Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-28-2008, 08:45 PM

Sirus Seto sat at the dinner table, slouched in his chair as he pushed peas around on his plate. He was listening at his father rattled off how his day had gone.

"Another guy died from a heart attack... they're all inmates from different prisons in the area. We're not finding any commonalities except for their being inmates. It's really a mess." the man was telling his wife, "Frank's looking into what gets imported to the prisons to see if it might have something to do with their diet, but we really have no idea."

Sirus brushed his waist length black hair out of his eyes, "Perhaps someone found a way to cause heart attacks."

"Like hell they did."

"Well, think about it. At the rate technology's evolving we can't simply rule that out as an option. Look into staff members that have regular contact with all of the prisons." Sirus scraped the peas onto the floor, letting the dog eat them. "Can I held on this case? My midterms are over, I'm bored again."

"Alright, if you want to, but don't get in the way, and don't piss off my co-workers please."

"Of course I won't. I'll come in after school tomorrow. _____ might tag along. We won't screw around, I promise."

FrostsHellion
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to FrostsHellion

Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 PM

He finished jotting down the name of another serial rapist and he looked down at the book... he put it away in the locked drawer of his desk at home and looked at the wall. Jakoby summers, a troubled young man attending college thought back of his finding the death note... just two days after the drunk driving accident that killed his friends and should have killed him he stumbled upon the book and determined that he was saved for a reason.

He had no real family anymore, just an aunt who lived alone and spent all her time cooped up in her room. Jakoby was left to fend for himself for the most part since his parents died tragically in another accident that probably should have killed him too... He was always somehow dodging death, or possibly being passed over by it. He let out a sigh as he looked to the clock, he had made a meger dinner for himself and now it was getting late. he patted the locked drawer and crawled into his bed. Every since his parents died he was a bad kid, and that lasted from age 9 to 17... up until the crash, he felt so guilty about his friends and it wasnt until he found that book and started using it that he really felt good about himself. Even feeling good enough to spend more time with his old friend Sirus and rekindle their friendship which had been strained by Sirus' time with the friends who had died.

Tommorow was another day, another chance to right the wrongs of the world and get back to living his life. He also remembered that his list was running short, the list of names of the worst criminals in jail that he had been systematically feeding into the book. He'd need to make another list tommorow at school... sometime before school or another time when he wouldnt be interupted.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 PM

((I've got to run to class, may or may not be able to reply... I'll be back for sure this in about three hours. ))

The next day Sirus pulled up in front of Jakoby's house and gave the horn a short beep. He'd gotten a new car only weeks before, and since had been driving himself and Jakoby to school. He was dressed in he basic suit like red uniform, his black hair pulled up in a bun under a black hat. His bangs still hung around his face, giving the simple effect as though he had short hair. The radio was blasting rock music, an dsirus seemed to only be half paying attention to it as he waited for his friend.

Instead his mind was on the recent murders, contemplating possibilities and actions. ((Gotta run, ta!))

FrostsHellion
*^_^*

Old 01-28-2008, 09:38 PM

Jakoby had thrown on his school uniform and covered his blonde hair with his hat just before the sound of his friends horn startled him out of something of a daydream. He grabbed his bag with all his books and looked to the drawer that contained the death note "oh no... you're staying here. My little secret weapon of justice" He headed out and almost lept into his friends car, his backpack spilling out abit. He gathered it all up except for a small note written on a scrap of paper that flipped through the air on the breeze and landed next to Sirus. The note read "Dont forget new list. Try upstate" Jakoby barely noticed the note fall on his friend lap. "Hey sirus... hows it going this morning?" He always asked the same question and usually got a remarkably similiar answer from his friend each time. He often thought how nice it must be for his friend, having a nice stable family and being able to almost always answer that question the same way.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 AM

"Same as always, mom made breakfast, dad whined baout the news." Sirus said as he picked up the scrap. He noticed what was on it, but didn't seem to care. "You dropped this." He said as he turned the radio down. "Well, my dad has a new case." He said as he pulled out of the driveway and back onto the street. "You've heard about all the heart attacks? He's in charge of finding out what, or who in my opinion, is causing them. I'm heading in after school today to help with the investigation, do you want to come?"

((Just a note, 'Sirus Seto' isn't the name that's on his birth certificate, so your character wouldn't be able to kill him.))

FrostsHellion
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2008, 09:48 AM

(I'm not even gonna mention how odd it is that you suggested killing a friend first :wink: )

"Sure..." he said as he put the scrap into his pocket quickly "...you know me, always happy to come along. you know how its been since..." He sighed alittle and turned on the radio, letting the morning announcer drown out what would have led to a really hard conversation.

He left it on just briefly and then turned it off again "so, heart attacks? Dont they happen to people all the time... especially people in high stress situations? being in prison would definately seem like a high stress situation wouldnt it? i mean seeing the movies and the tv shows about life on the inside. Or maybe its just one of the inmates dropping rat poison in the soup... whatever it is i'm sure we can at least help figure it out." He realized he had begun to ramble alittle and he cut himself off, he had no reason to be nervous at this point so all he had to do was play it cool and everything would be fine.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-29-2008, 04:10 PM

(( XD In Deathnote the two main characters -are- trying to kill each other. ))

"To an extent, yes, prison's considered a highly stressful situation, but there haven't been any drastic changes in the past five years. Rat poison wouldn't cause a heart attack, and it would come up quickly i th autopsy. And it's definitely not an inmate doing it, because it's happening all over the area, in multiple prisons. My guess would be that it's someone on staff for multiple prisons, perhaps someone that delivers food, or the inmates. It's quite possible that it's someone in medical. My father's having the prison's gather names and do background checks on all the employees that would have access to all of the prisons."

FrostsHellion
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2008, 06:05 PM

He nodded and smiled at his friend "We'll figure it out, somebodies gotta do all the hard work for the police" He turned on the radio again very softly and laughed abit. "But you know i'm just kidding, i think your dads a great cop, the city needs more like him you know..." Jakoby had alot of respect and love for the law of the land, his problem was never their methods... just seemingly their lack of follow thru was what he had difficulty with. "... Maybe someday when we get done college i'll try for the police academy, i think i'm in good enough shape at least to be a beat cop"

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-29-2008, 06:46 PM

"I'm not interested in being a cop really... A writer maybe, or an artist would do well for me. It's good experience though, and looks amazing on resumes." He pulled into the school parking lot, "Let's see, we've got history first.. fun... and I think that's the only lass we have together."

FrostsHellion
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 PM

"And of course the only class we have together WOULD have to be the most boring class of all wouldnt it?" He laughed and looked to his class schedule "We should've worked this out better... at least we have lunch at the same time." He got out of the car and looked around, he straightened himself out abit, smoothing out his clothes as he waited for his friend to get out of the car. He'd always hated history class... he always swore he wouldnt have even shown up at this class if it wasnt for Sirus.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 PM

"Better a boring class then an interesting one, we can sit in back and mess around through it. Every thing's in the book anyway, I don't need to pay much attention to the lecture." Sirus got out of and locked the car, heading towards the main building for history.

((Oh, I almost forgot he's supposed to have a shinigami... but it's not too important. It's just someone to explain the rules and everything to him. Google or wiki Ryuk from Deathnote for more details.))

FrostsHellion
*^_^*

Old 01-30-2008, 09:24 AM

He followed after his friend and looked towards the school. He was seriously considering the idea of being a cop "Alright lets get into character" He said with a smile trying to sound like samuel l jackson, his hero. He opened the door to the class and let his best friend pass.

(I'll read up on it and include it in a post later, it'll be like a "Saw" movie... all flashbacky)

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 02-03-2008, 05:28 AM

((Uhg, I've been so swamped with things, I just haven't felt like roleplaying. ;-; Can we put this on hold for a few days? n.n; ))

FrostsHellion
*^_^*

Old 02-03-2008, 05:34 AM

(hey its cool, i completly understand. Take your time, hit me with a PM when you're ready. i've been studying up on death note on wikipedia and i've got alot of ideas to run with when you're all set, like if i had figured out the cause of death write-in i would've been using that the whole time to avoid suspicion about the heart attacks :D )

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 02-27-2008, 06:17 PM

Sirus passed his friend, takign a seat next to the window in the very back of the room. He pulled out a noteook and began to scrawl out ideas for the case, careful not to let anyoen see. He doubted Jackoby was the criminal as much as he doubted any of the students were, but he had to be sure, and be careful.

((Sorry this took so long. 0____o ))