Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 PM

Emilie saw Dawn waltz away from the rest of her companions, saw the smile playing about the Goblin King's lips as he watched the dark-haired girl dance among the trees. The pale-haired girl figured that it might be as good a time as any to approach him. Taking a deep breath--he was a king, after all--she stepped up so that she was walking directly beside him.

As he shot her a curious, but not unfriendly glance, she could feel her face start to flame. She had never had the chance to speak to anyone even remotely noble before, and here was the ruler of the Labyrinth himself! How was she to address him? Was she supposed to curtsy? Bow? Maybe some sort of gesture that she'd never heard of?

"Do you need something?" The Goblin King asked lightly as she continued to ruminate frantically.

Emilie decided to just go with her gut. "Y-your Majesty--"

"Jareth, please," the tall man interrupted with the barest hint of a grimace. "Titles are so... stuffy, if that's the right word. Everyone just calls me Jareth anyway, whether they are my subjects or not." He looked at her more scrutinizingly than before. "Speaking of subjects, you're not one of mine, are you? I think I would know if there were humans living in my Labyrinth."

Emilie started to twirl a lock of her hair rapidly around her fingers, a nervous habit of hers. "Actually, Your--Jareth, I am. I've been living in the Labyrinth ever since I can remember. My father told me--"

"And your father is...?"

"A goblin, sir--Jareth. Gorbesk. He lives not far from here."

Jareth rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "A goblin raising a human without my consent or knowledge..."

Emilie rushed on, twirling the lock of hair more rapidly than ever. "Well, he wasn't a very good father, anyway. Or at least, he wasn't what I imagine that a father should be like. When I was old enough, and it was apparent the gift was in me, he made me tell fortunes for passerby. Said I should be earning my keep somehow, that I was useless otherwise."

She stopped, her face growing red again. "Forgive me, I didn't mean to tell you that. What I was wanting to ask was--"

Jareth held up a hand to stop her; he was now staring at her outright. "A moment, please. You said that you have the gift of fortune-telling? Predicting the future, and all that?"

Twirltwirltwirltwirltwirl. "Yes, but it's not exactly THAT powerful. I can only see little things, pictures, if you would, and try to make something of them. I've gotten better at it over the years, but there's no guarantee that I'm actually--"

Jareth interrupted her again. "You mean you have magic." It was not a question.

They had been walking all the while, following Dawn as she danced around the tree-trunks; but now Emilie halted in her tracks. "Magic? Me? But... I don't know, I'm a human, aren't I? I never thought--"

"You might have absorbed some magic into your being from prolonged exposure to the overall magic of the Labyrinth. Then again, once in a while there is a human who actually IS magical... That's VERY rarely, however. The last known one was centuries ago." Jareth shook his head, obviously still deep in thought. "Very interesting," he murmured, more to himself than anyone else.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-23-2009, 01:45 AM

Dawn smiled at he nature around her - it was serene and peaceful, a truly perfect place. The more she traveled the Labyrinth, the more she wished she could return to it's wonders. It was so different from her world, it was more like the world she had always envisioned. But perhaps that was because of Jareth's manipulation? Or was it truly like this all of the time for every human who enters? She would have to ask one day.

As Dawn continued to walk around the trees, Dawn lost her footing and tripped, falling hard upon the ground and tearing the hem of her dress upon the roots and rocks beneath her, also cutting her palms and getting her all dirt in the process.

As she started to get up, the ground began to shift, causing her to fall back upon the ground with a 'thmph'. In moments, the ground collapsed beneath her, causing her to yell as a net surrounded her like a sack and suspended her above a deep pit that had large spikes within it. The pit stretched a few feet around her in a large circle, leaving her stranded and suspended in the air.

Fear striking her, Dawn called out for Raman and Jareth, hoping they could get her out of this mess, however she got into it. What was such a trap doing out here in the middle of the woods? It looked as if it had been set years ago and the rope holding her would break at any moment. What could it have been set to trap, and by whom?

At the moment, these thoughts were pushed aside and out of Dawn's thoughts, her only thoughts now were how to get out of this death trap without getting hurt.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-23-2009, 02:17 AM

"DAWN!" Yelled the fairy guard and the goblin king at the same time. Jareth broke into a run, but Raman managed to beat him to the hole with the speed of his flight.

"Dawn!" Raman shouted again as he looked down at the girl entrapped in the net. His eyes widened as they roved over the spikes. "By the One's Wings," he muttered. "It's a trap."

"How long will that net hold?" Jareth asked the fairy sharply as he drew up next to him. For once, his constantly cool composure was broken.

"Oh, my..." Emilie breathed in horror as she came up to the mouth of the hole next. "Dawn, are you all right?"

"Of course she's not all right, she's dangling above a bed of spikes in an old net!" Jareth snapped at her, causing her to flinch back. Paying the pale-haired girl no more heed, he asked Raman once more: "How long?"

"A minute, maybe a little more," the fairy guard snapped back, scanning the net quickly with a knowledgeable eye. "Why, have you a plan?"

"No." Jareth ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "If we try to pull her up, that net will probably break even faster--"

"You're the Goblin King!" Emilie cried. "You have magic! Can't you just--just fly her out of there or something?"

"Powerful though I may be, once someone has accepted the challenge of the Labyrinth, I am forbidden to help them in any way!" He snapped at her. "Much as I would wish otherwise in this case! But that gives me an idea..." Jareth whipped around to face Raman. "You! Fairy man! Use your powers of flight!"

"What?" Raman's eyes narrowed. "You mean--But they only work for me, and besides--"

"By your One's Wings, man, try! You know that Dawn is more than just a mere girl; fight for her!" Jareth shouted the last. "Do you want to lose her like this?"

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-23-2009, 02:35 AM

Dawn looked hesitantly up at the rope holding the net, "Oh dear.. Please hold longer than a minute," she whispered softly before looking at Raman and Jareth. "Jareth, is this part of your Labyrinth scheme? Please tell me you did not know of this.." she called out, her voice thick with fear and worry. Would this be her death bed? What if the rope were to break before she could be released?

"Jareth, please.. I do not wish to die.. not now," she whispered softly as a tear rolled down her cheek, the tear falling through the net and into the spikes below as she peered down at them, trying not to move too much.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-23-2009, 02:49 AM

Raman visibly steeled himself before flying up to the rope and placing his diminutive hands upon it. Closing his eyes in concentration, he then apparently did nothing but hover for a few moments.

And another moment.

And another one.

Emilie was becoming more frantic by the second. "What is he DOING?" She cried to Jareth, who was watching the fairy guard intently. "Why is he--"

"Shh!" He made a silencing gesture with his hand.

"But--"

"I said quiet. He needs to concentrate for this to work."

Emilie ceased protesting, but that did not stop her from biting her knuckles worriedly.

She did not have to worry long. Drops of sweat were falling from Raman's face when the net finally began to raise up out of the hole, as if being lifted up from underneath by an invisible hand. Soon it was out and depositing itself none too gently a few feet away from the trap.

Jareth made as if to descend upon the net and tear it apart with his bare hands, but stopped himself short, cursing. "I can't help," he muttered as if to remind himself. "You, girl--"

"Emilie," she told him.

"Emilie. See if you can get that net open."

"But... She's out of danger now, and Raman..." Emilie turned her attention back to the fairy guard, whom she was cradling in the palms of her hands. He had collapsed upon levitating the net onto safe ground; his entire body was covered in cold sweat, and his breathing was labored.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-23-2009, 02:58 AM

"Raman!" Dawn cried out, her tone worried as she tried to rip her way out of the net. Forgetting the net, not able to get out of her with her shaking hands, crawled her way over to Raman, which wasn't an easy task. Tucking her long hair over one shoulder so it was out of her way, Dawn looked at Raman in the palms of Emilie. "Raman.. You shouldn't have done such a thing if you were to end up like this," she whispered softly as another tear fell from her eyes, "Say something.."

Looking over at Jareth, Dawn looked at him, her eyes almost pleading, as she spoke softly, "Jareth, help him.. He did as you asked! You owe him.. Please..."

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-23-2009, 03:17 AM

"He didn't do it for me," Jareth replied; his face was solemn. "And I am not sure that he would welcome my help."

"Raman," Emilie cried. "Raman, wake up. Please wake up." She jostled him as gently as she could in her hands. "Please, Raman..." She murmured, her eyebrows knit together worriedly. The pale-haired girl looked up at the Goblin King, her eyes accusing. "Can't you see the state he's in? He might die, and you won't help him because of--of a matter of PRIDE?"

Jareth began to shake his head, then stopped. Still not smiling, he gazed thoughtfully at the fairy guard in Emilie's hands. "Well," the Goblin King finally declared, "I suppose it wouldn't be that much of a bother if I did. And besides, he is not the one undergoing the trial of the Labyrinth; there would be no penalty for aiding him."

The ruler of the Labyrinth swirled his hand in the air--a crystal ball appeared in his fingers. Lifting the crystal up to his face, he spoke to it. "Healer Jammin. You're needed."

At once, the face of a goblin appeared in the crystal. "Jareth!" The goblin cried. "What is it--You're not hurt, are you?"

"No, but I have need of your services for another." The Goblin King paused. "A fairy."

"A fairy?" Healer Jammin asked incredulously. "Jareth, what have you been up to in the time you've been away?"

"None of your business, Jammin." It was clear that Jareth was growing impatient. "He's unconscious; he's used up too much magic, and tapped into his own life-force as a consequence. Have you anything that can help him?"

"Well... I might have something..." The Healer vanished from the view of the crystal for a moment; sounds of rummaging around could be heard before he reappeared. "Here." He reached a hand out to Jareth, and suddenly a small green-glass vial appeared in the Goblin King's free hand. "A few drops of that down his throat should help speed up the regeneration of his magic. But he shouldn't fly, and he should absolutely not use any more magic until he knows he is absolutely one-hundred percent well again magic-wise."

"Thank you, Jammin," Jareth said in a bussiness-like manner.

"Thank you!" Emilie called out, causing Jareth to glance over at her.

"Why, Jareth, is that a girl? Is that why you've been away so long? I've been telling you for a while now, you should--"

"Good-BYE, Jammin," Jareth told the goblin loudly before making the crystal vanish with a wave of his hand. He then held out the green-glass vial to Dawn. "I suppose this is the only way I can help you now," he muttered. "Help you to help another."

But it was Emilie who snatched it from his hand; the Goblin King raised one very displeased eye-brow. "That wasn't meant for you, you know," he told the girl in a mildly scolding voice that, though light, managed to thoroughly convey his displeasure.

"I don't care." Emilie was only paying Jareth half her attention, most of it being devoted to uncorking the small vial without spilling its contents. "You'll have plenty of other opportunities to devote yourself to Dawn; I might have seen your face in her palm, but I saw nothing in Raman's, and that means we're connected somehow, him and me. I've got to take care of him, even if I don't know why."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-23-2009, 03:29 AM

Dawn sighed a sigh of relief as she sat back and looked at Raman, still worried the vial wouldn't work, but knowing he was in good hands. "Thank you, Jareth, I will not forget this," Dawn said softly as she looked up at Jareth, all of her thanks being conveyed in the small smile that briefly appeared upon her lips before she started trying to get out of the net again.

Lorval shook his head as he walked over to Dawn and started breaking the net apart, "There, girlie, now quit yer cryin'. Jareth helpin' fairies, fallin' fer humans, what next," Lorval muttered to himself as he walked over to a nearby rock and sat down, waiting patiently for the group to start moving again.

Fixing her hair and brushing off her hands, Dawn stood reached her palm out to lightly caress Raman's cheek with her fingertip. "I will never forget this, Raman. You saved my life and risked your own. Thank you," she added as she placed a tender kiss upon his forehead. Looking up at Emilie, Dawn added softly, tears still rolling down her cheeks, "I leave him in your care. Please, protect him until he is well and do not let him fly or use magic, I am trusting you with his life. Please do not let me down."

Standing, Dawn wiped the blood and dirt from her palms onto her already ruined dress as she walked over to Jareth. Giving a small curtsy, Dawn looked up at him, her eyes still filled with worry, "Are you sure he will recover and be the fairy he was? I owe him my life.. I could not bare it if anything were to happen to him on account of me and my foolishness.."

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-23-2009, 02:59 PM

Emilie laughed gently as she looked at Dawn. "You should see your face. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be just fine, once--Aha!" She gave a cry of triumph as the cork came out of the vial. Pulling down Raman's jaw, she tipped the vial until a few emerald drops of liquid fell into his mouth.

At first there was nothing--then Raman began to cough and splutter. Emilie held him up to her face. "Raman... Raman! Are you all right?"

The fairy guard's coughing fit died down and he slumped back on one elbow, wiping sweat off his brow with his other hand. "I... I feel like I've been smashed by a rock. And something in my throat burns... What happened, I can't remember anything after--"

Emilie cut him off with a delighted squeal and hugged him against her cheek. "You're alive!" She cried ecstatically. "It worked!" She told Jareth, who was lounging back against a tree listening to Dawn.

"Dawn!" The pale-haired girl called. "Come over here, Raman's all right. Aren't you?" Emilie then asked the fairy, who was trying to stand. "Oh, by the way, you can't fly and you are not to use any magic until you feel strong enough again."

Raman stared at her. "What? Why? If I don't fly, then how--"

Emilie perked up as if a wonderful idea had just occurred to her. "I'll carry you, of course! You can ride on my shoulder; yes, that would work. Oh, and as for not flying and no magic--Jareth says that you used up too much of your magic and had to tap into your life-force to get Dawn out of that trap." She shuddered. "If you tax your strength any more, you could very well end up regretting it.

"And I," Emilie went on, her face suddenly fierce, "am not going to allow that to happen! Don't you bother arguing, Raman, I don't care if it goes against your pride, or any other thing. Either you sit on my shoulder, or I'll keep you in my dress pocket. Now, which is it going to be?"

Raman glared at her; he was not kindly disposed to being told what to do. Nevertheless, he realized that it was in his best interest, and so he pointed to Emilie's shoulder.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 PM

Dawn's smile widened as she ran over to Raman and scooped him up in her hands, pressing his body to her cheek in a gentle hug before placing a light kiss upon his forehead, "Raman you're alright! That was a very brave thing you did for me, you saved my life. I will never forget this, Raman, I owe you my very life. If it were not for you, I surely would have a stake through my body. Now, as Emilie has told you, you are not to fly or use magic, no matter what. I want you well again, and you cannot very well be well again if you kill yourself. Promise me you will behave and stay put upon Emilie's shoulder?"

"Girlie, quit yappin' 'n' get a move on! Time's a waistin' 'n' I want me snack. Besides, the sooner we get this finished, the sooner ye can wash yer mouth from kissin' that thing so much. Ye'd better off kissin' a snake," he added with a grimace as he kicked a pebble near him.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-29-2009, 09:07 PM

Emilie saw Jareth frown as Dawn hugged and kissed Raman.

"Very well then," the Goblin King said shortly as Raman did nothing but sit there in Dawn's hands, unable to fly. "Now that all the drama has passed--"

"Drama? Dawn nearly DIED," Emilie exclaimed, her opinion of Jareth dropping.

Jareth paused. "Yes," he spoke slowly. "I did not order such a trap to be made--I know all that is supposed to be going on in the Labyrinth, and THAT was not of my doing."

He gaze contemplatively at Emilie, and she reddened under his stare. "Girl, I believe you have some explaining to do."

Raman started up in Dawn's hands, glaring at the pale-haired girl. Had she--Was she the one who--

"All right," Emilie replied, her face unhappy. "I think I know who did this. My father." She took a deep breath before continuing on. "I would try to run away, but he always found a way to catch me... The last time I tried was several years ago, and he'd said that if I tried to get away that I would never make it alive." She glanced over at the gaping hole in the ground and shuddered.

"He will be dealt with," Jareth spoke. "I believe that I am the only one allowed jurisdiction over humans in my Labyrinth... And the fact that he did not see fit to even alert me to your presence..." He frowned again. "Not to mention that I knew nothing of your presence in the first place."

The Goblin King snapped his fingers, and out of thin air tumbled a squat goblin with a squashed face. Despite his small stature (average for goblins), he was burly and it was evident that he was strong. He jumped up off the ground and gazed around wildly before his eyes met Jareth's; instantly the goblin fell on his face in a bow.

"Your Majesty!" The goblin cried. "Why--To what do I owe this honor?"

"Oh, get up, you little maggot," Jareth snapped. He pointed at Emilie. "Recognize her?"

The goblin raised his head and glared at Emilie. "My daughter," he growled. "What has she done? Is she to be punished? Whipped, perhaps beheaded?" He asked these things with repulsive glee, and Emilie backed away, loathing on her face.

"No, but you deserve to be. You did not ever notify me that she, a human, was in my Labyrinth, when I obviously did not know to fetch her. You treated her cruelly for your own gain. Both are injustices that must be rectified."

The goblin cowered beneath the quiet intenseness of the Goblin King's stare.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 PM

Dawn, biting her lower lip, handed Raman to Emilie with a sigh. "I had better do something. Your father deserves to be punished, but killed? Honestly.. One wrong does not right another. Besides, death seems hardly the proper payment for his crimes," she murmured softly to Emilie and Raman before slowly making her way over to Goblin King, almost weary of approaching him in such a fowl mood.

"Jareth, perhaps decide upon a punishment when you are thinking less rashly? I just.. I do not think.. I do not think such a harsh punishment, such as death, is truly the proper punishment. It hardly seems to fit all of the trouble he has caused. Please, do not think I wish a light sentence upon him, quite the opposite; I believe he should pay for what he has done to Emilie, and to you, but surely there must be something that may punish him justly, yet not sentence him to death?" Dawn asked shyly, almost hesitantly as she looked up at Jareth as she fiddled with her skirt, the backs of her fingertips lightly brushing against him for they were quite close due to her soft, hushed tones.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-30-2009, 07:43 PM

Jareth looked down at Dawn; had the situation been different, he might have allowed himself to be distracted by her close proximity. As it was, he could not show weakness in front of his subjects. Particularly not the goblin presently cowering before him.

"Did I ever mention killing the worm?" He asked lightly, as if Dawn were a child. "I have ruled the Labyrinth and its denizens for well over a thousand years. I would suggest that you not bring my authority into question now."

He turned away from her, back to the quaking goblin. "She does have a point, however. Death would be quick and painless--and that is definitely NOT what we want for you." Jareth tapped his fingers against his chin as he looked down his nose at the goblin, obviously contemplating the most effective method of punishment.

Then he nodded as if coming to a decision and pointed at Emilie yet again. "You, girl--"

"Emilie."

"Yes, whatever. What do you think his punishment should be? Tell me and I will ensure that it will be carried out."

Emilie and her father stared. "Me?" The human girl asked. "But--"

She was interrupted by her goblin-father breaking into screams. "No!" He shouted, his squashed face livid. "THAT girl? That human decide my fate? No, sire, I will not have it! She doesn't--She can't--She isn't--"

"Oh, shut up," Jareth ordered lazily. Though his voice was languid, his eyes were anything but, and the goblin promptly obeyed, though still quivering with fury. "Yes, Emilie, you shall decide his punishment. What better way for him to be taught a lesson than his own daughter, the very focus of his stupid cruelty, to hold the power over his life? Go on, then," he added, now slightly impatient as Emilie stared at her father uncertainly. "What is it going to be?"

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-30-2009, 08:38 PM

"Horrid man, talking down to me like Lewton as if I were a child who knew nothing.." Dawn muttered under her breath, her face a deep scarlet from embarrassment from being treated like such a child, as she glared at Jareth for a few moments. Despite her hardened glare, her features slightly softened with relief by the fact that he wasn't going to kill the creature. However, that did not change the fact that he spoke down to her, and Dawn hated it for it reminded her a great deal of Mr. Lewton.

Pushing that aside, Dawn gave him a low curtsy as she spoke softly, her voice just audible enough to be heard by the man before her, "Your Majesty, I did not mean to bring question to your authority, I simply wished to stop you from trying to kill him. In regards to Emilie, do not rush her so. This is her father, after all. It is a hard decision for her; perhaps she should have a bit of time and not require an immediate answer?" Dawn suggested softly as she looked up at him, her features softening the more she looked at him.

It wasn't his beauty that caused her features to soften, although his beauty was great; it was more the power he seemed to have, the authority he truly possessed as King. She was noticing it more and more, but she also noticed his boyish impatience and couldn't help herself from stifling a soft chuckle as she gazed upon his profile, awaiting his response.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-30-2009, 10:13 PM

But it was Emilie who spoke first. "I don't care what happens to him," she murmured, not looking at her father. "I just... I don't ever want to see him again. And I don't want him to be able to hurt or use others, like he did me."

Jareth contemplated Emilie's verdict. "Hmmm. I do believe that that can be arranged. You, Gobble!"

"Gorbesk!" Squeaked the goblin through his fearful, angry quaking.

"As if it matters to me. There is a laundress in the Goblin City, Mirma. She is known to be a strict taskmistress to the goblins working under her, and does not hesitate to use force to get her point across. Despite that, I have heard that she is a just goblin and does not abuse her authority over her employees. You will work under her, at the lowest post she offers, and you will stay at that post for the rest of your miserable days."

Gorbesk had been used to being the one in charge, the one with the power and the strength to use against others--namely his human daughter. The news that he was to be "demoted" to the lowest post available and have another goblin holding sway above him was too much--he threw himself the ground and began screaming and kicking like a five-year old having a tantrum. It was disgusting to watch, and Emilie abruptly turned and walked away.

"Enough. Goodbye and good riddance in your new life," Jareth told the goblin contemptuously before snapping his fingers. Where the squalling goblin had been was only thin air.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-30-2009, 10:40 PM

Dawn sighed as she stared at the spot where the goblin had been throwing his tantrum. On one hand, she felt pity for the goblin for having to go through the shock of being such demoted; but at the same time she felt it was a fair and just punishment.

Looking up at Jareth, Dawn prepared for the worst. She had said careless, mean things about Jareth which he may or may not have heard, and she had questioned and nearly ordered him, in a way, about the incident between Emilie and her father. When she had done things such as that back in the factories, she would be slapped and more work would be piled upon her with no extra pay as punishment for not holding her tongue. But she was used to Mr. Lewton's punishments for back-talking and questioning. What could Jareth have in store for her; could it be the Goblin King had the same punishments? Or were his punishments more severe, due to his status as King?

Not wishing to think about it any longer, Dawn started to nervously fiddle with her dress again, the backs of her fingers brushing against Jareth with every movement, though she didn't notice as she inquired softly, "Jareth? May I ask how much time I have left after our incident just now? Or is that against the rules.."

Goblin Maiden

Old 10-01-2009, 12:38 AM

Jareth turned to face her, hands on his hips. He looked quite grave, as if he were about to punish her for some misdemeanor. As if, again, she was the unruly child and he were the knowing adult.

"Dawn," he told her. "You are a runner of the Labyrinth, and a stranger to its ways and a life under a monarch. I realize that you can not help being ignorant, and as you are merely a... 'guest' of the Labyrinth, as it were. My authority over you does not extend to the same authority I have over my own subjects. However, I would ask you not to question my methods of ruling in front of my subjects, and certainly that you not suggest that I am in the wrong. Those things, only a queen of mine may do--" He suddenly grinned. "--and although I have high hopes for you towards that respect, as of yet you are still a peasant, both in this world and yours, and a guest besides.

"I will excuse your actions this time, but next time be warned, I may not be so lenient."

He then raised a gloved hand and pointed a finger at an ornate clock hanging suspended in midair where there had been nothing before. "As to your question, there are seven hours remaining for you to get through the rest of my Labyrinth and to my castle. There is where my role as an 'escort' will end, and we will be as challenger against challengee once more."

He lowered his arm, smirking slightly. "It is of course however my hope that your heart, and thus will, will be attuned to mine by that time, rather than against it."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 10-01-2009, 12:54 AM

"Ooo!" Dawn said in a heated scowl, a deep blush upon her cheeks from the way he spoke to her, as she turned her back to the Goblin King and headed back down the path, walking around the large trap that was still present.

"Seven hours? Seven hours? Calling me ignorant, treating me like a child; he is just as cruel as Mr. Lewton! Why his family would wish him back I shall never understand," Dawn mumbled miserably to herself, her words only understandable to herself.

Sighing as she trudged on, Dawn's pace slowed as her temper began to subside. "Ah well," she said softly as she tried to think of the positive side of things, leaning back against a nearby tree to wait for her friends to catch up, "I guess there's no use crying over spilled milk now is there. I had best apologize; he was right in that respect, it was rude of me to do such a thing in front of everyone, though I do very much doubt anyone heard me aside from him. However, what is done is done and I must apologize none the less," she decided as she brushed off her dress and sorted out her dark tresses as best she could before turning back towards the way she came.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 10-01-2009 at 02:41 AM.. Reason: wrote 'trudge' instead of 'trudged'; wrote 'be' instead of 'me'

Goblin Maiden

Old 10-02-2009, 03:17 AM

"An apology would be most appreciated," Jareth agreed; he was leaning on a tree directly in front of Dawn as she turned around. "Cruel as Mister Lewton, you say? Do you really mean that?"

He straightened up, walked over to where she stood. Reaching out, he wrapped a lock of her dark hair around his fingers, smiling his particular smirking, toothy grin at her. His eyes were particularly piercing, and he obviously did not care about decorum or what-have-you.

"If you are comparing me to that oaf, then I truly am offended. As well as appalled, and perhaps even wounded," Jareth continued on lightly. "However are you to make up this insult to my character, I wonder?"

"Ask nothing of her that she is not willing to give."

Jareth frowned at the familiar voice. "Ah, the fairy. I had quite forgotten about you. You always have the most impeccable timing, don't you?"

Raman glared right back at Jareth from Dawn's shoulder, where he had relocated himself from her hands as she had been rearranging her appearance. "I try," he bit back.

Jareth dropped the lock of Dawn's hair that he had been playing with and stepped back, folding his arms. "Such a pity, this interruption. Another time, then, precious."

"Is he gone?"

Emilie came walking towards them through the trees, her blonde hair falling over her shoulders. "I'm sorry, but... I just couldn't look at him any longer."

"And no one will blame you for that, I'm sure," Jareth told her, a corner of his mouth quirking up. "Yes, he is gone, and I am quite certain that you need never fear having to encounter him again."

Emilie's face broke out into a relieved smile. "Thank you," she gushed happily. "Thank you, I... I don't know what to say."

"Say nothing, then." The Goblin King flung out his arm in a dramatic gesture, his cloak billowing out magnificently. "Consider yourself free from the clutches of your father from this moment, by word of the King (which is of course me)." He lowered his arm and put both hands on his hips. "But may I ask what you are planning to do now?"

Emilie's smile wavered. "I... don't know." She raised a hand to her lips. "I never thought it through that much, I just... I just wanted to stop being afraid of being hit, of being deprived of my meals. I wanted to be free, and now that I am..." She laughed, though one could not tell if it was bitter or mirthful. "I don't know what I am going to do."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 AM

"I told you no flying," Dawn murmured softly with a smile at Raman as she gently nuzzled her cheek against his head, a deep blush upon her cheeks from Jareth caressing her hair as he did.

Looking up at the Goblin King, Dawn blushed even deeper as she looked into his mismatched eyes. With a curtsy, Dawn apologized softly, "I apologize for saying what I did, it was rude of me to speak my thoughts aloud. However, I shall not lie to you; I truly did see Mr. Lewton in you for a moment when you talked to me as if I were child.. You made me feel like an insolent, ignorant little child. I did not mean to offend you, please know that," she added softly.

Sighing, Dawn continued, "You probably will not forgive me for my tongue, but I cannot stand here and find a way to make you believe my apology is sincere and I shall do anything to make it up to you for wounding you and offending you, for it truly was not my intent; my temper and tongue got away from me once more and landed me in trouble again," she rambled with a blush.

"However, right now I must finish this Labyrinth. I have less than seven hours, and all of these delays are going to keep me from saving that wretched man; something I must do despite my thoughts of him. I know you cannot help me, but perhaps we may talk as we continue through this Labyrinth? I find it interesting how everything changes and moves, how everything seems so alive. It may sound silly since I probably will not remember when you send me back to the factory, but I wish to learn why everything is as it is, what makes everything so beautiful and intriguing.. I wish to learn it before I reach the end of this Labyrinth. Perhaps, when I return, I may remember part of it's history and remember my time here and the friends I have made when I read the story to my sisters before they sleep," Dawn continued to ramble with a blush, unsure if she was making sense or if she was talking in pointless circles.

Something about the Goblin King unnerved her; not really fear or worry, more that he made her feel so small in comparison. Yet, she was also in awe of the power he could control and command without raising his voice or with just one simple look. In a way, she liked that about him, despite how uncomfortable it made her feel.

Goblin Maiden

Old 10-04-2009, 06:34 PM

"I was going to ask you," Emilie continued on, looking at the Goblin King, "but you have already done this much for me... And besides," she added with a toss of her head, "who's to say that I can't make it on my own? I've never had the chance to figure that out, so why not start now." She smiled again, a new spark in her eye that had never been there before.

Jareth grinned back at her. "By all means, do so. It's quite refreshing to find someone who will tackle life themselves and not ask the 'magic man' for a cure-all."

Meanwhile, Raman was ducking his head from Dawn's nuzzling. "I did not fly," he muttered. "I climbed up your arm."

Jareth turned from Emilie to Dawn and listened to the latter's apology, a small smile on his face all the while. When she finished speaking, he walked up to her slowly. "Since you apologized so eloquently (and I happen to be in love with you), how can I not forgive you?" Stopping in front of her, he grinned toothily. "And you did promise me anything, did you not? Oh, don't worry your pretty little head over it," he added, a hint of irritation crossing his features for a moment. "You've made it quite clear that your heart and mine are not in tune, although I hope that will eventually be remedied."

Raising an eyebrow, he continued, "Who says that you will not remember everything, precious? I know you are a smart girl who knows to keep her mouth shut, and if anything comes out it will be as a fanciful tale. And what use would it be to me to deprive you of all your memories of me? That would be a set-back in my plans, and we don't want that now, do we?"

He was now quite close, and apparently completely oblivious to the death-glare Raman was sending his way.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 10-04-2009, 06:53 PM

Dawn blushed an even brighter scarlet as she looked up at the Goblin King. "Y-Your plans? May I ask what your plans are?" Dawn whispered softly as his words sunk in. Loved her? Did he truly love her as he said? When she recalled the previous times he had told her he loved her, it was always in front of his subjects. Perhaps there wasn't as much falsehood in his words as she had originally thought; for surely he wouldn't say such things lightly in front of his own subjects.

Lorval rolled his eyes, "Girlie, his plans are ta woo ya and make ya his Queenie, haven't ya been listening?"

Dawn blushed as she turned away and started walking into the forest as she said softly, "Lorval, that cannot be right. I am not a noble, nor am I proper enough to be Queen. You are very much mistaken, is he not?" Dawn asked as she paused and looked over her shoulder at Jareth. Blushing even deeper, Dawn added quickly, "Never mind, you need not answer such a foolish suggestion. Tell me how the Labyrinth came to be instead?" she offered as a change of subject as she started walking away again down the path, hoping the others would follow as Lorval stood and took the lead.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 10-06-2009 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: wrote 'an' instead of 'and'; wrote 'isn't' intead of 'wasn't'

Goblin Maiden

Old 10-13-2009, 01:32 AM

Jareth grinned at the blush on Dawn's lovely face; it really did become her Italian coloring and her dark hair.

"Not a noble? That is scarcely a problem; you can not stand there and tell me that you have not heard even ONE fairy tale of, say, a lowly shepherdess being wooed by the Fairy King and being made his queen. Yes, and those tales that involve no magic at all, and yet still tell of girls of low social standing being raised up to reign beside royal husbands." Still grinning, he folded his arms as he looked at his intended bride. "I can tell you right now that not all of those fairy tales were mere figments of the mortal imagination. Isn't there a saying in the mortal world; in all myths, there is at least one truth? Something like that, aren't I right?

"As for propriety; well, yes, there is no denying that fact." What could have passed for a sympathetic light came into Jareth's eyes--though it could have equally been identified as mischief. "A simple call to my father's court for a governer\ess of court etiquette and policies would remedy that. Of course, that would only be for when you are before company..." He approached her until he was standing quite close behind her. He'd noticed that more often than not she blushed adorably when he did that; he half-hoped she'd do it again, just as he hoped that she would cease to become flustered and instead be comfortable within his presence. "When we are alone, on the other hand--"

Just then Raman, still on Dawn's shoulder, gave a loud cough. Jareth took a step back with an equally loud sigh, a half-frustrated, half-resigned expression on his features. "Will you never keep quiet long enough for me to--"

"Let us be quick," the fairy guard said to Dawn shortly. "Even now time is running out and we have still not reached the castle."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 10-13-2009, 01:52 AM

Dawn blushed a deep scarlet as she felt him very close behind her, even despite Raman's interruption. Giving a small nod, Dawn said softly, "Yes, we had best move quickly. We have had too many delays; it simply will not do to lose Mr. Lewton when I have come this far. However," Dawn added softly as she looked back at the Goblin King.

"I must ask one thing. Am I to understand that if you are true in your words, and fairy tales come true, then although I will be a Queen in the eyes of everyone, it will not matter unless you order it to be acknowledge due to my birth? I will be shunned by all of your Court and made fun of for my status on Earth; and only when we are alone, will my status mean nothing and I will be treated as an equal? How can you possibly think that would make me happy?" Dawn asked as a tear rolled down her cheek, the only sign that she had been hurt for her voice never wavered nor did her facial features change.

Turning forward, Dawn headed off in the direction she hoped would lead her to the Castle; a bit furious, yet more than anything deeply hurt, that underneath his promises, all he was doing was making a mockery of her in the Fae world. Wasn't it horrible enough that she was treated no better than scum on Earth? Did he honestly think she would wish to be looked down upon by an entire race because of her inferiority in birth?

Wiping the tear from her cheek, Dawn sighed as she forced a smile and turned back to Emilie, "Emilie; do you know your way through this wood? Are we going in the correct direction?"

Goblin Maiden

Old 10-15-2009, 02:50 AM

Emilie opened her mouth, glancing warily from Dawn to Jareth. "Well, I--"

"Oh, no you don't," Jareth broke in. "You think you can accuse me of something like that and then walk away? Precious, you asked me a question, but then refused to give me a chance to answer. Allow me to reclaim that chance now."

He swept around until he was standing directly in front of Dawn, arms folded as he gazed down at her.

"You seem to have seriously misinterpreted my words, precious," he told her. "You honestly think that I, a man who loves you, would subject you to such a fate? For your information, none of my court or anyone else in the Underground will think any less of you for where or what you were born. How could they deride you for being something you did not and do not have the power to choose?

"If you will permit me--" he was obviously speaking those words facetiously, as it was clear he would continue to speak whether she "permitted" him or not. "--to explain, I only meant that you do indeed have some things to learn about presenting yourself to a royal court, especially if you would be my queen. Precious, you have grown up as a poor girl in a harsh world, who would expect you to know such things as court etiquette? I had to learn court etiquette and procedures when I was growing up; so did my brothers and sisters. Everyone who has even a drop of noble blood in their veins learns such things; and if you are to become my queen, then that would mean you must learn, as well. It is hardly an act meant to humiliate or mock you; it is simply something that is done. Manners, if you would; if there was a certain way of eating in your country that a foreigner knew nothing about, you would teach them about it so that they would not worry about doing something wrong, would you not?

He continued to look at Dawn, a breeze blowing through his wild hair. "Of course, if you would prefer it, I could always skip calling on the tutor and throw you to the dogs in the court without any sort of knowledge of this world or its customs. Though most would not think that ill of you for being ignorant, there are those in this world who can be vicious; are there not those who are unnecessarily cruel in your world, as well?"

Raman had been sitting silent, glowering at Jareth's continued speaking as if he would most certainly marry Dawn, but he now spoke up. "She has not agreed to be your queen," he reminded Jareth, glaring at the Goblin King.

Jareth's eyes flicked over to Raman before resting on Dawn's once more. "You think I've forgotten? I was only speaking of things that may happen, events that may come to pass... The future is only ever a 'maybe,' looking forward to a daydream that you hope will go according to your wishes."