hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-23-2017, 10:19 PM

So lately it's been a little slow but that's okay we're still a really great community and it got me thinking what was it that keeps you coming back to mene or what made you decide to stay?
maybe we can Implement more of those things and start building our community base back up

For me what brought me here was a friend who kind of felt out of place and asked me if I would join and I did and our time zones didn't match we didn't get to spend a lot of time together and I really didn't feel like I fit in here at all so I kind of just slipped away and then every once in a while I would try and log back in but I couldn't remember my password and I forget about it and after like I don't know four or five attempts to log back in I got an email reminding me about menewsha from jellySundae talking about the new event that was coming up the summer time Boardwalk Promenade event or something like that and so I tried to log back in again not really thinking I would remember my password but wow I did and I joined the event I still felt kind of out of place but one of the event coordinators was running a game and I joined in and really had a lot of fun she made me feel welcome and not like I was brand-new and stuck out like a neon sore thumb so she is what really made me stick with this community the thread was fast moving and so everyone wasn't reading everything I posted and I totally felt comfortable around her.
And so ever since then I have tried to emulate her and how she made me feel I tried to go out of my way to make New people feel like they're welcome to hear and wanted you know even if they're not exactly the same as everyone else I mean really who wants everyone to be the same everyone compliments everyone else in their differences and you learn a lot from other cultures and other opinions I think that's what I enjoy most about it here everyone is welcome and accept it
So chime in, post what makes you feel welcome or what you wish it would be like to make you feel more welcome hear.

Last edited by hummy; 05-23-2017 at 10:23 PM..

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-24-2017, 03:40 AM

The community. None of my friends on Gaia are on anymore(and some haven't been on in YEARS!), but here, I can always see a name I recognize*.

(* unless someone changes their name, then I'm all, "who the heck is this?". )

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-24-2017, 08:47 AM

I agree, the 'SMALL town' vibe is a good feeling.
I'm awful remembering name changes

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 05-27-2017, 12:47 AM

Honestly, I kind of like the fact that I can recognize the names of so many people around here. Though, not gonna lie, it feels weird when someone recognizes me, because I'm not really active outside of the roleplay forums.

Also Woofie267 and I have almost a hundred roleplays together, so there's that too.

[N]ightmare
I'm gonna show you crazy.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:53 AM

Honestly... so many other forum based sites are rather putrid and flooded with asinine commentary. It's nice to return to a community that actually looks out for and keeps things from becoming caustic. And being able to tell who people are is always a plus... other places it feels like you only know a handful of the users. Here it's definitely smaller and thus you seem to recognize and know more people.

Even if you never talk to them.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-27-2017, 03:15 PM

"Feeling comfortable around jelly" this is a foreign term to me
Clearly we met different jellys.

I stick around because that lady woulda personally come and whacked me if I left.

In all seriousness though, I stick around because Menewsha is my home.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-27-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageling View Post
Honestly, I kind of like the fact that I can recognize the names of so many people around here. Though, not gonna lie, it feels weird when someone recognizes me, because I'm not really active outside of the roleplay forums.

Also Woofie267 and I have almost a hundred roleplays together, so there's that too.

Everyone has their niche and that kind of does feel nice too
Wow you and Wolfie are tearing up the role playing forum

Vela
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2017, 09:53 PM

Hm, I guess it's a negative point to some but it's because the site kinda makes me feel like I never left 2008... xD I used to hang out on Ernya the most in the past few years, and ever since it closed I'm just like "oh noes!" all my favorite old haunts & games are just dying and that's kinda sad.

So really, for nostalgia and 'cause I miss exchanging and whatnot, all that good avi site stuff. And that's why I still go to any of the old avi sites. I do miss the conversations I used to have too, but I know it'd be totally different now since I'm always hopping from one thing to another.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-27-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vela View Post
Hm, I guess it's a negative point to some but it's because the site kinda makes me feel like I never left 2008... xD I used to hang out on Ernya the most in the past few years, and ever since it closed I'm just like "oh noes!" all my favorite old haunts & games are just dying and that's kinda sad.

So really, for nostalgia and 'cause I miss exchanging and whatnot, all that good avi site stuff. And that's why I still go to any of the old avi sites. I do miss the conversations I used to have too, but I know it'd be totally different now since I'm always hopping from one thing to another.

I have found playing post tag with someone I'm very fond of or haven't seen in awhile isn't the same as a good conversation but it is nice it's like a little surprise gift that you receive when you get a ping and it says, 'I've missed you so much.'
it's nice to see you back and you have a lovely Avatar you should pop in now and again oh yeah the Ure will be this summer =3

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 11:46 AM

I have lots of people I like talking to here. It's always comforting to know that some people will always be here, even when I decide to enter lurker mode.

I love you guys.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 04:47 PM

You're staff, lurking not allowed

Vela
*^_^*

Old 05-31-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

I have found playing post tag with someone I'm very fond of or haven't seen in awhile isn't the same as a good conversation but it is nice it's like a little surprise gift that you receive when you get a ping and it says, 'I've missed you so much.'
it's nice to see you back and you have a lovely Avatar you should pop in now and again oh yeah the Ure will be this summer =3
Aww it sounds sweet! It's nice to know that someone is thinking of you.
aw thank you! I remember adoring these items when they came out XD Sounds neat! Hopefully I'll be around to check it out.

Lol I am thinking about starting up my exchange thread again but I'm not sure yet.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-31-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vela View Post
Aww it sounds sweet! It's nice to know that someone is thinking of you.
aw thank you! I remember adoring these items when they came out XD Sounds neat! Hopefully I'll be around to check it out.

Lol I am thinking about starting up my exchange thread again but I'm not sure yet.

You should, Vela:, I'll help you keep it active =3
I might even be able to help you find items

Last edited by hummy; 06-11-2017 at 06:58 PM..

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 06-03-2017, 07:36 PM

Honestly? I have no clue what keeps me coming back.
I don't really feel super close to anyone here anymore, I mainly just lurk except during events.
I guess maybe the events are what keep me coming back? People actually seem to notice me during them.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-03-2017, 07:44 PM

I notice lots of peeps. I just don't go into those super active threads where they usually go.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-04-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Honestly? I have no clue what keeps me coming back.
I don't really feel super close to anyone here anymore, I mainly just lurk except during events.
I guess maybe the events are what keep me coming back? People actually seem to notice me during them.

I'm glad you keep coming back

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
I notice lots of peeps. I just don't go into those super active threads where they usually go.

you can always post on their profile wall =3

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 07:18 PM

True but people don't really reply to those.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
True but people don't really reply to those.

you would be surprised what helps people feel welcome
I've been the unofficial mene welcome person for a long time
at Kinsaki I did the very same thing.
I was an admin at the end =3
i'm a site killer!
it isn't always goldies, ya know.
just try it <3

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-11-2017, 07:54 PM

That's true hummy, I love receiving profile comments. It makes me feel special to know someone is thinking about me. ^_^

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
That's true hummy, I love receiving profile comments. It makes me feel special to know someone is thinking about me. ^_^

a returning member just said they remember me wishing them a happy birthday and that made me smile =3
little random acts of kindness are a wonderful thing!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 10:43 PM

Really? That's interesting. I usually don't get replies when I message on someone's profile.
Maybe Hummy should make the "how to make a newbie feel welcome" thread :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 10:45 PM

nobody cares how i do things, obviously.
i do the newbies R us and be myself online

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-11-2017, 10:48 PM

Nobody is in the newbies R us thread anymore?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-11-2017, 10:57 PM

I used to do the newbie adoption thing by that's been dead for a while too... T_T