Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 05:34 PM

((Your character is brought here randomly, with no warning, just a sudden burst of light and you are in the garden. Care to explore?))

The garden is beautiful, with flowers from all over the world. The buildings are empty, old and dusty as if the people who lived in it just disappeared hundreds of years ago and with them all their items except some basic furniture and some candles. They seem to be a combination of western and Japanese architecture and made primarily of wood and silk.... at least it seems so from what you can see. Many of the flowers and vines cover the structures.

It smells beautiful, but the eternal stillness and silence creates a rather eerie setting. The wind also seems to be frozen as one soft breeze that never ends and the structures maintained by the flowers themselves. For those who can speak to flowers or have some specail connection they will find that they seem...dead inside somehow. Their voices are silent, their outsides frozen at the time of their most perfect stages. It as if time itself was frozen just for them.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 05:46 PM

Asuka Hibiki was a child of mixed birth, a western woman and a Japanese cat demon. When her mother died her father had changed the twelve year old 'Asuka's' name and began training her. Her real name was Sarah, not that many knew. Still Asuka followed everything she was told by her father, doing his bidding and always looking for tomorrow and what she could be if she escaped.

Tonight, however, was his. He'd sent her to retrieve some item or another... She had been leaping across the building tops of japan when she suddenly found herself surrounded by light. For a moment she thought she'd hid a trap of some sort when the scent of strange flowers hit her nose. Roses? Her mother had loved roses and worn rose perfume so the scent held special meaning to the girl.

As she opened her eyes Asuka saw only bright sunshine and beautiful flowers at first, until she realized there was a building in the very back. She headed towards it and sheathed her sword. Her spirit guide, a white and blue cat named Yuki appeared on her shoulder as she did so.

"Where are we?" the spirit asked quietly.

"...No idea..." was the feline woman's response.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 06:00 PM

Silver opened up her eyes and looked around her. Wh...where am I? She saw the beauty and was happy at first until she noticed its stillness as if it was frozen. What in the world? She pulled herself slowly to her feet and turned in a circle, looking around her.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 06:08 PM

She heard the sound of someone speaking, though not clear enough to know what was said. She slid one of her blades from her bag and crept towards the sound quietly. The girl did not look like a threat, just another lost soul as she was. She slid the blade silently back into the scabbard then stood. She walked over towards the girl and stood fully now, her steps silent. She cleared her throat to let her location be known before she spoke so she didn't startle the girl too much...

"It would seem we find ourselves in a similar predicament unless you know something about this place?" she said quietly, speaking in english. She preferred it herself... mainly because it pissed off her father. She smiled softly and tried to look welcoming until she realized she still wore her hood and the girl couldnt' see it. She pulled it down around her shoulders, her black ears soon revealed to be real and twitching a bit as if content to be free of the hood. She then smiled again to let the girl see. She revealed mismatched eyes of blue and green as well as pale purple hair. Her eyes were her mothers... her hair was just something that popped up among her demon kind.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 PM

Silver smiled back at the friendly girl. "All I know is that I opened up my eyes and this is what I saw. I don't even remember how I got here." She flutters her wings a bit, feeling if everything was okay. She leaped into a front flip and flew a circle around the girl. "Well those still work," she said landing. "Names Silver Storm."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 06:31 PM

So she had no answers for her...She hid her disappointment and simply smiled. She watched the other fly in silence a moment. She muttered a teasing congratulations as the other woman said her wings worked and couldn't help but chuckle. She smiled warmly at the woman, but hesitated at the idea of giving her either her real name or the name her father forced on her. Instead she gave an alias, the pet name her spirit guide refereed to her as.

"You can call me Staria, the cat is Yuki. I was heading towards that building over there, maybe they'll be people there with some answers" She suggested lightly. Yuki, who was still on her shoulder, glanced at her. Always so over cautious... not even revealing Yuki's true nature as a spirit guide who happened to have chosen a cat form to guide her 'Staria' but simply calling her a 'cat.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 06:35 PM

That seems logical. Mind if I come along? She landed and looked around, very creeped out by this place though she couldn't say why. Everything was still, unnaturally so. Silver didn't consider herself a chicken but she definitely did not want to be on her own here, if possible.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 06:49 PM

"Feel free. There is something...unnatural about this place, it may not be wise to be alone. The air feels strange, it does not feel alive." She remarked as her ears tilted downward. She was frowning at the sky as she said this, not realizing how strange this might sound to another. It was the difference between true wind, free and alive, and wind created by magic which to her felt dead and cold. She shook off the thought and started towards the building as if expecting the other to follow. She stayed alert and her ears twitched a little.

What bothered her the most, however, was so much the air as the lack of animals. Plants could not exist without animals naturally but she could hear and smell no animals. There didn't even seem to be bugs which would process the soil so plants could grow and eat away the dead leaves. She paused as she neared a rose bush and picked it. The final proof the plants were not natural came then. The rose grew back in seconds and the rose in her hand turned to dust which made her hand tingle like it did when it touched the dead.

"ack!" She let out a cry and dropped the dust before using her own saliva and a rag from her cloak to wash away the dust. She did not trust any water here so would not waist what little she carried in a hidden pocket. Instead she simply scrubbed her hand, waiting for the tingling to stop before she tossed the rag away from her. She frowned at it as the soil seemed to 'eat' the rag and then everything was once again perfect, clean, and beautiful as it was before. She bit her lip, gazing at the flowers with suspicion. Could they... were they already dead?

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 07:00 PM

Silver followed along behind Staria. She watched her pick the rose and nearly screamed when it turned to dust and one grew back in its place. "This place is so creepy and unnatural. Flowers DO NOT do that," she said motioning to the newly appeared rose. "And where are the animals?" She felt lonely and naked, not being able to sense any animals. She could read any animal and even communicate with them, but that only worked if there were animals. She kept turning around, her nerves on end. "I don't like this place," she muttered softly.

This place was so beautiful, but SO dead. She walked towards one of the buildings, trying to sense ANY animal form, but there was nothing. "Where ever we are, I don't like this place,' she said to Staria.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 07:15 PM

"I don't know... I just don't like it. I can take care of us, no matter what we find" She said quietly in response, as if to reassure her. What disturbed her most, however, was the way the ground had absorbed the scrap of cloth... as if it was 'eating' it. Was that how everything kept alive in here? Eating in animate objects and the dead? She frowned slightly at the thought and unconsciously pulled one of her blades from her scabbards. It made her feel safer that way... She kept a hand nearest the other girl free however, in case she needed to pull her out of the way of something. She just wished she could hear some sound....any sound other then the soft breeze and their own steps. If people were in the buildings she should be hearing them move...

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 07:20 PM

Its so quiet, where is everyone? She stayed close to Staria, feeling reassured by the girl's blade. She could help wishing that she had had her gun on her today, though it seemed weird for an animal fairy to carry. Course she had used it a few times to save an animal's life, besides why couldn't a fairy protect herself. She didn't care for violence but she would never go down without a fight. She may come across ditzy, but underneath she was strong and a fighter.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 07:43 PM

"I don't know..." She said quietly. She sighed inwardly, She was really starting to really dislike giving that answer. She shook her head and simply continued to lead her to the house. Once she stepped onto the porch it was clear that the boards were half covered in vines and flowers. She frowned to herself but touched the door, the door handle seemed stiff as if it hadn't been turned in some time. She used her demonic strength to open the door and looked into the empty room. She frowned at it. In here there was dust.... and no marks on the floor. It was clear no one had walked on it for years....

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 05-25-2012, 07:52 PM

Cold, serpentine eyes watched the two women from within one of the beautiful structures, their golden color seeming to glow in the hazy sunlight. The man who they belonged to stood eerily still next to one of the silk screens, seeming normal enough, though if one watched closely, they would find he was nearly translucent, his skin and clothing holding nearly no color, save for the blood-red sash about his waist. Unobtrusive, he waited and watched like he always had, his silent vigil seemingly undisturbed by the arrival of the strange visitors.

However, winding through the delicate flowers a white, snake-like creature carefully sought a closer look, it's bright eyes mirroring the ones belonging to the warrior spirit. As it moved, it's body looked as though it were just a scrap of silk blowing in the breeze, thought a closer examination would show it was moving against the gentle breeze that flowed through the garden. Staying low to the ground, to carefully followed the two.

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 05-25-2012, 08:27 PM

Jo glided on the wind, far above the area she could be in danger. Her harness held the dress she was going to wear at the dinner she was headed to, and she was in a rather good mood, overall. She gave a happy grin and twisted in the air, catching a updraft on one side and using it to flip upside-down for just a moment, righting herself almost instantly. It was a maneuver she knew well, it had saved her life before. Her thoughts turned to the dinner party she was going to, and the presentation she was giving on her work. The family, nobles of some kind, wanted to commission her to make a matching set of jewelry for a wedding.

Her thoughts distracted, she didn't sense the sudden change in the energies around her until the flash. She screamed, sensitive eyes momentarily blinded, and flapped wildly. The sudden lack of strong winds made her wing beats propel her almost backwards, and she lost what balance she'd retained during the transportation. She plummeted, eyes watering, down through the sky, wings frantically trying to right herself.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 PM

"we're being watched" She whispered quietly after she got over the shock of seeing no foot prints. She had let the weird place get to her enough it took her this long to notice. She put a hand on Silver's shoulder to get her to pause and stay close to the building where there was cover. She then, however, heard a scream and looked up to see the griffin. She frowned and ran forward, sheathing her sword as she did so. She didn't think the griffin could catch herself before she hit the ground...

She held up her hands and began to chant, using the skills her father taught her. Her inner spiritual energy began to weave around her in blue light before rising in the form of a cat like dragon. It appeared like a chinese style dragon but with wings, with its lower body wrapped around her body. She put forward a hand and the upper part of the dragon burst forward and soon had itself wrapped around the griffin. It would flap its wings as Asuka shivered with concentration, her spirit attacks and manipulation harder then it looked.

The dragon shaped energy flapped its wings to slowly lower the griffin to the ground before letting her go in front of Asuka who was panting with concentration. Once she laid jo down she would pull all her energy back, Yuki on her shoulder seeming proud. That was the quickest she had summoned the most difficult of her inner beasts, the dragon, ever. Even if Asuka looked as if she was going to fall over it was still quite a feat...

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 PM

Silver watch, ready to help but Staria looked like she had it under control. I still feel eyes on us, and I don't like Silver murmured quietly to Staria. She wanted to get cougars and wolves or something to help them, but their were no animals for her to call out to. Silver didn't like this one bit. She wanted to sit down like a child and cry to go home, but that wouldn't do them any good.

She scanned the house, where not a foot print disturbed the dust. What was wrong with this place? Actually a better question was, what was this place? She could sense magic but she didn't like the feel of it. This place felt sinister and cold, sending ice cold chills down her spine.

Drakina

Old 05-25-2012, 09:14 PM

Jo nearly screamed again when she felt the energy dragon wrap itself around her. Too much happening at once, and where did the wind go? She felt it slowing her descent, though, and stopped struggling so much. If it really wanted to eat or kill her, all it had to do was let her hit the ground. Her eyes had stopped watering enough to follow the dragon's body down to the woman who was controlling it.

She sat as soon as the dragon let her go, gold eyes staring at the cat-like woman and the fae next to her. Her peripheral vision told her the place was a garden, with buildings covered by flowering vines. She kept her attention on the two- no, three- in front of her. "Thank you for catching me," she said, beak forming the words a bit harshly and with a hiss.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 03:15 PM

That was quite a fall, Silver said, holding out her hand to Jo, to help her to her feet. She shivered again, this place was really bothering her. She didn't like being here one bit.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 05:50 PM

"No problem" the feline said quietly and waved her hand as if to say what she had done was in significant. She then stood again and began to scan for the presence she had sensed watching them. Someone else was here... yet had not run up to gather with the others in this spooky place. Did this stranger know more then they did? She stepped slightly between the two women and where the presence seemed strongest but the building hid him from view. She frowned, her cat like ears perking downward as she debated what to do.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-26-2012, 06:49 PM

You feel the eyes watching us too? Silver asked Staria. Its not just me? She didn't like the feeling of someone watching her, especially when the presence felt cold and hostile. She flew up in the air and looked around in case they were hiding behind a building or tree, but no one was in site. She circled and landed next to the other two. Well whoever is watching us must be in one of the buildings.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 05-26-2012, 07:49 PM

She is suprised but soon is down smelling the flowers, it has been some time since she has even see one, let a lone have the scent filler nose. he ays down in the flowerbed infront of her. thinking of old days.*

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 05-26-2012, 08:23 PM

Both of their eyes would have fallen on him, had he not willed himself to fade out more. His body was now nearly indistinguishable next to the old silk, only the faint glow of his eyes could be seen and even those could be called a trick of the light. Expressionless, he watched them all; the falling gryphon, the skilled feline and the two fae. It would be like every other time since he arrived there... there was no point in becoming attached.

The thin, snake-like spirit continued to dart through the plants, however, the vines and thorns not even bothering to try and grab at the insubstantial creature anymore. It carefully wove around the scene, taking in the appearance and actions of the arrivals much as it's companion did from afar. Whenever it strayed a bit too close, a word of warning from the warrior made it back off, but it's curiosity was quickly gaining the better of it. It was not nearly as jaded as it's friend, instead eternally maintaining a sense of mischief that balanced out the duo.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 05-26-2012, 08:40 PM

She falls asleep in the wild flowers and lays there for quite some time.

Drakina

Old 05-27-2012, 10:45 PM

((Silver, Jo's in her gryphonic form at the moment. I'll have her shift human soon.))

Jo nodded to the fae, the hand un-needed at the moment. It would probably be a good idea to shift to her more 'normal' form and put on the dress, but she was unsure of how they would take her shifting into a naked woman in front of them. She had yet to master the art of keeping clothing on her human form while she shifted to this one.

She stepped back as the feline woman moved, head turning to follow her gaze. Buildings, thank goodness she hadn't fallen into one of those. She ruffled her feathers, puffing them up and then laying them flat, noticing the watched feeling now that her heart rate had calmed down a bit. "Well, if they are in there, we have two choices," she said, words still harsh and slightly hissing. "We either go in and try to find them, or stay out here and make them come to us."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 10:56 PM

Atsuka nodded as Silver spoke in silent agreement. She frowned at the building a moment longer until Jo spoke. Her eyes narrowed as she gazed at the building and debated inwardly. She hated waiting out here in the open even at the best of times.... in a garden that ate anything without life it was even worse. Especially when she considered something no one else had yet seemed to realize... there was no food in the garden. This garden was a place to die.

"Well... I see no reason to just stand here. I say we go" She said quietly, her dark ears tilting downward in thought. She could feel it... at least two other presences. They had been hard to make out in this garden of the dead but she felt them now.. Still it had taken being stared at for her to sense them, how much more hid beneath the surface here? She frowned at the thought, but said none of this to the other girls.