Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via AIM to Ise Send a message via MSN to Ise

Old 12-02-2008, 05:20 AM

Yeaaahh... haven't posted anything in awhile. Haven't really been doing much in the way of art, too busy/stressed etc. Life sucks that way.

Here's a current WIP, overdue piece for my beau of our OCs. I'd been meaning to revamp my old tango piece for years now.

I'm currently trying to determine what kind of scene I want them in... I know I want it outdoors, a pillar of some variety (non-Greek or Roman, something more Indian or tribal). Maybe something tropical... though peacocks aren't exactly in tropical conditions most of the time. I'm not sure yet.

Last edited by Ise; 09-16-2009 at 08:50 PM..

plxx

Old 12-02-2008, 02:11 PM

hmm, the only major errors i see, are that her hand looks really small in comparison to the rest of her body, i think her arm pit should be wider so that it connects to the body more fluidly like it does in life instead of poking out like a stick, and... there is something off in the face but i just cant quite figure out what it is. i think it maybe the angle of the face does not match the angle of her head.
since this is done in ink i realize these mistakes cannot be corrected and still keep the image looking professional and clean, however they are suggestions for future works (:
all in all your linework is very nice and clean and pro looking, it is just the anatomy of the figure that is awkward. i do love your detail work as well.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-03-2008, 10:43 PM

Wow!thats amazing!its so beautiful.its detailed very well i say :) keep up the good work okie

Vanilla-Parfait

Old 12-04-2008, 12:20 AM

Very lovely! I would say that the hand does look awkward, like it's not holding it right, and I agree that there is something somewhat off about the face. However, it looks very nice, and I really like your attention to detail. Keep up the good work (:

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 AM

wow that is so awesome, Wish I has even a little art talent.

Don't suppose I could ask you to draw a little freebie art for my teams pirate mascot.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 PM

>.>; Stuff is new.. sort of.

Maka-chan
Pm Me To Role-play With Me
Send a message via AIM to Maka-chan Send a message via MSN to Maka-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Maka-chan

Old 09-16-2009, 10:04 PM

wow your work is so beautiful!say what does WIP mean i forgot x3

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 PM

Wow, that looks like a really complicated angle O_O

It's really beautiful, and graceful looking. I bet it's going to look even more awesome when your finished, you rock! lol

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-18-2009, 05:46 PM

Maka-chan: Thank you. x3;; I've been trying desperately to improve on the original one I did years ago. It's in my scraps on DA and it's still my most fav'd piece. Drives me nuts -3-;;;

Ah, WIP = work in progress. It's not completed yet. I have the bg to complete, detailing and then it's a matter of deciding if I plan on inking or coloring it.

fuyumi: xD;; yeaaah... I'm a glutton for punishment. It's killing me, so hopefully it doesn't look too awkward.

Thank you <3

Maka-chan
Pm Me To Role-play With Me
Send a message via AIM to Maka-chan Send a message via MSN to Maka-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Maka-chan

Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 PM

Ise
i think you'll be improving a lot
im still trying to improve

ENORCA
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to ENORCA

Old 09-20-2009, 10:48 AM

I think that the hands are good in size. For me the legs are to short XD
but it's always like this - everyone have their own view for "perfect proportions".

Anyway - really nice drawing :>

Chocolahime
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 PM

Quite fantastic, I like that I can really feel the movement of the fabric.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-27-2009, 12:49 AM

Maka-chan: Thanks, it feels like I haven't done much improving since I graduated, but that's my own fault because I haven't done much of anything but sketching now and again. I need to get more serious about it again. ^^;;

ENORCA: Thanks for the impromptu crit? XD It is true, everyone has their own ideal proportions. As it is, these ones are definitely elongated more than they should be, but that's how I personally like it myself. The hands are a little small on Teridon and Yoki's a bit too long. I need to fix her arm a bit, lol. The legs on Teridon I am considering a touch too short, not decided yet. It might make Yoki's seem better proportioned if I lengthened him a touch because she feels too long in his arms to me.

chocolahime: Thank you. ^^ I try my best to incorporate movement in most of my pieces if not the heaviness of fabrics and whatnot. Makes it more appealing to me personally.

NEW WIP: This is a crappy scan that I didn't really level or clean up as it was just meant to be a ref for a commission, but it's something else of Yoki I'm working on. I'm rather obsessed with peacock feather motifs lately.. xD;

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-27-2009, 04:29 AM

Beautiful style Ise, very nice. Would love to see some in color.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-28-2009, 06:52 PM

Thanks, Aoi.

And lol, so I hear from most people. Color and I have a very rocky relationship, though, as you can see in the muddiness of this WIP:

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 09-29-2009, 12:20 AM

Okay, I'm officially your fan. Your drawings are so beautiful and dramatic, I love them.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-29-2009, 03:04 AM

o.o; Oro? Nothing to be a fan of xD; They're just drawings, nothing finished or really worth oogling, ne?

Emo Cupcake
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Emo Cupcake

Old 10-08-2009, 01:56 AM

I like how your art flows. like the hair and clothes and stuff. Its gorgeous.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-11-2009, 07:52 PM

Thank you. I try not to let my pieces be static. I love a sense of motion.

SamuraiPanda
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-12-2009, 11:56 PM

Beautiful work. I wish I could use watercolors even half as good as you. Them and I just don't get along lol

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-13-2009, 03:41 AM

Thank you. They aren't watercolors, actually. They're colored india ink, which are twice as bitchy but oh-so vibrant.

Meirin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2009, 04:32 AM

The inks are absolutely brilliant awesome colour that doesnt fade as much as watercolour when watered down
how i wish i could buy them here

i love all the pictures
just asking what do you used to line your pictures?
i use ink and a brush but its not as controlled or delicate

also one more thing when you draw faces side on maybe consider the placement/size of the nose (so very important because its the first thing we notice)
apart from that they look good

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM

They're a pain in the ass on the other hand if you're not certain what you're wanting with them, lol. They are completely unforgiving once you've laid them down, there's no lifting them out.

I can't buy them here either, I bought my set when I was in Brooklyn at school. I have a few I'm running low on that I'll likely have to order online.

Ah, lining? The first two are just plain pencil pieces. If you're talking about the mermaid WIP or my signature I use a combination of a brush and a crow quill dip pen. The pen gives me the fine line details when I want them but the brush gives me more versatility in line weight and variation.

:stretches with a yawn, not wanting to go to work: To each their own on profiles I think. The only one that's bothering me is Yoki in the first one, but I haven't gotten around to finishing and tweaking on that one. The angle is a little off from the way she's tilted back. Having gone through four years of model drawing, I'm fairly content with my personal stylization, everything tends to be slightly elongated. Occasionally I get a profile shot of mine that bugs me, but that's something I fix towards final stages. I think everyone has their own preferences, I've seen a lot of noses I find much to small for the face or that I simply don't find the shape of appealing. So far, I think you're the only one who finds it slightly odd? Lol. It's never come up in critiques from any of my professors nor in any of my commissions over the years.

Mou... save me, I don't want to go to work. :sighs: Time to go get my lunch/dinner ready and back my dumb arse care into the driveway with its stupid flat tire -_-; Makes for a cranky Ise.

Meirin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise View Post
They're a pain in the ass on the other hand if you're not certain what you're wanting with them, lol. They are completely unforgiving once you've laid them down, there's no lifting them out.

I can't buy them here either, I bought my set when I was in Brooklyn at school. I have a few I'm running low on that I'll likely have to order online.

Ah, lining? The first two are just plain pencil pieces. If you're talking about the mermaid WIP or my signature I use a combination of a brush and a crow quill dip pen. The pen gives me the fine line details when I want them but the brush gives me more versatility in line weight and variation.

:stretches with a yawn, not wanting to go to work: To each their own on profiles I think. The only one that's bothering me is Yoki in the first one, but I haven't gotten around to finishing and tweaking on that one. The angle is a little off from the way she's tilted back. Having gone through four years of model drawing, I'm fairly content with my personal stylization, everything tends to be slightly elongated. Occasionally I get a profile shot of mine that bugs me, but that's something I fix towards final stages. I think everyone has their own preferences, I've seen a lot of noses I find much to small for the face or that I simply don't find the shape of appealing. So far, I think you're the only one who finds it slightly odd? Lol. It's never come up in critiques from any of my professors nor in any of my commissions over the years.

Mou... save me, I don't want to go to work. :sighs: Time to go get my lunch/dinner ready and back my dumb arse care into the driveway with its stupid flat tire -_-; Makes for a cranky Ise.
OTL i wish i could get colour like that
the only thing i have availible to me is acrylics and rather cheap watercolours

ohh i see!
the lineing turned out great for just pencil
and the ink and quill pen is a good idea
would probably give more control than a brush

i think the first one looks pretty good just some minor details probably
i think it was just the profile on the second one that bugged me abit ^^
but yes your right i have a friend who adores roman noses

*throws you lifeline*
ahh poor you
i got finals soon i shouldnt be online lol
*shifty looks*
:angel:

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-15-2009, 02:00 AM

Looks good so far to me :) , I've always found watercolor really difficult. Have you ever tried goauche?