WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to WitheredInnocence Send a message via MSN to WitheredInnocence Send a message via Yahoo to WitheredInnocence

Old 05-19-2007, 10:49 PM

Alright so I've been developing an idea for a zombie horror survival game, and I'd like to gauge people's interest before I decide whether or not to waist my time throwing together an intro and IC thread.

Please note the following things when taking into account whether you'd like to play:

A:This thread will not be post-apocalyptic. It's starting modern day, fairly close to when the thread will start date-wise(give or take a few months, for setting purposes)

B: I am NOT making this a cliche video game or movie spin off, like most will. It's NOT based on Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, etc. While yes I will admit some of my inspiration did come from those sources, I am not basing anything in this game on the 'facts' given in those.

C: I require a minimum posting length of two to three well written paragraphs. Use a spell checker, and do your best to keep grammar and punctuation as proper as possible.

D: Any NPC actions, be they by "survivors" or the zombies themselves will be controlled by me unless I say otherwise.

E: I will not be allowing any over the top characters. We're talking normal every day people put in a difficult situation, not black belts and war heroes. I will accept SOME military characters, but I do not want to see too many of those apply. Half the fun and challenge in a game like this is to see how creative you can be dealing with what you've got. Humans only.

This thread will have darker overtones, things ranging anywhere from blood and gore to violence and murder(within the site's rules, of course). If you have a weak stomach or are not capable of handling a horror setting, please do not apply.

The game is full for now. Please keep an eye on this post in the future, as I may have openings for more players, storyline permitting.

Also, if you're already in the game, please keep in mind that you will have to be able to adjust their backgrounds a bit to fit the setting I'm putting you in.

The IC thread can be found here

Yoshaki
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Yoshaki Send a message via MSN to Yoshaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshaki

Old 05-20-2007, 01:07 AM

That sounds pretty cool in just about every circumstance just as long as things progress at a good pace with the length requirements. Otherwise my big question gets me from like the types of zombies here. The creation factor. The spreading factor. And moreover how evil you are as the leader of a survival horror bit. Supreme evil ones are fun even if my survival rate is low cause the horror becomes a much bigger part. And then on the vice versa it forces attachment to characters and suddenly survival becomes a much bigger part.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to WitheredInnocence Send a message via MSN to WitheredInnocence Send a message via Yahoo to WitheredInnocence

Old 05-20-2007, 01:18 AM

Well as for how evil I am, I'm a confessed sadistic GM, and take quite a bit of pride in making people's stomachs churn and hearts race as they read and, if I'm doing my job well enough, their minds get kind of cloudy and it becomes progressively harder for them to come up with ideas and to be creative.

The zombie types will vary, but believe me they wont all be the stumbling, shuffling masses that you see in most zombie games/movies/stories. I'm not going to tell you how they first come to be or how they spread, as that would give away far too much of the story I have brewing in the works.

For the most part, I expect that things will advance in a pretty speedy manner, mostly because I'm opening up the game to a limited few, with the chance to add more characters later on depending on how things progress. I myself plan to be on every night for at least an hour or two, if not more.

I will be disappearing for a few days in early August, as I'll be giving birth to my first child, but as soon as I'm back home, the thread will be able to pick up again. If things get active enough up till then, I may appoint a co-gm to take over for those few days.

I actually plan to base this thread a bit more around character development than simple hack'n'slash, as I find it more enjoyable, but believe me the struggle for survival will still be a huge factor, as that will effect the character's developments as a whole. I'm also not afraid to kill player characters, if the situation calls for it(I'll be running quite a few stats behind the scene to determine the likelihood of survival in most situations).

Yoshaki
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Yoshaki Send a message via MSN to Yoshaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshaki

Old 05-20-2007, 02:20 PM

hmm it all looks nice in all that. I am a patient RP'er so I think I can handle the August situation, and also I am not afraid to lose a character so I am all into dying if I end up doing something stupid. So I got interest if you will accept me. Be waiting for it. See ya.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2007, 12:39 AM

I'm still looking for more people, though if you'd be kind enough to send me a pm with an example post from you(doesn't have to be a character in this setting, just any rp post), I can tell you if I think you'll be able to keep up with the quality I require from my players.

Also, if you have any friends that you think would do well, direct them to this thread :)

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2007, 01:23 AM

Festering bodies and rotting corpses, oh my! :lol:

I would like to join with a character I was going to use for another RP. She is just a regular person. No super powers, no vampiric tendencies, no magic.

You can look in the Pirates of Menewsha thread or The Pyrate King and see examples or if you would prefer I can PM you :)

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2007, 03:18 AM

I'd prefer it if you PMed it to me, that way I have a running log of examples from people who apply. Also, if you have one or two friends who would like to join and think they can keep up with the posting requirements, please send them my way. :)

Also, since you pointed out your character will be 'normal', that's good... I'm going to edit my original post here so people know that ONLY human characters will be accepted, lol.

Yoshaki
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 PM

Hmm well since I ain't made someone who is human enough for an example worth giving here yet. And I don't like delving into some of my far past bits I'll be working on one from scratch for ya.

I'm still a bit new out to menew so I shan't have many to give to you.

EDIT: alright never mind I am just gonna send you one of my longer bits because everything else is starting to look like I am writing a short story. Both in feeling and in look, the feeling is the big problem since I don't really wanna stop it and I don't want you to have to read too much so let me just grab that other bit.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2007, 05:57 PM

I've enjoyed very much reading both of the examples you two have sent me. Consider yourself welcomed to the game. However, we do still need atleast one more person before the storyline I have in mind can begin to take shape. If either of you has a friend who can join in, please send them this way. :)

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 AM

Excellent! Thank you :) I'll ask and see if I can drag someone in here as well.

I do have one question for you. You mention that this is not going to be post apocalyptic and that is cool but my question, are you planning to create the storyline after the infections/mutations have occurred or start as they are happening with the characters noticing the changes and family and friends dying and things like that?

I ask because the character I have in mind for this hates to be dirty, hates to be sticky, has never held a gun, would probably pass out if she saw a festering body, etc and I think it would be interesting to see progression from that to someone that deals with zombies everyday. If it is after zombies are pretty commonplace (well, as common as they can be, lol) I'll use someone else from my demented imagination :)

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-22-2007, 01:59 AM

lol I'm starting us out before the rise of the zombies, so to speak. Life will begin as normal, and we'll work our way into the story where zombies begin to occur. I enjoy seeing the character progressions as the stuff hits the fan, lol.

Just keep in mind the setting is modern day, no further into the future than a few months from today.

Lady Arucard
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Lady Arucard Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Arucard

Old 05-22-2007, 10:56 PM

I would love to join this roleplay. It will be, I believe the second zombie/ monster roleplay I would be a part of. The first one was very fun, but it died quickly because no one posted.. v.v;;;
As for the every day people in a situation such as this seems very interesting too.
Thank god I have spell check on my firefox...! XD

I will try to find some examples of my roleplaying and pm it to you, if I am not to late..?

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-22-2007, 11:32 PM

Welcome to the game, Lady. :) I'll be putting up the couple character sheets I've recieved shortly, and sorry to those who have been asking friends to join, but I'm officially full for now. Tell them to keep an eye on the OOC thread for future openings.

Wintermalice
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Wintermalice Send a message via Yahoo to Wintermalice

Old 05-22-2007, 11:36 PM

I'm all for a zombie RP, sign me up!

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-22-2007, 11:42 PM

Just waiting on your character sheet, dear, since we already talked about you joining :p Just PM me the sheet when its done.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 PM

Also... on a random side note... whether or not I've gotten your sheet and accepted the character, DO NOT post on the IC thread yet. I want to see the whole cast, then I will give you each starting points to go from.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-24-2007, 12:32 AM

Sorry for the delay in getting started guys, I should be receiving the last character sheet I need sometime tonight, so I'll hopefully have us up and running tomorrow afternoon after I get home from work. Thanks for being so patient <3

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-25-2007, 01:28 AM

No worries :) We all know how it goes. My kids' last day of school was today so it should be interesting to see how working from home goes with them here all day :)

Lady Arucard
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-25-2007, 12:20 PM

It's ok. :3
I was kinda busy for the past few days.. I had one of my graduations last night. ^^;;

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Congrats! Well... it seems that I wont be getting that character sheet any time soon, if ever, so I'll just have to find a way to work that character into the storyline later on. Now... to finish waking up, then I'll get the intros up in the IC thread. :)

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Alrighty guys... the intros are up, so you may feel free to start posting. Try not to post too many times consecutively, though, as I'm going to be putting up "GM Posts" in order to progress the story along toward the outbreak and such.

If I have included a particular NPC in your intro, like Olivia's guests or Morgan's boss, you have my permission to control them in your posts.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-25-2007, 10:47 PM

Excellent! I'll probably post later tonight :) I've got two more hours of work and then I'm free for three days! WooHoo!

Yoshaki
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-25-2007, 10:53 PM

And Yosh gets first post. Not such a huge one, but it kinda progresses my character a bit and even sets up his personality at an odd angle. Hoping for the best all. Peace.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-25-2007, 11:43 PM

LMAO... A guy that's so paranoid he carries a crowbar... and he hopes to be a psychologist. XD That's classic. He certainly ought to be interesting to see develop.

Lady Arucard
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-26-2007, 04:13 AM

Not much of a first post... But it's the longest I have ever posted.. v.v;;;