LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-20-2015, 05:27 PM

I know what your talking about with the fusions. All of the fusions (even Garnet) are really awesome. I liked Opal more than Sugilite but both are really cool, and the fusion Sugilite was voiced by Nikki Minaj.

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-18-2015, 09:34 PM

Ahh! I love Steven Universe so much!! I wish it had been on when I was a kid! It deals with so many important themes and issues, without making it seem like Steven is 'too young' to deal with them!

The relationship between all the characters is excellent. And the characters themselves are so well developed!

SPOILERX

I also love how Pearl manages to be the gay-est gem...when Garnet is literally two mini gays fused together. <3 Bless

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 10-20-2015, 06:49 PM

Yay! There are Steven Universe fans here on Mene! I started watching a few months ago and now am fully caught up. Though am sad there is a hiatus.

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-24-2015, 02:25 AM

Wait there is? Is that why there was no episode on 10/22?

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 10-24-2015, 02:32 AM

Yep. Hopeful we get a Steven bomb before 2016. I tend to get all my SU news from Reddit.

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2015, 10:57 PM

I could use another Steven Bomb. <3 Would help me survive exam time!!

SPOILERX

I really can't wait to see Yellow Diamond!! I'm hoping we see more Jasper and Lapis too..

And I want more Stevonnie! Stevonnie fighting with the sword and shield!! EEEEEE

CrotchetyCrab
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2015, 07:54 PM

I had never seen any episodes of Steven Universe until a few months ago when a couple of friends really put the pressure on me to watch it. At first I didn't really like it, because the humour wasn't well placed, but once I grew to love the characters, the humour made sense to me. I'm already caught up and wow the new characters are so good.

So. Good.

It's amazing to see shows breaking the boundaries. Steven Universe is one of the leading series that does this, with gender neutral gems (who all prefer female pronouns), open sexuality, and delves deep into character relationships without any fear or hesitation towards what society might think. And the issues they bring up in the episodes are extremely serious, yet the show does an amazing job keeping it at Steven's understanding level.

Plus the characters are badass and intense, and sometimes heartbreaking. I've cried so much over these 11-minute episodes, it's ridiculous.

Could totally go on about this show forever.

SPOILERX

I also have a massive crush on Peridot. Especially without her armour. She is so adorable!

Last edited by CrotchetyCrab; 10-26-2015 at 07:57 PM..

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 10-26-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotchetyCrab View Post
I had never seen any episodes of Steven Universe until a few months ago when a couple of friends really put the pressure on me to watch it. At first I didn't really like it, because the humour wasn't well placed, but once I grew to love the characters, the humour made sense to me. I'm already caught up and wow the new characters are so good.

So. Good.

It's amazing to see shows breaking the boundaries. Steven Universe is one of the leading series that does this, with gender neutral gems (who all prefer female pronouns), open sexuality, and delves deep into character relationships without any fear or hesitation towards what society might think. And the issues they bring up in the episodes are extremely serious, yet the show does an amazing job keeping it at Steven's understanding level.

Plus the characters are badass and intense, and sometimes heartbreaking. I've cried so much over these 11-minute episodes, it's ridiculous.

Could totally go on about this show forever.

SPOILERX

I also have a massive crush on Peridot. Especially without her armour. She is so adorable!

SPOILERX

I do too!! So happy Peridot is getting redemption. Hope Jasper does too.

I do like it that it's told through Steven's point of view and that the humans in the show also are important.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-03-2015, 02:03 AM

I always sing "A Giant Woman" to my daughter. XD

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-05-2015, 11:53 PM

My brother makes me sing the theme song and Garnet's back together song to him!! It's so cute. ^^ He always chimes in 'and Steven!!' at the end of the theme song. :3

CrotchetyCrab
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-06-2015, 08:23 PM

Oh my god that is adorable! There are lots of Steven Universe music playlists on 8track that I listen to all the time. They're something charming about the voice actors singing slightly off key... Probably because the songs they sing are minimally altered, and even if their voice cracks, like Steven's tends to, it makes the song feel even better!

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-14-2015, 01:41 AM

We! Are the Crystal Gems.~sings loudly~. I know every word of the Steven Universe theme song, and I have no kids. Still I love the show and all its songs.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-14-2015, 02:44 AM

Same here! Usually when I'm down I try and hum the theme song.

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-14-2015, 06:17 AM

I know! I don't know Garnet's song she sang/rapped during the fight with Jasper titled "Stronger than You", but that was a great song and a great scene.

Moon Flow
Moon Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Moon Flow Send a message via MSN to Moon Flow Send a message via Yahoo to Moon Flow

Old 01-08-2016, 10:06 PM

Have you guys hear the new about Cartoon Network deciding to censor the TV show now? Not so much the fact that the show gives hints at same sex couples, but the "dancing styles of fusing" has proven too provocative? LOL