Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-30-2013, 07:59 AM

There's not a lot I won't wear. My fashion taste is pretty varied. One day I look like a time traveler, the next I look like a fantasy character, the next day...let's just say the fairy is strong with this one. There are a few things though:

I will never, ever, ever wear meme T-shirts or anything with sexist humor. And any time I see someone wearing something like that I'm not gonna lie I judge them pretty hard.

Though on a more personal note...let's see. Crocs. Just...no. I won't wear those. They look ridiculous on most people. Also I have a really hard time wearing yellows and oranges - they really highlight that my skin is pretty transparent; they make me look like a lobster in the face and a Vulcan in the arms.

I don't like wearing heels bigger than about 2". They just kill my feet. I'll DO it for certain things, but most shoes I have are within that range.
...which reminds me, I try to avoid shoe shopping in the women's section in general because what is traction. When you go shopping in both sides of the store it gets really painfully obvious. Literally painful. I've slipped and fallen flat on my ass for wearing my favorite "women's" boots on a tile floor more than once.

Let's see...I also will never wear pants from the women's section of the store. Because POCKETS. If I see a design I like over there I'll go right ahead and modify a pair of jeans from the men's section to look like that. Why are POCKETS in women's clothing such a difficult concept?

I also don't wear skinny jeans. They don't work well on my shape and even if they did I think they'd get me constantly taken for a woman, damn my hips.

...oh, shit, and drop-crotch pants. I don't know what the deal is with those but I've only seen ONE person wear those and NOT look like they had a huge dirty diaper on.

I also don't really like wearing tank tops - short ones because they just don't look good on me; long ones because of what they call them. Just for what they call them.
...say, a "wifebeater" is just a long tank top; if you made an even longer tank top - like tunic-length or so - would it be a wifebeaterbeater? Because I'd wear the hell out of that.

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 09-30-2013, 09:02 AM

What I don't wear. Hm.
  • Turtlenecks
  • Sneakers
  • Casual hoodies
  • Sweats
  • FLIPFLOPS
  • Toe-peak anything shoe
  • Halters/Open back tops

That's all I can think of now.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-30-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Warm colors. Red, orange, yellow, warm pinks... all look terrible on me, and I don't like them anyway. I can wear cool pinks and maybe a mustard yellow, but otherwise nonono. I just generally do not wear bright colors.

Flared or baggy pants... Sometimes I can pull off a wide leg or trouser leg jean, but mostly I wear more form-fitting stuff. I have wider thighs, so anything that accentuates that is awkward.

No heels. They're lovely, but they make my feet literally bleed, so no.

Nothing strapless or with spaghetti straps. I just cannot be bothered with strapless/convertible bras and going braless is not an option for me.

Capris and long shorts look terrible on me. I'm short enough as it is, and they make me look both shorter and wider. Yuck.

Velour. That's not really a thing anymore, but I still have nightmares about 2008 when you couldn't step outside without seeing three people in velour tracksuits. Oh god yuck.

I also avoid dresses and skirts with hems that are just above the knee or lower. It's not that I have anything against modesty, they just look horrible on me and simultaneously make me look shorter and older. There's an age for those and I respect that, I just haven't reached it yet.
Now this was ages ago so it may not even be you I am thinking of. I recall having a conversation with you and seiki about a yellow hoodie being one of your favorites. Now....gosh....that was before you became a mod so like 2-3 years ago lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Angel View Post
There's not a lot I won't wear. My fashion taste is pretty varied. One day I look like a time traveler, the next I look like a fantasy character, the next day...let's just say the fairy is strong with this one. There are a few things though:

I will never, ever, ever wear meme T-shirts or anything with sexist humor. And any time I see someone wearing something like that I'm not gonna lie I judge them pretty hard.

Though on a more personal note...let's see. Crocs. Just...no. I won't wear those. They look ridiculous on most people. Also I have a really hard time wearing yellows and oranges - they really highlight that my skin is pretty transparent; they make me look like a lobster in the face and a Vulcan in the arms.

I don't like wearing heels bigger than about 2". They just kill my feet. I'll DO it for certain things, but most shoes I have are within that range.
...which reminds me, I try to avoid shoe shopping in the women's section in general because what is traction. When you go shopping in both sides of the store it gets really painfully obvious. Literally painful. I've slipped and fallen flat on my ass for wearing my favorite "women's" boots on a tile floor more than once.

Let's see...I also will never wear pants from the women's section of the store. Because POCKETS. If I see a design I like over there I'll go right ahead and modify a pair of jeans from the men's section to look like that. Why are POCKETS in women's clothing such a difficult concept?

I also don't wear skinny jeans. They don't work well on my shape and even if they did I think they'd get me constantly taken for a woman, damn my hips.

...oh, shit, and drop-crotch pants. I don't know what the deal is with those but I've only seen ONE person wear those and NOT look like they had a huge dirty diaper on.

I also don't really like wearing tank tops - short ones because they just don't look good on me; long ones because of what they call them. Just for what they call them.
...say, a "wifebeater" is just a long tank top; if you made an even longer tank top - like tunic-length or so - would it be a wifebeaterbeater? Because I'd wear the hell out of that.
I enjoyed reading this, thank you. You sound like a really fun person.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-02-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Now this was ages ago so it may not even be you I am thinking of. I recall having a conversation with you and seiki about a yellow hoodie being one of your favorites. Now....gosh....that was before you became a mod so like 2-3 years ago lol.
Hmmmmm... I used to have this really big Beatles hoodie with the Yellow Submarine on the front. It was more of a muted, washed out yellow, though. I might still wear it if it wasn't for the fact that it's so huge. Though I don't think it looks that good with my skin. When I say yellow, though, I usually mean like
Click on thumbnail for full view
YELLOW.

That's all I can think of. I don't think I've worn that hoodie at all since well before I joined Mene, but that's the only thing I can think of that you might be recalling. But it's not indicative of my current tastes. Like I said, it was well before I joined Mene, and I've been here for some six years, so.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM

I also could be thinking of Cami, Es, or Platty too. They where all also very active in the thread at that time lol.

tigerangel
(ó㉨ò)
Penpal

Old 10-03-2013, 11:31 PM

I couldn't ever bring myself to wear a pair of crocs of any style.
Very wide leg pants, just no.
Baggy anything. I'm thin enough already.
Which brings us to skinny jeans. They don't look right on my skinny legs.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-04-2013, 03:22 AM

Cora, that's probably it. I can't imagine having mentioned that hoodie in any memorable way given that I hadn't worn it in years. Unless I happened to mention it passively and you have a weirdly good memory.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-04-2013, 03:25 PM

Well I do have a really good memory but thats beside the point lols. It was probably Cami. I can see cami liking yellow.

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 10-04-2013, 03:57 PM

This seems to still be active so I decided I was going to post my fashion don'ts.
Personally, I think I look dapper in all of the colors I've tried on, so I dress as colorfully as I can. But, I find that, despite being very open on the whole color scheme of my clothes, there's barely anything to wear. Period.

Since I was like 15, I wasn't allowed to wear polo-shirts since the fabric ended up getting stretched across my breasts, making them look needlessly ginormous. And I pop the buttons on my oxfords, so even though I have like fourteen button-up shirts, I can't wear any of them unless I want to give strangers a peepshow.

I don't wear tank-tops, or tops with spaghetti straps because they show too much cleavage and my bra-straps are super thick so they're always out and looking tacky.

I don't wear dresses because I can't find any that don't make me look fat.

I don't wear shorts (unless they're those knee-length gym-shorts that look kinda like Basketball shorts) because my parents have this notion that shorts = bad things--I don't wear skirts because of the same reason.

And I don't like wearing jeans, despite wearing them all the time, because I have a small waist and jeans never fit me.

And I've never owned a pair of shoes that weren't sneakers or ballet flats.

/rant

I feel better now.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 10-05-2013, 03:02 AM

Skirts or dresses. I just don't have the legs for them. I'm pasty white, like a female Casper. I hate showing my legs. Probably from being raised by a semi-conservative single father. Definitely no heels, ever. I have black wedges when I need to wear nice shoes.

I don't wear makeup unless it's a special occassion, like a wedding or dinner at a fancy restaurant or something. Even then I'll apply a thin layer of eyeliner and mascara, that's it. No blush, no lipstick, nothing like that.

I'm not much of a girly girl :P I like to keep my nails clean and polished with a clear strengthener. Maybe do my hair once in awhile.

Funny enough that I love plaid. I like how the design fits on me, if it's the right kind of shirt. Unfortunately I have a slimmer waist, and breasts a little too large for my frame, so it's hard to find shirts that fit right, of any design.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-05-2013, 03:36 AM

Apricot: If you have a lot of button-ups that are too tight to button, try wearing them totally unbuttoned (or just unbuttoned over your chest) over a camisole or tank top. I know some busty women who do that since they can't wear the shirts buttoned. It looks cute!

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 10-05-2013, 01:38 PM

I actually look good in turtlenecks But then again I have a twiggy body with huge boobs. I'm also the same body type that can pull off a mermaid tail dress without looking like a seal.
As for things I will not wear.
  • shorts
  • converse (or similar boat-looking shoes)
  • things with rinestones or gems
  • tiny skirts

I'm sure there's lots more, but I mostly wear jeans and screened tees. I'm so casual it's boring. I just don't have any nice clothes, nor do I have time to wear them. I tend to wear work uniforms about 70% of the time. Polos and khakis and white button ups and giant un-tailored green pants.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-05-2013, 02:39 PM

Lucky Longy

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-06-2013, 01:00 AM

Just as I'm reading through the first few posts of the thread, I see a mention of sleeveless turtlenecks and how 'yuck' they are; I happen to be wearing one right now, hahaha! I bought an amazing black jersey dress that goes just past the knee; it looks incredible and I usually pair it with a scarf or a sweater. I have another with a scoop neck and cap sleeves, but I wore it swimming once so the texture isn't always what I want.

I think a lot of the things have been mentioned here; crocs, sneakers, sweat pants, Hardy-inspired anything. I hate those DIY styled t-shirts where the back is ripped out, or the sides are all twisted up and you show off a bra or wear a tank underneath. The only women I've seen wearing them--while fit--often look much older than what they're trying to portray. And when the younger girls wear them...sheesh.

You'll never catch me in a strapless anything.
I hate bustier wedding dresses.

shinigamikarasu
(^._.^)ノ

Penpal

Old 10-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Things I don't like to wear:
-Skinny jeans. They're are really unflattering on me.
-Skirts shorter than knee length. I can't stand short skirts. I don't even really wear skirts all that often anyway.
-Dresses. The only dress I wear regularly is a sundress I wear oven my bathing suit.
-Warm colors. Cooler colors, especially blues, tend to look better on me. I don't avoid them entirely and I do have a few items in red and orange for variety. No yellow, though. Yuk.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 11-06-2013, 03:50 PM

Hmm let's see...

Shorts.
Cheap Primarni style jewelry.
Headbands.
Very short skirts.
Short shorts.
Converse.
Toms or similar.
Ugg boots or similar.
Chinos.
Completely sleeveless/strapless tops/dresses (hello huge shoulders & arms).
Tops with very low open backs.
Coats without belts.
Pink bras.
Dresses longer than knee length.

Are all on my list.

cator93
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2013, 06:11 PM

Crocs
Highwaters
Bell bottoms
Long skirts

Mika Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2013, 11:35 PM

- Uggs.
- Leggings worn as pants.
- Uggs combined with leggings worn as pants in particular...
- Crocs.
- Sweatpants and pajama pants worn in public.
- Flat shoes.
- Pastels.
- Neon colors.
- Skinny jeans.
- "High-low" anything.
- Those flat, moccasin-type shoes that seem to be everywhere lately.
- Anything with an infinity symbol, mustache, or really simple cross on it, just because I'm getting really, really sick of seeing them plastered all over EVERYTHING.
- Oversized fake glasses.
- Anything with the brand name on it.

...Basically I just hate everything that's been in style in the past three or four years. xP I really don't have anything against people who wear any of these things (except maybe the pajama pants in public one...), but I have a tendency to dislike most of the things that most people seem to like, and it gets frustrating to me not to be able to find anything in clothing stores because everywhere has the exact same types of things just because they're currently in style.

Last edited by Mika Rose; 11-13-2013 at 12:44 PM..

cator93
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-13-2013, 02:10 PM

I don't like brands such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, etc. they charge you three times what you should pay to advertise their logo on your chest and the back of your pants.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 AM

I don't wear male t-shirts, and generally I will not wear t-shirts that are cut for a female body. They look awful on me and I don't like it.

I also almost never wear anything with advertisements on them (so like "Hurley" or "Aeropostale" or even say "Blink 182" or any other band shirts). I don't like being a walking billboard, and I also don't like people staring at my chest reading something that's plastered there. So clothes with words or whatever are a no most of the time. I also don't like graphic shirts much. Anything with a big picture on it is better suited for a child or a man to me.

Also, I'll never ever ever ever walk out of the house just wearing yoga pants or tights as pants. It always equals camel toe and that ends badly.

Other than that, you will never catch me wearing the color yellow. It's the only color that I don't even have a single piece of clothing in, and if I do somehow end up wearing it it makes my skin tone look corpse like.

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 11-15-2013 at 01:46 AM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 11-15-2013, 05:10 AM

-thinks about submitting a picture of me totally rocking a turtleneck-

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-17-2013, 12:26 AM

I wanna see xP

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 11-17-2013, 06:07 AM

That would be interesting... I'm curious how one can rock a turtleneck

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 11-18-2013, 10:18 AM

I'll have to charge my phone. I should be doing that anyway.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 11-18-2013 at 07:42 PM..