CuteKitten1211
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 PM

"Britt, don't forget to make the brownies!" Grandma called from the living room downstairs.

"Oh, yeah! I forgot!" Britt shouted, heading back down and into the kitchen to make the brownies.

"I have the box sitting on the stove."

"Okay," she said, more to herself than to Grandma, reading the back of the box.

Brittany retrieved a bowl and a fork to mix the water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in, as well as the brownie pan to bake them in. She was so absorbed in her task that she didn't even realize that her grandmother's temporary guest had followed her into the kitchen.

"One-fourth cups of water..." she filled the measuring cup to the one-fourth mark, poured it into the bowl with the powder, and began to stir.

"Two-thirds cups of vegetable oil..." she read to herself as she stirred.

"I'll get it for you!" her tag-along, Vash, announced, making her jump.

Britt blushed, embarrassed at having been caught so completely off guard. "Vash! I didn't know you were there!"

He laughed. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you."

And just like that, Vash thought as he poured the oil into the bowl Brittany was holding, her guard goes back up.

"It's alright."

She now became even more absorbed in stirring, because not only was the brownie mixture thickening, but she didn't want to have to look at Vash. She found him extremely attractive, and she easily became flustered around beautiful men. She didn't want him to see that.

"Hey, d'you mind getting me two eggs?" she asked.

"No problem!" He retrieved the eggs and smiled at her, her heart stopping for a second. Brittany took the eggs quickly.

She poured the mixture into the pan and then called for her brother and little cousin. "Stephen! Alex!" They came hurrying in, knowing she would have the bowl and spoon ready for them to lick clean.

Once the pan was in the oven, Brittany hurried out of the kitchen, eager to be away from Vash and the strange, yet pleasant, effect he sometimes had on her.

"Aww, but I wanted to lick the spoon..." Vash complained to the empty kitchen.

Damn, but that girl was difficult to get through to!