Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 12-06-2013, 10:38 PM

((O_______O I just remembered this thread. I miss it so much...

are any of you willing to continue? <3 I just read the whole thing again... LOL))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-08-2013, 01:02 AM

(OMG I totally would! This one was fantastic!))

Esmme

Old 12-08-2013, 03:45 AM

((<3 <3 <3 Good! I'll have to work on a reply, since it is painfully obvious that it was my turn next. *cough* Man, I miss the Fenris/Codette and Laiden/Scarlett thing. So much drama.... haahah))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-09-2013, 07:13 PM

((soo much drama, god she was so painfully fallen for him ^.^'))

Esmme

Old 12-10-2013, 04:07 AM

((And he for her, though he'd never admit it. And he's still working on getting himself to realize it, actually...

hah. Haha. Poor them. xD So in love, yet so oblivious and freaking full of angst and emotionally tense vibes.

I'll post when I get the chance! I'm brain dead right now, and sadly work keeps me away from Mene all week. D: ))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-10-2013, 06:45 PM

((no worries. I'm on pretty much daily so I'll know when you posted. I missed you Esmme))

Esmme

Old 01-16-2014, 05:07 AM

((... and somehow I missed posting.... ES.

*hisses and writes this thread on an actual, physical task list* I WILL POST, DARN IT. ))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-22-2014, 03:54 PM

((ESS!!!! Do you want me to start? That way you can take it a little easier...))

Esmme

Old 01-22-2014, 04:15 PM

((*stares* I didn't even get around to crossing this off the list... Maybe you should. It might make me feel too guilty to ignore it... ))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-23-2014, 03:41 PM

Codette carefully tied and checked the knots for the sails attached to the main mast. She was feeling the effects of not eating last night, but she couldn't have swollowed a bite, not with Fenris' disappointment, and Scarlet being forced to watch them all, and not being given a scrap for herself, left out in the rain.

Codette gently shook her head. She would not allow herself to be dizzy, or ill. 'I need to get my ginger back from Laiden, if he hasn't used it all' she thought to herself. Codette knew her face would appear pale to everyone, but thankfully pirates generally didn't give a damn.

Esmme

Old 04-14-2014, 04:21 AM

((*cough* *posts*))

Fenris spoke to the doctor briefly, and pulled on the chain that linked him to Laiden. The boy didn't resist, as his arm and shoulder were swollen and aching. He winced as the doctor began to inspect him. It had been a full day since he'd received the wound - since Fenris had found Scarlett and Laiden on the dock and fought to return the Blackbeard to Marquet.

It didn't matter now. Laiden's blue eyes were dull, and he went through every motion numbly. He'd given up everything he had to save Scarlett. Her revelation about her playing him was something he couldn't have prepared for. It seemed he'd lost his heart as well as his only friend.

Glancing at Laiden, Fenris waited until the doctor made a few suggestions about healing the boy's shoulder. With a nod, Fenris turned and stepped toward the front of the ship. Scarlett would be moved that evening. That meant only one day of looking at her and watching her suffer. Again, Fenris felt something dark stab at him. It felt wrong. This all felt wrong.

Fenris growled under his breath. Like he'd said earlier: This would have been easier if he'd never accepted Julian's request for him to come along. He should have stayed in the city and taken care of Laidon until the two of them found another adventure. Perhaps then he would be chained to a friend, not an enemy. Fenris could sense the numb, cold hatred that Laiden had for him.

-

Laiden followed Fenris as the tall male went about and helped tie off ropes near the side of the ship. The slender youth stayed out of the way, becoming a shadow as he once had been. This time, though, he was far from his former self. Laiden felt as though he should just disappear - like he didn't exist.

Only once did his blue eyes move to Scarlett. Only once did his thoughts wander back to the prior evening. The pain made Laiden turn his thoughts to the blank nothingness that his numb mind allowed him. He'd lost Fenris in his attempt to save Scarlett. He'd lost Scarlett as she admitted she'd used him. There was no peace, not here. All Laiden wanted was to fade, to just sink into the ship and be gone. Anything was better than this. This waiting for Scarlett's death, for the treasure... for anything. He had the location on the map. Perhaps Marquet would order Fenris to find it out, and to take it from either Scarlett or Laiden.

The male's gaze moved to Codette, lingering on her red curls as the mid-morning sun lit her with light. She was the only person who mattered now. If he'd been in a better state of mind, Joseph might have noticed how pale the woman was. Instead, Laiden lowered his gaze and ignored the stab of pain that came from a crewman bumping his bad arm in passing.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 04-17-2014, 07:40 AM

Codette watched Fenris and Laiden. Neither seemed quite like themselves. Poor Fenris had no one to trust. Poor Laiden betrayed Fenris and was betrayed by Scarlett. The redhead shook her head. This was nowhere near the adventure she originally thought she was joining.

The girl felt a small twinge of pain in her lungs and dismissed it. She would not be ' that' woman on board that rushed for aid just because there was suddenly a doctor. This feeling would pass as will the pain in her stomach as soon as she could take care of herself, and perhaps procure a new blanket...or just dry her clothes properly.

Codette sighed and finished her knots. Looking about she realized that there wasnt much left that she could help with.

Her head felt fuzzy. .dizzy. .. her muscles weak...

Codette hit the deck as she fainted.

Esmme

Old 04-21-2014, 03:16 AM

Fenris' back was turned. The thud on the deck didn't catch his attention - there were too many men always moving things around for that to bother him. It was Laiden's soft cry of dismay that caused the tall male to turn. Seeing Codette on the ground made him frown. His grey eyes scanned for danger, but upon seeing none, he stepped toward the woman.

The doctor and a few others were closing in. Fenris got there first, though how is a an excellent question. The chain between Laiden and himself was obliging as the youth moved closer to Fenris in able to help. The broad-shouldered male lifted Codette in his arms, meeting the doctor's gaze as they both headed toward the crew's quarters.

Fenris hardly heard the doctor cutting people off behind them. He headed right for Codette's bunk, ignoring the twinge of unfamiliar worry in his mind. After setting her down, Fenris and Laiden stood silently and waited for the doctor to enter. It was odd in the dim light. A silence followed them, and it wasn't a pleasant one.

The doctor entered, smiling briefly before going to work. He checked her throat, chest, arms, and monitored her breathing. He listened to her heart, and watched her closely for a while. The whole thing took a good ten minutes or so. When he finished, he spoke with Fenris in hushed tones.

"I would guess she has pneumonia, or something very similar." His eyes were sympathetic. "I can't be sure." The doctor passed over a small pouch of medicine, and Fenris accepted it without question. He passed it to Laiden, who looked surprised at being included at all.

((D: I don't know how far we can go without Scar. T____T This is her story! haha))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 03:40 PM

(I know that's my concern as well....perhaps we Should just 1x1 in port until we hear anything from her)
Codette was aware, in the back of her head that she was lifted and carried below deck. She tried to open her eyes but she was just too tired. who would carry me? Laiden? But he's attached to Fenris. ..are they both....Fenris. ..

She felt her bunk underneath. Someone was touching her. the doctor? she was being poked and prodded. The doctor was murmuring something from far away. It was difficult to breathe. Codette gave a shiver and a cough and finally opened her eyes with a groan. Slowly she pushed herself to sit up, leaning against her arms. "Whats going on?" Codette looked and saw Laiden first. She gave a weak smile. "Whats wrong Laiden? You look so serious. " She saw Fenris behind him. "You as well. Too serious..." Codette moved to sit up fully. Intent on getting out of her bunk.

Esmme

Old 12-09-2014, 03:19 AM

((I'm just so bad at this replying thing. Sigh. D: Sorry!))

Fenris' hand pressed against Codette's shoulder and chest, pushing her back down the instant she tried to sit up. "Stay down." His voice was stern, and his gaze was cold. For all she knew, Fenris hated her.

Laiden, however, pushed Fenris' hand away and frowned. He was worried for Codette, and showed it in a far more obvious way than his partner. "You're sick," he said quietly, gripping the small pouch of herbs and medicine in his palm. Before he could continue, the doctor relayed the same information he'd given the boys: it was possible that Codette had pneumonia or something similar, and it could become life-threatening if she didn't get rid of it before heading back out to sea.

Fenris' expression spoke volumes. He wasn't going to let her endanger herself in such a way.

Laiden continued to look worried, and he stayed where he was knelt beside her bunk. The youth leaned against it, his arm pressed against hers as he listened to Fenris speak about what should be done. Laiden zoned out, focused only on the warm (too warm) contact between Codette and himself. She was feverish. This would indeed be deadly if they were stuck out at sea without the proper care.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-09-2014, 04:00 AM

A faint colour crept up Codettes cheeks in a blush as Fenris pressed his hand against her. Her eyes softened, unsure if his cold stare was because he hated her, or actual concern.

Codettes shoulders dropped a fraction to relax, when Laiden moved into her line of sight. His concern worried her, but the fact he was concerned eased her soul. At least one of them doesn't hate me
"How sick?" She asked slowly, scared of the answer. The redhead knew her body, she'd been ignoring the signs and symptoms. She watched the doctor as he spoke to her. She nodded slowly at his diagnosis and advice.

"I can't... We can't... I need to be out at sea... It's the only place I feel safe. We should be setting sale already...." Codette looked up and saw Fenris' concern. Her heart nearly broke at the plain expression on his face. He actually cares... "But I guess if it's that serious... perhaps I should remain in my cot..." Her head began feeling dizzy again, so she laid back. Vaguely conscious of Laidens hand, and Fenris' voice.