PurpleBox
Quite on the Outside, a raging s...

Old 05-18-2018, 01:30 AM

“Big's better than nothing mate.” Ian said, his voice still sounding like velvet gravel as he accepted the cloths, pulling the sweatpants onto his slim hips and tying the cord off so they wouldn't fall down. The hoodie was pulled on and Ian had ruffled his own ginger locks to get any dirt and leaves out before he pulled the hoodie on properly. As expected the cloths where big on the slim bartender, but it didn’t seem to bother him much.

Ian made a happy noise when he caught the water, his mouth was parched, like it always tended to be if he’d run a lot under the moons light. “Always craving sugar after a night like that.” Ian said offhandedly, but it was true, his body was craving even the smallest amount of sweet sugar in the granola bars. ‘I think I’ll make chocolate chip waffles today… Tristan will love that.’ Ian thought to himself as he finished off the granola and the water fairly quickly.

“So… what exactly brought you here? I’ve tried my best to keep from being seen….Terrence stumbled on me after i caught a deer…. I have a feeling he’s been talking more than just at the bar?” Ian said, he knew that he was never safe if he was seen… Terrence was a known drunk though so not many people took his tall tales seriously so Ian had not confronted the man as a human.

Ian’s instincts were calmed down, still gently pushing him to go find Tristan… he wasn't sure he should with this hunter following him… even if the man knew that he had a kid already… Ian was protective of his pack.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-18-2018, 02:03 AM

Jensen did his best not to laugh or even snicker when he saw the way his clothes hung on the ginger, in fact, if he was honest with himself, he liked how Ian looked in his clothes. But Jensen was not ready to deal with those thoughts, not without perhaps privacy and a stiff drink in his hand. He shook his dark head, trying to clear it of those errant thoughts and focus on the man before him and the task at hand.

"In my...line of work," Jensen began in his deep voice, picking and choosing his words. "One gets used to picking out the truth from tall tales and drunken stories. I caught wind of a freak wolf sighting out this way and thought I would come check it out, see if there was any truth to the tale." But I wasn't expecting to find you, Jensen thought, keeping those words to himself.

PurpleBox

Old 05-18-2018, 03:29 AM

“Hmmmm….” Ian sighed a bit, pushing some of his ginger hair out of his face. “Well at least this time I won’t have to uproot my son...he’s starting school in a month...so what you said last night… about other hunters? You’re the second one i’ve ever run into….” Ian trailed off, shivering at the memory… it had been the first time he had killed a human, it still haunted him but he comforted himself by telling himself that he had to do it or else Tristan would be a orphan.

The ginger haired man rolled up the sleeves on the hoodie so they wouldn't get in his way if he feended his hands, hsi bare toeswiggling in the dirt, yup he’d need a bath once he got home… maybe a bubble bath…

“So… you know my name… what’s yours?” Ian asked the dark haired hunter in front of him, green eyes genuinely curious.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2018, 01:48 AM

Jensen's dark head nodded, glad the kid wouldn't be orphaned or have to be uprooted again. Jensen himself well knew that agony, still hated it to this day. "Did you get the guy's name?" Jensen asked, wondering if he knew the hunter. He wracked his brain for any hunter deaths but the only one he could think of was Colton who had seemed to just vanish. Jensen felt his cheeks heat a touch when he realized he had never told Ian his name. "Names Jensen Black," he formally introduced himself, holding out a hand to the handsome ginger before him.

PurpleBox

Old 05-20-2018, 02:04 AM

“He didn’t have anything on him that gave a name… i just put John Doe on the marker I placed after i buried him.” Ian grimaced, clearly disturbed that he HAD killed another human...he hadn't tried to EAT the man, before or after death, just attacked in defense after the man had shot a silver bullet that ended up grazing Ian’s hip, it still bore the smooth scar form the bullet. He’d uprooted himself and Tristan after that… this small town being the once place they’d settled down enough for Ian to feel comfortable setting his son up for school.

Green eyes looked Jensen up and down curiously, not like a piece of man meat… but they held a wolfish curiosity to them. “Jensen…. It suites ya.” Ian trialed off in a yawn, stretching his arm above his head, cringing slightly as his spine popped, something moving back into place slower than others it seemed.

“I need to get back home before the sun gets to high…. I need to pick up my son form his babysitters.” Ian said, he knew these woods pretty well for the wolf and his pup only being here half a year. Absentmindedly he rubbed at the arm that held his werewolf scar, he knew for a fact that it was the one that the beast had turned him with.

Even now Ian could remember the gleam of sick glee in the red eyes of the beast that had attacked him that night so long ago. Along with a faint whisper as he passed out of ‘Found you Wolfgang.’

“Might as well head the same way as me yeah?” It was Ian’s way as asking if Jensen would follow him or not. If not Ian would sprint to his house with wolf like speed, if the hunter would be tagging along the wolf would have to keep a slower pace. Before they moved Ian groaned remembering something.

“My mobile… i dropped it before i bolted last night….there just can’t be ONE night where i go straight home can there.” Ian had a sad little laugh at the end of that self depraved joke that he tried to play off as carefree. The ginger wolf changed where he was headed and moved back towards the road they had started this on last night.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2018, 02:33 AM

Jensen was surprised, but pleased, by Ian's offer to tag along. "Might as well," Jensen answered in his deep voice, trying not to look like a teenager who's crush had just invited him to walk them home. Get a hold of yourself man! You are an adult for Pete's sake; try and act like one! With a shake of his head he started to follow Ian when the ginger remembered his phone. "Isn't that how it always is? The time you most want to go home, something always comes up." Jensen said with a deep rumbling laugh and a shake of his dark head. "I could pick up your phone and drop it off for you," Jensen offered. "If ya need to get home to your kid."

PurpleBox

Old 05-21-2018, 04:52 AM

“I’m not gonna pick up my kid smelling like a sweaty pig…. Even he’d be offended by the smell.” Ian laughed, he knew that he wasnt that sweaty… but the dirt and grime would need to be gone before he picked up Tristan… no one else needed to know the ginger haired bartender spent the night in the woods…. No siree.

It didn’t take to long till they found the road again, Ian letting his nose guide him mostly, and he sighed relief seeing his phone in it’s protective case, unharmed form the fall. It had a little plastic wolf head dangling from it, something he’d gotten from one of those gatcha things at a mall. Sliding the screen on there was a picture of a little blond boy with curly blond hair and bright blue eyes smiling at the camera, a light dusting of freckles colored the young boys pale cheeks.

Genius was not needed to figure out that this boy was Ian’s kid, most of the photos on Ian’s phone where of his son… he had a single picture of his wife in the cottage, Tristan looked so much like his mother that it hurt sometimes.

“Ok! I live about thirty minutes from this point in the road…. At least that’s how long it is on foot.” Ian said, he rarely used the old jeep he had, only for trips into the city or when they moved.

Ian wasn't sure if Jensen had a car parked by or not. He rocked back and forth on his still bare feet, debating on walking to his cottage or just sprinting there ahead of the hunter now that he's giving directions to the single story stone cottage.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-21-2018, 07:07 AM

Jensen nodded at Ian's wisdom and followed him through the woods back to the road. He wasnt't trying to snoop but he still caught a glance of the photo on the ginger's phone. Cute kid, he thought with a soft smile. He wanted to ask about the mom, but he had a feeling it was a sensitive subject and he didn't feel like he knew Ian well enough to be asking such personal questions. Besides, Jensen's people skills were rusty. The only time he talked to people these days were interviewing victims or public places like bars and diners where he was ordering food or drinks.

"My car is back at the bar," Jensen said after Ian gave him directions. "You can walk back with me if you want or if you would rather start walking, I can grab the car and come pick you up." Jensen wasn't sure what the ginger bartender usually did or if he just ran it with his wolf speed. For all he knew, he was making a fool of himself for offering Ian a ride and was actually slowing the other man down.

PurpleBox

Old 05-22-2018, 05:01 AM

“If i started walking now i’d beat you by miles….I’d normally be sprinting back to the cottage to get cleaned and changed….it’s different with another person here… knowing… Let’s head for your car, it’ll be quicker all around.” Ian shrugged before they headed in the direction of Jensen’s car.

The ginger man let out a low whistle of approval when he saw the car. “How did you even afford this beauty?” Ian asked with a grin, teeth far more flat and human now the moon was far away form the pair of them, the only thing that seemed remotely wolfy about Ian now was his twitching at every noise, close or far, and sniffing curiously once they were inside Jensen’s car. The wolf was a little weary when he felt the presence of Silver…

Giving more accurate directions to the cottage Ian looked out the window, pushing the hoodie sleeves back up his arms when they fell down. Tattoos covered the gingers arms and it was clear his earlobes had once been stretched to a small circle size. He still had the steel plugs at home, he stopped wearing them a few days before the full moon, he’d ripped his ears during a transformation once when he still more his simple plastic ones as the stretched bones didn’t carry over to his furry self.

The cottage was a simple cobblestone themed house, a old green jeep sat in the single lane driveway, the name McLocke had hastily been painted onto the mail box at the end of the driveway.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-22-2018, 07:17 AM

Jensen nodded and led the ginger back to his car, ginning with pride when Ian spotted the Impala. "I inherited it from a friend, well more like second father," Jensen said, feeling that familiar pang in his heart when he thought or talked about Jeb. It might make him a horrible person but he missed Jeb more than he ever did his parents. Or perhaps it was that he loved and clung to Jeb even more because he knew how fleeting life could be. "He taught me how to fix it and upkeep it. Gotta keep this beauty running and purring."

Jensen couldn't help the grin when he turned the key over and heard the engine rumble to life. It was a beautiful car and his one pride and joy. Plus, as long as he had it, he felt like he still had a piece of Jeb with him. He gunned the engine and pulled away from the bar, tires spitting up gravel. It wasn't hard to follow Ian's directions to the cottage and the straight road gave him a chance to check out his companion some. He took in the tattoos and the stretched earlobes, cataloging them away in his brain. He couldn't explain why he was so attracted to the ginger next to him; perhaps a feral thing. But none the less, Ian got to him in ways that no other human had, even had Jensen thinking of things he hadn't thought of since loosing Jeb. Things like a family and a home and what it would be like having those; not bouncing around from motel to motel to short term rental.

PurpleBox

Old 05-23-2018, 05:41 AM

“He sounds like a man with good taste in cars.” Ian chuckled as he pushed some ginger hair out of his face. The ginger man fiddled with his keys a moment before he was able to find the one to unlock the door. [b]“Welcome to the man cave.”[./b] Ian said with a flourish, and indeed the entrance opens into a living room that looked like a messy man cave.

There doesn't seem to be a woman's touch in this place… aside form the small family portrait with a black ribbon across one of the corners, it was a much younger Ian and a pale beautiful young women who looked like the little boy from the phone. Said little boy was swaddled in a pale blue cloth and looked to only be a few weeks old at the time of this picture.

The picture was the only one with his wife that Ian kept out… more for Tristan’s sake… when he wonders why he looked different from his Papa.

“ ‘s not much but it’s home…” Ian said before he disappeared down the hall, water was soon heard signaling that the wolf had gotten into the shower. Ian striped off the cloths, folded them to the side before getting under the warm spray of water and began to scrub the dirt from his skin. Soon he came back out in fitted jeans, combat boots and a graphic T, his hair still had some water dripping from it as he stuffed the hunter’s cloths into a spare bag. He looked at the time and smiled when he saw it was about the time he would normally pick up his son.

“Miss Hadley lives just five minutes away… she actually owns the properly this cottage is on… so yeah.. I pay her rent…” Ian rubbed the back of his head as he handed the bag of clothes back to Jensen, “Ah… thank ‘ya for lending me the cloths…” A light blush dusted the ginger’s freckled face as he handed the back over, the men’s hand brushing against each other lightly.

When that happens Ian felt a jolt run up his arm… and straight through his arm as warmth pooled in his loins…. Well… that was new… Clearing his throat as he pulled his hand back he was blushing more. “So ah… feel free to stay here while i get my pup...fair warning…. He’s either shy or overly curious about new people.” Ian said with a short nod before he moved to head outside again.

Part of the wolf was flabbergasted that he felt OK leaving a HUNTER! In his den… the place he felt safest with his pup...

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-23-2018, 06:39 AM

Jensen looked around the place while Ian was in the shower and he liked the look of it. It was a lived in home not an immaculately kept house, which is what Jensen much preferred. He looked down at the photo of Ian and his deceased wife and felt a pang in his heart. See Jensen, you are a fool. He would never look at you like that. Who knows if he would even love again after loosing his wife.

Jensen spun away from the photo, doing his best to wipe his thoughts from his face, when he heard Ian enter. "It was the least I could do after ruining yours and making you leave them behind." Jensen said with a shrug. His mocha eyes got stuck on Ian's face as he marveled at how cute the ginger looked with a blush on his cheeks. He was shocked that Ian was willing to let him meet his kid but he found that he really wanted to meet the boy. So Jensen settled down on the couch to wait for Ian's return, dozing off from staying up all night and driving all the day before.

PurpleBox

Old 05-24-2018, 06:31 PM

“Not the first time i’ve shredded cloths on a night like that.” Ian shrugged before he popped out the door. He jobbed towards his land ladies house with ease, the morning air drying his hair pretty fast. He was dry and smiling by the time he got to the bright yellow door and knocked on it. The patter of little feet came speeding towards the door and a little blond boy flung the door open before flinging himself at Ian who scooped him up, burying his nose in his sons air, taking in the childlike scent that covered his son.

“PAPA!” the little boy squeezed his arms around the gingers strong neck, fingers digging into freckled skin and cloth. The older women who had watched the blond boy was smiling from the kitchen, in view of the door.

“He insisted on not eating till you were here Ian dear. I’ll just get his things.” The lady smiled sweetly at the father and son. Soon enough Ian was carrying his son on his shoulders with ease, a little bear shaped backpack was on Tristan’s back as he babbled on about the games he’d played with Miss Hadley the night before.

The little boy froze when he saw the car outside their cottage that wasn't theirs. “Papa… who’s here?” The little boy would be playing the shy car it seemed.

“Someone who helped me last night Pup… got lost in the woods.” Ian said rubbing his son’s calve to sooth the boy as he set the blond child down. The opened the front door, Tristan clinging to his pant leg the whole time, ready to hide his face in his Papa’s leg if he needed to, his Papa would protect him.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-25-2018, 01:39 AM

Jensen, in strange surroundings, jerked away at the sound of the door. He was on instant alert, mocha eyes scanning his surrounds and the intruder but he relaxed when he saw Ian and his son, remembering where he was. Jensen shoved a big hand through his ebony waves which had fallen loose from their ponytail at some point. He stood and grinned awkwardly at Ian; he wasn't used to being in someone's house unless he was interviewing them or taking out some bad for them. This was new territory, but his eyes lit up when he saw the little blond haired head poking out from behind Ian.

He stood and started towards Ian, but halfway there he realized how terrifying he must look to the kid. Towering at 6'4" and as broad chested as a brick wall, with a black beard in need of a trim and wild black hair he was a frightening sight to be sure. He dropped to a knee, trying to make himself as small and down on the kid's level as possible. "Hey little man," he greeted, his voice a soft rumble. "I bet I look pretty scary, but I promise I'm not anywhere as scary as I look."

He kept his body language loose and friendly, his eyes meeting the boy's but staying gentle and friendly, as he talked to the boy. Jensen had always wished for a younger sibling and now as he got older, a kid of his own. He had always loved kids but they didn't go with the life he lived and no woman stuck around when she learned what he did or that the monsters under your bed did indeed exist. "But I won't take offense either, if you want to keep hiding back there."

PurpleBox

Old 05-28-2018, 03:37 AM

Bright blue eyes looked Jensen up and down before Ian scooped up the small blond boy, making Tristan yelp a bit before he started to giggle. “Papa put me down! Down!” Ian’s pale fingers where tickling his little boy's sides.

“Tristan this is Jensen, the friend that helped me last night when i got lost in the woods. He does look like a big bear dun he?” Ian teased, Tristan opening his blue eyes again to look at the man and nodded agreeing with his Papa that the man did look like a bear.

Once the boy was put down he hesitantly made his way over to Jensen. “ ‘m Tris...Tristan Mic...McLocke!” The little boy stuck his hand out with a serious look on his face for a hand shake. Ian laughed softly as he leant against the wall watching the pair, the wolf in him was grumbling that it wasn't safe to let their pup interact with this man… Ian argued that this man had not attacked them last night even when he had the chance to.

“Once you’ve all said hullo, go put your stuff away Pup, I’ll start on the waffles.” Ian smiled as Tristan’s eyes went wide, Waffles where his son’s favorite food. Ian himself preferred steak… rare… even when he’d been human he’d always liked the takes of bloody steak. Locking the front door behind him he moved into the kitchen in the next room still able to see his son and Jensen.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-28-2018, 06:08 AM

Jensen grinned at the boy before schooling his features into an equally serious expression as little Tristan's. "Its a pleasure to meet you Tristan McLocke. Like your papa said, my name is Jensen Black." He shook the boy's hand, his big paw of a hand feeling giant wrapped around Tristan's. Jensen kept his grip firm but oh so very gentle, treating the boy with the respect of a man. When the handshake was done and Tristan had scampered off to put away his stuff away, Jensen stood and made his way into the kitchen.

"Cute kid," he said with a smile, leaning against the doorway into the kitchen. Ian's show of trust and faith in Jensen, by letting him into his home and introducing him to his son, weren't lost on the taller man. He was humbled by the other man's trust and faith; Ian was expecting him to hold up his end of the bargain. And he didn't plan to let Ian down; he would protect them with his life if it came to that.

"How long since his mom...?" Jensen trailed off, not sure how to continue or if it was a sore subject. "You don't have to answer that, in fact feel free to tell me it is none of my business," Jensen added, raking a hand through his loose black hair.

PurpleBox

Old 05-28-2018, 07:16 PM

“ He looks more like his mam then of fur ball here.” Ian said softly before he gained a thoughtful expression. “She...was killed a month after i was turned… it wasnt me if that’s what you were thinking….. I still didn't know what was going on… but i felt a pull out to the local park… that transformation was painful...Tris was only a month old….” Ian’s voice strained a moment as he gathered the ingredients for waffles.

“Somehow i found my way back to our little brownstone and a big black wolf was attacking her… she was already dead by the time i fought it off… i managed to gouge out one of its eyes…. I’ve always suspected that the black wolf is the one that turned me…. But I have no drive to find out, need to take care of my son….” Thankfully that black wolf had yet to come back in the five years since that attack…. Ian had sensed it a couple times, he wasn't sure how… but when ever he did he had moved himself and Tristan to another place, hearing about a wild dog attack only days later… then the hunters started to come after him… he’d managed to avoid most before the one he killed in self defence… and Jensen here.

Ian’s hands where shaking a bit as he talked but it was clear he needed to talk… and since anyone else in the town would think him crazy…. He talked to Jensen, spilled over the dam as it where. The ginger man had the batter whipped up and was pouring it into the waffle iron when Tristan came back into the kitchen, he wore a shirt with a cartoonish wolf on it and was holding a picture he had drawn too.

“Papa look what i drawed last night with Miss Ha...Hadley!” Tristan held the paper up for his papa to see. Green eyes widened a fraction before softening, it was a picture of ‘the pale princess and the wolf’. Ian couldn't bring himself to tell Tristan much about his mum… so he’d come up with his fairy tale to make it easier on himself when he had to speak about his wife. The wolf was a scribble of reds and oranges… much like Ian’s hair.

“That’s a good one pup, why don’t you show Jensen yeh? I gotta focus on the waffle, don’t want ‘em to burn right?” Tristan's eyes looked horrified at the image of burnt waffles before he nodded, hugged his papa around the legs once before going over to Jensen and showing him the picture.

“I-It’s the p-p-pale Princess and her wolf pro...protecer!” the little boy said holding the picture up for Jensen to see. Wide blue eyes where looking up at the man from behind the picture. Ian laughed softly, the ginger may have literal puppy eyes once a month but he had nothing on the puppy eyes of Tristan McLocke.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-29-2018, 07:37 PM

Jensen nodded as he listened to Ian talk, somehow sensing that the ginger needed to talk about it. Besides, who else would understand and not look at Ian like he was a crazed lunatic? So Jensen listened softly as the story unfolded. "If that black beast shows its one eyed face again, I will take it down." Jensen vowed with passion and genuine honesty. "There hasn't been a werewolf yet, present company excluded, that I haven't."

His words made Jensen stop and think for a moment, face a question that had been nagging softly at him all night. Was he really doing this only so Tristan wouldn't be an orphan? As he pondered the question though the truth came to him. Tristan may have originally been the reason but the more that he saw of the ginger bartender, the less he liked the thought of seeing him dead. For whatever reason, he was drawn to Ian McLocke.

Jensen smiled when Tristan came into the room in his wolf shirt and carrying his drawing proudly. The tall man dropped to a knee when the kid came his direction. He glanced quickly up at Ian as his mind put two and two together rapidly, and he realized that Ian was the wolf and his deceased wife was the pale princess. He turned his attention back to the boy though; leaving any discussion of that, if there was to be one, for later.

"That is a very nice picture buddy," Jensen praised. "Want to tell me the Tale of the Pale Princess and Her Wolf Protector? I fear I haven't heard that one before, but I always like a good story."

PurpleBox

Old 05-30-2018, 04:00 AM

Green eyes widened in surprise at the hunter vow to take down the black wolf, and … it warmed a part of Ian that he thought long run cold after his wife died….soon the conversation moved to Tristan stuttering out the tale as best he could.

“Dah princess is really really pretty, dragons and mena princes try to steal her away or mawry her… she dun what to mawry or be stold…..she likes her cas….cast… big shiny home with her books and garden….when she was little she found a puppy in her garden…. They played…. Came friends…. When they all grew up the puppy was a wolf… he scare away dah princes and fight dah dragons to keep dah princess happy home!” The little boy was smiling, his blond curls bounding around his face.

Ian and his wife… Terra, had not even known each other as kids… they'd met at Ian’s first job at a coffee shop while he was working his way through school. She’d changed the cafe to make a blond coffee that isn't bitter. After she had tried one that Ian had made. His scottish temper had not liked the comment. So he went about trying to make a less bitter coffee mix that wasn't over loaded with sugar, turned out that Terra only did this continually to see Ian each day.

He's calmed down once he found this out… being the one to ask her out after the 10th time she challenged the coffee. Dates and a small wedding soon followed and Ian went to get his bartending license…. It had not been a long marriage as they had both been quick to want a family to build their lives around…. The attacks… both of them changed all that.

There were some cushions piled onto one of the chairs that Tristan headed to after his tale,the cushions were carefully attached to the care so the little boy would climb up and seat himself, Ian had turned back to watch Jensen and his son at this point, having whipped the batter and set it in the iron to cook.

Cautious eyes watched Tristan, the lad insisted on seating himself at least once a week. The protective wolf papa ept his eyes trained on his son, ready to speed over if the boy fell. Thankfully Tristan managed to pull himself up and seat himself. Blinking wide blue eyes at the men he spoke. “Papa there's only twu seats….” The boy pouted a bit as Ian chuckled.

“That’s a easy fix Pup. Jensen care to watch the waffles while i get another?” Ian asked the spare chair was in the living room, so still in view of the kitchen.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-30-2018, 07:14 AM

Jensen smiled as he listened to Tristan's tale, already thoroughly enamored with the blond boy. There was a part of Jensen that had always longed for a younger sibling and that longing had grown into that for a child some day. Sadly the life of a hunter didn't welcome wives and children. Finding a woman, or even a man, willing to stay around once they found out about his job was impossible. Besides, he didn't want to raise a child knowing and hunting the things that went bump in the night. If some day down the road as an adult the child chose to, then Jensen would train him as best as he could but he didn't want that life for a child.

And he definitely didn't want Tristan seeing that dark world out there. He had always thought about maybe one day retiring but perhaps he had found a new job. He would use all his knowledge of both hunters and the supernatural to protect Tristan and Ian, use his skills to shield them from hunters instead of hunting them. And if that son of gun, one eyed black wolf ever showed its face, Jensen would put a silver bullet in its head and another in its heart, just to be sure that it was dead and would never hurt the two again.

He snapped out of his thoughts at Ian's question. "Sure mate. I think I can handle baby-sitting some waffles a moment," he said with a wink in Tristan's direction. He stood to his towering height and ambled over to the waffle maker in two strides.

PurpleBox

Old 06-01-2018, 05:54 AM

Big blue eyes followed Jensen, curious about the tall man that his Papa had let into their home… normally his Papa didn't even let anyone other then Miss Hadley into the cottage….Tristan wondered just who this tall dark man was… sure the little boy had been shy before… but the air around the tall man was friendly… and his Papa seemed to like the man…

Ian soon came back in and noticed his son’s sapphire eyes watching Jensen with curiosity… it was to cute, Ian couldn’t help just let out a short laugh that had both sets of eyes turning towards him. Pulling the spare chair up to the table he held it there for Tristan to inspect in his childlike way before the boy nodded and smiled.

“Now there’s a chaiw for you Mr Jen… Jens… Jensen!” He almost shouted the word out properly at the end up he’d stopped himself from a full on shout… The blond boy had some trouble with pronouncing things… Ian hoped that school would help him… to be around voices that didn’t just sound like the scottish drawl of his Papa.

Ian just laughed a little to himself before he moved closer to Jensen, opening the waffle iron with one hand before scooping out the waffle and placing it on a plate before pouring more batter into the iron. “So… Jensen… anything you like on your waffles?" Ian asked with a raised eyebrow, a smile on his face that most would call flirty but it was just Ian’s normal smile as his eyes held no flirtatious gleam in them, just pools of green with the smallest flecks of gold.

As the Waffles cooked the stack on the plate go tbigger, Ian set a few aside for his son as he cut up a banana and a kiwi , he also spread some peanut butter between the pair he’d set aside for Tristan before decorating the plate with the fruit and some syrup. Tristan was allergic to Strawberries so those and some blueberries stayed on Ian’s plate as he set his own up, the big stack of waffles went into the middle of the small table… normally Ian eat most of them, getting back some energy that he lost every full moon, he was glad he had today off so he could just rest… cuddle with his son…. Get to know a certain hunter better maybe…

Ian shook his ginger head at that…no… he had no time to get to know the other man past friendship perhaps…. He had to stay on guard and protect his son…. Tristan was his world… the only family he had left… as his own parents had passed on before he had even met Terra.

“Wa’t do ya do for’ work Mr Jensen?” Tristan asked after swallowing some of his food, the boys words a little thick from the syrup on his food. Ian tensed a bit involuntary at his son's innocent question.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-01-2018, 06:40 AM

Jensen felt eyes on him, as in his job it paid to be ever aware of his surroundings, but he didn't worry about it. Let the kid eye him up all he wanted. If it made Tristan feel better and safer with Jensen, then that was all that mattered to the tall man. He wasn't sure why he so desperately wanted the blond boy to like him so much except that he wanted the same from Tristan's father. But...no Ian probably only saw Jensen as, at most, a necessary evil for survival. Besides, his job was to protect the ginger and his son, not try and make them fall for him.

He turned when he heard Tristan's nearly shouted words. A big grin spread across his face at the boy's excitement and enthusiasm. "You mean I don't have to sit on the floor or stand in the corner?" He teased as Ian came to join him in the kitchen. He started sweat and feeling nervous and jittery and excited all at the same time as Ian moved in close to check the waffles. His nostrils widened, taking in the scent of Ian, even as his eyes got lost in those gold flecked pools of green.

"I..uh...don't think there is a wrong way to eat a waffle," Jensen finally stuttered out, glad his voice didn't crack like that of the teenager he was acting and feeling like. Ian and Tristan were a job and nothing more he mentally chastised himself. He needed to focus on keeping them safe and nothing more, definitely not getting to know a certain ginger bartender better.

PurpleBox

Old 06-02-2018, 05:06 AM

Ian and Tristan let out a laugh at his words, Ian’s was more deep and baritone compared to the bell light laugh of his son. “Well you never know what someone will like, better to ask before hand right ye?” Ian smiled as they three of them began to eat, part of the werewolf’s mind was focused on the hunter, his scent, his movement… as if waiting for the man to slip up and attack either of them… but Ian had a feeling he would have done that already if he’d been committed to killing the ginger werewolf.

Neither adult had answered the little blonde boy’s question about what Jensen did for work. Ian didn’t like lying to his son… but if they didn't answer it wasn't lying right? That’s what Ian always told himself about him being a werewolf and his son not knowing yet...or really understanding what ‘monsters’ where… his son loved Disney movies...not typical boy movies and part of Ian was happy for that… that his son wasn’t into violence like Ian remembered many boys being when the ginger himself had been a young boy.

“Did you have a bath last night Tristan?” Ian asked, already knowing his son would have avoided a bath from another person other than him. And true to his prediction the blonde boy shook his head no.

“Miss Hadley’s tub is to deep… and I didn’t ‘ave ‘Ucky with me…” Tristan looked down at his food, thinking his Papa would be upset.

“We’ll just have to squeeze one in after breakfast.” Ian said with a smile, not reprimanding his son for skipping his bath… Ian never filled the tub that full, and he never left Tristan alone...heck he’d even let calls go to the messaging system because he didn’t want to leave his son along unsupervised.

He knew a few parents that did do that… sure nothing bad happened yet… but with Tristan being Ian’s only pack… the wolf was over protective of his son at the moment… more precisely the thought of losing his son in any fashion...

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-03-2018, 06:22 AM

Jensen didn't mean to avoid the boy's question but he just didn't know how to answer the question. He had a feeling if he just tried to go with the trite 'I help people,' approach that Tristan would just have more questions and want specifics. And there was no way in this world, at least for now and if he could avoid it, that he was telling this sweet, happy boy about the things he saw and had hunted in his life.

Jensen had never had a choice about it. He had been slammed into this world of knowledge unwillingly and without a choice. He would never do that to another soul alive if he could help it. And he certainly wouldn't let anything happen to Tristan or Ian. Even though he barely knew them, he found that already he didn't think his heart could take it if something happened to either of them. Which is why if he was smart, he would teach Ian how to avoid hunters and hit the road before someone else he loved...err cared about...another innocent got hurt because of him.

He smiled as he watched Ian and Tristan interact, feeling his heart grow light as he watched them. He wished he could be a part of a family like this, talking about benign things like a bath over breakfast. He wanted a family, people to share his life with. It was his deepest longing and biggest dream; give him a life and family and he would be happy. He would happily take this family and this life but he brushed away that thought, reminding himself that Ian only saw him as an ends to a mean and a necessary evil.

PurpleBox

Old 06-13-2018, 05:08 AM

“Go get ducky and your bubble soap form the cupboard Pup, I’ll start on these and wait for you to get ready, don’t touch the taps.” Ian said ruffling his son’s curls when the pair of them where done their waffles.

Tristan nodded and shimmied out of his seat before darting off to the cupboard that held the bath supplies.

“So… while little ears are occupied….do you know of any other hunters that would have caught wind of… well me?” Ian asked as he gathered the dishes. His bare feet padded against the cool stone of the kitchen floor. He’d taken off his shoes and socks soon after getting home. His feet where always sensitive after a transformation, he didn’t know why but he preferred to go shoeless for the days he was home after the full moon.

HIs sharp ears could hear Tristan getting his rainbow towel, rubber ducky and the plastic bottle of bubble bath soap form the lower self of the cupboard and he smiled to himself as he waited for Jensen to answer. Tristan’s safety was his top priority… and now that meant seeing if other hunters would come…

Since he hadn’t had the chance to move around the perimeter of the village he had no clue if someone new had come or gone… and that could be dangerous if the wrong people got wind of a wolf in the woods.