Akutenshi Uke
The Weird Otaku Girl
Send a message via MSN to Akutenshi Uke

Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 AM

It's probably not that good, and not very long, but I felt like posting it anyway, because my English teacher liked it a lot...
It's just a sweet little christmas story
Also I don't claim my grammar is perfect..

When Hideki got off from preparation school that day, he didn’t go straight home, it was soon Christmas, and he had to find a present for his persocom, Chii. As a Japanese guy, he’d never really celebrated Christmas, but this year he had decided, that Chii should at least have a present.
As usual, he had no idea what to give her. His first thought was to give her the next of those books she was so fond of, the ones called: “A City Without People” but she already had so many of them.
His next thought was to get her more underwear, but he still was too embarrassed to go buy some. In the end, he ended up calling Shinbo, his best friend.
Shinbo picked up Sumomo, his laptop persocom. “Mushi mushi”
Hideki scratched the back of his head. “Hello Shinbo, it’s Hideki”
Shinbo yawned, he had been sleeping. “Hideki, you sound upset?”
“Yes” Hideki admitted. “I need to find a Christmas gift for Chii, and I have no idea what to buy for her”
Shinbo sighed. “As usual, well have you thought about giving her a new book?”
“Yeah…” Hideki answered. “But I wanted to give her something more special.
“I see” Shinbo thought for a moment. “What about a new dress, you could go to the fashion district, they have a lot like those Chii wears”
Hideki nodded. “That sounds like a good idea” He said. “Thank you Shinbo”
“No need, see you around” Shinbo hung up.
Hideki felt relieved, he smiled big and took the Shinjuku to the fashion district. After wandering around for a bit, he found a shop called “BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT ”, it looked very promising. He walked inside to look for a dress, he found a very pretty one, with long wide sleeves, he was sure Chii would look like an angel in it. He went to pay, and the woman behind the desk smiled at him. “You have a very good taste sir, that will be 36,800 yen.
Hideki dropped his jaw, that was more money than he would ever get, even if he worked more than usual, because he would still have rent to pay. He looked in his purse, of course he didn’t have that many money. At the same moment, Minoru, a twelve year old millionaire boy, that Hideki knew, Minoru had helped with Chii a lot of times, entered the shop.
He recognized Hideki at once. “Can you afford that Mr. Motosuwa?” He said, his voice sounding unnatural mature, and sad as always.
Hideki looked very embarrassed. “Well…. No not really, I was not aware these clothes were so expensive, since I got everything from the landlady”
Minoru sighed. “You really should investigate such things, you have a persocom, use her”
Hideki misunderstood, and became completely red in his face. “What? No” Then he realized what Minoru meant. “Oh…” Now he was even more embarrassed. “Yeah, I know…”
For once Minoru did actually smile, only for some seconds, but it was without a doubt, a smile.
“Well since it’s Christmas, I will buy it for you” Minoru said.
“Th-thank you” Hideki stuttered.
“No need” Minoru smiled again. “And merry Christmas Mr. Motosuwa”
Then Minoru left again, and Hideki stood with the dress, wrapped in Christmas wrapping, and a little crown on the bow.

A week later Christmas was finally there, Chii was sitting, watching Hideki excited. This was very new for her, and even though Hideki had explained it a lot of times to her. “When is Hideki going to open Chii’s gift for him?” She asked smiling.
“When we have eaten the cake Chii” Hideki answered happily.
After some hours they could finally open the presents, it was almost impossible for Chii to be quiet and sit still.
Hideki opened his gift from Chii, it was books for his school, and not adult magazines like last time Chii had given him a gift. Hideki felt relieved, and very happy. “Thank you very much Chii” He said with a big smile. Then he handed her, her present. “This is for you Chii”.
“For Chii?” Chii asked curious.
Hideki nodded. “Yes for you”
Chii ripped off the paper, and the dress revealed itself. Chii jumped up and hugged Hideki so hard he fell backwards. “Thank you Hideki, Chii loves it”
“You’re welcome Chii” Hideki smiled even bigger if possible. “Merry Christmas”
Chii kept hugging him. “Merry Christmas Hideki