say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-24-2011, 06:42 PM

This is my Dramione Harry Potter fan fic and I hope you all enjoy it. Feel free to leave some comments/ratings/critcism(constructive only) in between chapters. Also note that sadly I own none of these charcters. I make no money for this and write cause I think its fun <3 Enjoy!

Chapter 1:

Hermione felt the familiar warmth of excitement as she looked over at the Hogwarts letter in her hands. The war had ended, Voldemort was dead, and despite their losses, the Golden Trio was going back to Hogwarts to finish their seventh year. Running her fingers over the ink-filled page, Hermione reread the words for the third time that morning.

Dear Miss Hermione Granger,
We are pleased to inform you that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is opening its doors again this September 1st so that students may finish their schooling. We hope that we will see you back to finish your seventh term. Also, it brings us great pleasure to award you the title of Head Girl chosen for you because of your dedication to your friends and fellow students along with your ability to excel academically. Attached is a list for school supplies required for your classes along with your Head Girl badge and list of duties that you will have to attend to upon your arrival the first day of school.
In hopes of seeing you soon,
Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Minerva McGonagall

The gold pin twirled in her fingers and Hermione found herself fascinated with it being probably one of the most beautiful things she'd ever seen. The badge was relatively small with a gold rim and maroon background that held a golden lion figure. Occasionally the lion figure would move, shooting fire out of its mouth, where a bright gold HG would appear before the scene would replay itself.

Hermione smiled again as she saw the Professor's, or rather Headmistress', signature on the bottom. It seemed perfectly fitting that McGonagall was appointed to replace Dumbledore. Hermione pondered the rumor that some whispered around school about Professor McGonagall and late Headmaster being lovers but she quickly banished the thought from her head.

A tapping on the window snapped Hermione back to her bedroom as she turned to the window and saw a gray owl perched on its ledge. “Errol!” Hermoine called happily, walking over to the Weasley family owl. Hermione dashed to her window and flung it open to pet the owl's small head. “What have you got there?” She asked with a smile as she untied the note that dangled from the owl's foot and gave its head another pet, before it flew about the room, waiting for her response.

Hermione left her window open a few moments longer to breathe in the salty air coming from the beach just down the road from her home. Closing the glass pane, trapping both her and the owl inside, Hermione brought the letter to her desk and opened it up, greedily reading the words from her friends.

Hermione! Hogwarts! Can't wait to go back. Ron and Harry are excited for school too (for once). And can you believe McGonagall got Headmistress? I mean you shouldn't be shocked. She's perfect for the job! Anyways, we're all at the Burrow so join us soon!
Your best friend in the whole wide world,
Ginny

Hermione’s grin widened more, her jaw becoming a bit sore from all the smiling that had taken place since this morning. Only a twinge of disappoint settled in her stomach as she realized Ron hadn't written her back yet. The two had been separated at the train station after his brother's funeral and her stomach warmed as she remembered his arms wrapped tightly around her, the way his lips had stolen a kiss onto her neck while hidden beneath her hair. Hermione’s eyes closed as she thought about Ron whispering ‘I love you’ in her ear before they both left their separate ways. Suddenly, her heart was hammering, and it seemed the only way to calm it was to return to the safety of his arms.

“Hermione?” Her mother asked, causing Hermione's eyes to pop open. Hermione set the letter aside and promptly shot across the room to wrap her arms around her mother's waist. She had done this nearly every time she saw her parents nowadays. They weren't sure why but Hermione was infinitely grateful for the Hogwarts' staff combined efforts in returning her parents' memories. “Good morning to you too, darling.” Her mother laughed happily. “What's got you in such a good mood?” She asked before spotting the letters on the bed. “Oh.” Her mother’s mouth dropped open as she realized her daughter would be leaving for school again.

“Mum, it’s my last year and I made Head Girl! Can you believe it?” Hermione cried happily and her mother managed a smile. “We're going back. And McGonagall is Headmistress, you remember her, don't you? Oh, I can't wait. And everyone's at the Burrow waiting for me. I've missed them all so much,” Hermione gushed in a very un-Hermione fashion.

“Calm down, honey. You're talking too fast.” Hermione's mum laughed as she put a kiss on her daughter's forehead. “I love you and I'm so happy for you. How about a celebratory dinner tonight? When did you want to leave for the Burrow?” She asked.

Hermione knew she would break her mother's heart if she answered ‘as soon as possible’ but she was bursting to be back with her friends. “I was hoping tomorrow afternoon. I was just going to write Ginny back,” Hermoine said with a shy smile, hoping her mother wasn't hurt by her answer.

“Alright, dear,” her mother said and Hermione's stomach twisted a bit as she heard the small disappointment in her voice.

“It’s just… I've missed everyone so much,” Hermione explained with a small frown.

“Oh, of course you did, honey. After everything you guys have been through, I'm not surprised that you want to go back,” her mother said, her voice turning lighter. “I love you but don't forget to write us here,” she half-teased.

“I would never.” Hermione smiled as she scribbled a response to Ginny and hooked it to Errol's foot, before releasing him back outside. When her message had been sent, Hermione turned back to her mother and the two went downstairs to tell Hermione's father the news.
~*~*~*
“Unworthy!” A swift kick to the stomach sent stars flying through Hermione’s vision. “Vile!” Another kick had Hermione gasping for air.

“Please,” Hermione sobbed as she writhed on the floor, arms crossed over her stomach. Bellatrix Lestrange’s face twisted in disgust, then she bent over the witch on the floor so that their noses were almost close enough to touch.

“You are nothing but filth. You would do best to remember that.” An evil grin found its way on the pureblood witch’s face before she straightened her back and retreated from the room.

Hermione coughed small, gasping breaths before shifting so that she lay on her back. A flash of a figure to her left caused Hermione to tilt her head to the side. It was Malfoy. He was watching her so intently that she flinched again, silently praying he wouldn’t take over the torture in his aunt’s absence. Malfoy’s pink lips were curled in repulsion and his face contorted as if he was repressing the urge to vomit.

Hermione sighed with relief as Malfoy stood his place and made no move to touch her. Her eyes wandered over his shirt to count the long line of silver button; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. Hermione’s eyes rolled back to the ceiling as a haze of black fell over her, drowning out the pain as she slipped into an unconscious state.

~*~*~*~

“Hermione?” Hermione’s mother’s, Allison, panic laden voice caused Hermione’s eyes to snap open. “Hermione, dear, why are you crying?” Her mother asked quietly as she perched on the side of her daughter’s bed.

“I-I was just having a bad dream.” Hermione sighed as she pressed her hand against her cheeks to rid them of the tears that had been streaming down her face. The pillow under her had wet stains and Hermione blinked the rest away before wrapping her arms protectively around her mother’s waist.

“It’s okay, darling,” her mother soothed as she petted Hermione’s hair. “It’s all going to be okay. Do you still want to leave for the Burrow today? If you need more time, that’s fine,” she said and Hermione detected a hint of hope in her voice.

“The Burrow.” Hermione shook her head to rid it of any remnants of her dream to focus on the present. “I’m fine. Really. I just need to finish packing.” Hermione smiled up at her mother before getting out of her bed and stretching her hands over her head.

“At least stay for breakfast,” Hermione’s mother said as she too stood from the bed. “There’s some toast and tea in the kitchen. Get dressed then come on down,” she said before walking out of the room and heading back downstairs.

Hermione changed into a simple pair of jean shorts and one of her new floral tank tops, finishing it with a small green cardigan. Her trunk was sitting in the corner, only half filled with her clothes, and waiting to be packed with school supplies. Hermione said a last goodbye to her room as she brought her trunk out to the hall and downstairs, leaving it just inside their front door before she went to the kitchen for breakfast.

“Be safe.”
“Have fun.”
“Don’t forget to write.”
“Don’t forget us.”

Hermione’s parents said their usual goodbyes before giving their usual hugs and kisses. Once they had stepped back, Hermione shut her eyes and held Crookshanks under her right arm while gripping her trunk in her left hand. A large crack signaled her disappearance from the foyer and when Hermione opened her eyes again she found herself in the living room of the reconstructed Burrow.

“She's here!”
“She's back?”
“You made it!”
“Hermione!”

The last voice was matched to a gangly red head and as Hermione set the trunk down, Crookshanks nearly jumping out of her arms as the young brunette ran to her boyfriend. “Ron.” She smiled happily as they flung into each other's arms, Ron lifting his girlfriend off her feet as he swung her around once. “I missed you,” Hermione whispered contently as the rest of the gang gathered into the room, shuffling and looking away to give the two a moment.

“I missed you too,” Ron whispered and Hermione felt electric sparks shoot through her at the sound of his voice. She couldn't help but notice how his voice had deepened from seven long years ago when he had been just a boy to her.

“Okay, stop hogging her,” Ginny whined as she stepped forward, causing Hermione to turn her attention away from the youngest male Weasley and instead to her friend.

“Ginny! I can't wait to get back to Hogwarts.” Hermione laughed and she and Ginny wrapped each other in a hug before Harry approached and gave her a friendly kiss on the cheek.

“Of course you're excited- can't wait to get back to the library, I'm sure,” Harry teased as Ron's hands sneaked around Hermione's waist to hold her close to him, a blush spreading on Hermione's pale cheeks.

“Oh hush. And you guys won't believe the good news.” Hermione grinned as she pushed aside her cardigan and showed them the Head Girl pin that was attached to her tank top, resulting in grins all around.

“Going to be helping us sneak out of detentions then, right?” Ron asked cheerfully as his arms gave her a gentle squeeze.

“Absolutely not.” Hermione rolled her eyes before reluctantly slipping out of his grasp to approach his family, minus one very missed twin. “Hello Mrs. Weasley.” She smiled before being wrapped up in Molly Weasley's bosom for a lung crushing hug.

“Welcome back, honey. I'm making a big meal tonight and tomorrow we'll get you all off to Diagon Alley to buy your things.” She laughed, a bit forcefully, and Hermione moved down the line of Weasley's before putting a warm hug around George.

Hermione tried to not show any pity as she knew that berating him with it would only make losing his other half much worse. “Hey there, Mione. Good to see you again. Ron hasn't stopped talking about you,” He looked over to Ron, causing the boy's ears to redden. Hermione had to admit that George's appearance seemed a lot more composed since she saw him at the funeral months ago. But there was something missing in his eyes that made her heart ache.

Turning back to her friends as the Weasley family separated throughout the house, Hermione picked up her trunk and the four traveled upstairs to her shared bedroom with Ginny. Though Hermione was sure neither her nor Ginny would be spending the evening there tonight. The thought alone made her blush.

The four were split on the beds with Harry laying down, Ginny at his feet on her bed and Hermione resting against Ron's side on her own. “I've missed you guys so much.” Hermione smiled contently as the familiar ease fell over them. It was never complicated when Hermione was with them, even when her and Ron would be fighting they always fit together like four pieces of a perfect puzzle.

“We missed you too. It’s about time we got a year at Hogwarts free from worry about being attacked.” Ginny frowned.

“Or worrying about losing students,” Harry added.

“Or Voldemort.” Hermione frowned and Harry's hand instinctively rubbed the pain-free scar on his forehead.

“Wow guys, I thought we were supposed to be happy,” Ron teased as he poked Hermione's sides. “Not dwelling on bad memories.”

“For once, Ron is right.” Ginny laughed and the four dissolved into their usual banter as they discussed their summers, and the upcoming school year until they heard Mrs. Weasley's voice summoning them downstairs for supper.

~*~*~*~

The meal that night had been delicious and Hermione was perfectly happy in her sweatpants and tank top as she curled into Ron's side. Harry and Ginny had 'gone to sleep' only a few hours after dinner and now Hermione was lounging in Ron's bed as he ran his fingers through her frizzy hair.

“I know you're Head Girl and all but that doesn't mean you're not going to help us with homework anymore... right?” Ron asked with a small, tired smile and Hermione rolled her eyes before propping herself on her elbow to look at him.

“I'm not going to do all of yours and Harry's homework this year. I'm going to be just as busy with my homework.” She grinned before pressing a soft kiss against his lips, feeling his muscles tense under her as she leaned closer into him.

“Mione.” Ron sighed, a small ripple going down her back as he pulled her closer to him working his lips over hers. “Promise you won't let me fail this year,” He half-teased before covering her lips once again.

“You're not going to fail,” Hermione assured him as she pressed dangerously close to his pressure points, tempting him slightly despite how wrong she knew it was. His parents were in the house for goodness’ sake. Though, that didn't stop Hermione's hands from traveling over the smooth cloth of Ron's shirt and slipping beneath to the chiseled muscles. He must have been keeping up with his Quidditch workouts because his soft muscles before had deepened.

“I love you, Hermione,” Ron whispered as he lightly ground their hips together. A stiff part of Ron's body pressed against Hermione and a small gasp fell from her lips. Her hormones were raging for her to continue but this feeling was so adult, something she'd never experienced before, and it was scaring her.

All of them had matured considerably throughout the war, though this was something new and foreign that it had Hermione shaking as she pulled away, putting a distance between her and Ron. Well, as much distance as was possible when one was sitting on a twin mattress.

“Hermione?” Ron asked through his confusion and embarrassment. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you off. I thought....” But he didn't need to finish.

“No, I mean, I want to. I just can't.” Hermione frowned. She felt like a coward. She knew what Ron wanted and she thought she had wanted the same thing. However, when the opportunity was in front of her, or rather pressing into her stomach, she had shied away like a fool.

“I'm sorry,” Ron mumbled lamely, disappointment clear in his voice.

“Maybe I should sleep in my room tonight,” Hermione offered as she started to climb out of the covers, goose bumps rising on her exposed arm from how cold the room was outside the safety of the heavy comforter.

“No,” Ron said too quickly as he reached out and tucked her safely back into his side. “I promise I'll behave,” he reasoned, loosening his grip as to not squeeze her too tight. “I've waited months to see you again. Please stay with me?” He asked and the innocence in his voice kept Hermione in his arms, her face resting against his neck as she breathed in his scent.

Ron fell asleep shortly after wards however Hermione was still awake a few hours later. Hermione tried to focus on sleep, willing it to come, but her thoughts kept drifting away from her and eventually she found herself focusing on the dream she’d had the other night. She hadn’t remembered Malfoy being there before. Of course he must’ve been there considering she had been tortured in his home but Hermione never remembered him watching her. Suddenly, an idea popped into Hermione’s brain and she snuck a look over to Ron’s desk in the corner of his room.

Hermione crept stealthily out of the bed she was sharing with Ron and made her way over to the rarely-used desk in the corner. Luckily, she was able to find a piece of parchment and ink without disturbing the sleeping boy behind her. Unsure of how to start, Hermione simply began to write…

Dear Luna,
I hope you’ve had a good summer……

Last edited by say-i-love-you; 06-03-2011 at 05:22 PM..