Christopher Drew
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 AM

This is my first pixel chibi art i ever made. I made it out of scratch so rate and tell my what you think its pretty terrible but i tried hard! :illgetu: Be honest, i wont hurt! I swear!

-Christopher
:yumeh1:

dgfehtt Pictures, dgfehtt Images, dgfehtt Photos, dgfehtt Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

IngridInnsbruck
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-21-2010, 11:42 PM

Can't see it. Post a link please?

zazabar
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to zazabar

Old 06-22-2010, 08:27 PM

The border is a little thick and uneven. Would probably look a lot better otherwise.

Alexagirlie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-27-2010, 07:10 AM

did you use a premade base for this or is it done from scratch? not to be mean or anything it just looked a lot like some I've seen on KawaiiHannah's website
anyways onto crit
its pretty good for your first time, but i believe this is room for quite a bit of improvement as well
it would help if you did the thickness for all the outlines the same, the hair looks pretty think and painterly which makes it look a little odd on your base
and i think it would be better if you put the same kind of shading in the hair and clothes as you did in the eyes, which seem like the best part for me
hair's shading is... kinda wonky for me, looks more like you took the brush tool and painted it in instead of using the pen tool and pixelling it in, it could also use some shine
the cloths don't look like they have any shading but i just might not be seeing it
the site i linked above as some great tutorials on colouring and shading which might really help you
i could also link you to a forum topic on another site that has a HUGE list of pixel tutorials if you want

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 AM

That is so cute!

Freiheitsflugel
The Tokio Hotel worshipper...

Old 07-05-2010, 01:38 AM

i can tell a KawaiiHannah base from a group of 20 pixel dolls.... anywayyysss...

If its your first pixel art, you'll eventually get better after a while. My first pixel was crappy. And this looks a little like how I started. One MAJOR thing, keep the lineart 1 pixel wide. Its a pretty small doll so you wanna keep everything in proprtion. If it were a bigger doll, then a border like that would be proper.

And uhhh...work on the hair.