NancyRenee214
Jersey's Finest

Old 10-27-2014, 07:59 PM

Hi,

My fiance and I are having a wonderful four day movie marathon this Halloween, and I need your advice! What is one of the scariest movies you have ever seen? I know all of the popular ones out there, but I may be missing a few of the older ones or ones that didn't quite make it to theater? Any suggestions? We plan on seeing Anabell and Quija in theatres, as well. Happy Halloween, everyone. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 10-27-2014, 08:04 PM

I am not into scary movies.
I actually hate them, but a few years back on my sister's best friend's 13th birthday
we watched some. She absolutely loved scary movies.

I was only trying to pay attention to her cats

But here are some I thought were terrifying.

Any and all of the Child's play movies.
NEVER EVER will I watch that ever again >~<
It gave me night terrors and do this day I can't even say the characters name, or see any pics of it.

Another one would be called the fly[i think]
But the remake.
My dad however took my mom to see the original one on their first date.
She hated it.

And this one I saw few years back out of curiosity because one of my fave
actress was in it.

Trick r' treat.

Sorry, if these are not even scary to you and your fiance.
I am not one for being scared out of her mind and I am easily traumatized by scary movies.

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 10-28-2014, 01:00 AM

Childs Play.
Halloween.
Jeepers Creepers.
Nightmare on Elm Street.
Wrong Turn.
Hostel.
Most Stephen King movies.
Anything John Carpenter for the most part.
Final Destination series.
Saw franchise.

These are the franchises/series/movies off the top of my head. Some you'll not find scary and others you will. Depends on the type of horror you like.

NancyRenee214
Jersey's Finest

Old 10-28-2014, 01:02 AM

Thank you both for the suggestions! Trik Or Treat was actually a favorite of mine, I really enjoyed that! And I agree on the Stephen King movies! Epic!

NancyRenee214
Jersey's Finest

Old 10-28-2014, 03:47 PM

We actually watched a remake of Scarecrow and we watched Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark last night too. But sadly, they were more funny than scary! lol! I like some of the cheesy remakes or the awful ones that only make it to Syfy too, though.

NancyRenee214
Jersey's Finest

Old 10-29-2014, 05:44 PM

Also, I was wondering if anyone here could help me. There was a very old scarecrow horror movie I was about twenty years ago, I was a little girl. I remember the Scarecrow came through a window and sewed the persons mouth shut. It was terrifying! I looked ALL over the internet and can't find the scene or the actual movie. Does anyone know the exact name, year, or director? I'd love to own it one day.

Sanguine Allure
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2014, 08:15 AM

I know it's a few days late but my fiancé and I watched a scary movie marathon on Halloween also! lol. The last and most terrifying movie for me was Evil Dead. If y'all haven't seen it, it's definitely worth a watch.
As for the movie, my fiancé said it sounds kind of like Pumpkin head. Or at least one of them, but he isn't sure. Hope that helps any. :3

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 11-06-2014, 12:44 AM

The first Evil Dead is pretty good. Two is better. Army of Darkness is amazing.

Sam Raimi makes alot of weird but great films.

Army of Darkness is the best of the Evil Dead films though.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-01-2014, 03:04 AM

For me, "The Grudge" was the most terrifying movie I have ever watched.

Here is the trailer if you are interested:

(I am not sure if this is the official trailer, but...I was too scared to watch it and make sure!)

NancyRenee214
Jersey's Finest

Old 12-19-2014, 03:47 PM

Thank you three for answering! I'm sorry that I haven't responded much soon, as I have several severe medical issues going on in real life right now. We did have the marathon! It was a blast, and I took many of your suggestions. I have to see "Evil Dead" yet, though, so I will be sure to check that out! Now we're on a Christmas movie marathon! lol! So far we watched Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, and the claymation movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. That was a first for me, and I LOVED it!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-21-2014, 06:41 PM

Oohh nice that you're watching holiday movies right now ^_^ and no worries about not responding! Real life takes priority over all, especially for medical issues. Hope everything is alright with you!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-27-2015, 04:51 AM

Though not terrifying, I found that The Mothman Prophecies was the creepiest movie I ever seen. It will send chills down your spine.