Toni
road warrior

Old 05-19-2015, 05:27 PM

I've been fanatically obsessed with Mad Max for three or four years now and I saw Fury Road last weekend and I'm all pumped up! Come discuss Mad Max with me! Please hide potential spoilers and state which movie(s) the spoiler is from, since not everyone has seen all of them.

My friend's dad saw Fury Road yesterday and, as a joke, I think, said it could be set on Mars. I don't think that's how it is in the movies, but it's an interesting idea in my opinion and I'll probably rewatch them all from this point of view, just because. (I really like AU's, and Mad Max, IN SPACE!, is a beautiful concept.)

When do you guys think Fury Road is set? My friend and I were thinking it's sometime between Road Warrior and Thunderdome, though I've also heard people say they think it's after Thunderdome.

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 05-26-2015, 11:00 PM

I don't believe Mad Max would be set on another planet entirely considering they still use modified gas guzzlers. It would mean they wouldn't have the tech to even get off the planet because their still very primitive.

Fury Road was pretty boss though. Think the War Rig is one of my few favorite movie semi trucks. The other title belonging to the Death Race reboot with Jason Statham and Duel.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 06-14-2015, 10:23 AM

Fury Road is such an incredible piece of storytelling I actually cannot get over it, but I haven't seen the others. I plan to this week.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 06-15-2015, 10:05 PM

It was fantastic I kinda want to go see it again.

I agree with APBCole and the gas guzzlers aspect. They're in recovery from a global tragedy. . . UNLESS.

The higher ups of the previous world made a floating space island type deal before the tragedy that set earth back and have been floating around the globe till the radiation dies down. They could like abduct max to test his blood to see if it's "safe" to return to the ground.

I dunno that's all pretty reachy. XD

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 PM

Nah, it's set in Australia as far as I know.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 06-30-2015, 06:11 PM

I've only seen Fury Road. I didn't really have much interest in the series before. I had seen movie stills and thought the aesthetic of it was pretty interesting, but had the impression they were just corny 80s action flicks.

Then I heard Fury Road had a largely female cast and that they were written... you know, like actual people and not sexy props, and that they weren't sexualized (by the "good guys" or by the camera - sure the bad guys sexualized them, but that's why they're bad guys!). So I was immediately on board, without regard to whether I was into action movies or not. I spent the whole movie with this expression

IT WAS AWESOME!! Is this how men feel during all action movies?

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 06-30-2015, 10:16 PM

During good action movies, yes.

Your wide eyed at all the cool shit they're doing.