childish fantasies that would never come true.
Rough streets were just a few feet away but she wanted to walk in the grass to savor the night and the sounds of that small river. Her shoes were a few steps away but she wasn't going to wear them when the dew was so pleasant.
Letting her mind go blank, she let her feet move her forward just letting sensations put small clouds in her brain. The feel of her ever present gun, the tickle of the grass, the coolness of the slight breeze, the water covering her feet, her clothes brushing her skin, her hair tickling her neck and back as it flowed, the smells of the earth and the sound of the water rushing by. Everything else was quiet at this hour, that was why she liked to be outside at this time when no one else wanted to be out.
At first her legs moved slow, a calm walking pace before picking up the pace step by step. She didn't open her eyes again until she felt herself running all out across the grass, heading along the river edge.
A light smile spread over Riza's face as she ran, her breath becoming more ragged until she almost ran someone over. She almost skidded her bare feet through the grass and landed in the arms of the person there, who was chuckling lightly at her. She pulled back, a slight reddening of her face, and looked away.
"I apologize Lieutenant Colonel Roy Mustang." She whispered the words as the breeze whisked them away, seeming to make him laugh a little harder.
"You always run to me and only walk to others." Roy's words held a loving sound to them, knowing they were alone.
Riza looked up at his dark eyes, internal joy spreading throughout her body as she nodded and walked all the way back to her shoes.

----------

The air was clear away from Central, a nice crispness to it as Riza breathed it in easily. She had forgotten the almost sweet taste of the air out here compared to the dusty air of Central.
Riza sat under a tree, thick branches blocking her from the sunlight as she waited there for Roy to finish what he wanted to do alone. Her gun was nestled up against her back, where she always kept it, but even though it poked her it was still a comfort. Maybe having that is why she was willing to wait outside under a tree as Roy did his business by himself.
Briefly, Riza closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath only to have the breath stolen away by a pair of lips against hers. She instantly pulled back, gun already in hand and ready to shoot who dared to do that to her.
The gun was pointed straight at Roy, standing there nonchalantly laughing at her reaction to his kiss. She slowly set the gun down as she looked at him, waiting for an explanation.
"I just wanted a taste of your breath with this sweet air." With that he smiled, sucking in his own breath, and kissed her again to make it even, allowing her to understand that the kiss was that much sweeter with that air mingled in.

----------

The room was bare of anything, painted a light brown to make it still seem spacious when it was relatively small. A door led out of it but there was no handle on the inside and the door seemed to blend into the room so that it was hard to find. Sitting in the center of the room was a young woman, blond hair tied up tight as she sat there, waiting for the ending of the item being tattooed into her back.
The door cracked open and a male came in, hugging her tight before he turned her around to finish what he was doing to her back, she winced slightly but kept her pain inside as she had so often learned to do.
Time passed, how much she didn't know, but at the end the male smiled a little at his daughter, before whispering into her ear that the tattoo on her back was for another, that she must find him and show him this.
When he had died she did just that, hunting for the dark-eyed, black haired man that was known as the Flame Alchemist.
When she had finally found him, she served under him, passing along what her father had engraved into her back once she felt she could trust the male. Deciphering the symbol while also knowing more about this female he now knew as Riza Hawkeye as time had passed. Finding it best not to let another know about the discovery that was made by her father Roy asked to burn it away... And she consented.
She laid before him, her back exposed and fear running in her at the thought of him burning it but as she had always done, she kept herself calm on the outside. She heard the snap and felt the searing pain along her back, flaring her fear higher as she flinched under the pain.
After wards Roy Mustang bandaged her back with a salve underneath, kissing her shoulder lightly as a plea for forgiveness at the pain.
"I'm sorry. I bet you were afraid before you felt the burn... I apologize." Roy whispered the words into her ear and she twisted around to look him in the face.
"Fear is not something I know." But they both knew otherwise.

----------

Spring was in full swing, flowers blooming in a rainbow of colors all across the garden that left a sweet scent to mingle with the earthy scent. The garden circled around a table and chairs that were made to look like plants sprouting up from the earth.
Riza looked around, puzzled by her scenery and the sight of Roy sitting at the table with coffee. As she approached he looked up, smiling broadly at her.
"Come sit here, sugar." He patted the arm of the empty chair but Riza only stood there, staring in utter confusion.
"Sugar?" Her tone was full of disbelief that he had called her that, he would never be the type to do that.
As she stood there the scene began to melt away, her mind mulling over the bizarre scene that had just occurred. Soon all thought ceased as she stood in the dark chasm, still puzzled over the scene that had occurred, that enveloped her in it until the rays of light brushed it away once more.

----------

Laying out in the cool grass, Riza gazed upon the night sky, something she adored as it twinkled forever above her. She knew that she could get forever lost in its beauty and never fear but still this was the real world and her gun was her protection.
As she laid there a sound of someone trying to be quiet in their approach stopped some of the night sounds and had Riza reaching for her pistol until she saw the black haired male.
"May I join you?" He sat next to her anyway, not waiting to see if she would say no.
She sat up next to him, feeling at a disadvantage laying as she had been. Roy had pulled up one knee to rest his head on while his arms were wrapped around it, like he was trying to disappear almost. His dark eyes reflected the trillions of stars above that he was staring at, looking for solace.
"Are you thinking of Ishbal again, sir?" Riza kept her voice quiet, soft as a gentle breeze, but still he flinched, his haunted eyes still gazing up.
This was not uncommon for him to remember but she wished he would not torture himself over something that could not be changed. Wrapping her arms around him from behind, she held him close to her heart and he willingly relaxed into her.
"Even though I'm a murderer... Could you bear to live with me? Be mine?" Roy's words were quiet and held a graveled sorrow and sincerity, his shoulders a little tenser.
Riza released him, watching his head bow in defeat, before scooting around to kneel in front of him and see his pale face.
"I could and would." It was as simple as that, the truth of how they both felt spilled before them as he embraced her, hiding his face into her blond hair.
This perfect moment, where they fit together so wonderfully and wholly, made her send up a wish to something, anything, to let this night be endless as the stars that were twinkling above her. Yet, as the stars twinkle, they die and as she held him in her arms, the whole world disappeared.

----------

"Do you always look at the moon and stars at night?" The words were a sweet teasing but not meant for hurting as Roy's hair ruffled in the light breeze.
"Sir, I do and I see no problem in this." Riza was sitting on the roof, her normal seat to overlook the city like some superhero and to look at the sky and reach for something she could never attain.
Taking a seat next to her he gazed at the full pale disc that lit most of the earth and laid his hand upon hers. Riza did not object to this for it was some contact with Roy that no one could discriminate against or find too deep a meaning in as they sat there. In her mind there, she wished she could lasso that disc, bringing it down to earth where it would pale in comparison to Roy's pale skin and dark hair and eyes.
Then she would pull down a couple stars that would consent that their own fire was to dull next to Roy's sparks and loving fire. But these were only fanciful and over-exaggerated thoughts that Riza had.
As if reading her thoughts Roy suddenly stood, pulling her up with him and point at the moon and two closest stars.
"Those right there, will you lasso them? Truly bring them down from their seat of glory?" His words were loud to her ears in the quiet night but Riza nodded, knowing that if it were in her power she would.
"Then try, grab that rope and try." Roy pointed to the rope she had laid out for emergencies if someone fell off her roof but, as he picked it up to hand to her she felt utterly foolish.
Something inside her told her she could but her logical brain debunked the theory as easy myth, even as Roy put the rough rope into her hands.
Sighing, Riza knew she could not back out now and readied the rope to be thrown, twirling it around herself before casting it up and... around the moon and stars! Her shock was evident as she tugged and the three came closer to her. Continuing to pull until the items were within a hands reach she touched them before turning to Roy, who now was smiling at her.
He came forward, pressing a light kiss on her lips before separating, his smile was joyful.
"You would do so much for me. Thank you."

----------

Many nights had gone by now since the beginning of Riza's dreams. They had frequently awoken her with tears or love and always a harder resolve to know if the truth existed in those dreams on occasion.
It was now twenty-one night after her first dream that she could still remember of Roy, all of them somehow leading her back to loving him more. Was her mind trying to tell her something? It couldn't be, especially when she merely worked for Roy, she was nothing more than another woman to him.
That though in mind, she climbed out of her bed, stepping over Black Hayate who was sleeping by it. She readied for another day of work well before it was time to go, another day with Roy Mustang and the day she would truly test this "love."
The house was secure when she left it later, Black Hayate guarding over what little she had in there. Her guns were nestles at her sides, where they would always belong, even in her dreams. Upon entering the main building to work, Riza just followed her feet to the room she worked in with Roy.
The door opened without a sound, she made sure to keep it that way, and entered with her usual air of power and knowledge to find Roy asleep on his papers. Her shoulders slumped a little as a small smile broke across her face at the tender sight of him sleeping. Lifting his head from the papers, she moved them away, replacing them with a seat pillow for his head.
Mumbles came from his mouth in his sleep as he laid there, words that sounded loving and affectionate to Riza's ears but they were just the ramblings of sleep. The clock above his head read to be only three in the morning but soon the time would pass as she began working on the paper work that had been left undone.
About thirty minutes later she stopped and stretched, noticing then that the sounds from Roy had completely stopped. Looking over Riza felt at a loss as she saw Roy was no longer there. Standing she looked around the room, expecting another dream to melt away and for her to truly wake up this time. At this point arms pulled Riza back to pin her against the wall, not roughly but firm enough to hold her.
Dark eyes bored into her lighter ones, searching for something but what the something was only Roy knew.
"Why do you always come in early? Help with all this work? Defend me?" Roy's voice was almost deadly quiet and the dark rings under his eyes showed that he hadn't been sleeping well.
Not knowing what to say, Riza kept her face cool and collected, knowing that emotions were not best at these times.
"Answer me, please... Riza, answer me." Riza's eyes widened a little, he never called her by her first name except for in her dreams, only there would she hear her name like that.
His eye were desperate as they looked at her, almost begging her to answer him and he knew that it would be honestly, Riza was not one for lying.
A brief sigh of resignation left Riza, "Because I... love you, sir." Riza was slightly red but kept as cool as she could in the situation.
The kiss the came upon her was an unexpected surprise, though, his lips sweeter than the ones she had dreamed of, better than her mind could ever dare to recreate.
"Finally. I love you too Riza. I love you too." He kissed her again, his eyes glittering with tears.
Riza could never have hoped for this to be that easy, waiting still for the world to go away and turn into a dream again but the longer she stayed with him like that the more certain she became of the reality of this.
The breath had stalled in her lungs, face reflecting merely a fraction of her love before she whispered to herself, "Will it ever get better than tonight?"
Roy released her, relieved and happy laughter bubbling up, "I believe it will!" With that the stash of glitter in his desk was yanked out and he tossed it over Riza, a sweet smile spread over his pale face that held such hope for a wonderful future.

--------
Yet, who knows what the future brings.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 12-05-2010, 08:07 PM

I went ahead and deleted the other thread you made with this same story in it. Please just go back and edit your original thread instead of making a second one. It's not really fair for you to earn gold from posting the same thing multiple times. :yes: