LunaDollDx
The hispanic mermaid. ☻ &#...

Old 05-25-2015, 08:45 AM

So, I wanna know... What scary movies actually scared you? I'm trying to look for movies that will literally scary my pants off, but never seem to find any. All scary movies from today don't really seem to scare me at all, so I want your opinions.

nick0tine
( ಠ◡ಠ )

Old 06-19-2015, 01:42 PM

Oh my gosh i've been on a scary movie streak lemme make you a wonderful list i'm just gonna go through my netflix history
(i have an IP blocker that lets me access the US Netflix, so if you're not in the states you can download "Hola" as an extension to Google Chrome -- i only say this because Canadian netflix has terrible horror movies in comparison to the US.) So yeah. that list. one sec :D

---------- Post added 06-19-2015 at 10:22 AM ----------

-The Damned (2013)
"Stranded during a flash flood, a family finds shelter at a guest house. But when they disobey the owner's orders, they get a terrifying surprise."

-Housebound (2014)
"A troubled young woman is convicted of petty crimes and placed under house arrest in the home of her strange family and a bunch of evil spirits".

-Dead Silence (2007)
"In the wake of his bride's death, grieving newlywed Jamie is forced to return to his hometown, where he butts heads with the ghost of a ventriloquist." (This one sounds stupid, but if scary doll movies are your thing, this will scare the pants off you.)

-The Imposter (2012)
"A grieving family. A son who's returned home. An unreal look at life in all it's deceitfulness." (Although this one is a documentary, not a hollywood "horror movie", it's a 110% true scary story, and it will blow your mind. It's basically the biggest mind-f*** movie you'll EVER watch. I had to stand up and take a break when it happened 15 minutes til the end. Super scary, and super real.)

I also lastly would like to recommend any of the Saw movies if you haven't seen those already. :) Hope this list was helpful!!

VixieMooCow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-29-2015, 05:48 PM

horror films just aren't scary at all, especially the films made today, there more like disney films then horror films... most of them are complete garbage.

KrysusKitten
The Tentacle Lady

Old 07-08-2015, 09:05 AM

Seems like it's really hard for them to make horror movies that have both good scares and good story... A lot only have one or the other these days :L Or the ones with potential get low budgets so the overall movie doesn't turn out great... I'll definitely have to check out those movies mentioned above though

I remember watching Dead Silence when I was younger which I did enjoy, hard for me to say if they're scary or not though haha. I grew up watching horrors so they don't scare me regardless.

I always enjoyed the Insidious movies, there's a third coming out this month that I wanna see.

Godessofwar000
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2015, 01:45 AM

i agree. scary movies just arent that scary anymore. i believe its the effects. theyre sooo computerized that it just looks well...comuterized. back in the day they actually used stuff so it looked a little more freaky(the 80s and 90s genre) but i do like the insidious movies. theyre not scary but its good. the latest movies from a few year span that was kinda freaky was the conjuring, possesion, and this other movie i forget the name but a man whos a writer moves in a home with his family finds theese home videos(from previous families in the house) where they get killed by the families kid and the thing that possesed them.) the music and the fact that it was constantly dark when they were in the house made it freaky

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-08-2015, 02:00 AM

I like the old universal flicks. Frankenstein, Dracula&of course all the leader known titles.... BOO!!!

Woot100
hail satan

Old 08-12-2015, 01:05 AM

Last edited by Woot100; 07-08-2020 at 12:27 AM..